/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Heya

Playwright
10-03-2008, 12:20 AM
Hiya, I am new to this place, but first an introduction

I am a 21 year old student of journalism, in London.

I am a non practising Muslim.

I am also Gay.

One of the hidden minority.

I haven't joined this forum so i can see the error of my ways, i have spent too much time asking Allah to "fix" that for me, without much success (obviously, otherwise this post would have been much different)

I have come, to join in what i hope will be intelligent and enlightening discussions.

In return, i hope you greet me pleasantly and do not instantly deride me for being what i am.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-03-2008, 12:26 AM
Welcome to the Forum :)

I hope you have a very beneficial stay in here !

:w:

Mikayeel
10-03-2008, 12:37 AM
Welcome. I hope u achieve that what u want the most! May Allah make it easy for u.

Enjoy ur stay.

جوري
10-03-2008, 01:20 AM
:welcome: aboard..
I am curious as to why gays always have to define themselves by a sexual act?
this isn't a sex forum, it is an Islamic forum...
you'll forgive that I find the introduction absurd..

Hiya, I am skye, and I am a heterosexual

what is worst than committing a known sin save to flaunt it!

peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Playwright
10-03-2008, 01:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
:welcome: aboard..
I am curious as to why gays always have to define themselves by a sexual act?
this isn't a sex forum, it is an Islamic forum...
you'll forgive that I find the introduction absurd..

Hiya, I am skye, and I am a heterosexual
Honestly, if i had a penny for every time i heard that i would be a millionaire.

I do not go around with my orientation on my sleeve - far from it. To do so would mean i would be thrown out of the place i live, cut off from family, all the people i have come to know and love.

The reason i state it here is because i have come to find answers.

Also, i would like to know how many sleepless nights did you spend asking God to take you feelings away? How much time have you spent in prayer, asking him to release you of what is in your eyes a unlawful desire?

I am guessing none

I however have spent countless nights in prayer, and solitude with no answers.

That i am able to admit it is a step for me

A rather large one

And its You who are defining me by my orientation

Not i who is being defined.

جوري
10-03-2008, 01:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Playwright
Honestly, if i had a penny for every time i heard that i would be a millionaire.
I do not go around with my orientation on my sleeve - far from it. To do so would mean i would be thrown out of the place i live, cut off from family, all the people i have come to know and love.
these two statements disagree.. you've heard this often, yet you keep it from everyone.. I am confused.. which is it?

I hope you find what you seek

Also, i would like to know how many sleepless nights did you spend asking God to take you feelings away? How much time have you spent in prayer, asking him to release you of what is in your eyes a unlawful desire?
desires and feelings are not unlawful. acting on them however is!

I am guessing none
see previous reply, and again, being a hetrosexual, doesn't preclude one from desiring, someone's husband, or brother, or a man of a different religion all together. There is a difference between desire which can lead to sickness and the healthy form, and that if one chooses religion is defined for them therein!

priests who sodomize altar boys have desires and feelings, a frotteur has desires and feelings. The secret although I am not here to dictate to you how you should live, is to get a grip on lowely desires and substitute them with that which is better!

what is the answer you are looking for? You control your own destiny.. you are not an animal.. you are a dignified human Allah swt has bestowed upon you free will!

That i am able to admit it is a step for me

A rather large one
Ok

And its You who are defining me by my orientation

Not i who is being defined.
That is a nice logo.. to be honest. I'd have had no idea you were homo, save that you shared it with us, so how can it be me who has defined you by a sexual act?

cheers

doorster
10-03-2008, 03:53 AM

glo
10-03-2008, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Playwright

I am guessing none

Welcome to LI, Playwright.

I have read much about the experiences of gays who try to follow their religion, and about the hardships they endure from their fellow believers. Some of what I read was painful, and both humbling and thought-provoking indeed.

I think you make your point well.
We probably all know what our holy books say about homosexual practices ... but none of us (unless we are homosexuals ourselves) can fully understand your situation, your trials and your hardships!
So how can we pass judgment on you?
Isn't it for God to judge?

May God guide you and protect you from all harm.
Your path is a difficult one to tread.

I hope you continue to seek God, and never give up praying!
:)

Salaam

Sahabiyaat
10-03-2008, 09:06 AM
:welcome:

salammm

do not worry, now that you have joined this forum, your not on your own:), when you communitcate behind a computer people may come accross as rather blunt, but really their just trying to understand you and help you.

We are really glad you have joined :), and i hope you will come to be a lasting and valuable memebr :)

Hamayun
10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Welcome Brother :)

Hope you find peace and happiness and the answers you are looking for.

Salaam.

Playwright
10-03-2008, 01:28 PM
these two statements disagree.. you've heard this often, yet you keep it from everyone.. I am confused.. which is it?
Not in relation to me obviously(or not so to you apparently), or in real life. You seem quick to jump on to clichés, i.e definition of ones self by orientation is the one i am tired of. Hence the old saying "if i had a penny..."

being a hetrosexual, doesn't preclude one from desiring, someone's husband, or brother, or a man of a different religion all together
True, i give you that. But then again you do have an Islamic accepted way out of it. Desire another man? that's fine - get a divorce if he desire you too and marry. Desire someone from another religion? Islam also gives men and women the right to marry from the people of the book, i.e. Muslims (Submitters), Jews or Christians. As unpleasant as it might sound, it is allowed.

There is a difference between desire which can lead to sickness and the healthy form, and that if one chooses religion is defined for them therein!
Not absolutely clear to me. Prehaps you would like to clear that up in a private message?.

priests who sodomize altar boys have desires and feelings, a frotteur has desires and feelings.

I am quite shocked your comparing me to paedophiles. And i dont see what a frotteur has got to do with this

The secret although I am not here to dictate to you how you should live, is to get a grip on lowly desires and substitute them with that which is better!
Your above statement begs to differ.

You control your own destiny.. you are not an animal.. you are a dignified human Allah swt has bestowed upon you free will!
And yet everything is pre-ordained. Funny how that works.

That is a nice logo.. to be honest. I'd have had no idea you were homo, save that you shared it with us, so how can it be me who has defined you by a sexual act?
If preferring someone of your own sex is a "sexual act" then, quite frankly i am surprised. How exactly do you define a sexual act? again a pm will clear these matters up.

As for your use of the word "homo" , i find it insulting. Want a comparison? its akin to calling a pakistani a Paki.

But thank you all for your kind replies

Hamayun
10-03-2008, 01:54 PM
:sl:

Brother I hope Allah helps you and guides you. I know it must be frustrating and confusing to be on your situation. The only person who can truly help and guide you is Allah. Ask him for help and Insha'Allah he will make it easy for you.

I wish I could be of more help but don't know how.

Muhammad
10-03-2008, 02:18 PM
:sl: Playwright,

Welcome to the forum. I hope you will have a beneficial and enjoyable stay here on LI, Insha'Allaah :).

I think it would be best for me to close your introductory thread to avoid unnecessary debate here, and Insha'Allaah any discussions you wish to have can be held in the appropriate place on the forum.

Thread closed.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.