/* */

PDA

View Full Version : feel ugly

AnonymousPoster
10-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I need some help, i feel so ugly, i dont want to feel like this,
i hate it, it always kills me inside,

When i see someone attractive, i do lower my gaze, but the arrow hits my heart , and i feel envy towards that person, i feel so in adequate with my self.

I honestly dont know how i will get married, i know there are poor people out there who have nothing to eat , i do care , thats why i am angry with my self,

I cant control these thoughts, the only time i have of peace is when i am asleep

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
10-06-2008, 09:02 PM
aw sis ur not ugly, every girl feels ugly , but thats coz she beautiful...nd the ones that see themselves beautiful (on the outside) are them show offy lifeless ones..

Girls are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the
tree. The boys don't want to reach
for the good ones because they are
afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten
apples from the ground that aren't
as good, but easy.So the apples at the
top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one who's brave
enough to climb all the way to the top
of the tree. :)

Mikayeel
10-06-2008, 09:03 PM
:sl:

Thread approved

Hmm you must understand that every person has beauty in them. Its a matter of who will appreciate that beauty in u. Sometimes people do undervalue themselves, everyone does it at times. Being 'pretty' is not everything in this world! I always think of it this way, if u look less attractive u will be less likely to get into zina nd all that dirty business. Am not saying that u are bad looking, am pretty sure u arent, its just that u undervalue ur self!

Trust me beauty is not the only thing that a man/women thinks of when they want to get married. I for one, would rather have a well behaved nd religious women than a pretty one who is over the moon with her looks nd is arrogant! So get that idea out of ur head, that u cnt get married because u think u dnt look as nice as others. If a man/women merely judges u on that, then he aint worth it! AM pretty sure u are a nice person full of good qualities! So inshAllah from now on, stop undervalueing ur self nd b confident about ur self!

InshAllah ur path will be an easy one! Am glad u asked for help :)

:w:

AnonymousPoster
10-06-2008, 09:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

When i see someone attractive, i do lower my gaze, but the arrow hits my heart , and i feel envy towards that person, i feel so in adequate with my self.

I honestly dont know how i will get married, i know there are poor people out there who have nothing to eat , i do care , thats why i am angry with my self,

I cant control these thoughts, the only time i have of peace is when i am asleep
Everyone gets married, everyone is bootiful in wan wai or anuva, yu may not know it, but sum1 out der is destined to be wiv yu, inshaAllaah, all yu have to do is be patient and wait for that spesh sum1 to jump in2 yr life,

n de jealousy thang, tsk tsk tsk,

Wen u see sum1 coote like ya mates, juz sey mashaAllaah, u dun wna jinx em innay,

n dun sleep loads like me, nearly died today, go out for ages have niyc breeze wen u depressed, go drivin or sutin,

and erm... mek dua, is real coolio,

u be ari dun wory

tkr.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-06-2008, 09:05 PM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

AnonymousPoster
10-06-2008, 09:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

wher u jak dis quote frm

No plagiarism, ma teacha sed iz haraam Lol

So erm..wats beholder

Anon500000000

S_87
10-06-2008, 09:07 PM
you are probably paranoid. Stop looking in the mirror. Youre not ugly, you only feel ugly.

Ansariyah
10-06-2008, 09:16 PM
No one is perfect. Allah created u, ru saying that ALlah made a mistake? He DOESNT so say Alhamdulilah.

You shudnt want to be anything but what u are. Because if we all looked the same we wud be soo weird, ur unique so embrace urself girl! why u tripping.;)

chacha_jalebi
10-06-2008, 09:19 PM
sister/brother

i beg you, i beg you, ask your parents about your looks, they will give you the right answer, no one is ugly, Allah (Swt) dont create ugly things, everythin he made is bootiful, and im sure there is millions of people out there who think your gods gift to men/women, so dont worry about marriage, everyone has their own choices! so smile in the mirror and check your smile, everyone who smiles looks nice! also remember looks are just from the outside, the real looks are from inside! so like i said sister, ask your parents about your looks then you will the real answer!

keep smilin!!!

roohani.doctor
10-06-2008, 09:40 PM
aww you shouldnt ever think that, you are you and you are unique and thats wut matters most....just be yourself and love yourself and i;m telling you you'll start feeling better...beauty is only skin deep but wuts inside you is who you are.... if you compare yourself to others, you will never be happy....just learn to love yourself eh.... SMILE and remember looks dont last forever....

ayan333
10-06-2008, 09:42 PM

when u get these thoughts that you are ugly ju sthink that you are insulting ALLAH (SWA)'S creation..maybe that'll help

anywho..al girls feel this way at some point..some more often then others but we al get it so dont worry

when i think im ugly or i complain about something,little or big,i jus think how selfish im being..theres plp out there that have no limbs..that r in war..that have no home..that dnt hav ethe oppurtunities we do so we have no room to complain

your beautiful sis cuz your a Muslim!

so smile and be greatful

Güven
10-06-2008, 09:47 PM
im sure someone on this huge universe is thinking of you :)
great advices tho ( the best one is from bro Ibnabdulhakim ;D )

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Abu Hurayra Radhiallahu Anhu said: "Do not say (to any man), 'May Allah make your face and any face like your face ugly.' Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, created Adam, peace be upon him, in his form* (that He ordained),"

*This means that the face of your father and all human beings is like the face of Adam, peace be upon him. So if you abuse anyone in this way you are actually abusing your ancestors which include Adam, peace be upon him. So when you abuse someone like this it means that you are abusing your forefathers.

