/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dunno what to title this...

Lonely Gal
10-03-2008, 11:26 AM
You know how you hear people saying they visited a certain person who told them about whats going to happen for example A family member went to someone asking them marriage advice between two people and he advised that this marriage would not happen and even if it did it wud be unsuccessful.. is this something we should believe in?
The couple did not get married in the end...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
10-03-2008, 11:28 AM
:salamext:

You know how you hear people saying they visited a certain person who told them about whats going to happen
No :-\

is this something we should believe in?
No :-\

Sounds like Shirk to me.

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 11:29 AM
Take advice from people in the family who are wise and respected, but at the end of the day...all you'll get is an opinion. Nobody can say that such and such a thing will happen or will not happen. That knowledge lies with Allah alone. So trust in Him, make istikharah and go for it.

Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 11:30 AM
Nope, I don't think this is something we should believe in.
The main quality your looking for when getting married is whether or not the person is pious. Regarding whether a marriage should happen or not, one must pray Istikharah salaat as this is asking for Allah's guidance on the matter.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely Gal
10-03-2008, 02:20 PM
slightly diverted topic. I prayed ishtikara and Im sure I had a dream that things dont work work.. what should I do now?
I pray that Allah swt guides me to what is right for me..

chacha_jalebi
10-03-2008, 02:38 PM
dont go to these people who think they can tell you what can happen in your married life, baba so and so so, worreva! its lies!

also sister, from istikhara its not always a dream, it can be somethin you see in life, like stuff might begin to happen which will guide you inshallah

Zahida
10-03-2008, 08:52 PM
Whatever Allah wills will happen, we should not put too much emphasis on such things................

noorseeker
10-03-2008, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lonely Gal
slightly diverted topic. I prayed ishtikara and Im sure I had a dream that things dont work work.. what should I do now?
I pray that Allah swt guides me to what is right for me..
Have you found someone

Zahida
10-04-2008, 08:50 PM
:sl:Can you advise me on the best way to do istikhaara? please. Many thanks.:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
dont go to these people who think they can tell you what can happen in your married life, baba so and so so, worreva! its lies!

also sister, from istikhara its not always a dream, it can be somethin you see in life, like stuff might begin to happen which will guide you inshallah

Zahida
10-05-2008, 08:24 PM
:sl: Thankyou for that InshAllah try to keep away from such ppl , however one more question how do you know? how can you tell when things happen in your life which direction to take? confused please enlighten me.:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.