/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fight between parents

lsn4u
10-06-2008, 10:17 AM
ASAK to all brothers and sisters.
I am deeply troubled and am hoping someone can provide me with a solution Insha Allah. My father does not talk to my mother. They live together but he doesn't talk to her. He is extremely short tempered and gets angry very easily. Occasionally, for no reason, he stops talking to my mother and this goes on for months. The relationship is extremely awkward. I live abroad and so am not around to see this on a day to day basis any longer. Last time I had gone to India, I had spoken to my dad and requested him to stop this. He was ok for a few days but then went back to the same thing. I think there is some misunderstanding and I requested them to talk it out instead of not talking. I am really worried about this and am wondering if any of you have and Duas that I can recite to help bridge this gap between my parents.

Jazak Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
10-06-2008, 10:26 AM
:sl:
very sad to hear about this :(..inshallah they'l be in my duas...have u tried talking to another elder member of the family to try and help them?

lsn4u
10-06-2008, 01:47 PM
thanks.. please do dua for them. there is no elder in the family to talk to them. i will also continue my dua's .

roohani.doctor
10-06-2008, 02:57 PM
aww thats sad....it kills to watch your parents not get along....

you are in my duas..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zahida
10-06-2008, 05:07 PM
:sl: I felt really sad when i read this. I am in similar situation at the moment, and it is hard when children are involved. I really don't know what to say to you. My husband disappears whenever he feels like it comes back when he feels like it. I suppose what i am trying to say is that over time you get accustomed and just carry on with life as best you can, in the meantime hoping/praying for the best. In the end you get fed up and just leave the other person to his/her own devices. This is what i have done and feel that your parents have done the same. As a mother i know how hard it must be for you but unless your parents are willing to change it's like banging your head against a brick wall. I will make dua for them and hope you will do same for me. I have one dua your mum can read all the time, and especially when she is near to your father. "YAWAHDUDOH". I hope this helps. with best wishes.:)
format_quote Originally Posted by lsn4u
ASAK to all brothers and sisters.
I am deeply troubled and am hoping someone can provide me with a solution Insha Allah. My father does not talk to my mother. They live together but he doesn't talk to her. He is extremely short tempered and gets angry very easily. Occasionally, for no reason, he stops talking to my mother and this goes on for months. The relationship is extremely awkward. I live abroad and so am not around to see this on a day to day basis any longer. Last time I had gone to India, I had spoken to my dad and requested him to stop this. He was ok for a few days but then went back to the same thing. I think there is some misunderstanding and I requested them to talk it out instead of not talking. I am really worried about this and am wondering if any of you have and Duas that I can recite to help bridge this gap between my parents.

Jazak Allah

nocturnal
10-07-2008, 02:48 AM
i went through that my whole childhood as well. I honestly don't know what to say. As a result of all that i had to endure, i have nothing but hatred and bitterness towards everyone and everything. When i pray, and make Du'a, i ask Allah to instill in me peace, and a sense of purpose. But the way im going, addicted to pills, etc. I just...i don't know brother, i've gone through that, and still do go through a lot of other issues in life, sometimes you feel like you were born to take all that. The feeling never goes.

Zahida
10-07-2008, 08:39 PM
:sl: Please try not to feel bitter............ bitterness is the cause of many problems.... try to forgive and seek help. Ther are many associations/counselling etc etc available, make use of them and turn your life around. I make dua for you. InshAllah Allah (swt) will bless you with his Rehmat. Ameen:)
format_quote Originally Posted by nocturnal
i went through that my whole childhood as well. I honestly don't know what to say. As a result of all that i had to endure, i have nothing but hatred and bitterness towards everyone and everything. When i pray, and make Du'a, i ask Allah to instill in me peace, and a sense of purpose. But the way im going, addicted to pills, etc. I just...i don't know brother, i've gone through that, and still do go through a lot of other issues in life, sometimes you feel like you were born to take all that. The feeling never goes.

AnonymousPoster
10-07-2008, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: Please try not to feel bitter............ bitterness is the cause of many problems.... try to forgive and seek help. Ther are many associations/counselling etc etc available, make use of them and turn your life around. I make dua for you. InshAllah Allah (swt) will bless you with his Rehmat. Ameen:)

=( sorry to hear this, ..

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.