/* */

PDA

View Full Version : McCain group sending anti-Islan DVDs to homes

islamirama
10-04-2008, 09:34 PM
McCain group sending anti-Islan DVDs to homes

This week, 28 million copies of a right-wing, terror propaganda DVD are being mailed and bundled in newspaper deliveries to voters in swing states. The 60-minute DVDs, titled "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West," are landing on doorsteps in a campaign coinciding with the 7th anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks. Funding is coming from a New York-based group called the Clarion Fund, a shadowy outfit whose financial backers are unclear.

The program was originally shown on Fox News in the days leading up to the 2006 mid-term elections, and right-wing activist David Horowitz toured the country screening the film on college campuses during 2007. Mainstream religious groups have called Obsession biased and divisive. It cuts between scenes of Nazi rallies and footage of Muslim children being encouraged to become suicide bombers.
Talking heads in the film include infamous anti-Muslim, self-proclaimed "islamophobes" like Daniel Pipes and Walid Shoebat. In 2001, Pipes claimed the "presence" and "enfranchisement" of Muslims in the U.S. presented "true dangers to Amer ican Jews." Shoebat is an evangelical Christian who falsely claims to be a former Muslim terrorist. Last year, Shoebat told the Missouri Springfield News-Leader, "Islam is not the religion of God - Islam is the devil."

As detailed in an OffTheBus report on HuffPo two days ago, the DVDs were distributed last weekend in national editions of the New York Times and Wall Street Journal within selected swing states. These included Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Colorado, Iowa, Florida, Wisconsin, Nevada, New Hampshire and Virginia.

Sally Lopez of Lemoyne, PA displays a copy of the DVD that came in the mail.

Here in North Carolina , another battleground state that John McCain must win to reach 270 electoral votes, 160,000 copies of the DVD are to be distributed tomorrow by the state's leading newspaper.

The Raleigh News & Observer reported yesterday on its Under The Dome politics blog that the paper is preparing to bundle copies of the DVD with this Saturday's newspapers. Jim McClure, vice president of display advertising for the N&O, said the "ultimate decision" to distribute the DVDs had been made by publisher Orage Quarles, and compared the propaganda to harmless household samples.

"'Obviously, we have distributed other product samples, whether it's cereal or toothpaste,' he said. He declined to say how much the agency paid."
The News & Observer recently announced deep buyouts and layoffs for its employees. It is owned by the struggling McClatchy news chain, which is slashing newsroom jobs and pages at the papers it owns around the country. Advertising revenues have plummeted during the ongoing economic downturn, and it appears the N&O is now auctioning off its journalistic integrity to the highest bidder.
The paper's announcement touched off immediate criticism from angry subscribers:
"A box of cereal? Toothpaste? Does a box of cereal or a tube of toothpaste encourage me to look with hatred and suspicion on my law abiding neighbors who have a different religion than mine? Does cereal and toothpaste lead to pogroms, religious harassment, fear and intimidation? The trailer for this video is about hate, pure and simple, and shows the video has only one goal -- to instill fear and hatred of neighbor against neighbor.

If I receive this DVD in my paper, that day, after 22 years of receiving the N&O, will be the last day of my subscription.
Please, please reconsider this decision!"

Although supposedly a 501 c(3) non-profit, this week the Clarion Fund's website featured an article supporting John McCain. Yesterday, the Patriot-News in PA reported on the DVDs showing up in Pennsylvania , and noted:
"On Wednesday, though, there was an article on the group's new Web site, www.radic------------, that backed Republican presidential candidate John McCain. The article discusses both candidates and concludes: "McCain's policies seek to confront radical Islamic extremism and terrorism and roll it back while [Barack] Obama's, although intending to do the same, could in fact make the situation facing the West even worse."
According to Clarion Fund director of communications Gregory Ross, the article "crossed the line" and would be removed.

Where else exactly are these DVDs landing, and who's funding the Clarion Fund?
If you'd like to let News & Observer executives know how you feel about their participation in this shameless propaganda campaign, executive editor John Drescher can be reached at (919) 829-4515, or drescher@newsobserver.com. Or ask for publisher Orage Quarles at the paper's main phone number, (919) 829-4500.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Intisar
10-10-2008, 01:37 AM
:sl: Wow McCain is a desperate man eh...he's clinching his hands on the last straw in hope of becoming the next president of the United States.

kwolney01
10-10-2008, 01:54 AM
Wow!! I can't believe it is coming to this! This should make any Muslim who was thinking about voting for McCain change their mind!

Things like this really hurt, when people say Islam is satans work and all this. It really hurts to know that there are people out there that will believe these people! I pray that Allah will help them realize the truth and stop all this.

VOTE OBAMA!!!

aminahjaan
10-10-2008, 02:10 AM
wow what an old fart. He can go kiss my hijab.

Inshallah Obama wins!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
10-10-2008, 02:25 AM
I wonder what McCain would do if he is the President..:scared:

Keltoi
10-10-2008, 02:33 AM
McCain cannot control what independent groups choose to do. Either for him or against him. Neither can Obama.

جوري
10-10-2008, 02:50 AM
lol.. that woman on top is a paradigm for your typical bible belt amero-trash, probably watching from her trailer park as we speak, with fifty rednecker kids out of wedlock and undoubtedly lives off well fare possibly from the tax money of hard working Muslims while imbuing all her knowledge from her TV set...

let them elect mcCrap who is really no better than the other creep.. they do need more bush like morons to continue the legacy of having not only third world country despots but economy as well.. they deserve it..

love how the market crashed on the last ten days of Ramadan.. seems her ilk just wants more collapse under idiotic leadership.. let him go on feeding them more hatred and more fear until they barricade themselves of horror and waste all their resources waging illegal wars...

they will get what they deserve in the end insha'Allah

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-10-2008, 02:55 AM
:sl:

No talk about McCain's extreme supporters seem to have cropped on the media. Here's a particular endorser of McCain, Mr. Parsley, who wants to "Destroy Islam".

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=10b_1210280549

Would any sane person want people like this (and people that support this like McCain) running a country?

جوري
10-10-2008, 03:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
Wow!! I can't believe it is coming to this! This should make any Muslim who was thinking about voting for McCain change their mind!

Things like this really hurt, when people say Islam is satans work and all this. It really hurts to know that there are people out there that will believe these people! I pray that Allah will help them realize the truth and stop all this.

VOTE OBAMA!!!
don't be aggrieved beloved sister, this is the schism of the end that will lead to the mal7ama (final battle).. there will be no more on the fence..
there will be a huge war which Allah swt promised us (Muslims) victorious.. so hang steadfast to your deen!

evil and wickedness is only loud, but that is as far as its pegs go..

