/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Oh no it's happening again!!

Tanya Khan
10-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm so worried sick about myself. I find myselk in the same position every year, going through depression. I remember starting a thread last year called, 'I'm so depressed' and now I'm the same this year. I remember how hard it was to think positive, to pray, and to wait for Allah Ta'ala's help.

It was hard because I was so impatient, and I never got rid of that impatience :(

Can someone please help to find a solution to this on-going problem. It's very frustrating and I find myself very angry and short-tempered. :cry:

How do i learn to have patience? How do I learn to wait for Allah Ta'la's help instead of moaning all the time and complaining, crying so much and not listening to anyone. Pls help. :cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-06-2008, 06:52 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

alcurad
10-06-2008, 09:27 PM
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-over-Depr...-As-a-Teenager

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
well do eeevery act of worship slowly.

when you pray, take your sweet time to say eevery syllable, when you help someone and do a charitable act do it to the best. When you make dhikr say every word clearly and beautifully, rush NOTHING.

try it

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ayan333
10-06-2008, 09:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
well do eeevery act of worship slowly.

when you pray, take your sweet time to say eevery syllable, when you help someone and do a charitable act do it to the best. When you make dhikr say every word clearly and beautifully, rush NOTHING.

try it

Dunya is so demanding (School n work..we all need to take you advice,JazakALLAG Khair

:w:

zircon
10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Salam Alaikum,
i'm sure all of us have those days of down-feelings.. the same case with me.
lets try to maintain doing small deeds but on daily basis..
like reading Qur'an one page per day.
inshaAllah things will be alright. about being short-tempered,
i've had the same problem before. but i learnt that i can always encounter my anger with something better:- you can't do dhikr or salawat or read quranic verses while cursing/shouting to others at the same time right?. so that's my trick :)
all the best inshaAllah :-)

Sahabiyaat
10-09-2008, 06:18 PM
do mind telling the exact problem?

Ansariyah
10-10-2008, 06:21 PM
wat is depressin u sis?

transition?
10-10-2008, 06:26 PM
Allah (swt) is with the Steadfast. Allah (swt) has given humans intellect so they may use it to submit to Allah (swt). Allah (swt) let's keeps your beating so may get another chance. So ask for forgiveness and begin again, Allah (swt) is Most Merciful, so do not despair. But this time, grasp onto your faith. No excuses.
I found this in someone's sig
And Seek (Allah's) help
with Sabr (patience) and Salat (prayers): it is indeed hard, except to those who
are humble" (Qur'an Al-Baqara 2:45)

seeker-of-light
10-11-2008, 10:02 PM
yes i know it is difficult when i feel frustrated and annoyed with my life. i feel like i am trapped in a single moment and nothing i do can take away the suffering. i am not sure what to tell you to do though people tell me to relax but i try to and yet i cant get that uneasy feeling out of my mind. someone might want to try helping me too hehe^^

AntiKarateKid
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
I'm so worried sick about myself. I find myselk in the same position every year, going through depression. I remember starting a thread last year called, 'I'm so depressed' and now I'm the same this year. I remember how hard it was to think positive, to pray, and to wait for Allah Ta'ala's help.

It was hard because I was so impatient, and I never got rid of that impatience :(

Can someone please help to find a solution to this on-going problem. It's very frustrating and I find myself very angry and short-tempered. :cry:

How do i learn to have patience? How do I learn to wait for Allah Ta'la's help instead of moaning all the time and complaining, crying so much and not listening to anyone. Pls help. :cry:

Ah yes, depression. I remember when I used to be depressed all the time up till highschool. I had no friends, was not a practicing Muslim, and basically was grim and cynical.

When I starting becoming more religious, I started to realize things that would change how I thought of myself. Allah opened up the world to me and taught me that there is justice in the world, that every act of kindness counts, that a pious man with nothing is better than the most glorious kuffar with everything.

Think about the fact that when creating you, Allah had a purpose. Know that all you have to do is try your hardest to be good and hard working. Dont forget that those are the only things that matter in the world and then everything falls into place. Above all remember, you are a Muslim, a human being with soul and purpose, so get off the computer and find your place in life and give thanks to Allah that he has given you this chance to live and succeed!

There is immortality in everything we do. Make sue you do what is right.

