/* */

PDA

View Full Version : True Repentece

Ansariyah
10-04-2008, 11:08 PM
In The Name Of Allaah...

(pls feel free to move this to a more appropiate area of the forum if u want)

Thalaba Ibn AbdulRahman was a young man at the age of 16. He always ran
errands for the prophet pbuh. One day while walking though the city of
Medina, he passed by a house with an open door.

Out of curiosity he took a glance inside. In this glance, he saw a light curtain being blown away from a bathroom entrance were a woman was bathing. He immediately lowered his gaze. With an extreme feeling of guilt and hypocrisy his mind ran.

Thinking to himself, “How could I be of the companions, one that is close to
the prophet pbuh, one who runs his errands and be so horrible as to
disrespect peoples privacy?”..

He feared that Allah would reveal to the prophet pbuh evidence of his
hypocrisy. His guilt denied him to ever show his face to the prophet pbuh.
So he ran away.

Days went by and the prophet kept asking the other companions if they had
seen Thalaba. No one had seen him. With the prophet’s worry about Thalaba he sent a few of the companions to look for him everywhere, among them were Umar Ibn Al Khattab and Salman Al Farsi.

They looked everywhere in Medina, and on the out skirts of Madina, until they came about a set of mountains between Mecca and Medina where some nomads where herding sheep.

The companions asked the nomads if they had seen a young man with Thalaba’s characteristics. They told the companions about a weeping boy. He had been here for 40 days. He came down from the mountains once a day weeping and drank the milk they would offer him. Then he went back up the mountains weeping, crying, always asking for Allah for forgiveness, and saying words of repentance.

So the companions waited until he came down and watched him. He had lost weight. His countenance reflected sorrow as he drank the milk that was mixed with his tears. The companions insisted that they take him back to the prophet pbuh but he refused and asked them if Allah had revealed verses saying he was a hypocrite.

They told him that they had no knowledge of any such verses. He was taken back to Medina where the prophet pbuh went to see him. He asked again if Allah had put him among the hypocrites or revealed that he was. The prophet pbuh assured him that there were no such verses.

He laid out Thalaba’s tired, weak body and placed Thalaba’s head on his lap.
The prophet pbuh comforted him until he told the prophet pbuh I feel as
though ants are walking between my flesh and bones. The prophet told him it
was death and his time had come.

He witnessed while Thalaba’s head was on his lap, Thalaba proclaim “There is
no god worthy of worship other than Allah, and that Mohamed pbuh is the
messenger of Allah.”

The prophet pbuh washed Thalaba and carried him to the grave. It is narrated that on their way to bury Thalaba, the prophet pbuh walked on his tippy toes as though he were in a crowd. When Umar asked about this, the prophet pbuh explained that he was being crowded with the angels.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2008, 11:10 PM
subhanAllaah... makes you wonder if any of us have repented properly even once in our lives eh...

noorseeker
10-05-2008, 07:12 AM
I love that

sabash
07-17-2010, 11:58 PM
I LOVE this incident. Recently came across the video (lecture) about Repentence on youtube and this incident was mentioned. It just moved me and I cried and cried.

A young 16 year old - so much regret/repentance - Prophet (PBUH) perfomed his janaza salah - angels surrounding him .. subhanallah. What more can a true believer desire???

on youtube the keywords for the video/lecture are "lower your gaze - an amazing story"

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.