فَلَا تَهِنُوا وَتَدْعُوا إِلَى السَّلْمِ وَأَنتُمُ الْأَعْلَوْنَ وَاللَّهُ مَعَكُمْ وَلَن يَتِرَكُمْ أَعْمَالَكُمْ {35}
[Yusufali 47:35] Be not weary and faint-hearted, crying for peace, when ye should be uppermost: for Allah is with you, and will never put you in loss for your (good) deeds.

وَلاَ تَهِنُوا وَلاَ تَحْزَنُوا وَأَنتُمُ الأَعْلَوْنَ إِن كُنتُم مُّؤْمِنِينَ {139

[3:139 ]Be not, then, faint of heart, and grieve not:* for you are bound to rise high if you are [truly] believers.

and Allah knows best

:w:

Trumble
10-10-2008, 03:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
lol.. that woman on top is a paradigm for your typical bible belt amero-trash, probably watching from her trailer park as we speak, with fifty rednecker kids out of wedlock and undoubtedly lives off well fare possibly from the tax money of hard working Muslims while imbuing all her knowledge from her TV set...
You can tell all that from one photo of a lady sitting in her lounge? Amazing. Or should I say "lol.."

Actually, as somebody took the trouble to photograph her holding the disk I think it rather more likely that if she is a 'paradigm' of anything, it is of the tolerant, concerned citizen who is objecting to this sort of garbage being attached to their newspaper. Still, why let reasoned thought get in the way of a good mindless rant, eh?

BlissfullyJaded
10-10-2008, 03:10 AM

I prefer that what is in a man's heart to come to the surface. I'm not saying that McCain does support it, because like Keltoi said, neither him nor Obama can control what independant supporters say or do. All I'm saying is if McCain, Obama, Nader, and the rest were to hate Islam, and McCain is the only one to actually 'fess up while the others hide it, then 'eck I like McCain for that. I don't appreciate being lied to, even if the lie is what I wanna hear.

If it were being sent to people like the evangelists who don't particularly love Islam already, I don't see why it matters.

I actually like McCain and Obama equally tho... Andd whatever is destined to happen will happen.

جوري
10-10-2008, 03:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
You can tell all that from one photo of a lady sitting in her lounge? Amazing. Or should I say "lol.."
oh, I think the photo is very telling, but I'll second your 'lol' as it is all so very amusing!...

Actually, as somebody took the trouble to photograph her holding the disk I think it rather more likely that if she is a 'paradigm' of anything, it is of the tolerant, concerned citizen who is objecting to this sort of garbage being attached to their newspaper. Still, why let reasoned thought get in the way of a good mindless rant, eh?
why not holding it with pride and in full support of the churl she is about to vote for?

cheers

Woodrow
10-10-2008, 03:33 AM
It is even reaching here in the rural mid-west. I got a phone call from an acquaintance in Faith, South Dakota telling me everybody in Faith got it in todays mail. I now been invited by a group of Mormons in Faith to come address them and discuss ways such anti-religious campaigning can be fought against. McCain did not win any fans in Faith over this, just the opposite the people there see it as an attack on religious freedom.

I also got an invite to discuss it with the mayor of Faith on Monday. While I am there I am going to try to speak with the Tribal Council for the Lakota Sioux at the Cheyenne River Reservation.

I will let you all know how it comes out on Wed or Thurs.

islamirama
10-10-2008, 03:37 AM
U.S. Newspaper Distribution of Bigoted Film Causes Nationwide Concern

http://www.mpac.org/article.php?id=701

September 18, 2008
http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...Inbox&inline=1
This week, the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) expressed serious concerns over the actions of 70 U.S. newspapers and magazines who distributed DVD copies of a controversial film called "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West" as a paid advertisement.

SEE: "'Obsession' DVD Raises Concerns Over Propaganda" (9/16/08 - CBS4)

An estimated 28 million copies of the DVD, which was distributed in key electoral swing states, was paid for by The Clarion Fund. A non profit organization, The Clarion Fund does not list its directors, or staff, or sources of funding on its website. Last week the film's website featured and endorsement for Senator John McCain (R-AZ), leading many to believe the DVD is an attempt to inspire anti-Muslim fear mongering as a means to sway the Amer ican electorate.

"The documentary does not differentiate between radical Islam and mainstream Islam," says Salam Al-Marayati, MPAC Executive Director. "The Clarion Fund is inciting hate and bigotry against Muslim Amer icans for political gain - this is underhanded, divisive and un- Amer ican."

http://us.mg1.mail.yahoo.com/ya/down...Inbox&inline=1

Following the release of Obsession in 2006, MPAC launched a campaign to counter the bigotry inspired by the film. Since its debut, the "Truth Over Fear: Countering Islamophobia" campaign has provided more than 50 educational workshops across the country featuring a critique and analysis of the film as a propaganda tool, an educational video about Islamophobia, and has trained community members to educate others about the destructive value of bigotry and prejudice.

SEE: Exposing Obsession -- MPAC's report on the roots and players behind the film
SEE: "Truth Over Fear" Educational Video -- MPAC's short video on the phenomenon of Islamophobia

Still more must be done. There are three ways that you can help:

1.Join the 'Truth Over Fear' team. Get involved, connect with MPAC and individuals across the nation by standing up to hatred and intolerance in your local community. Get the tools that you need to educate your community and stop bigotry in its tracks. Contact MPAC at truthoverfear@mpac.org to schedule a workshop in your area.

2.Contact your local newspaper or magazine. If you have received an Obsession DVD with your newspaper or magazine, write a letter to the publisher expressing your concern over their decision to distribute hate-filled propaganda. Visit your newspaper's website and click on 'Contact Us' to find out whom to address your letter to. Please cc: truthoverfear@mpac.org.

3.Contribute to the "Truth Over Fear: Countering Islamophobia" campaign. We need your financial support now more than ever to expand our campaign to end these bigoted attacks against Amer ican values. Donate today and help us put an end to intolerance, once and for all.
Founded in 1988, the Muslim Public Affairs Council is an Amer ican institution which informs and shapes public opinion and policy by serving as a trusted resource to decision makers in government, media and policy institutions. MPAC is also committed to developing leaders with the purpose of enhancing the political and civic participation of Muslim Amer icans. MPAC offices are located in Washington , DC , New York City and Los Angeles , CA .

--------------------------------

Please tell CAIR if you receive "Obsession" DVD
Dear brothers and sisters,
Assalaamo Alaikum,

You all must be aware of the distribution of a disgusting piece of political hate propaganda in a form of DVD movie called “Obsession”.

CAIR’s response so far includes:
-An investigation into the organization, people and money behind the distribution of 28 million copies of this DVD in states that are mostly considered to be swing states in the upcoming election.
-CAIR has joined with other organizations under the “Hate Hurts America” coalition which has put up a new web site about the movie that you can visit here.

