/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Looks or Intelligence

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:25 PM
:salamext:

And no, I'm not talking literally (at thread title)...

I mean on LI...do you judge people by the content of their posts or by the look of their profile (Avatar, username, signature etc)

Do you make a judgement after reading their posts or do you take one look at the font, the colour and the number of emoticons and make a mental judgment?

So yeah, in the interest of science, please do tell me :D

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
FatimaAsSideqah
10-03-2008, 09:30 PM
Be honest with you, I am never judged to people, their looks and their ways to do.

But it depends on members' posts when they are made a mistakes or take a wrong way and then I will do gently judge on them.

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:35 PM
JazakAllah khayr, there's a reason for this btw.

And sisters, do you look at how pretty a post is b4 reading? :-[ like say you had to choose one of two posts...

Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 09:36 PM
I've never thought of judging someone on here with regards to their avatar font or what not..I try not to judge a person on what they write either..but I may form opinion of what I read from the content of their post..
But at the end of the day I know nobody personally from this forum so I reserve judgement as people may or may not be putting on a facade on this forum and may be completely different in real life for all I know..
I know that there are living people behind all the words and such, but it's hard to form a judgement based on writing alone I guess..
Plus I tend to forget who wrote what and who's who, as some people seem to have the same avatar :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
me neither i dont judge realy how they REALY are ...
but i have a good imagination
and i look at how they approach people , in wich manner i mean

like this smiley > :)
and this smiley > :-\

Now judge wich one is more friendly..

but you cant realy judge how people realy are , you cant look in to their hearts :)

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:39 PM
But...

What if I wrote my posts all like this

and some all boring like this

Would you be more inclined to like and read the former?

Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 09:42 PM
The former would hurt my eyes..the latter seems more easy to read..
Where are you headed towards sis?

Güven
10-03-2008, 09:44 PM
welll ( MY opinion ) yes the post becomes more "Attractive" but i dont mean it has to be all pink and all that wich is unreadable for some lol
if you see a whole text and it looks sooo boring and all together
i think the post wich is more attractive is the one who looks decent and clear and will have more viewers

:w:

Lamees
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
I believe that the way the person thinks is shown up from what he writes..so I-sometimes-judge people after reading their posts..

But..

Don't judge me depending on my posts :-[cuz I feel that I can express myself and my opinions in arabic in a way better than english..:-[:-[:D

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Its about the poetry contest, say if I posted the poems with fancy fonts and all jazzed up with images etc...

People may judge based on what they see, they might not mean to but its unconsious...we see things first...well specially when it comes to posts. So I was thinking to keep all poems the same rather than jazzing them up as is my style.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Its would bit more difficult to read and might hurt our eyes! Lol.

Normal and simply fonts will be good and easy to read. Like a Arial or Arial Black etc. Not like a bright colours! :rollseyes

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:47 PM
lol I was just thinking personally tbh, I'd be more inclined towards a pretty post....even though I tried not to or tried to alter my judgement :-[ but thats just me I guess :-[

Musaafirah
10-03-2008, 09:49 PM
Aaah! I gets ya now..but if you're to be judge, it'd be best to keep 'em all uniform so you don''t subconsciously judge innit sis?

Re.TiReD
10-03-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
I think the only kind of judgement that a person can make against a member who posts using special fonts/colours/avatar etc as opposed to one who doesn't, is that the former is perhaps showing a little vanity.

A big fat no. I hate it when people use multi-coloured text like that. It makes it harder to read.

Why can't people just use normal fonts? It's so irritating.
Vanity :| that isnt the intention at all :| just want more people to read.

But I guess I dont mean judge the member, but judge the post to be worth reading

FatimaAsSideqah
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
Aw huni. I don't mean refer to you. I mean some others take it too far by made the posts are too fancy!

All of your previous posts are fine and no problem! Also its your natural way. :)

chacha_jalebi
10-03-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™

I love it when people use multi-coloured text like that. It really excites me and makes me want to paint pictures or play with my toys.
:statisfie:-[:mmokay:

i think the normal font is sufficient, its too much of a effort makin it all fancy and that, and like some members say it does make it harder to read

IbnAbdulHakim
10-03-2008, 09:56 PM
you and your weird threads *raises eyebrow*

looks obviously

like the contents of their posts defines anything ;D

Güven
10-03-2008, 09:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

i think the normal font is sufficient, its too much of a effort makin it all fancy and that, and like some members say it does make it harder to read
LOL ^when did he say that?? :p

and yes this font is kwl

but the text has to be decent not like all text in one sentence lol

noorseeker
10-03-2008, 10:16 PM
i more like how do all these people put these fancy avatars on , how do people get all pics on, how do you do a sig, how do you put a link on,

is there a user guide on L.i

WHY is this forum called L.I .

truemuslim
10-04-2008, 01:26 AM
^ LI means Load Islam, which is sum site nobody know about or where it is.......
its ok i never knew what LI stood for till bout 10 monthes after i been here..cough...