Ayesha Rana
10-11-2008, 10:15 PM
it used to make me really mad when people told me to relax when i was clearly unable to though Alhamdulillah i've found a solution. See the best way of solving a problem, through trial and error on my behalf is to get down on the floor with your forhead against the ground and just beg God to help you see where you have gone wrong and make it easier for you to please Him and then let the problem go. yeah it might sound impossible but trust me it isn't, even if you're full up to your neck. just remember that Allah can solve it all. let Him lift it out of you and ask Him for Jannah and His pleasure and all the beautiful things you want and don't puzzle over your problems cos He can solve them even before you raise your head from the ground. you just have to trust Him.

i found if difficult at first cos i had this daft notion that my problems were up to me to solve on my own cos they were my problems. But it finally occurred to me that if a child can run to his mummy then i can run to Allah. And who is there better than Allah? The more you trust Him the safer you feel and your problems will dissolve into insignificant nothingness. And Allah knows best

The Khan
10-11-2008, 11:29 PM

From a purely medical point of view:

I have Asperger syndrome, and depression is a part of it. I consume one tablespoon of roasted flax seeds (flax seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, the most natural and powerful anti depressant) everyday. Edible Linseed oil, which is also derived from flaxseeds, is much higher in these fatty acids. In addition, fish oil is the next best source. If flax seeds are unavailable (unlikely), then fish oil most definitely will be. Trust me, it works, very very well. I have suffered from depression until I started consuming this gift from Allah (SWT). 8% of our brain is made out of Omega 3 fatty acids.

A study in New Zealand and Japan discovered that although the suicide rate in Japan (mostly due to financial problems) is high, the depression rate (0.6%) is low. In New Zealand, the depression rate is high (11-20%), but the suicide rate is low due to low work pressure. Stress is an important factor, Salah is the best cure for stress. When it comes to the fatty acids, Japan consumes more than the rest of the world, as fish is the staple meat.

Most importantly, Allah (SWT) is the only psychologist you can trust.

A good diet and seeking Allah's (SWT) help while being obedient to him is all you need.

Ushae
10-13-2008, 11:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan

From a purely medical point of view:

I have Asperger syndrome, and depression is a part of it. I consume one tablespoon of roasted flax seeds (flax seeds are rich in Omega 3 fatty acids, the most natural and powerful anti depressant) everyday. Edible Linseed oil, which is also derived from flaxseeds, is much higher in these fatty acids. In addition, fish oil is the next best source. If flax seeds are unavailable (unlikely), then fish oil most definitely will be. Trust me, it works, very very well. I have suffered from depression until I started consuming this gift from Allah (SWT). 8% of our brain is made out of Omega 3 fatty acids.

A study in New Zealand and Japan discovered that although the suicide rate in Japan (mostly due to financial problems) is high, the depression rate (0.6%) is low. In New Zealand, the depression rate is high (11-20%), but the suicide rate is low due to low work pressure. Stress is an important factor, Salah is the best cure for stress. When it comes to the fatty acids, Japan consumes more than the rest of the world, as fish is the staple meat.

Most importantly, Allah (SWT) is the only psychologist you can trust.

A good diet and seeking Allah's (SWT) help while being obedient to him is all you need.

I'm in Medical Research myself and have done some digging around on depression. Honestly, Salat is the best and most relaxing thing any muslim (or anyone for that matter) can do to alleviate stress and depression.

Taking anti-depressants isn't a clear cut solution in my opinion, even if you took the most powerful anti-depressant avaialble, like cymbalta, they won't take you worries away. It's a combination of personality and external pressure (usually the latter).

Have faith in Allah, and do something to occupy yourself Tanya. Personally I like to listent to music and watch movies occasionally. Do something that relaxes you regulary.

The Khan
10-13-2008, 06:35 PM
Akhee, Omega 3 fatty acids are 100% natural and good for one's health.

http://www.-----------------------/scientific_71.html

Anything you catch in the sea is lawful for you, and all food from it, for your enjoyment and that of travellers… (Qur'an, 5:96)
The Benefits of Omega-3 in Fish Oil

There are two kinds of unsaturated fatty acid in fish oil which are particularly important for our health: EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid). EPA and DHA are known as polyunsaturated fats and contain the important omega-3 fatty acids. Since the fatty acids omega-3 and omega-6 are not manufactured in the human body, they need to be taken in from the outside.

There is a large body of evidence relating to the benefits to human health of fish oil, the actual benefit stemming from its omega-3 fatty acid content. Despite being present in vegetable oils, these omega-3 fatty acids are less effective in relation to human health. However, marine plankton is very effective at turning omega-3 into EPA and DHA. When fish eat plankton, their constitution becomes much richer in EPA and DHA. That, in turn, makes fish one of the richest sources of these vitally important fatty acids.

Vital Benefits of the Fatty Acids Found in Fish

One of the main features of the fatty acids in fish is the contribution they make to the body's energy production. These fatty acids carry out electron transfers by attaching themselves to oxygen in the body and permit energy to be produced for various chemical processes within it. There is therefore considerable evidence that a diet rich in fish oil helps combat fatigue and increases mental and physical capacity. Omega-3 increases the individual's powers of concentration as much as it does his or her energy levels. There is a scientific foundation to the old saying "fish is good for the brain": The main compound in brain fat is DHA, which contains omega-3 fatty acids.

The Importance of Fish for a Healthy Heart and Arteries

The omega-3 fatty acid in fish is acknowledged to protect against cardiovascular disease by reducing blood pressure and the cholesterol and triglyceride in the blood.125 Triglyceride is a form of fat and resembles LDL (bad cholesterol) which is high in fat and low in protein content. A raised triglyceride level, especially together with high cholesterol, increases the risk of heart disease. In addition, fish oils reduce life-threatening post-heart attack abnormal heart rhythms.