-CAIR is encouraging community members to organize and write letters to the editor of the newspaper that distributed the DVD. As always, be polite and calm, any angry or rude letters will only serve to further confirm in readers minds the stereotypes that Muslims are violent and uncivilized. Your letters can contain comments about the fact that free speech is one thing but this movie constitutes hate speech and we are free to speak out in condemnation of hate speech, that this movie is most likely designed to influence voters in key swing states to vote for John McCain in the upcoming presidential election and that the organization that sent you the DVD, the

Clarion Fund, is known to support John McCain. The Clarion Fund is a shadowy, foreign based organization registered in the US as a not for profit organization which means they aren’t allowed to engage in support for any one candidate in an election.

-CAIR has filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission regarding interference in the upcoming election by Clarion Fund, a not for profit organization with origins in a foreign country.

-A complaint has been filed with the IRS regarding the seeming violation by Clarion Fund of their not for profit status.

-CAIR continues to investigate the sources of funding and the people behind the Clarion Fund. At this point it seems that most of the people involved in the Clarion Fund are Israeli citizens or have strong ties to Israel.

-Visit the CAIR web site at www.cair.com or the Hate Hurts America web site at http://www.hatehurtsamerica.org for more information.

We would like to use this as an opportunity to build community coalitions that will work against all kinds of hatred, prejudice and bigotry. Whether it is based on religion, race or ethnicity, bigotry hurts us all.

Please let CAIR-SA know if you have received the DVD and if you have any further ideas for CAIR to respond to this hate mongering of a handful of people who have made their profession to attack Muslims and Islam any which way they can.

Sarwat Husain
President
CAIR-SA
210-378-9528

islamirama
10-10-2008, 03:38 AM
Rebuttal of the film, "Obsession: Radical Islam's
War Against the West"

Propaganda is a tool of influence, a mechanism of subliminal coercion where the emotions and fears of a people or nation are manipulated for personal political gain. The movie Obsession: Radical Islam's War against the West is a classic example of such propaganda that presents a Western audience with a vision of an unreal Manichean world in which horror is being visited upon us and every second that passes is one that is lost to the forces of a fictional "Islamo-fascism": an ideology which seeks nothing more then to annihilate our very existence.

In Obsession, the filmmakers for all effects and purposes essentially melt and mold the Nazi swastika into the Islamic symbol of the star and crescent creating an image in the mind of the viewer that Islam and Nazism are one and the same. This deception is a clever ploy to enhance the feeling of paranoia and terror amongst the masses justifying the very mentality that lead us into the "pre- emptive war" and occupation of Iraq.

The movie is incoherent, contradictory, and inconsistent when analyzing the origins, history, motivations, and players in the so- called international global plot of radical Islam. In fact it gets the whole reality of this conflict wrong as it never focuses on the real problem: terrorism.

Instead it links groups who have no affiliation with one another, have opposing agendas, and are in some cases sworn enemies.

It cannot even come to an agreement as to the term to use in identifying this enemy: "Radical Global Islam," "Islamo- fascism," "Muslim Jihad terror" are all used interchangeably.

It unifies isolated regional issues with events in other parts of the world, and cherry picks sound bites and sensational images that are strategically deprived of their fuller context in an attempt to corroborate a preset ominous conclusion.

The filmmakers present themselves as making this movie out of an altruistic and righteous commitment to safe guard Western civilization from the horde of Muslim-Nazi barbarians, but their colorful cast of discredited characters passing as "experts" as well as its intellectually lazy and often downright disingenuous arguments - not to mention outrageous generalizations - give away its true and unambiguous agenda, an agenda closer in spirit to the infamous silent film Birth of a Nation.

More @ http://www.obsessionwithhate.com/therebuttal.php

It's import to forward the rebuttal to the video to as many people as possible

doorster
10-10-2008, 03:54 AM
McCain cannot control what independent groups choose to do. Either for him or against him. Neither can Obama.
Exactly so! but even if he colluded with them in some way he will calm down a bit, after victory (he wont be any more of a danger to us than Bush and Bush senior are).

but obama, IMHO, on the other hand will go to extremes to show how a great an American and punisher of them "nasty mozlems" he is (there will be no end to his "anti-terror" campaigns).

Intisar
10-10-2008, 06:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

I prefer that what is in a man's heart to come to the surface. I'm not saying that McCain does support it, because like Keltoi said, neither him nor Obama can control what independant supporters say or do. All I'm saying is if McCain, Obama, Nader, and the rest were to hate Islam, and McCain is the only one to actually 'fess up while the others hide it, then 'eck I like McCain for that. I don't appreciate being lied to, even if the lie is what I wanna hear.

If it were being sent to people like the evangelists who don't particularly love Islam already, I don't see why it matters.

I actually like McCain and Obama equally tho... Andd whatever is destined to happen will happen.
But that's exactly it, Obama hasn't said anything about hating Muslims nor loving them, so obviously it shows how much more unbigoted he is. He doesn't focus on people's race, religion, or colour but he strives to bring Americans to a better standard of living.

Why should it have to be made clear that Obama hates or loves Muslims when we hardly make up that much of the American population? It's not important to know whether he supports us or not, and come on if he were to vocally say that the chances of him winning the election would be slim to none.

McCain, as you can tell, is a bitter old man who's been chasing the presidency for quite a while now. And then here comes this young, smart, black man taking it away from him. He's desperate, and the republicans are not publicly admitting that they're losing the election but they're sure as hell saying it behind closed doors.

I agree with Obama's policies, I don't care about whether he's hiding or being vocal about his hatred for Muslims because that's the last thing that should worry me. What I'm worried about is whether I'll be able to keep on affording to go to college, whether I'll be covered by my job for health insurance, and whether my taxes aren't going to some greedy corporate rich guys who do nothing but play with our money (which McSame was all for!).

I'm just advising everyone that when going to the polls you pick someone who you think you'll be able to put up with for 4 years. :)

doorster
10-10-2008, 06:41 AM
Obama hasn't said anything about hating Muslims nor loving them
except for the fact that he wants to go "terrorist" hunting in Pakistan when elected because Bush is not doing enough.
In Aug 2007 numbskull Obama wanted to invade Pakistan, the most dangerous place in the world. But Pakistan has The Bomb. And there was no telling what kind of response there might have been from Pakistan
Why should it have to be made clear that Obama hates or loves Muslims when we hardly make up that much of the American population? It's not important to know whether he supports us or not
and when someone leaked that he went to a Muslim school, he went all ballistic and wild as if some one had called him the N word then he was forever trying to convince people that he was not a Muslim now or in past that it was all an attempt malign him

Barack Obama: I'm no Muslim - Times Online

16 Jan 2008 ... Mr Obama, who was raised as a Christian by his white mother despite his Kenyan father being Muslim, has been dogged by smears and innuendo
www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/us_elections/article3194740.ece -

Intisar
10-10-2008, 06:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
except for the fact that he wants to go "terrorist" hunting in Pakistan when elected because Bush is not doing enough
I honestly believe it's all talk just to make conservative Americans, who aren't voting McCain, happy.

