/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The historical Jesus didn't create a new religion!

andersbranderud
10-03-2008, 09:21 PM
This post we about the historical Jesus. Who was he? Did he or his followers create a new religion?
According to historical scholarship [sources: see at the bottom of this post] he practised what corresponds to today’s Orthodox Judaism all his life. His followers were called Netzarim – that is Hebrew [it means offshoot (of a olive tree)] and is a name in the Jewish Bible that is used for Messiah.

During the first century those who practised Judaism were very devoted their religion. Just like King David and all other Jews throughout history they practised Torah (Instruction) – the Instructions of the Creator – with joy! The most prominent university professors in this field Prof. Elisha Qimron , author of the most authoritative treatise on 4Q MMT, demonstrates that all three of the major sects of first century Judaism followed both written and oral Torah.

Louis Feldman (”The Omnipresence of the G*od-Fearers,” Biblical Archaeology Review, 1986.09-10, p. 45, 58ff) observes: “the Jews were apparently extraordinarily successful in winning converts”

Year 7 B.C.E Ribi Yehoshua were born in Bethlehem. His father name was Yoseif and his mothers name was Miriam. His parents were practising Jews.

According to world-recognized authorities in this area Ribi Yehoshua was a Pharisee (a Torah-practising Jewish group - who according to 4Q MMT practised both written and oral Torah). As the earliest church historians, most eminent modern university historians, our web site and our Khavruta (Distance Learning) texts confirm, the original teachings of Ribi Yehoshua were not only accepted by most of the Pharisaic Jewish community, he had hoards of Jewish students.

He took care of sick and made it popular to pray in what corresponds to today’s Orthodox synagogues. The genealogically non-priest, Hellenist “Wicked Priest” Temple-Sadducees felt that their power was threaten by Ribi Yehoshua. They decided to get him crucified by the Romans. The Romans convicted and crucified Ribi Yehoshua year 30 C.E.

Ribi Yehoshua’s followers Netzarim were expelled from Jerusalem 135 C.E: together with all other Jews. The first Christian bishop Markos replaced the fifteenth leader of Netzarim. This Christian bishop didn’t have permission to do this. What the Paul the apostate and later the founder of Christianity did was to take some concepts that Ribi Yehoshua had taught; they distorted the concepts and included them in the religion which they practiced – Hellenism – the religion of the Greeks. (Sources: See Ecclesiastical History (EH IV.v.1-4; EH V.xii.1) )

Anyone educated in this field knows that the only sect of Judaism that had rabbis was the Pharisee and even the Christian NT described him as a rabbi. Parkes, Bagatti, Wilson, Charlesworth; all world-recognized authorities in this area leave no doubt that Ribi Yehoshua was a Pharisee, of the school of Hileil - who was also Pharisee. There is no serious dispute about that among scholars in the field. Ribi Yehoshua taught in "synagogues"; which were a strictly Pharisee institution.

Following the teachings of the Judaic Mâshiakh (Messiah) Ribi Yehoshua – that is doing one’s utmost to practice the 613 commandments of Torah - also brings the inner joy, purpose and happiness of working intimately with him to bring about, and participate in, the Messianic era, enjoying a higher level of communion with ha-Sheim - the Creator - as party to Yirmeyâhu's (Jeremiah’s) New Covenant.

If you want to learn about the Historical Ribi Yehoshua, whom Orthodox Jews can live with (witness the Netzarim Jews in Raanana, Israel, members in good standing in an Orthodox synagogue), you must start with books like How Jesus Became Christian by Prof. Barrie Wilson (most bookstores) and Who Are The Netzarim? by Israeli Orthodox Jew, Paqid Yirmeyahu Ben-David.

Netzarim (led by Paqid Yirmeyahu ha-Tzadiq; found by using Google: "Netzarim, Restored 'Nazarene Jews' of Israel"; watch out for the Christian pretend-Netzarim)

Hello Dave!
Thanks for your reply!

Regarding Yeshayahu 53, see:
www.netzarim.co.il; click at “History Museum” in the left menu; click at “Mashiakh” in the top menu; click at “Mâshiakh of Tana"kh Subverts Tana"kh
to be the Mâshiakh?” to the right of the burning scroll”

Regarding what we think about NT; see the link in my last post.

From Anders Branderud
Geir Toshav, Netzarim in Ra’anana in Israel who are followers of Ribi Yehoshua – the Messiah – in Orthodox Judaism

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umar001
10-17-2008, 05:18 PM
I think this is just an advert and not a true discussion into the Historical Jesus, if you'd like to show that it would be a true discussion reply to this post here and I will leave the thread open, if not then I will delete this.

SixTen
10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al Habeshi
I think this is just an advert and not a true discussion into the Historical Jesus, if you'd like to show that it would be a true discussion reply to this post here and I will leave the thread open, if not then I will delete this.
I woudn't delete it, its quite interesting to see the jewish perspective on Jesus (as), you rarely do get it.

andersbranderud
10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Al Habeshi,

Hello!
No one has answer with any quote etc. from Scholars at leading universites about the historical Jesus.
There is nothing to reply to.

From Anders Branderud

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Shalom, andersbranderud.

There is no uncontroversial record by any historian of Jesus (AHS) from that period. This is because he was just a man, a prophet sent by God, and many, if not most of his miracles are myths made up by the Romans. As far as historians of that period were concerned, he was just a trouble maker within the Jews.

I agree with you. He did not attempt to create a new religion, like Muhammed (SAW) and every other prophet. Every prophet just did the same thing - reveal the original and uncorrupted message of Allah (SWT).

Umar001
10-25-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by SixTen
I woudn't delete it, its quite interesting to see the jewish perspective on Jesus (as), you rarely do get it.
I wonder if this is a Jewish Perspective on Jesus or if it is a Jew's Perspective on Jesus.

format_quote Originally Posted by andersbranderud
Al Habeshi,

Hello!
No one has answer with any quote etc. from Scholars at leading universites about the historical Jesus.
There is nothing to reply to.

From Anders Branderud
I was saying reply to my post so that I know you are active. I have some questions, did Jesus refer to himself as Ribi?

Also,
Anyone educated in this field knows that the only sect of Judaism that had rabbis was the Pharisee and even the Christian NT described him as a rabbi.
I believe this is in reference to Paul, just curios about where the NT says he was a rabbi.

Also, what are the sources to get back to the historical Jesus, please?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.