/* */

PDA

View Full Version : whats your understanding of Destiny

AnonymousPoster
10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Sometimes I find it hard to understand what destiny is and how it actually works.

sometimes i think I understand what destiny is than again some views leave me confused.

some people say that we choose our destiny our actions determine our destiny. However there are some who say what ever meant to be will be no matter what you do will change that.

some say what ever written for you will take place.

I believe that If Allah wills something to happen whether good or bad it will happen because it is in our best interest.

However what confuses me is that there are so many injustice that happens to people which is not of their fault so how are they responsible for their actions.

eg some good people who get married and get abused by their partner how does their destiny work. where as some people who do wrong and have haram relationships end up happy in their relationship. As for choosing life partner how can you tell who is destined for you.

please share some of your thoughts thankyou

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
10-04-2008, 04:07 AM
:sl:

*Thread Approved*

noorseeker
10-04-2008, 04:29 AM
I think your gettin at is, why does bad things happen to good people.

Why do people who have have relationships find a partner, and those who keep them chaste , have to wait ages.

Allah swt tests people in different ways , you cant really choose your test, you just have to deal with it,

Allah swt in his infinite knowledge only knows what is best for us

I heard a talk from imam anmwar al awlaki, he said
The people who had it cushy in dunya , on the day of judgement they will see the reward Allah swt will give to those people who had it hard in the dunya, who were oppressed, who were killed, and suffered pain, such will be the reward

That these people would wish their flesh was cut with scissors in this life because they they see the rewards been given to people who were hurt in this life
can you imagine you flesh been cut up

Eric H
10-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Greetings and peace be with you AnonymousGender;

Pray as if everything depends on the will of God, work as if everything depends on your brain and your labour. Strive to be God’s tools here on Earth.

Destiny Douglas C Hess
Watch Your Thoughts, For They Become Words,
Choose Your Words, For They Become Actions,
Understand Your Actions, For They Become Habits.
Study Your Habits, For They Become Your Character,
Develop Your Character, For It Becomes Your Destiny.
The above becomes more profound when you change the first line to---

Watch your prayers for they become words, in your heart try and search for the will of God, try and make your prayers fall in line with God’s will.

Your prayers become words, actions, habits, it forms your character and your destiny.

If you are troubled by injustice pray for someone close by who has been unjustly treated. How can your prayers, words and actions help them.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people

Eric

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Thank you for your replies yet I agree with most of you but what confuses me is that when people say your actions choose your destiny or determine your destiny.

So for instance say if did a bad thing but you regreted it and repent it to Allah and never went back to it and you changed for the better. But ovbiously some people dont like to see people change or they dont like to believe that some one can change or find it hard to accept the change. But because of that actions in the past wouldnt your destiny be relied on it. Would your destiny be determine on the things that you have done in the past.

alcurad
10-04-2008, 08:32 AM
as much as you allow them to

AnonymousPoster
10-04-2008, 09:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
as much as you allow them to
What do you exactly mean sorry

what if you have left that past to past and never look back but obviously some people like to bring it to the future which can put you down. But deep down you know what happened in the past u are regretfull of and you have let it go but some people decide to judge on the basis of your past.

Zahida
10-04-2008, 03:48 PM
:sl: I feel your pain i am in that situation now so you are not alone. Sometimes i ask Allah why? What have i done been a good wife mother etc etc but i still can't find the answers. There is a book called patience and gratitude i will find out the author and let you know. In the meantime i would say to you to keep calm remember Allah, and know that He is with you always and will determine what is best for you. Ameen... With kind thoughts:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Sometimes I find it hard to understand what destiny is and how it actually works.

sometimes i think I understand what destiny is than again some views leave me confused.

some people say that we choose our destiny our actions determine our destiny. However there are some who say what ever meant to be will be no matter what you do will change that.

some say what ever written for you will take place.

I believe that If Allah wills something to happen whether good or bad it will happen because it is in our best interest.

However what confuses me is that there are so many injustice that happens to people which is not of their fault so how are they responsible for their actions.

eg some good people who get married and get abused by their partner how does their destiny work. where as some people who do wrong and have haram relationships end up happy in their relationship. As for choosing life partner how can you tell who is destined for you.

please share some of your thoughts thankyou

AnonymousPoster
10-04-2008, 08:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: I feel your pain i am in that situation now so you are not alone. Sometimes i ask Allah why? What have i done been a good wife mother etc etc but i still can't find the answers. There is a book called patience and gratitude i will find out the author and let you know. In the meantime i would say to you to keep calm remember Allah, and know that He is with you always and will determine what is best for you. Ameen... With kind thoughts:w:
Thank you for your kind words sister and please do give the authors name that be fully appreciated. I know I should be patient and i try believe me my faith in Allah is the only thing kept me going other ways i think i be broken into pieces.

