/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 'She's really nice, but she's a Jew'

Re.TiReD
10-04-2008, 09:54 PM
:salamext:

'She's really nice, but she's a Jew, do I still have to hate her?'

And...

'Am I a Muslim Sellout for not hating Jews and Isreali's for what they're doing to Muslims?'

Just 2 quotes from 2 different people...

What do you think?

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
10-04-2008, 09:57 PM
hmm as muslims we love and hate for the sake of Allah but that doesnt mean we have to be intolerant especially if we're living in a mixed society. and even then for example jews and christians under a muslim country are to be treated with kindness and security.

the israeli point- not all jews are for israel but yes, to not hate israel and israelis is total sell out status imo

Playwright
10-04-2008, 10:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JσℓιєFℓєυя

Of course not. I work in a jewish run family business, where the owners daughter works closely with me in the Human Resources Department. Shes one of the nicest people i have ever met, and has become a good friend of mine. I treat her the way she treats other people - with kindness.

'Am I a Muslim Sellout for not hating Jews and Isreali's for what they're doing to Muslims?'

Honestly? i compare that to the whole of the world hating muslims and Saudi Arabia because of 7/11. Why hate all for the actions of a few?

czgibson
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Greetings,

I think it's terribly sad that some people feel they have to hate others for any reason.

Peace

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
10-04-2008, 10:11 PM
Hate is strong word! :blind:

Ansariyah
10-04-2008, 10:18 PM
In one hadith he said to Muadh:

“Fear Allah wherever you are, follow up an evil deed with a good deed, and meet with the people, interact with the people, with good akhlaaq.”

FatimaAsSideqah
10-04-2008, 10:21 PM
^ snap! :)

BlackMamba
10-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Look in the Quran at surah Maidah verse 51 (5:51)
http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/quran/5.htm#51

So You can be cool wit the jew but dont get too close u know wat Im saying. Like dont trust her too much. Because the word used in the verse is "Awliyaa" which in my knowledge usually refers to very close friend or protector.

Ansariyah
10-04-2008, 10:39 PM
All jews arent combat soldiers killing Muslims.
I cant stand it when people always get so political and act like robbots. If it wasnt for the prophets (sa) beautiful manners not many non-muslims wud have become Muslims.

transition?
10-04-2008, 10:41 PM
Oh Anwar Awlaki has a very interesting lecture on this subject. Hmm, I forgot the name but I'll look for it in a minute. on how relationship should be with others as a Muslim minority.

MT2
10-04-2008, 10:44 PM

WassalamuAlaykum
I don't see why anyone should hate/ dislike someone else because of their faith. We can't hate Jews simply because they're Jews. To the person asking the question, how would you feel if someone decided to hate on a Muslim just because they're Muslim. If you have a problem against someone,it shouldn't be because of WHAT they are. There are good and bad people in all religions- so you might miss out on really good people by disliking a whole group with no valid reason...

transition?
10-04-2008, 10:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MT2
I don't see why anyone should hate/ dislike someone else because of their faith. We can't hate Jews simply because they're Jews. To the person asking the question, how would you feel if someone decided to hate on a Muslim just because they're Muslim. If you have a problem against someone,it shouldn't be because of WHAT they are. There are good and bad people in all religions- so you might miss out on really good people by disliking a whole group with no valid reason...

But the majority of the Jews, even all the Sally Soccermoms, believe in Israel and Israel expansion. They give money to that government or maybe just support the cause. Supporting Israeli govt, and knowing that Israelis oppress Palestinians, is supporting oppression of Fellow Muslims. Just because they are "nice" Jews that doesn't take away from their beliefs. And it's even worse because not all Jewish people in connect with current events, or Israeli oppression, thus many support out of ignorance. I don't want to say hate them, but they are still non Muslims. Muslims however should treat every non Muslim with a sense of respect and tolerance that reflects Islam teachings if not treat non Muslims as potential Muslims.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2008, 10:59 PM

nope, that is absurd

your a sellout for not hating zionists and achknowledging israels right to exist

north_malaysian
10-05-2008, 12:58 AM
There are jews who are against the state of Israel and want Palestine to exist.

There are jews who remember nakba rather than remember Israel independence.

There are jews who converted to Islam and propagate Islam to others in fact their contribution to Islam is greater than most ethnic groups (ie. Abdullah bin Salam, Muhammad Asad and the founder of al Azhar University)

There is no such thing as original sin in Islam...so are those born Jews ahould be hated by Muslims?