In one study by the American Medical Association, it was observed that heart attack levels in women eating five portions of fish a week fell by one-third. This is thought to stem from the omega-3 fatty acids in fish oil causing less blood clotting. The normal speed of blood in our veins is 60 kmph (37.3 mph) and it is of vital importance for the blood to be of the right viscosity and for the density, quantity and speed to be at normal levels. The worst danger for our blood-apart from normal conditions of bleeding-is for it to clot and lose the ability to flow properly. Fish oils are also effective in reducing blood clotting by preventing the thrombocytes in the blood (blood platelets that concentrate the blood in the event of bleeding) from adhering to one another. Otherwise, blood thickening can lead to narrowing of the arteries. In turn, this can lead to many organs in the body-especially the heart, brain, eyes and kidneys-receiving an inadequate blood supply, function deceleration and eventually, loss of function. For example, when an artery is totally blocked on account of clotting this can lead to heart attack, paralysis or other disorders, depending on the location of the artery.

Omega-3 fatty acids also play an important role in the production of the molecule haemoglobin, that carries oxygen in the red blood cells, and in controlling the nutrients passing through the cell membrane. They also prevent the damaging effects of fats harmful to the body.

MO783
10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Salam,

Just pray and make dua, Inshallah things will get better.

AvarAllahNoor
10-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Don't depend on medication. They say Johns Wort which can be purchased from Holands and Barrats is more beneficial for cases of depression. It's a herbal remedy. Try that. Don't worry over other things, Allah knows the plan, you just try to work around it.

Ayesha Rana
10-14-2008, 07:22 PM
And turn to Him. Allah tests so we will turn to Him so go ahead sis because there is no harm in it. Just joy, satisfction and relief

And yeah watch out for medicined and their side effects lol. Allah created a cure for everything and it's cure is not in something that is hrmful so don't go for drugs if u can help it Insha'Allah

The Khan
10-14-2008, 07:53 PM
And the cure that Allah (SWT) created for depression is... Omega 3 fatty acids.

Potatoes and Bananas are also good, although not all that great when compared to Omega 3 fatty acids. Flax seeds and Fish, nothing beats both.

Personally, I consider depression (all types, dysthymia and clinical) as a result of Omega 3 fatty acid deficiency. Unfortunately, the food pyramid (which I heavily criticise) has no recommendation for fatty acids.

I recall a study indicating that schizophrenia rates are extremely low in polynesian countries due to their diet, which is free from gluten, and high in fish intake.

Anti-depressants, in some cases, cause PSSD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_SS...al_Dysfunction

It can also occur with anti-psychotics.

Tanya Khan
10-17-2008, 02:16 PM
And the cure that Allah (SWT) created for depression is... Omega 3 fatty acids.

Potatoes and Bananas are also good, although not all that great when compared to Omega 3 fatty acids. Flax seeds and Fish, nothing beats both.

Personally, I consider depression (all types, dysthymia and clinical) as a result of Omega 3 fatty acid deficiency. Unfortunately, the food pyramid (which I heavily criticise) has no recommendation for fatty acids.

I recall a study indicating that schizophrenia rates are extremely low in polynesian countries due to their diet, which is free from gluten, and high in fish intake.

Anti-depressants, in some cases, cause PSSD. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post_SS...al_Dysfunction

It can also occur with anti-psychotics.

I have absolutely no appetite, I've lost so much weight due to depression, I can't eat anything, I try but I feel sick. :cry:

Tanya Khan
10-17-2008, 02:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ayesha Rana
And turn to Him. Allah tests so we will turn to Him so go ahead sis because there is no harm in it. Just joy, satisfction and relief
And yeah watch out for medicined and their side effects lol. Allah created a cure for everything and it's cure is not in something that is hrmful so don't go for drugs if u can help it Insha'Allah

Thank you for replying. I wish I had the patience to wait for the light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like no matter how much I explain how I feel when I say I'm impatient, no one will uinderstand.

Tanya Khan
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
:cry:
When I'm at work, I can't concentrate. I have no noor left on my face, everyone tells me I look really bad and my face looks like a mouse because I've lost so much weight. I want to eat, but I throw it up. I even get angry at people for asking me if I'm ok, if they need to ask me something to do with work or they are just trying to be nice. I get so angry and I just want them to leave me alone. When I'm depressed I can't be around people, it feels like having so many people around you, but you still feel like the loneliest girl in the crowd, no one there. :(

I even get very angry when someone looks at me, even if it's a girl I get so so angry. What's wrong with me, why have I got so much anger in me? :cry:

I know 110% Allah Ta'ala's help will come, then why do I feel so empty, so negative, so out of place and so uneasy and extremely impatient?