@ fishy

Lol sis why u care? tryna fix up ur posts/appearance? hehe well u be a fish either way

_____
k nice version...
Lol sis, well ME (personally) i know every member more than they think i kno...(theyr name, age, location, etc) Yeh its a gangsta thang...and for judging them, well i see ther avvys first, if its sum LI avvy, it means theyr noobies or just dead, like nightstar up ther...if its gangsta it means they gangsta :p if its weathery it means they...science peoples, if it islamic it mean they normal, if it say text (of anything) it means they read books, if it is blank or a trick avvy, like alpha's, it means they have too much time on ther hands, and if its an avvy i ever had in the past, it means i've steped another level in gangsta (too bad i forget my previous avvys :( );...and same with siggys (almost)... and if they have any colored text in ther posts, i ignore that post, because its too annoyingly bright and colorful and sick, like sum post in this thread...:X ahem.. if its normal and gangsta like this , i read it, if it has one or more WHOLE paragraphs, i leave the whole thread,

if the post has big spaces

and talks like this

i read it
..coz its kwl..

yehhh...

if tis alghetto nd sucky loke riten uv wannbee gangstaaaa lyk tis den ah dun't buver tu reed ti....:D

if tis all propa like dis den i showya how i rolllllllll nd rep ya wit a blank ________ rep... (aka if u get a blank rep from me it means u've wrote yo post properly!)

and if u talk with big vocab.......like skye, habeshi, woodrow, crayon, chaca(at tymz), muezzin, aamirsaab and sum other members of the grammar crew, i feel like i got a big burden off my back and i dont have to read it anymore :/ (xcuse i guess??)

hmmmmmm.......

and if it is posted by someone with a replica of ME, i.e, true_believer, true_muslimmah, etc...i feel wierd inside.........and dont read it.......coz i feel like im reading my own post,....but a million years ago wen ghetto hadnt been invented...

*sigh*

u asked for MY opinion :p u GOt it :D

BlissfullyJaded
10-04-2008, 01:43 AM
:sl:

If it's a long article, it's reallly nice when the poster goes out of their way and makes it a bit prettier and colorful. Just makes it easier to read. I don't mind color in shorter posts either tho, it's cool. Unless it's bright pink or neon green. :blind:

I don't judge the posts based on the avatars or signatures tho. lol.

truemuslim
10-04-2008, 01:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
bright pink or neon green
:enough!: watd u do to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!

i tried my best not to looks, soo tempting tho......now i see lights :blind:

SixTen
10-04-2008, 02:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alpha dude™
i think the only kind of judgement that a person can make against a member who posts using special fonts/colours/avatar etc as opposed to one who doesn't, is that the former is perhaps showing a little vanity.

A big fat no. I hate it when people use multi-coloured text like that. It makes it harder to read.

Why can't people just use normal fonts? It's so irritating.

+9999

dilkadr
10-04-2008, 02:57 AM

It is too much to find in one person, whether man or woman...

:D

BlissfullyJaded
10-04-2008, 03:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
:enough!: watd u do to my eyes!!!!!!!!!!

i tried my best not to looks, soo tempting tho......now i see lights :blind:
Whoops! I'm soo sorry. :exhausted <3

------
10-04-2008, 02:51 PM

My suggestion: All the poems should be in a simple format, so people can vote equally, based on the poems and not on how they look.

AmarFaisal
10-04-2008, 03:02 PM
I think the title really works the way towards the post. Other than that...nothing else.

Zahida
10-04-2008, 03:08 PM
This so so true like they say you can't judge a book by its cover......... the same you can't see inside a person.:statisfie
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
me neither i dont judge realy how they REALY are ...
but i have a good imagination
and i look at how they approach people , in wich manner i mean

like this smiley > :)
and this smiley > :-\

Now judge wich one is more friendly..

but you cant realy judge how people realy are , you cant look in to their hearts :)

Zahida
10-04-2008, 03:11 PM
:sl: or read poems???????????
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

My suggestion: All the poems should be in a simple format, so people can vote equally, based on the poems and not on how they look.
^^ :thumbs_up

:wasalamex

Lol you're all fish.