BlissfullyJaded
10-10-2008, 06:50 AM

^ Sis, you gotta be joking. In a post 9/11 America, national security is a big issue, and I think that'd be an accusation to say to he's all talk on that. Not that conservatives care what he says anyway, especially because they don't want to invade Pakistan as far as I'm aware. It does not appear a wise move to invade the ally, but I guess maybe he doubts how much of an ally they are, especially if he has intelligence that they are aiding the terrorists.

You do make some good points which I've heard from some other Obama supporters as well, but I'm not really convinced. I guess I'll just wait for him to win and hope he does bring the change he promises. Maybe he can do what President Clinton did and restore America's domestic issues. Although, the Clinton administration had every chance to make the health care goal a reality, and they didn't, so given the crisis we're going through I don't know if all that really is a priority. I'll be happy with just a stable economy and getting a job at the end of my education.

Snowflake
10-10-2008, 06:51 AM
We can expect this new propaganda to generate more interest in Islam - InshaAllah.

Btw, I'm relieved to see this wasn't about McCain's Oven Chips :D

E'jaazi
10-10-2008, 06:57 AM
For those of you even thinking about voting in this election, please read my blog and the link found at the bottom of the blog page.

http://nafis.muslimblogz.com/2008/10...ng-in-america/

Intisar
10-10-2008, 07:01 AM
:w: Well you never really know if he's truly going to go through with ''invading'' Pakistan, what I'm trying to say is that he's trying to show those people who don't believe in him that he is trying to make America a more stable and secure place. But he needs to seriously realise that the last thing he should be thinking about is trying to invading another country, Americans really don't want their money going overseas anymore they're sick and tired of it.

He should focus more on creating more jobs and fixing the crumbling health care system. SubhanAllaah there are so many people out their without any health insurance who will literally tell you that they'd rather die at home than sit at the hospital waiting to go to the emergency room simply because they can't afford health insurance. Healthcare is a right, and not a privilege. McCain wants to tax health care for the first time ever, is he crazy? Especially with the amount of people who aren't covered!

The American gov't should really think about adopting the free health care system like that of the Canadian gov't, but that would just mean more taxes.

E'jazzi, for you to even think that it's ridiculous for Muslims to not vote is imo ridiculous, seriously. It would be disrespectful not to vote.

BlissfullyJaded
10-10-2008, 07:07 AM

I've heard that before and am not fully convinced in that either, cuz we live here and ok so we're voting in a "kuffar" president, but we're still accepting his leadership right and obeying the laws (as I believe we should), right? Either way, one or the other is gonna come in. So what does it change that *gasp* we voted? Besides voting in a president, there are a lot of other stuff of the ballot too btw, so it's foolish to say not to vote.

Sis Ameena*, I agree you that he should. I'm just skeptical whether he will. I know he loves this country and would do anything for it, but I just don't know how much is in his capacity I guess. And whether Americans like it or not, it will go overseas if his intelligence declare it a matter of national security, and as the commander in chief he has that right.

doorster
10-10-2008, 07:07 AM
Btw, I'm relieved to see this wasn't about McCain's Oven Chips
^^ I like my chips home-made hehehe

Intisar
10-10-2008, 07:09 AM
Yeah his agenda is more focused on trying to get the troops out of Iraq, so before that happens I doubt any ''invasion'' to Pakistan will occur.

Are you voting though?

doorster
10-10-2008, 07:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by E'jaazi
For those of you even thinking about voting in this election, please read my blog and the link found at the bottom of the blog page.

http://<snip>.com/2008/10/10/voting-in-america/
are you one of them from hizb -e- tehrir? BTW. no thanks for causing me disgust by tricking me to download that pdf which has a vile photo in it

BlissfullyJaded
10-10-2008, 07:11 AM

Are you voting though?
Am I voting? Nopes. Maybe on a last minute decision I will, but for now 99.9999% no. :p

Intisar
10-10-2008, 07:16 AM
:w: That's crazy, you need to vote. Go and register, make yourself known by declaring yourself through voting. When's voter registration due in Cali?

I think you should look at all sides of the spectrum for both candidates and see whether the important issues for you are being heard. Voice your opinion by voting. :D

north_malaysian
10-10-2008, 07:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
It is even reaching here in the rural mid-west. I got a phone call from an acquaintance in Faith, South Dakota telling me everybody in Faith got it in todays mail. I now been invited by a group of Mormons in Faith to come address them and discuss ways such anti-religious campaigning can be fought against. McCain did not win any fans in Faith over this, just the opposite the people there see it as an attack on religious freedom.

I also got an invite to discuss it with the mayor of Faith on Monday. While I am there I am going to try to speak with the Tribal Council for the Lakota Sioux at the Cheyenne River Reservation.

Wow.... on behalf of all Malaysian Muslims... JazakAllah, sir!!!

Trumble
10-10-2008, 08:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
oh, I think the photo is very telling, but I'll second your 'lol' as it is all so very amusing!...
The only thing that is "very telling" is your reaction to it.

why not holding it with pride and in full support of the churl she is about to vote for?
Partly because in my scenario I could think of a straightforward and plausible reason why somebody would take the photograph and in your attempt to belatedly grasp at straws, I cannot. Mostly, though, because I did the minimal online exploration necessary to find out what the response of Mrs Lopez to finding the DVD in her letterbox actually was. But that isn't really the point, is it?

north_malaysian
10-10-2008, 09:12 AM

Personally, I think she's telling us that:

"Look at this rubbish I found in my mail, how dare those people spreading hatred to all Americans....I'm so angry that I want to eat those neo-cons alive!!!" :D

Trumble
10-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Actually, that's pretty much what she did say, apart from the eating neo-cons alive bit, anyway!

"Sally Lopez said she opened the mailbox at her Lemoyne home on Monday and found a DVD entitled "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West."

The independently released documentary showed scenes from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and other attacks in London, Madrid, Spain and Beslan, Russia.

Lopez said she was offended by the DVD. And after learning her daughter, who lives in York, also received a copy, Lopez said she wondered whether there was political motivation behind the mailing.

"My thing is, I'm not stupid. There are definitely radical Islamic cells all over the world, but we also have the Aryan Nation, the [Ku Klux Klan], all kinds of hate groups out there," Lopez said. "They're just instilling fear in us. I'm tired of living in fear." "

link

Hamayun
10-10-2008, 10:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian

Personally, I think she's telling us that:

"Look at this rubbish I found in my mail, how dare those people spreading hatred to all Americans....I'm so angry that I want to eat those neo-cons alive!!!" :D
Awww she looks cute!!!