I can't tell you exactly what the problem is regarding this depression, lets just say it's to do with a guy who is not in my life anymore. :cry:

Ushae
10-17-2008, 02:29 PM
Salaam Tanya,

I may be able to help, or at the very least share my experience with depression. Would you mind telling me what exactly is depressing you and what's causing it. You mentioned that you are having some serious eating problems too. I'm taking a wild guess here and think that you feel nauseated whenever you smell food ? You've lost a lot of weight too ?

Are you having problems at home, with family ? School/Work ? Someone you love is giving you a hard time ? Or simply life itself letting you down, making you feel like nothing is worth the effort ?

I'm assuming you are trying your best to pray namaz too and finding it difficult to find peace ?

Please do reply, would love to help if I can.
Usman

Tanya Khan
10-17-2008, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ushae
Salaam Tanya,

I may be able to help, or at the very least share my experience with depression. Would you mind telling me what exactly is depressing you and what's causing it. You mentioned that you are having some serious eating problems too. I'm taking a wild guess here and think that you feel nauseated whenever you smell food ? You've lost a lot of weight too ?

Are you having problems at home, with family ? School/Work ? Someone you love is giving you a hard time ? Or simply life itself letting you down, making you feel like nothing is worth the effort ?
I'm assuming you are trying your best to pray namaz too and finding it difficult to find peace ?

Please do reply, would love to help if I can.
Usman
:sl: bro thanks for replying.

It's most of the above, but the main reason is because I can't move on from someone I love so much. It happens every year, I fall in love (something you can't really help) and my heart gets broken. It's always me and not them, why is it always happening to me? :cry:

I know it's haram, I know we are most probably not meant to be, then why can I not let him go? Why am I crying over him and hurting over him like he is the be all and end all? I'm so angry and frustrated of trying to get over him. I'm getting on a bit now and I still don't learn from my mistakes.

Ushae
10-17-2008, 02:57 PM
Who broke up with who ? May I ask why the relationship ended ?

Yes it is wrong from a certain point of view, but don't beat yourself over it. Falling in love is a capacity Allah has given to us.

But ask yourself this question was it really love, or simply lust, maybe both ? In my opinion love is the pain a mother bears for her children to protect them, a husband that fills his wife's car with petrol before she has to take the kids the next morning, praying for the dead and the ones you love. These things are love in my opinion. I'm sure many people with agree with me in this regard.

I'm not implying that you weren't in love, merely that it is far better to shed tears and suffer now in small doses than to live the rest of your life in misery. We all learn from our mistakes. By going through these pains now Allah will educate you in securing a better, more rewarding and more loving husband in the future. I know it's really difficult to see what the benefit would be from all the pain, anxiety and depression you're going through right now, but in due time Allah rewards all. You probably cannot think, eat, work, sleep even pray without thinking about it, am I correct ? I know what you are going thorugh, the females here will know even better than I, and it will pass eventually.. Keep a strong, resolute heart and keep reminding yourself that you will meet a perfect partner eventually. Maintain your prayers (as many as you can) and never forget to ask him to guide you to the right one.

Do not be disheartened, stay happy ! =)

Fee Iman Allah,
Usman

Tanya Khan
10-17-2008, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ushae
Who broke up with who ? May I ask why the relationship ended ?

Yes it is wrong from a certain point of view, but don't beat yourself over it. Falling in love is a capacity Allah has given to us.

But ask yourself this question was it really love, or simply lust, maybe both ? In my opinion love is the pain a mother bears for her children to protect them, a husband that fills his wife's car with petrol before she has to take the kids the next morning, praying for the dead and the ones you love. These things are love in my opinion. I'm sure many people with agree with me in this regard.

I'm not implying that you weren't in love, merely that it is far better to shed tears and suffer now in small doses than to live the rest of your life in misery. We all learn from our mistakes. By going through these pains now Allah will educate you in securing a better, more rewarding and more loving husband in the future. I know it's really difficult to see what the benefit would be from all the pain, anxiety and depression you're going through right now, but in due time Allah rewards all. You probably cannot think, eat, work, sleep even pray without thinking about it, am I correct ? I know what you are going thorugh, the females here will know even better than I, and it will pass eventually.. Keep a strong, resolute heart and keep reminding yourself that you will meet a perfect partner eventually. Maintain your prayers (as many as you can) and never forget to ask him to guide you to the right one.

Do not be disheartened, stay happy ! =)

Fee Iman Allah,
Usman

No one really ended it, we just drifted apart and he stopped calling, then I stopped and thought to myelf, "why am I making all the effort, it works both ways'. So I stopped calling him in the hope that he'd start missing me and he'd call. But no, he didn't call, he sent a text saying, "why haven't you called".

If he really wanted to speak to me, he would have called. I spoke to him and he said I don't call him, and that he doesn't know what I'm up to these days or who I'm 'rolling with'. I said to him (not in an argumentative way), "if you want to speak to me, why do u wait around for me call , why don't you just pick up the phone and call me? And he just started huffing and puffing and cut the phone off.

I promised myself I wouldn't call him and do the 'chase' because, to him, it's all about taking and not giving. I have also been suspecting for a long time that he has found someone else. Usually when a guy loses interest they stop calling, and he has done exactly that. I really don't know what else it could be.

