/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Iblees / Shaitan

Playwright
10-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Ok this might seem like a bit of an odd topic, but i dont think this fits anywhere else

We have on discussion today, Surah Al-Isra The Children of Israel

For ease of discussion i have given three translations of the particular verse in discussion, from each of the major Translations (17:61)

YUSUFALI: Behold! We said to the angels: "Bow down unto Adam": They bowed down except Iblis: He said, "Shall I bow down to one whom Thou didst create from clay?"

PICKTHAL: And when We said unto the angels: Fall down prostrate before Adam and they fell prostrate all save Iblis, he said: Shall I fall prostrate before that which Thou hast created of clay?

SHAKIR: And when We said to the angels: Make obeisance to Adam; they made obeisance, but Iblis (did it not). He said: Shall I make obeisance to him whom Thou hast created of dust?

Now, my question is simple - Why would Iblees bow if he was not an angel?

I know it sounds like im defending him, but i would like to clear this up.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Playwright
10-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Sorry for the inconveniance - this has already been answered elsewhere. Please Disregard this post

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.