/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ISlamic Banking

afzalaung
10-06-2008, 05:24 PM
Salaamaleykum,

I am thinking of pursuing studies in Business-Economic & Financing with Major in Islamic Banking. I noticed its a seriously lucrative feild.
But lately I've been receiving negative comments about the field.Some saying 'just another interest-based bank with fancy arab names' and others saying 'playing around the loopholes'.

Any thought?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
10-06-2008, 06:26 PM
:sl:
if it does indeed have the faults that these people are claiming; what's their alternative suggestion? (I bet its khilafah)

if we do not take part in it (Islamic banking) or work for it, refuse to be employed by it, how do we hope to improve it?

So you've got to be in it to see faults and fix anything wrong

:w:

noorseeker
10-06-2008, 06:32 PM
I have major doubts in it,,

I borrow money, i give back what i borrow , simple, interest free

Now wait, whos gona just give me money, no one

aamirsaab
10-07-2008, 09:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by afzalaung
Salaamaleykum,

I am thinking of pursuing studies in Business-Economic & Financing with Major in Islamic Banking. I noticed its a seriously lucrative feild.
But lately I've been receiving negative comments about the field.Some saying 'just another interest-based bank with fancy arab names' and others saying 'playing around the loopholes'.

Any thought?
Oh cool. I'm actually studying business and marketing (similar subject). I'd say go with it. We're always complaining about the lack of halaal variations, and now we have one (the islamic banking system!). Go for it - at the very least, you'll come out with an excellent degree.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.