/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I don't know how to act around my friends

transition?
10-06-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't know how to act around my friends anymore.
I get sad when I see them. I just can't accept how shallow they are. They goof around and are only serious about things that pertain to them. They don't care about current events or truth, We never have some mode of intellectual discussions. My friends are part of the top 10% in my school, some of the smartest. But when I see them, they are such a waste of intelligence. A few weeks ago, they all drank kamaar, alcohol, stealing from one person's parents stash. They sat there complaining about how they were the greatest and deserved everything. They are so egotistical. They are only happy and kind when everything is going well for them. But when things go bad, which they occasionally do, they act rude and backbite. They are the kind of two-faced people. In fact, each of them have backbited to me about the other several times. I don't know what kind of friendship they have.
Eww, they're conversations are always about perverted things. It's absolutely ridiculous. They sensationalize everything bad. They have led such priveleged life they take serious issues as jokes. It just makes me so mad because I absolutely expected for things from them.
These are the only people I see in my classes. in school, I see no Muslims in my classes.
And sometimes, I fall prey to their immaturity. They are such a bad influence. All non-Muslims. I don't know what to do. They just make me mad everytime I see them.
I'm trying my best to keep to myself.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-06-2008, 06:58 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

Uhkti can I ask why are you still friends with them? You must understand that friends have a big influence on how you behave! So if u can't change the way they are by speaking to them or any other way, then do not hang around with them!

By how you describe them, they seem pretty bad. These are not the kind of people you want to be seen with!

kwolney01
10-06-2008, 07:08 PM
You shouldn't continue to hang out with people that are going to tempt you into doing something that is forbidden. It must be hard knowing that they act like that, and I'm sure you want to help them. They can only help themselves, if they are all acting like that then it would be hard to get through to them all. You could try to talk some sense into them, but I'm not sure that would work sense they are all doing the same things. Try to distance yourself from them as much as possible and let them know you will not continue to be friends with people who do those kinds of things.
I wish you all the best sister.
Salaams

Ashjan95
10-06-2008, 07:14 PM

Hey sis wat my bro Mikayeel has been saying is abosloutily right hun thats wat u should do leave them and if they ask u y have u left them tell them everything u have just told us dont just sit around and let them bother u serouisly friends come and go so get this advice from us and do wats right for u hun :D

:w::thumbs_up

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Ruler
10-06-2008, 07:18 PM
To tell someone to stop being fiends with their friends is easier said than done.

I have friends who are similar to yours though they backbite much, much less than typical teenagers do. None of them drink or anything... But as you mentioned, they sensationalize things. (Although I find it rather amusing how their mind seems to work things so fast regarding sex and stuff...) They understand the fact that I have an 'innocent' mind and I told them not to tarnish it with their sickening knowledge. They understand... That's why they're amazing. =]

transition?
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
I've grown up with my friends since junior high, some of them since elementary school. They were never like this. We've always been the nerds. Straight A students. No discipline/behavior problems. Always trying hard in school. Sometimes they joke, but it was obvious that it was all talk. But slowly they're being corrupted. This was never an issue before. They are always kind and courteous, that's still not a problem. but there's that phrase: thoughts become words. Words become actions. Action becomes habit. Habit into personality."

My friends are best the school has to offer, probably the most innocent =S. the alcohol thing was their first time. I know a few wont do it again. but I fear for them in college =/. If I don't have them, then I have anybody. There's no possible way, you can go through school without any support and connections =/.

I guess I'll have to suck it up. Distance myself gradually. and by then the year is over.

Thank you for the advice everyone!

I agree, getting rid of friends is better said than done lol.

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2008, 10:17 PM
sounds like a bad crew

hmm try your best to guide em and pray 4 em, DONT GET INFLUENCED BY EM !

all the best!

having friends is so over-rated for real :p

ayan333
10-06-2008, 10:19 PM

stay away..far away..

nt make it too obvious...dnt be rude but stay away as much as possible

thats wut i did

i made the "transition" this year Alhamdulilah

transition?
10-06-2008, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

stay away..far away..

nt make it too obvious...dnt be rude but stay away as much as possible

thats wut i did

i made the "transition" this year Alhamdulilah

:D yay transition! Yes I do get this thrill whenever uses it

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
sounds like a bad crew

hmm try your best to guide em and pray 4 em, DONT GET INFLUENCED BY EM !

all the best!

having friends is so over-rated for real :p
lol so true. well some of them. Unless your friends are this century's Abu Bakr's.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.