And even though I promised myself I wouldn't call him, I keep doing it, I'm so impatient and it's so obvious he's not interested anymore. It kills because we were so good together, we got on like a house on fire and all of a sudden he goes quiet on me, leaving cold and alone. I'm too weak, when I realise he hasn't called for so long I cry and I start dialling his number and at times he doesn't even answer or he tells me he's busy. :(

Ushae
10-17-2008, 03:51 PM
So let me get this straight, you guys were getting along really well and then he suddenly stopped calling you ?

Have you considered that he is going through a difficult time ? Maybe his relative passed and you didn't know about it ? He's got studies/work that's pushing him to his limits ? OR (my least favourite possibility) he has found someone else. It could either one of these..

1. Maybe he really is having a rough time and simply expected you to be there for him ? And when you didn't call him he felt hurt and most likely promised himself the exact saem thing you did. 'I won't call her unless he calls me'. One small thing led to another and you've both grown apart because they piled up.

2. He really is cheating on you (well technically he isn't you aren't betrothed to him..but you get the idea :)) and he was tempted by someone else. I which case, I'd have to say it's a good thing. He's shown you his true colours and how loyal he would have been had you gone the full distance with him ? Right ? Imagine of this happened while you were married ? Maybe this was Allahs way of protecting you ?

Keep your Dua's consistent, Allah will show you a way out I'm sure. I will try to help where I can.

Allah Hafis,
Usman

Faseeha
10-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Have you considered that he is going through a difficult time ? Maybe his relative passed and you didn't know about it ? He's got studies/work that's pushing him to his limits ?
Maybe he's just being a typical guy, got bored and lost interest and so went to find a new challenge.

I know it isn't easy but you should try your best to move on with your life, and just let him go.

Ushae
10-17-2008, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim
Maybe he's just being a typical guy, got bored and lost interest and so went to find a new challenge.

I know it isn't easy but you should try your best to move on with your life, and just let him go.
Yes this could be true, I'm just considering all possibilities first.
Don't want to light my pitchfork and start a angry mob just yet ^^

Like I said earlier, if he has betrayed then it's his loss not yours Tanya..

Time heals all wounds.
My Dua's are with you.
Usman

The Khan
10-18-2008, 09:33 AM
I have absolutely no appetite, I've lost so much weight due to depression, I can't eat anything, I try but I feel sick. :cry:
Buy fish oil capsules, consume 3 or 4 with water. You'll notice your depression will disappear after 2 days. Continue having 2 a day for the rest of your life. Don't ever consume more than 3.

Or, purchase a packet of flax seeds, crush them in a mixer into powder, mix one tablespoon (not more) with water, and drink up. Or, buy edible linseed oil, and consume 1/2 a tablespoon of it.

Trust me, 2 days, a maximum of 3 days is all it takes for your depression to completely disappear.

After that, you won't feel depressed even if you want to. :)

Love is a condition that happens to everyone. Depression is a condition which happens due to a deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids.

I have Asperger syndrome, Okhee. When I fall in love, it is a million times more difficult for me to talk to the girl for many months. When I did do so, I always screwed up. Then, the month long suicidal depression occured. The third time I fell in love, I was consuming omega 3 fatty acids on a daily basis, and felt nothing when I was rejected. In fact, I was glad that I was no longer imprisoned by this condition known as love. ^_^

Tanya Khan
10-20-2008, 10:51 AM
Buy fish oil capsules, consume 3 or 4 with water. You'll notice your depression will disappear after 2 days. Continue having 2 a day for the rest of your life. Don't ever consume more than 3.

Or, purchase a packet of flax seeds, crush them in a mixer into powder, mix one tablespoon (not more) with water, and drink up. Or, buy edible linseed oil, and consume 1/2 a tablespoon of it.

Trust me, 2 days, a maximum of 3 days is all it takes for your depression to completely disappear.

Love is a condition that happens to everyone. Depression is a condition which happens due to a deficiency of omega 3 fatty acids.

I have Asperger syndrome, Okhee. When I fall in love, it is a million times more difficult for me to talk to the girl for many months. When I did do so, I always screwed up. Then, the month long suicidal depression occured. The third time I fell in love, I was consuming omega 3 fatty acids on a daily basis, and felt nothing when I was rejected. In fact, I was glad that I was no longer imprisoned by this condition known as love. ^_^

I don't think it's that simple. This is depression we're talking about, not a headache. I very much doubt it will go so soon.

Tanya Khan
10-20-2008, 11:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Proudly_Muslim

You're right sister, I have to move on. I will try my best, I have faith in Allah (SWT).

The Khan
10-20-2008, 06:31 PM
Good luck then. I've given my advice. I told you, I had severe depression all my life.

Tanya Khan
10-21-2008, 08:58 AM
Good luck then. I've given my advice. I told you, I had severe depression all my life.