SixTen
10-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Well, their goes Mccains chance of becoming president.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2008, 10:59 AM
^ u think so? i thot all presidents were naturally anti-islamic

obummer seems to be next one up

SixTen
10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
^ u think so? i thot all presidents were naturally anti-islamic

obummer seems to be next one up
Obama got this one in the bag IMO.

Keltoi
10-10-2008, 11:23 AM
Neither McCain or Obama are "anti-Islamic", the issue is terrorism. Obama wants to focus our military resources into Afghanistan and if necessary ignore Pakistan's sovereignty in order to capture or kill Bin Laden and/or Zawahiri. McCain wants to follow the strategy used in Iraq, which is to make friends that will turn against terrorists eventually. That is what happened in Iraq in large degree. The people themselves exposed and rid themselves of the Al-Qaeda elements in their provinces and towns. McCain believes this same strategy will work in Pakistan and Afghanistan. That is the main foreign policy disagreement between the two.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2008, 12:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
Neither McCain or Obama are "anti-Islamic",.
LOL and hitler use to love jews ;D

north_malaysian
10-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Actually, that's pretty much what she did say, apart from the eating neo-cons alive bit, anyway!

"Sally Lopez said she opened the mailbox at her Lemoyne home on Monday and found a DVD entitled "Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West."

The independently released documentary showed scenes from the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attacks and other attacks in London, Madrid, Spain and Beslan, Russia.

Lopez said she was offended by the DVD. And after learning her daughter, who lives in York, also received a copy, Lopez said she wondered whether there was political motivation behind the mailing.

"My thing is, I'm not stupid. There are definitely radical Islamic cells all over the world, but we also have the Aryan Nation, the [Ku Klux Klan], all kinds of hate groups out there," Lopez said. "They're just instilling fear in us. I'm tired of living in fear." "

link
she had many tacos that day..... so she's not hungry and the neo-cons were spared....:giggling:

Thanks for the link trumble.... it's nice to know that there are many reasonable people who are still alive and kicking in America....

Thank you Mrs Lopez!!:happy:

Keltoi
10-10-2008, 04:14 PM
LOL and hitler use to love jews ;D
What does it mean to be anti-Islamic to you?

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 04:26 PM
The orgnizations and individuals responsible for this sort of callous misinformation may not be directly under the McCain Campaign's authority. They may well just turn out to be a group of right wing bigots who share McCain's ideology (or perhaps a more extreme version of it), and recognise that playing on people's fears about terrorism is the only real way they have of influencing the choice of the electorate come November.

But i think it won't entirely work. Remember that it's been 5 years since the occupation of Iraq, most Americans, even some of the most inveterate Republicans realize that Iraq never really posed any threat to the US and it's interests, nor did it certainly every have any WMDs. The economy is the central issue in this election, and i have serious misgivings about whether the dissemination of factually distorted Islamophobic dvds will in any way negate the lead Obama has in the polls. I doubt it.

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 04:35 PM
Neither McCain or Obama are "anti-Islamic", the issue is terrorism. Obama wants to focus our military resources into Afghanistan and if necessary ignore Pakistan's sovereignty in order to capture or kill Bin Laden and/or Zawahiri. McCain wants to follow the strategy used in Iraq, which is to make friends that will turn against terrorists eventually. That is what happened in Iraq in large degree. The people themselves exposed and rid themselves of the Al-Qaeda elements in their provinces and towns. McCain believes this same strategy will work in Pakistan and Afghanistan. That is the main foreign policy disagreement between the two.

Obama claims that he essentially wants to use "economic aid" to Pakistan, as an incentive to lure the people away from affiliation with the insurgents in th tribal areas.

It is the most insulting posture any politician could adopt. He is in effect, telling the Pakistani people that the aggrieved "Islamist" elements in the tribal belt should have nothing to do with mainstream, moderate Pakistani society. They too are Pakistani, they have every right to defend their sovereignty and struggle for their ideals, which i should point out, are not extremist or subversive as western propaganda is keen to point out. They are not against development, and international investment. The facts must be laid out clean, they don't want Pakistan to be used as a proxy, or as a facilitator to assist americans in launching their murderous campaigns in Afghanistan. Is it wrong to demand that? is it wrong to demand sustained political and economic development within the parameters of Islam?

Zardari and Gilani must resist Washington's hegemony and engage in talks with the leaders in the tribal regions.

Keltoi
10-10-2008, 04:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
Obama claims that he essentially wants to use "economic aid" to Pakistan, as an incentive to lure the people away from affiliation with the insurgents in th tribal areas.

It is the most insulting posture any politician could adopt. He is in effect, telling the Pakistani people that the aggrieved "Islamist" elements in the tribal belt should have nothing to do with mainstream, moderate Pakistani society. They too are Pakistani, they have every right to defend their sovereignty and struggle for their ideals, which i should point out, are not extremist or subversive as western propaganda is keen to point out. They are not against development, and international investment. The facts must be laid out clean, they don't want Pakistan to be used as a proxy, or as a facilitator to assist americans in launching their murderous campaigns in Afghanistan. Is it wrong to demand that? is it wrong to demand sustained political and economic development within the parameters of Islam?

Zardari and Gilani must resist Washington's hegemony and engage in talks with the leaders in the tribal regions.

Well, all that largely depends upon the level and support these tribal areas are giving terrorist and Taliban elements. If these regions refuse to divorce themselves and/or are actively supporting these elements they become enemies of the United States and the new Afghan government. If the Pakistani government cannot or will not oppose these elements, then that government becomes meaningless in terms of sovereignty and/or becomes an outright enemy of the United States.

Of course neither country wants to be in that latter category. That is why it is very important for the Pakistani government or the Americans to either end this terrorist safe haven or extremely isolate that region.

doorster
10-10-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't know about him but to me it means to change their rulers at will, kill them when fancy takes or lock them up without trial and chuck away the key

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ameena*
But that's exactly it, Obama hasn't said anything about hating Muslims nor loving them, so obviously it shows how much more unbigoted he is. He doesn't focus on people's race, religion, or colour but he strives to bring Americans to a better standard of living.

Why should it have to be made clear that Obama hates or loves Muslims when we hardly make up that much of the American population? It's not important to know whether he supports us or not, and come on if he were to vocally say that the chances of him winning the election would be slim to none.

McCain, as you can tell, is a bitter old man who's been chasing the presidency for quite a while now. And then here comes this young, smart, black man taking it away from him. He's desperate, and the republicans are not publicly admitting that they're losing the election but they're sure as hell saying it behind closed doors.

I agree with Obama's policies, I don't care about whether he's hiding or being vocal about his hatred for Muslims because that's the last thing that should worry me. What I'm worried about is whether I'll be able to keep on affording to go to college, whether I'll be covered by my job for health insurance, and whether my taxes aren't going to some greedy corporate rich guys who do nothing but play with our money (which McSame was all for!).