But sometimes I jus think to my self am I to blame for the way my life has turned out is it for the past sins I have commited or is it cause of the way I behaved if i done something different would that have changed things. I keep questioning my self and actions and think how can i prevent from being in the position.

I just sometimes get confused when people say your actions become your destiny but if that is that case how come things like people being raped or forcefully married off. Were they destined for those things or do they just happen out of bad luck. Yet due to those things people have to live with the consequences.

Yet again I hear people say when we are born we are born in pairs. so how come people get divorce and get married twice so does the mean they eventually end up with the person they are destined for or do they jus not end up with them at all.

Sorry if some readers find this very negative but im just looking for some answers please discuss.

Thankyou

Zahida
10-05-2008, 05:20 PM
:sl: You are most welcome. I will try to get the name of the author, my friend who lent me that book is not picking up her ph!!!!!!!!!!

All i can say to you is that InshAllah things will get better, and as long as you know that you are not doing anything wrong, have done no injustice to anyone else, and also the sooner you learn to leave others to their own sins etc etc you will become a stronger person.

After 16 years of abuse and so on i finally landed on my feet, by ignoring this person and not chasing after him and asking why.........because some things are not worth it. Please don't let anyone break you. If you heard my story you would cry....... but look there are people across the world in far worse situations than you or me and they are still standing. What would happen if we all gave up?

Stay strong[PIE][/PIE]
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
Thank you for your kind words sister and please do give the authors name that be fully appreciated. I know I should be patient and i try believe me my faith in Allah is the only thing kept me going other ways i think i be broken into pieces.

But sometimes I jus think to my self am I to blame for the way my life has turned out is it for the past sins I have commited or is it cause of the way I behaved if i done something different would that have changed things. I keep questioning my self and actions and think how can i prevent from being in the position.

I just sometimes get confused when people say your actions become your destiny but if that is that case how come things like people being raped or forcefully married off. Were they destined for those things or do they just happen out of bad luck. Yet due to those things people have to live with the consequences.

Yet again I hear people say when we are born we are born in pairs. so how come people get divorce and get married twice so does the mean they eventually end up with the person they are destined for or do they jus not end up with them at all.

Sorry if some readers find this very negative but im just looking for some answers please discuss.

Thankyou

AnonymousPoster
10-05-2008, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=Zahida;1017991]:sl: You are most welcome. I will try to get the name of the author, my friend who lent me that book is not picking up her ph!!!!!!!!!!

All i can say to you is that InshAllah things will get better, and as long as you know that you are not doing anything wrong, have done no injustice to anyone else, and also the sooner you learn to leave others to their own sins etc etc you will become a stronger person.

Basically when you say as long as we dont do injustice to another person we shouldnt be punished....

I just wanted know that what rights do woman have for divorcing.

If a woman wants to get divorced due to been not happy in the marriage its not that person is abusive but for other reasons what right does she have in it like causing un justice to another being.

is there any one who can offer advice regarding those matters

Zahida
10-05-2008, 09:19 PM
All i can say to you is that it is very hard Shariah Law does not take divorce lightly, and it is disliked by Allah.......... I stayed in my relationship because i trained myself and believe and know that whatever sin my partner is committing he will be answerable for ALONE................... I am not saying that as long as we don't do injustice to others we shouldn't be punished because punishment comes in all shapes, forms and sizes..... You could say that i am punishing myself for staying, you could say i am being pious and accepting believing that Allah will do me justice. InshsAllah (Ameen). Sister who knows?

You alone can only decide what is best for you InshAllah you will be guided and make the right decision for you. You are close to my heart and my thoughts and prayers are with you.

barney
10-05-2008, 09:28 PM
Destiny isnt a valid concept in my opinion.
Destiny as described by those who purport it is simply the end result of a persons actions.
If i continue to hammer down a bottle of red each night, I'm destined to die of liver faliure. We hence make our own destinys based on our actions. All else is our environment acting upon us. The beat of a butterflys wing that causes a blade of grass to wave that attracts the sight of a dog that runs into the road that i choose to swerve to miss and crash into the tree. Who do I blame, the butterfly, the wind, the grass the dog , me, my car or the tree?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.