:sl: Thank you for your advice. :)

I will try it and see what happens, it's worth a try, anything for a bit of peace. :D

Tanya Khan
12-24-2008, 11:47 AM

I tried this ^ and guess what? The fish oil didn't work. Forget two days, I am still depressed after two months. But thanks for the advice anyway.

Snowflake
12-24-2008, 05:07 PM
The third time I fell in love, I was consuming omega 3 fatty acids on a daily basis, and felt nothing when I was rejected. In fact, I was glad that I was no longer imprisoned by this condition known as love.
SubhanAllah bro, this made me laugh as it came across a break through/prevention for broken hearts ;D

I'm not saying it can't help depression but believing something will help can also have a placebo effect. Still I'm glad it worked for you. MashaAllah.

piXie
12-24-2008, 06:54 PM

I tried this ^ and guess what? The fish oil didn't work. Forget two days, I am still depressed after two months. But thanks for the advice anyway.
:salamext:

There was much truth in his post. Very broadly, there are two causes for depression.

Internal: Due to a nutritional deficiency in the body or mind. e.g. omega 3 deficiency, low serotonin etc.

External: Due to external factors e.g. someone close to u dying, divorce etc.

Internal Factors cured by: nourishing the body frm the good and wholesome foods on this earth. Our body is made frm this earth so its nourished frm this earth.

External Factors cured by: nourishing the soul through our connection with Allaah :arabic5:. Because our soul came from Him. Most important.

The soul and the body - these are the two (inter-linked) components from which we are made. By taking care of them both we reach maximum health (spiritually and physically - mentally and psycologically)

It is so so important we do this. Because what happens to us when we are going through a difficult time and our connection with Allaah ( our Eemaan - our soul) is weak?

We can't pass our test. We can't handle it. We become very worried, anxious, stressed, emotionally low etc.

And what happens to our body when our mind is in this emotional condition? It uses up nutrients and resources twice and thrice as fast. A worried and anxious mind needs more nutrients and vitamins, because it uses up more vitamins and nutrients.

And if we don't give ourselves the correct vitamins and nutrients and the correct amount, and if we don't tighten our hold on the rope of Allaah (strengthen our connection with Him) we fall into a very low emotional state and won't be able to get back up again. And with the shaytaan already down our backs whispering depressing and negative thoughts to us (his efforts double when he sees us going through a trial because we are weaker then) it doesn't help!

We fall into Gloom Doom Mode

In order to pick ourselves back up again and cure this, we need to:

1. Ask Allaah to help us. That is how a Muslim starts anything they want to or need to do. We need to do du'aa to Allaah that He makes it easy for us and helps us to do that. Do lots of du'aa. And lots of sincere Astaghfaar. I cannot stress enough the importance of Astaghfaar in removing our problems. Allaah will definitely help us and change our situation for the better if we do this. He :arabic2: said He will, and to believe otherwise or be doubtful about what Allaah has said is shirk.

2. Nourish the Body: Eat nutritional foods that lift the mood. This will after sometime or maybe straight away (depending on the severity of the depression and chemical imbalance in the brain) help us to cure our depression.

3. Nourish the soul: Gain Islamic knowledge. Not just reading the Qur'aan without knowing the meaning, or listening to it without understanding it. No. Understand it, do the Tafsir. Join some Islamic classes, listen to some inspiring lectures, achieve something. Learn something. Consistency. Knowledge is POWER. Implement it. It will nourish our soul insha'Allaah and make us into outstanding individuals. Off with the shaytaans head...

n.b. I've put nourishing the body before the nourishment of the soul but that does not mean nourishing the body is more important than nourishing the soul. Because as Muslims, we believe that our soul and Eemaan are more important than our body.

However, if ones depression is due to a chemical imbalance in the brain, then we need to cure that by eating the correct foods. And by doing so, ultimately, we will also be nourishing our soul, because remember, they are both inter-linked (the body and soul/mind).

I hope my post helped and I haven't confused you or anyone else . And Allaah knows best. He Alone grants success, may He help us and give us all health and Eemaan. Aameen.

Tanya Khan
05-13-2009, 03:32 PM
Still struggling and slowly dying with this depression. Nothing got better and nothing will. imsad :cry:

Snowflake
05-13-2009, 03:49 PM
Don't say that sweety. Have you ever considered you might be suffering from the evil eye? It's symptoms are similar to depression and the evil eye is known to cause harm on many levels.

My sincere advice is to consider this and make Ryqyah for yourself or from someone who knows the correct method of doing it.

I found this on al-maghrib forums today. Please use it sis. If it is the evil eye you're suffering from, inshaAllah Allah will cure you.

How To Make Ruqya Water

1. Fill a container or bucket with normal tap or spring water or zamzam water (max recommended size is 5 liters) but not right to the top, but leave some space empty for air (approx. 5cm).