I'm just advising everyone that when going to the polls you pick someone who you think you'll be able to put up with for 4 years. :)
Thats a ridiculous load of over-simplified nonsense. You're literally taking at face value, everything the Obama campaign is saying. Fine, i accknowledge that living in the US, his policies on economic reform appeal to you. But get your priorities right, and don't ramble on like some vacuous simpleton. As a Muslim, what is the most pressing international issue and what does Obama say about it?

The most pressing international issue, is not Iraq or Afghanistan, it is the nucleus from which these wars erupted; Palestine.

Obama, has categorically stated that Israel will be the US's strongest ally, Jerusalem will be it's "undivided" capital, and that he will pleadge unconditional political and military support for the murder, occupation, starvation etc all going on in the occupied territories. Expect to see further endorsement of Israeli policies by the US in the shape of vetoes at the UN. We are talking about Al Aqsa here, the third most sacred site in Islam.

Look at how hypocritic and evil they are, that in all the presidential debates, even the vice-presidential debate, they always extol Israel, glorify it, assert in the strongest terms their support for the zionist regime. Did you ever hear the word "Palestine" even once? the word "justice"? Did they ever talk about the Human Rights of the Palestinian people? about the brutal sanctions and embargo on Gaza? the lack of basic even the most rudimentary medical supplies? not once. Did they ever talk about Somalia? the killing that they sponsored through their ethiopian proxies? the massacres of civilians? the overthrow of the Islamic Courts Union which after 17 years of anarchy in Somalia, and in 6 months of their rule brought peace, security, growth, stability, investment, international remittance etc.

What was their fault? that they rejected the odious notion of becoming a US client regime? and they were labelled as Al Qa'eda accomplices by the US.

Im sorry to say this, but despite all that if you are still only looking at your own narrow interest as the basis of this election, then not only are you a pathetic and mornonic narcissist, but a treacherous individual who is undeserving of anything.

جوري
10-10-2008, 05:09 PM
The only thing that is "very telling" is your reaction to it.
my reaction is expected to an incessant stimulus, that won't be happy until it forgathers Muslims into a likely camp under the guise of 'terrorism'

Partly because in my scenario I could think of a straightforward and plausible reason why somebody would take the photograph and in your attempt to belatedly grasp at straws, I cannot. Mostly, though, because I did the minimal online exploration necessary to find out what the response of Mrs Lopez to finding the DVD in her letterbox actually was. But that isn't really the point, is it?
I believe in one of your quotes, she professes that she is not deluding herself that she's 'not stupid. There are definitely radical Islamic cells all over the world'

Just because she didn't like it being forced down her throat in the form of a DVD, doesn't mean this isn't her general belief.

Not really different to Hitler's Germany, many people disliked Hitler's regime but went with it anyway, and believed the stereo types of Jews!

History has a way of repeating itself even if the minor nuances change.. although I am almost certain of your response to this, to which you are entitled. As I am to mine!

cheers

truemuslim
10-10-2008, 05:16 PM
Ohhh i got that dvd, didnt watch it but i thoguth it was islamic......................

oh well i never supported mccain (doesnt mean i like obama tho)
hope they both get shot with one bull straight thru the head, nd at the same time, america blows up nd burns down. :Evil: .......unfortunoutly wishes dont come true

IbnAbdulHakim
10-10-2008, 05:30 PM
supporting those who kill muslims ie israel etc

doorster
10-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Thats a ridiculous load of over-simplified nonsense. You're literally taking at face value, everything the Obama campaign is saying. Fine, i accknowledge that living in the US, his policies on economic reform appeal to you. But get your priorities right, and don't ramble on like some vacuous simpleton. As a Muslim, what is the most pressing international issue and what does Obama say about it?

The most pressing international issue, is not Iraq or Afghanistan, it is the nucleus from which these wars erupted; Palestine.

Obama, has categorically stated that Israel will be the US's strongest ally, Jerusalem will be it's "undivided" capital, and that he will pleadge unconditional political and military support for the murder, occupation, starvation etc all going on in the occupied territories. Expect to see further endorsement of Israeli policies by the US in the shape of vetoes at the UN. We are talking about Al Aqsa here, the third most sacred site in Islam.

Look at how hypocritic and evil they are, that in all the presidential debates, even the vice-presidential debate, they always extol Israel, glorify it, assert in the strongest terms their support for the zionist regime. Did you ever hear the word "Palestine" even once? the word "justice"? Did they ever talk about the Human Rights of the Palestinian people? about the brutal sanctions and embargo on Gaza? the lack of basic even the most rudimentary medical supplies? not once. Did they ever talk about Somalia? the killing that they sponsored through their ethiopian proxies? the massacres of civilians? the overthrow of the Islamic Courts Union which after 17 years of anarchy in Somalia, and in 6 months of their rule brought peace, security, growth, stability, investment, international remittance etc.

What was their fault? that they rejected the odious notion of becoming a US client regime? and they were labelled as Al Qa'eda accomplices by the US.

Im sorry to say this, but despite all that if you are still only looking at your own narrow interest as the basis of this election, then not only are you a pathetic and mornonic narcissist, but a treacherous individual who is undeserving of anything.
I say thank God for you but you be prepared for infractions, nasty PMs even a ban now. :( they don't like you to speak your mind here unless you are anti Muslim or a deviant then they cant do enough for you.

pro Muslim? forget about it (you've got to sneak it in)

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 07:15 PM
I say thank God for you but you be prepared for infractions, nasty PMs even a ban now. :( they don't like you to speak your mind here unless you are anti Muslim or a deviant then they cant do enough for you.

pro Muslim? forget about it (you've got to sneak it in)

It would be in everyone's interest for the moderators not to crack down on legitimate religious/political exchanges. Engaging with each other is one of the few ways we can discuss our differences, ideological beliefs etc.

Gator
10-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Just a little clarification. Obama backtracked from the "undivided Jerusalem remarks and said that Jerusalem should be on the table and result in a compromise both sides could live with. He is not against any plan that has both countries sharing soverignty to parts of Jerusalem which is acceptable to both.

In this political climate that's about as good as your going to get.

Thanks.

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Obama did not backtrack. He was acutely congnizant of what he was stating when he made that speech to AIPAC and it's influential functionaries.