Please treat the Jews as human too... not all of them are supporters of Zionism...

SixTen
10-05-2008, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
hmm as muslims we love and hate for the sake of Allah but that doesnt mean we have to be intolerant especially if we're living in a mixed society. and even then for example jews and christians under a muslim country are to be treated with kindness and security.

the israeli point- not all jews are for israel but yes, to not hate israel and israelis is total sell out status imo
Better to keep such opinions to yourself... Really... Your telling people they have to hate a whole nation???

Amadeus85
10-05-2008, 09:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
There are jews who are against the state of Israel and want Palestine to exist.

There are jews who remember nakba rather than remember Israel independence.

There are jews who converted to Islam and propagate Islam to others in fact their contribution to Islam is greater than most ethnic groups (ie. Abdullah bin Salam, Muhammad Asad and the founder of al Azhar University)

There is no such thing as original sin in Islam...so are those born Jews ahould be hated by Muslims?

Please treat the Jews as human too... not all of them are supporters of Zionism...
So a jew who supports Israel should be hated by muslims?
Your words remind me those repeated by neo cons. They also say -"We dont hate all muslims, because not all muslims support jihad.There are also good muslims who condemn jihad."
It sounds similar dont You think?

------
10-05-2008, 10:29 AM

Don't hate non Muslims, but don't become too close to them << My opinion.

Re.TiReD
10-05-2008, 08:20 PM
JazakAllah khayr =)

Lamees
10-05-2008, 08:22 PM
I can't handle seeing a JEW or Israeli..
Sorry,but i really can't..

north_malaysian
10-06-2008, 12:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaron85
So a jew who supports Israel should be hated by muslims?
Nope.. a Jew who support Zionism by discriminating the Arabs is wrong... but still I would have no problem to be friend with him/her... for example lavikor...

I believe in the two states solution...

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks people.

My own response was: So that means its ok to think all Muslims are terrorists then huh? You hate somebody for what they do, not who they are. You dont hate a whole nation because of the actions of a few...Thats what I think anyway, some people would dissagree I know...Anger for the sake of Allah (swt) comes to mind. But Muslims needs not be intolerant imo.

WassalamuAlaykum

P.S Ima ask this on another forum, I get a feeling the replies will be in total opposition to these.

north_malaysian
10-06-2008, 09:09 AM
You dont hate a whole nation because of the actions of a few...Thats what I think anyway, some people would dissagree I know
I am with you.

Why when it comes to "Jews" most of the Muslims treat them like the pariahs or untouchables...which are not worthy enough to live.

How many Muslims dare to explain and talk about Islam to the Jews? How many Muslims dare to propagate ISlam to the Jews? How many Muslims want the Jews to revert back to Islam?

Re.TiReD
10-06-2008, 11:03 AM
JazakAllah khayr.

From another forum:

the first one is nonsensical, we are not commanded to hate jews

the second one is pathetic, the Prophet said you are not of us if you do not concern yourself with the affairs of the muslim

a sellout is the least of your problems, if anyone is doing what the israelis are doing to her family, what would she think? would she love them?

we are one ummah, when you do to one you to do all

And:

There's no command to hate Jews and if someone doesn't hate oppressors for what they are doing to oppressed people then they don't get Islam. Doesn't matters if the oppressors are Jews or atheists or whatever, or whether the oppressed are Muslims or any other religion. If a Muslim can stand by and see people being oppressed, killed, driven from their lands and so on, and not hate what they see, then they should read the Qur'an again very carefully (a good translation in a language they understand.# if they don't speak Arabic)

Muezzin
10-06-2008, 05:41 PM
Being a Muslim does not mean you have to hate Jews. They are People of the Book and should be treated with respect and dignity, not this petty racism.

Disliking certain actions of the state of Israel does not and must not equate to disliking Jews. Do people who dislike certain actions of the state of Iran hate Muslims in so doing? Must they? It's a specious argument.

format_quote Originally Posted by Playwright
Honestly? i compare that to the whole of the world hating muslims and Saudi Arabia because of 7/11. Why hate all for the actions of a few?

Never forget?

Danah
10-06-2008, 05:46 PM
Our prophet was nice to his jewish neighbor

so if she did not do anything wrong to you ...... why to hate her

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.