2. Make sincere intention to recite ruqya to treat, jinn possession, magic, evil eye, health problem.

3. Recite the following verses or any verses that you know by heart.

A'uzubillahi minash shaytanir rajeem
Bismillah
Proctive dua from sunnah (optional)
Surah Fatiha x7
2:1-10
2:102 (to treat black magic) x7
2:255-256
2:285-286
3:18-19
7:117-119 (to treat black magic) x7
10:81-82 (to treat black magic) x7
20:65-69 (to treat black magic) x7
Surah Yaseen 36 (Optional)
Surah Dukhaan 44 (optional)
55:33-35
072:1-7
Durood

After reading each surah or set of verses (eg. 10:81-82) dry spit lightly into the water.

The water can be used to drink, or bath in. Some classical scholars like Abdullah ibn Mubarak recommended adding 7 louts leaves (sidr in arabic) when treating magic

Tanya Khan
05-13-2009, 03:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
Don't say that sweety. Have you ever considered you might be suffering from the evil eye? It's symptoms are similar to depression and the evil eye is known to cause harm on many levels.

My sincere advice is to consider this and make Ryqyah for yourself or from someone who knows the correct method of doing it.

I found this on al-maghrib forums today. Please use it sis. If it is the evil eye you're suffering from, inshaAllah Allah will cure you.

How To Make Ruqya Water
I went to have Rukhya done a few months back and he confirmed it was eveil eye. He gave me oils and water and things to put over my body morning and night but to be honest it exhausted me and I couldn't keep up with it. :exhausted

Tanya Khan
05-13-2009, 04:00 PM
1. Fill a container or bucket with normal tap or spring water or zamzam water (max recommended size is 5 liters) but not right to the top, but leave some space empty for air (approx. 5cm).

2. Make sincere intention to recite ruqya to treat, jinn possession, magic, evil eye, health problem.

Bismillah
Surah Fatiha x7
2:1-10 What's that mean?
7:1 whats this?

17-119 (to treat black magic) x7
Surah Yaseen 36 (Optional) - can I read this just once or do I not have to read it at all?
Durood

After reading each surah or set of verses (eg. 10:81-82) dry spit lightly into the water.

The water can be used to drink, or bath in. Some classical scholars like Abdullah ibn Mubarak recommended adding 7 louts leaves (sidr in arabic) when treating magic

Sis, where can I get louts from?

And I HAVE to read everything on the list above?

glo
05-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Still struggling and slowly dying with this depression. Nothing got better and nothing will. imsad :cry:
Oh sis, don't say that!

Have you felt depressed all this time?
Or have you been better inbetween?
Is you depression constant or does in come and go in cycles?

Peace to you

Tanya Khan
05-14-2009, 08:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Oh sis, don't say that!

Have you felt depressed all this time?
Or have you been better inbetween?
Is you depression constant or does in come and go in cycles?

Peace to you
Yes, honestly no lie..... it has been going on for as long as I can remember!!! :exhausted

Ummu Sufyaan
05-14-2009, 08:38 AM
ok sis, have you tried anything practical to get yourself outta this...like maybe taken up a hobby or something..cos sometimes when you do other stuff, it tends to distract you from your problems :)

piXie
05-14-2009, 08:41 AM
I went to have Rukhya done a few months back and he confirmed it was eveil eye. He gave me oils and water and things to put over my body morning and night but to be honest it exhausted me and I couldn't keep up with it. :exhausted

:ermm: I doubt your depression is due to evil eye but perhaps you should see the link in my signature. May Allaah ease your situation.

Tanya Khan
05-14-2009, 10:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

:ermm: I doubt your depression is due to evil eye but perhaps you should see the link in my signature. May Allaah ease your situation.
Alhumdullilah. Thank you I will try that Insha'Allah.

Can I just ask what makes you think it's not the evil eye? :X

Snowflake
05-14-2009, 01:58 PM
I've never heard of doing ruqyah with oils etc. The one I posted is from the Sunnah, so inshaAllah you can do it without any doubt.

2:102 (to treat black magic) x7 Chapter 2: verse 102
2:255-256 - Chapter 2: Verse 255-256
2:285-286 Chapet 2: Verses 285-286
3:18-19: Chapter 3: Verses 18-197

and so on...

Tanya Khan
05-14-2009, 02:32 PM
I've never heard of doing ruqyah with oils etc. The one I posted is from the Sunnah, so inshaAllah you can do it without any doubt.
What if I don't them by heart? Would I have to keep the water next to me, then read for The Qur'an and then blow in the water straight away and drink?

Tanya Khan
05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
So in order is ok to read this...

Bismillah
Surah Fatiha x7

3:18-197:1 whats this?

I took the other bits out coz that was for black magic.

So is the above ok to do?

Snowflake
05-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Yes, to both your posts. If you don't know by heart, you can read from al-Quran inshaAllah. (Not in the bathroom of course.)

For maximum benefit I recommend drinking and bathing with the water. Make sure you use a clean container for the water, as you will be drinking the water from it. Max amount of water is 5 litres which to me doesn't sound enough to have a proper bath with. Therefore you can use normal water to wash with then use the ruqyah water at the end. Make sure it wets your entire body from head to toes.