What later appeared as him recanting that statement was a political smokescreen; in effect him trying to pacify the Palestinians, and the borader Muslim electorate. Obama is a shrewd politician, with magnificent oratory capabilities. But we must distinguish between genuine Mid-East policy perpetuation and political deception.

nocturnal
10-10-2008, 07:54 PM
By the way, im not trying to foment a sense of doom and gloom on this forum about the US elections, Obama and the possible ramifications for the Middle East. What i am trying to say is that we have to be objective in terms of how we percieve American elections. They should always be viewed in my opinion, in a historical as well as contemporary context. The US has always historically sought to neutralize the prospect of Muslim coutries uniting, because they are conscious of the fact that this will undermine its strategic interests and hegemony of the Muslim world and it's resources which it controls through subservient lackeys occupying all the prominent Arab and Muslim governmental positions.

Republicans, especially this administration, have been disastrous for world peace and cultural cohesion, but this does not mean that Obama and the Democrats should be seen as a panacea to all the Ummah's problems. What i think we need to do, as Muslims, is realize that we cannot rely on anyone else to solve our problems, we have to look at ourselves introspectively. We should not also endorse the policies of those who subvert Islam and the Qur'an to justify attrocities committed against innocent people.

MartyrX
10-10-2008, 07:59 PM
My father got this in his newspaper a few Sundays back. IF McCain is behind this it did nothing in this state as he seems to be pulling out.

doorster
10-10-2008, 08:03 PM
What i think we need to do, as Muslims, is realize that we cannot rely on anyone else to solve our problems, we have to look at ourselves introspectively. We should not also endorse the policies of those who subvert Islam and the Qur'an to justify atrocities committed against innocent people.
masha'Allah! hits nail right on the head Again!

Gator
10-10-2008, 08:16 PM
Obama did not backtrack. He was acutely congnizant of what he was stating when he made that speech to AIPAC and it's influential functionaries...
Let me be clear again to all reading this thread.

Barak Obama is not opposed to splitting Jerusalem for an Israeli/Palestinian peace deal, if its what both parites agree.

Thanks.

Trumble
10-11-2008, 01:14 AM
I don't think we need worry about a McCain victory any more, folks. Surely this;

Palin guilty of abusing her power

will cause terminal damage. Not so much because of what Palin might, or might not, have done as because McCain's judgement must seriously be called into question for picking her in the first place. If you can't even pick a decent VP candidate, what chance is there of getting anything else right?

north_malaysian
10-11-2008, 04:23 AM
I'm impressed when McCain corrected an ignorant lady when she said that Obama is an Arab. An Arab?:giggling: She's been listening to lots of craps from the neo-cons...;D

But he also got booed from the people when he said cool things about Obama... what a freaking crowds...

north_malaysian
10-11-2008, 04:27 AM
I don't think we need worry about a McCain victory any more, folks. Surely this;

Palin guilty of abusing her power

will cause terminal damage. Not so much because of what Palin might, or might not, have done as because McCain's judgement must seriously be called into question for picking her in the first place. If you can't even pick a decent VP candidate, what chance is there of getting anything else right?
Imagine if McCain becomes the President and died just days after being a President (he's OLD)... that Palin would be a President....and USA would be ****ed!:hmm:

north_malaysian
10-11-2008, 04:29 AM
supporting those who kill muslims ie israel etc
But majority of Muslims that are dead on daily basis are being killed by fellow Muslims worldwide.... shouldn't we solve this problem first...

doorster
10-11-2008, 04:36 AM
I'm impressed when McCain corrected an ignorant lady when she said that Obama is an Arab. An Arab?:giggling: She's been listening to lots of craps from the neo-cons...;D

But he also got booed from the people when he said cool things about Obama... what a freaking crowds...
he was abused by his own supporters, that should also give people a clue about something else that was alleged earlier on in this thread by some

McCain booed by supporters after trying to calm angry anti-Obama chants at Minnesota rally

north_malaysian
10-11-2008, 04:47 AM

McCain booed by supporters after trying to calm angry anti-Obama chants at Minnesota rally
3rd world mentality living in a 1st world facility country.... what a shame...

islamirama
10-11-2008, 04:55 AM

TERRORISTS GAS INNOCENT CHILDREN !!!

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque after "Obsession" DVD Hits Ohio

by Chris Rodda
Sun Sep 28, 2008 at 08:50:29 PM PDT
(From the diaries -- kos)

On Friday, September 26, the end of a week in which thousands of copies of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West -- the fear-mongering, anti-Muslim documentary being distributed by the millions in swing states via DVDs inserted in major newspapers and through the U.S. mail -- were distributed by mail in Ohio, a "chemical irritant" was sprayed through a window of the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton, where 300 people were gathered for a Ramadan prayer service. The room that the chemical was sprayed into was the room where babies and children were being kept while their mothers were engaged in prayers. This, apparently, is what the scare tactic political campaigning of John McCain's supporters has led to -- Americans perpetrating a terrorist attack against innocent children on American soil.

* Chris Rodda's diary ::

I read the story as reported by the Dayton Daily News, but this was after I had received an email written by a friend of some of the victims of these American terrorists. The matter of fact news report in the Dayton paper didn't come close to conveying the horrific impact of this unthinkable act like the email I had just read, so I asked the email's author for permission to share what they had written. The author was with one of the families from the mosque -- a mother and two of the small children who were in the room that was gassed -- the day after the attack occurred.

"She told me that the gas was sprayed into the room where the babies and children were being kept while their mothers prayed together their Ramadan prayers. Panicked mothers ran for their babies, crying for their children so they could flee from the gas that was burning their eyes and throats and lungs. She grabbed her youngest in her arms and grabbed the hand of her other daughter, moving with the others to exit the building and the irritating substance there.

"The paramedic said the young one was in shock, and gave her oxygen to help her breathe. The child couldn't stop sobbing.

"This didn't happen in some far away place -- but right here in Dayton, and to my friends. Many of the Iraqi refugees were praying together at the Mosque Friday evening. People that I know and love.

"I am hurt and angry. I tell her this is NOT America. She tells me this is not Heaven or Hell -- there are good and bad people everywhere.

"She tells me that her daughters slept with her last night, the little one in her arms and sobbing throughout the night.

She tells me she is afraid, and will never return to the mosque, and I wonder what kind of country is this where people have to fear attending their place of worship?

The children come into the room, and tell me they want to leave America and return to Syria, where they had fled to from Iraq. They say they like me ..., and other American friends -- but they are too afraid and want to leave.

Should a 6 and 7 year old even have to contemplate the safety of their living situation?

Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence? Who attacks women and children?

What am I supposed to say to them? My words can't keep them safe from what is nothing less than terrorism, American style.

Isn't losing loved ones, their homes, jobs, possessions and homeland enough? Is there no place where they can be safe?

"She didn't want me to leave her tonight, but it was after midnight, and I needed to get home and write this to my friends.

Tell me -- tell me -- what am I supposed to say to them?"

When acting as a representative of Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), the 501(c)3 non-profit organization that I work for, I cannot engage in political activities. The distribution of Obsession,however, although a political campaign scheme, clearly crosses over into the mission of MRFF. So, I'm going to make two statements here -- one in my capacity as MRFF's Research Director, and another as an individual whose disgust at the vile campaign tactics of John McCain's supporters completely boiled over when I opened up the email about children being gassed.

