/* */

PDA

View Full Version : After Taking shower, still need Wudu?

AnonymousPoster
10-02-2008, 09:47 PM
:sl:

I have this habit, everytime I need to make wudu I shower instead. I just find the shower so relaxing. I dont really do anything 3 times in the shower I just shower (do everything as I go) and pray after.

Is that allowed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
10-03-2008, 06:48 PM
Wudu is not just a wash; it's a purification process and a build up to get ready to worship your Creator.

...God does not intend to lay a difficulty on you, but he intends to purify you so that he may complete his favour on you and that happly ye may be grateful.

{5:6}

A shower is just a physical wash to cleanse yourself from dirt and not a religious purification process; there's a big difference between having a shower and making wudu in my opinion.

By the way this is my personal opinion and has not been said by a scholar that I know of.

Güven
10-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Wudhu is a purification so a shower alone wont make you have wudhu
but Allahu Alim :)

Here are some similar topics:
http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...udu-ghusl.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...nt-wadhuu.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/miscella...ving-wudu.html

:w:

Snowflake
10-03-2008, 07:33 PM
wudhu is obligatory before praying salah.. without it salah is not valid.. also wudhu washes away sins and is a form of ibadah and a mental and physical preparation for salah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 07:35 PM
In order for Salaat to be valid you need Wudhu
In order for Wudhu to be valid, you need the intention..
It's best to perform the Wudhu in accordance with the Sunnah of Rasulullah (SAW)

noorseeker
10-03-2008, 08:09 PM
have your shower , no problem, but finish it off with wudu.

like when i do ghusl, i finish my ghusl, dry a bit of my body, then do wudu in the sink

Muslima Islam
10-06-2008, 03:16 AM
im confused.. is it okay to do wudu while your taking a shower.. because i always do that

noorseeker
10-06-2008, 04:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslima Islam
im confused.. is it okay to do wudu while your taking a shower.. because i always do that
do your wudu last though

alcurad
10-06-2008, 04:49 AM
ghusl is to run water over you body as well as to perform madmada & istinshaq.
you can pray and so on after performing it, but doing it every time you need to only perform wudhu is not allowed.
and Allah knows best...

AnonymousPoster
10-06-2008, 10:39 PM
what if u do the actual wudu steps (everything in the right order) in the shower? or do u have to be clothed when u do it like u normally do?

Makky
10-06-2008, 10:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
what if u do the actual wudu steps (everything in the right order) in the shower? or do u have to be clothed when u do it like u normally do?
Its ok to perform wudu steps without having your clothes on, But just avoid touching private parts because many scholars see that touching them invalidate your wudu.

this is a trusted answer , not a personal opinion

Z-Blade
10-07-2008, 02:46 AM
:salamext:,

From scholars:

"Ghusl is major purity, and it 'contains' the minor purity of wudu. As such, when you do ghusl, you are on wudu, too."

But make sure you do the minimum of ghusl while showering so that it's countered as major purity and Wudu.

"In response to your first question Sidi, it is enough to have a shower instead of a �full bath� or ablution (wudu) while fulfilling several conditions.

** If having a shower in place of a purificatory bath (ghusl), one must fulfill the three obligatory actions:

Taking water into (1) the nose and (2) the mouth once, (3) And washing the entire body once. (One must wash everything that is possible to wash without hardship, such as the ears, belly button, mustache, eyebrows, inside the beard, and the hair. Women should move their earrings so that water reaches the pierced area) [Ilm al-Hal 11, Faraz Rabbani�s translation].

** If having a shower in place of a wudu,

One must wash the face, arms up to the elbows, and feet up to the anklebones, completely with water, and must wipe a quarter of the head once [Nur al-Idah 1:97-99].

One should not, however, leave the confirmed sunna actions in both the ghusl and wudu. Leaving them is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan), and becomes sinful if made a habit.
"

^The bold part is the relevant bit.

Wassalam.

qassy!
10-07-2008, 11:07 PM
so all my namaz hasnt been valid when i have a shower before prayer?

Z-Blade
10-07-2008, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
so all my namaz hasnt been valid when i have a shower before prayer?

It is valid, read my post above yours, or here:

format_quote Originally Posted by Z-Blade

From scholars:

"Ghusl is major purity, and it 'contains' the minor purity of wudu. As such, when you do ghusl, you are on wudu, too."

But make sure you do the minimum of ghusl while showering so that it's countered as major purity and Wudu.

"In response to your first question Sidi, it is enough to have a shower instead of a �full bath� or ablution (wudu) while fulfilling several conditions.

** If having a shower in place of a purificatory bath (ghusl), one must fulfill the three obligatory actions:

Taking water into (1) the nose and (2) the mouth once, (3) And washing the entire body once. (One must wash everything that is possible to wash without hardship, such as the ears, belly button, mustache, eyebrows, inside the beard, and the hair. Women should move their earrings so that water reaches the pierced area) [Ilm al-Hal 11, Faraz Rabbani�s translation].

** If having a shower in place of a wudu,

One must wash the face, arms up to the elbows, and feet up to the anklebones, completely with water, and must wipe a quarter of the head once [Nur al-Idah 1:97-99].

One should not, however, leave the confirmed sunna actions in both the ghusl and wudu. Leaving them is somewhat disliked (makruh tanzihan), and becomes sinful if made a habit."

^The bold part is the relevant bit.

Wassalam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.