Originally Posted by piXie

I doubt your depression is due to evil eye but perhaps you should see the link in my signature. May Allaah ease your situation.

Alhumdullilah. Thank you I will try that Insha'Allah.

Can I just ask what makes you think it's not the evil eye?
As for the symptoms of being affected by the evil eye, Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez al-Sadhaan (may Allaah preserve him) said:

If it is not a real sickness, then the symptoms may take the following forms:

Headaches that move from one part of the head to another; yellow pallor in the face; sweating and urinating a great deal; weak appetite; tingling, heat or cold in the limbs; palpitations in the heart; pain in the lower back and shoulders; sadness and anxiety; sleeplessness at night; strong reactions due to abnormal fears; a lot of burping, yawning and sighing; withdrawal and love of solitude; apathy and laziness; a tendency to sleep; health problems with no known medical cause.

These signs or some of them may be present according to the strength of the evil eye or the number of people who put the evil eye on others. End quote.

Al-Ruqyah al-Shar’iyyah (p. 10)

For more information, please see the answer to question no. 240 and 20954

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/125543
A lot of the symptoms mentioned regarding the evil eye are experienced in depression, hence it's worth doing doing ruqyah. Ruqyah is for illness, which again is what depression is. So it's beneficial all the way, inshaAllah.

Abu Sukkar
05-15-2009, 10:09 AM
Surah Fatiha x7
Sorry i aint read the whole thread. Can i ask whats the evidence for doing this?

Why 7?

Tanya Khan
05-15-2009, 10:19 AM

Bismillah
Surah Fatiha x7
7:1 whats this?

17-119 (to treat black magic) x7
Surah Yaseen 36 (Optional) - can I read this just once or do I not have to read it at all?
114Durood

Sis, where can I get louts from?

And I HAVE to read everything on the list above?

Salaam sis these numbers are really confusing me, can u put them into plain english pls?

piXie
05-15-2009, 11:43 AM
:salamext:

That is all true sis scents of Jannah, I agree with you. That's why I linked her to the ruqya shariya network also. But before considering the possibility of evil eye or magic etc, one has to see if they can find a more apparent and likely reason for their depression. Perhaps there is a medical cause for the depression (like a nutritional deficiency), or its because the person is going through a tough time or difficult circumstances and situation. They need to see whether these could be the causes first. This is important.

see here

Can I just ask what makes you think it's not the evil eye? :X
I am not saying it isn't, because I know very little about your situation and circumstances, and it could be the evil eye. But from what you have told us previously, it seems more likely that you are depressed because you have been through a difficult time, and it has drained and tired you into a very low emotional state.

Please read the posts in the link above, if u have not done so already - I've explained it more there.

Snowflake
05-20-2009, 08:21 AM
Ruqyah is for illness too which is what depression is. I would never recommend electric shock therapy, when there are other options available. Especially from the Quran and Sunnah :)

Sis Tanya, the first number are the chapters and the second ones are the verses in those chapters. Let me know if you still didn't understand. How are you btw? :)

piXie
05-20-2009, 09:34 AM
Ruqyah is for illness too which is what depression is. I would never recommend electric shock therapy, when there are other options available. Especially from the Quran and Sunnah :)
Neither would I sis. You've not seen the link.

Tony
05-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Fill your time up, perhaps you could volunteer and maybe a befriending scheme for elderly would be a good idea for you, these people have been through very stressing and depressing times and survived. You will have a greater sense of self fulfillment and you will be gaining closeness to Allah.:D

Snowflake
05-22-2009, 08:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
Neither would I sis. You've not seen the link.
lol ok thats a relief to know sis. Sorry for the confusion (again : \ ) I suddenly feel like having ice-cold ice-cream lol :hmm:

format_quote Originally Posted by TKTony
Fill your time up, perhaps you could volunteer and maybe a befriending scheme for elderly would be a good idea for you, these people have been through very stressing and depressing times and survived. You will have a greater sense of self fulfillment and you will be gaining closeness to Allah.:D
^that is so mashaAllah. May Allah give shifa to sis tanya and others in this situation. Ameen : (

AnonymousPoster
07-28-2009, 09:01 AM
:sl: bro thanks for replying.

It's most of the above, but the main reason is because I can't move on from someone I love so much. It happens every year, I fall in love (something you can't really help) and my heart gets broken. It's always me and not them, why is it always happening to me? :cry:

I know it's haram, I know we are most probably not meant to be, then why can I not let him go? Why am I crying over him and hurting over him like he is the be all and end all? I'm so angry and frustrated of trying to get over him. I'm getting on a bit now and I still don't learn from my mistakes.
If it happens every year, then you are doing something wrong, no? Why get yourself into that situation in the first place? I assume it is a boyfriend/girlfriend situation, which you know full well that it is haraam.

Why do something wrong and then say Allah is being unfair to you? You didn't listen to Him in the first place, so you can't blame Allah if your life gets messed up ukhtee.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.