My statement as MRFF's Research Director:

The presidential campaign edition of the Obsession DVD, currently being distributed by the Clarion Fund, carries the endorsement of the chair of the counter-terrorism department of the U.S. Naval War College, using the name and authority of an official U.S. military institution not only to validate an attack the religion of Islam, but to influence a political campaign. For these reasons, this endorsement has been included in MRFF's second lawsuit against the Department of Defense, which was filed on September 25 in the Federal District Court in Kansas.

My opinion as an individual and thoroughly appalled human being:

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.

north_malaysian
10-11-2008, 10:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

by Chris Rodda

On Friday, September 26, the end of a week in which thousands of copies of Obsession: Radical Islam's War Against the West -- the fear-mongering, anti-Muslim documentary being distributed by the millions in swing states via DVDs inserted in major newspapers and through the U.S. mail -- were distributed by mail in Ohio, a "chemical irritant" was sprayed through a window of the Islamic Society of Greater Dayton, where 300 people were gathered for a Ramadan prayer service. The room that the chemical was sprayed into was the room where babies and children were being kept while their mothers were engaged in prayers. This, apparently, is what the scare tactic political campaigning of John McCain's supporters has led to -- Americans perpetrating a terrorist attack against innocent children on American soil.

I read the story as reported by the Dayton Daily News, but this was after I had received an email written by a friend of some of the victims of these American terrorists. The matter of fact news report in the Dayton paper didn't come close to conveying the horrific impact of this unthinkable act like the email I had just read, so I asked the email's author for permission to share what they had written. The author was with one of the families from the mosque -- a mother and two of the small children who were in the room that was gassed -- the day after the attack occurred.

"She told me that the gas was sprayed into the room where the babies and children were being kept while their mothers prayed together their Ramadan prayers. Panicked mothers ran for their babies, crying for their children so they could flee from the gas that was burning their eyes and throats and lungs. She grabbed her youngest in her arms and grabbed the hand of her other daughter, moving with the others to exit the building and the irritating substance there.

"The paramedic said the young one was in shock, and gave her oxygen to help her breathe. The child couldn't stop sobbing.

"This didn't happen in some far away place -- but right here in Dayton, and to my friends. Many of the Iraqi refugees were praying together at the Mosque Friday evening. People that I know and love.

"I am hurt and angry. I tell her this is NOT America. She tells me this is not Heaven or Hell -- there are good and bad people everywhere.

"She tells me that her daughters slept with her last night, the little one in her arms and sobbing throughout the night.

She tells me she is afraid, and will never return to the mosque, and I wonder what kind of country is this where people have to fear attending their place of worship?

The children come into the room, and tell me they want to leave America and return to Syria, where they had fled to from Iraq. They say they like me ..., and other American friends -- but they are too afraid and want to leave.

Should a 6 and 7 year old even have to contemplate the safety of their living situation?

Did the anti-Muslim video circulating in the area have something to do with this incident, or is that just a bizarre coincidence? Who attacks women and children?

What am I supposed to say to them? My words can't keep them safe from what is nothing less than terrorism, American style.

Isn't losing loved ones, their homes, jobs, possessions and homeland enough? Is there no place where they can be safe?

"She didn't want me to leave her tonight, but it was after midnight, and I needed to get home and write this to my friends.

When acting as a representative of Military Religious Freedom Foundation (MRFF), the 501(c)3 non-profit organization that I work for, I cannot engage in political activities. The distribution of Obsession,however, although a political campaign scheme, clearly crosses over into the mission of MRFF. So, I'm going to make two statements here -- one in my capacity as MRFF's Research Director, and another as an individual whose disgust at the vile campaign tactics of John McCain's supporters completely boiled over when I opened up the email about children being gassed.

The presidential campaign edition of the Obsession DVD, currently being distributed by the Clarion Fund, carries the endorsement of the chair of the counter-terrorism department of the U.S. Naval War College, using the name and authority of an official U.S. military institution not only to validate an attack the religion of Islam, but to influence a political campaign. For these reasons, this endorsement has been included in MRFF's second lawsuit against the Department of Defense, which was filed on September 25 in the Federal District Court in Kansas.

John McCain has a moral obligation to publicly censure the Clarion Fund, the organization that produced Obsession and is distributing the DVDs; to denounce the inflammatory, anti-Muslim message of Obsession; and to do everything in his power to stop any further campaign activities by his supporters that have the potential to incite violence.
How many Muslim countries condemning this attack? :grumbling

Trumble
10-11-2008, 11:23 AM
How many Muslim countries condemning this attack? :grumbling
I'm not sure how many are aware of it; the story doesn't seem to have received much publicity. I totally agree with Rodda's opinion, though.

In the UK there is legislation that could actually get people prosecuted for circulating such a DVD if it had the potential to incite religiously motivated violence - which the story proves this one clearly has. Is there anything similar in the US, or can people incite and hate-monger as much as they like under the auspices of "free speech"?

MartyrX
10-11-2008, 03:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama

by Chris Rodda

That is horrible.

north_malaysian
10-12-2008, 04:41 AM
I'm not sure how many are aware of it; the story doesn't seem to have received much publicity. I totally agree with Rodda's opinion, though.

In the UK there is legislation that could actually get people prosecuted for circulating such a DVD if it had the potential to incite religiously motivated violence - which the story proves this one clearly has. Is there anything similar in the US, or can people incite and hate-monger as much as they like under the auspices of "free speech"?
In Malaysia, the DVD distributor can be detained without trial up to two years for causing disharmony between different groups...

Güven
10-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Ignorance at his best :hmm: they are from ohio ( srry truemuslim)

Media Tags are no longer supported

Intisar
10-13-2008, 10:51 PM
:sl: This thread has served it's purpose, and is now subject to closure.

Also, all off topic responses were deleted as well. In the future, please do not refer to people as ''racists'' or use the term ''nigga'', as they are both very offensive.

JazakAllahu khayr. :)

Woodrow
10-21-2008, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow

Just an update:

i was nearly a week late getting into Faith SD, I got here yesterday. I did get to speak with some of the Mormons last night. We final came to the consensus the best way to handle stuff like that is to trash can it and do our best to keep from publicising it.

I spoke with the mayor by phone. It turned out to be not as much of a problem as was expected. The only thing seen is the people are now quite polarized and anti-McCain.

I will be going out to the reservation later this week to meet with the few Muslims there. The big concern they have is getting ready for winter and being certain they have enough food to last through the winter once the snow hits. The snows will probably begin in just a week or two and by the end of November some will already be snowed in and isolated until the spring thaws. Life on the rex can be very brutal in the winter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.