/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My Hypothetical Scenario

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2008, 11:39 PM
Imagine for a moment that you are 22 years old. You are south african, with black skin, living in the heat of the desert, you have gone through life in utmost poverty. You have the bare minimum necessities... yet you've made it through life right through to becoming 22.

you have never once indulged in a luxurious life style, any happiness has been baught on by what nature and people have offered...

imagine you KNOW of the outside world. you hear of people who never starve.. who eat such great delicacies regularly, who are indulging in theatrical treats every single day.

How Do You FEEL?
HOW is your FAITH in GOD? <-- my main question

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
transition?
10-04-2008, 11:51 PM
:sl:

I think nothing of it. It has been said that on the Day of Judgement Allah (swt) takes the man who has suffered the most and puts him for a mere moment and Paradise. And asks how how much he has suffered and the man practically says he has suffered nothing.

And Everything on this Earth will Perish anyways. And when you die, you'll only have your good deeds. Almost everything on this Earth has a curse.

Life is a test. God favors some men with wealth, so that they may be grateful. For those others, they shall be grateful for they have. For those who have hardship, it is a test if they turn to only Allah (Swt) for Guidance and help. If they feel any jealousy they should look to those who have less than them. Look the nonbelievers who have not been chosen as Muslims. Who will live as if they are spiritually dead.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-04-2008, 11:54 PM
^ hmm as a young african adult i doubt he would have any knowledge of much of that living in the desert, in continuous manual labour.

My Answer: I would probably live every day as it passes thinking nothing much, just wondering how comes im here... coming to teh conclusion its for nothing yet not fully being educated on it... i would probably believe in God, as its the most common belief. the most sensical way... the most logical. i'd probably be happy, honestly... probably be happy...

transition?
10-05-2008, 12:01 AM

my family is from a small village in India. Only half of my extended family chose to move here. My uncle is a surgeon there. He gets little money, for all he does. But he is so happy.
My family there still gets water from this pipe and they still wash their clothes on rocks. Droughts are harsh, water is difficult to get. epidemics, dirt roads, farm life...etc.
One morning, I was helping my uncle get water from the local water supply. And there was little available. I guess he could read it in my eyes, that I always wondered why we wouldn't come and live here with us.
He said, " you think America is better because it has materials. But, niece, when we die none of this matters. Life is so short. All the wealth of America will go away. but what we do on Earth with what we have alway matters, no matter how much we have. "

Wealth in the outside world has done nothing but corrupt people. The purpose of wealth is to invest it for good things, so one may acquire good deeds. They indulge themselves. This 22 yr old man should have pity on such souls. Their souls are rotting from weak iman! No worldly matter will ever satisfy man.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2008, 12:09 AM
^ what a brilliant post...

abdunnur
10-05-2008, 12:11 AM
You are absolutely right! There is no too much faith when 1 muslim has more than enough, and other has almoust nothing. Allah gave enough food to Earth for all people, and made some people rich -too see how will they treat poor people. Some rich muslims can not understand that they are owner of nothing. Allah is Owner of all. In my country( lot of poor people exist) i know rich muslims who from time to time give a coin to a poor man and think - they will deserve jannah.
We can speak about Allah, about islam, all our life, but every day, after speak, some muslims back to home and dont know what to eat. It is reality of -good muslims society! Some rich people and states do something and said: we done it. But problem still exist. I can imagine what you wrote, what is muslim who can not imagine problem of other muslims, and other people?
I dont care if somebody will be angry for me, but i say: christians is better than us very often. Lot of them make effort to feed people. We have no strategy about it. -We are muslims who speak about hadith, tell to each other " Allah is enough for you", and after all, somebody drop food in dustbin, and somebody -dreams about food in dustbin!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2008, 12:15 AM
another brilliant post.. jazakAllaah khair

noorseeker
10-05-2008, 07:10 AM
I would fear that wealth would change me , and affect my imaan

BNDGR
10-05-2008, 07:36 AM
Asalam aliakum,
Allah chalenges us all in many different ways in our lives, for this brother it is his struggle with poverty, for others it is struggles of different sorts. We can choose to put our faith in Allah and know that he will carry us thru in his way, or we can go astray and forsake him saying that where is he during our stuggles??
He is always there though, we need to just call on him and he will pull us thru, not always the exact way that we would want but he knows what is best for us, and will never let us down.
Our tests in life make us stronger, even when we are at our darkest times Allah is always there for us.
On judgment day our struggles will not matter, it is how we have lived our lives and our good deeds that we will have to show.

.: Jannati :.
10-05-2008, 08:34 AM

Worldy Possessions are Temporary..

We are but Travelers here..

Our real homes are in Jannah

We've just got to attain it through this world Insha'Allah

May Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'3la bless us with this ultimate success. Aameen!

Sahabiyaat
10-05-2008, 05:34 PM
people who are like that are actually stronger in faith than those who live in luxury, they are in distress and discomfot nearly all the time, they invoke Allah often and rely on him and are more grateful for the little they have...

IbnAbdulHakim
10-05-2008, 05:51 PM
^ yeh kinda like the way we feel afta a whole day of fasting right?

after all the yearning when you finally get it, the gratitude is too much and before that can you help but be patient?

barney
10-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Imagining myself as someone who beleives in God for a moment, I would be listening avidly to the idea that the rich were going to be punished in accordance with their wealth and that my suffering meant that, I would have a greater reward, after I was dead.
That idea would simultaniously offer justice and hope for the future. Without that idea I would wonder why God was causing people like me to suffer like that.

Outside this imaginary situation as a theist, I would remain without faith in God, and instead of putting the responsibility for my life on such a being, I would go and earn enough money to educate myself in the hope of bettering myself.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.