I'm not talking about my own posts. I post however I like and I dont care what people think, if you dont read em its your loss :p what I meant is for when I post the poems for the contest, I was guna jazz the posts up....but if people will make an initial judgement based on the look of the poem/post...then I wont. Khallas :)

WassalamuAlaykum

The Ruler
10-04-2008, 03:46 PM
I'd be lying if I said I don't judge people reading the contents of their posts or by their avatars, though more often it is by the contents of their posts and it's 'colourfullness'.

I despise slang and too much color as much as I love formality and sarcasm. If the posts present too much emotion, I label the person a loser. I can't help what my mind thinks.

Yah.

Musaafirah
10-04-2008, 09:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dilkadr

It is too much to find in one person, whether man or woman...

:D

AHAHA I'm not sure if you're being serious :D
Or Sarcastic :mmokay:
Regardless..Did you read the original post? :offended:

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Lol Samak :p

But its all blarf, I got my answer danke berry muchly :D

Ansariyah
10-04-2008, 09:58 PM
I am very intuitive, Alhamdulilah. I kinda learn pretty fast what people are all about. So it dont really matta what fonts/style, or what avatar u got, I wont judge anybody but whatever u are will come to shine through ur posts, sooner or later.: )

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 09:59 PM
Alhamdulillah.

But I heard people usually make a visual judgment within 5 seconds of seeing something/somebody...

So yeah...

------
10-05-2008, 10:28 AM

So poems things decided, thread closed?

Ansariyah
10-05-2008, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -

So poems things decided, thread closed?
wat ru talking about? lol..:p: u sure ur not posting in the wrong thread?

threads not closed cause...maybe others will come to give their input?

Yeaaysh.

Ashjan95
10-05-2008, 02:29 PM
I dont judge on how it looks or who it is by i only look at witch 1 is the most intersting thread but then again i go back to other 1 i wanted to see so basically i dont judge ethier way lol

FatimaAsSideqah
10-05-2008, 02:42 PM
^ interesting. :)

Sahabiyaat
10-05-2008, 04:33 PM
Do i judge people by their posts...honestly...yup.

you dont need to spend forever decorating your post to make it likeable to anyone, its the contents, even if its 2 words, that says it all, for example akhee Muhammed has never used an emoticon in his life except for maybe this one (:)),but the post is still engaging and sticks out...although that may be due to the username in thick red font:?

i like honest, intelligent, engaging posts,(i dont bother reading posts where two ppl are bickering), and i also like posts with humour, very few that make me laugh and get repped, namely muezzins, delacour and few others.

Zahida
10-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Please don't stop........ just because of one person. I enjoy and would like to continue to see ypour poems Thankyou
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя
^^ :thumbs_up

Lol you're all fish.

I'm not talking about my own posts. I post however I like and I dont care what people think, if you dont read em its your loss :p what I meant is for when I post the poems for the contest, I was guna jazz the posts up....but if people will make an initial judgement based on the look of the poem/post...then I wont. Khallas :)

WassalamuAlaykum

Danah
10-05-2008, 04:57 PM
I do judge people by their posts, colors, font, and similes they used, the way they write and what they write.......okay, I have to confess
also, I judge them by the avatar pic, and the signature........I have to confess that too

like for example if they tend to write continuously or having many breaks in the same paragraph
the frequent use of a specific kind of smiles
the colors they tend to use
the effort they put on the thread to decorate it and hide the actual value of the thread subject it self
*as if I post great threads subjects :blind:*

okay.......does this even make sense :?

but sometimes you find someone use a specific pic just cause he/she like it.....found the pic randomly and post it.....so its not always work
but most of the time it works

Re.TiReD
10-05-2008, 09:22 PM
Lol...I'm not so sure anymore :p u guys are kinda mind-boggling. You're too intellectual for my fishy mind to deal with, so I'll leave ya'all to it :p

WassalamuAlaykum

.: Jannati :.
10-05-2008, 09:26 PM

I guess when you first read a thread by a user, you notice the actual user name and the Avater he/she has used, then the actual content of the post/thread helps you form some kind of judgment about them? it depends on how personal/impersonal the post/thread content is for a precise judgment to be even made though :exhausted lol if that makes any sense.

Re.TiReD
10-05-2008, 09:30 PM

it does, dont worry abt it :D ^^

barney
10-05-2008, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

And no, I'm not talking literally (at thread title)...

I mean on LI...do you judge people by the content of their posts or by the look of their profile (Avatar, username, signature etc)

Do you make a judgement after reading their posts or do you take one look at the font, the colour and the number of emoticons and make a mental judgment?

So yeah, in the interest of science, please do tell me :D

WassalamuAlaykum
I read peoples sigs because i think that can tell you a lot about the person.
Content and tone of posts is pretty much the only way you can judge someone on a forum.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.