-taken from Imam Bukhari's Adhab Al Mufrad

ayan333
10-06-2008, 09:50 PM
no one is physically ugly like the

Abu Hurayra Radhiallahu Anhu said: "Do not say (to any man), 'May Allah make your face and any face like your face ugly.' Allah, the Mighty and Exalted, created Adam, peace be upon him, in his form* (that He ordained),"

*This means that the face of your father and all human beings is like the face of Adam, peace be upon him. So if you abuse anyone in this way you are actually abusing your ancestors which include Adam, peace be upon him. So when you abuse someone like this it means that you are abusing your forefathers.

bush is ugly in his own ways

Mikayeel
10-06-2008, 10:06 PM

Please keep it on topic (helpin the thread opener with his/her dilemma) :)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2008, 10:13 PM
this will make you feel better :D

Media Tags are no longer supported

:D

Güven
10-06-2008, 10:14 PM
please stay ontopic on dont post pictures coughuglycough bush here

or else i have to close this thread ( if i had the powers ) :skeleton:

@t the thread starter , a muslim is not ugly , if you say that than you insult everyone of us here :X

FatimaAsSideqah
10-06-2008, 10:20 PM
Don't be feel so ugly! The Muslim should always be pure of heart and should have a cheerful and friendly face. We should meet people with warmth and smiles. There's no excuse, Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) always had a warm smile on his face even though he went through hardships, torture, and suffering in this life.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-06-2008, 10:30 PM
^ very good point!

@threadstarted dont EVER fall into the whole cosmetic trap! that just makes you uglier in the long run!

its ok to use like cleaning products, cleansers n stuff but over the top make up all the time... that stuff only makes a person uglier.

sooner you feel comfy as yourself sooner you will be happier, COZ YOU AINT UGLY anyone who makes you feel ovawise is the true ugly A$$

AnonymousPoster
10-07-2008, 12:35 AM
Thank you everyone , I didnt expect so many replies, Allahamdulillah, so many caring brothers and sisters on here, i will make dua for each and every one of you.

So many good advice, the thing is i would never call any one ugly,or see ugly in people, i just have this bad habit of mine, i have years of negativity drilled in to my head, it is not nice.

Inshallah i will get better, i hate feeling sorry for my self, i always get told off for thinking this way,

Sorry everyone, i feel so silly now for starting this thread, and sisters , i am a brother,

abdunnur
10-07-2008, 01:21 AM
Only we can get -without money- is " poor advice".
People ( including muslims) one speak, other think, another do.
I had abandon muslims jammat when i sow they have nice words, advices, but nobody to help.
You are male or female, ask to bi in marriage with you somebody of -senders encouraging words! In this time, there is no bigger truth of thruth when muslims use truth in service of lie.
I can tell you next:
I dont know how you look, if i know i will be able to tell you better...
genneraly...some beautifull person never meet happiness, some ugly persons meet happyness. All of us are enough beauty for right person if we find it.
Sometime, our feel make us ugly or beauty, ( secret of some movie acter was -always feel -you are the beautifful)
Love is strange things. Sometime is not important beauty, than faith, soul, behaviouring, spirit..
Pray to Allah to make you enough beauty for person of your life. When you meet person, mirror will sing to your face.
Dear Allah, make happy this person and send to him(her) who will find out she(he) is beauty! Amin .

AnonymousPoster
10-07-2008, 02:10 AM

I honestly don't know how i will get married, i know there are poor people out there who have nothing to eat , i do care , thats why i am angry with my self,

you feel ugly and I actually am ugly with burns and stitch marks all over and I'm still married since 1985 without problem

Intisar
10-07-2008, 04:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

:w: Ferry ferry true bro. beauty is deffo in the eye of beholder. Perhaps you just may be want to live up to Western ideals of beauty? Well if that's the case then know that beauty in the West is all fake.

Every culture has a different ideal for what beautiful is to them. In some South-East Asian cultures very small feet is considered beautiful, in others long necks, pointy noses and very dark skin is considered a very beautiful trait and in others having very long hair is considered beautiful. You get my point.

I'm not saying you shouldn't take care of yourself cause in all honesty whoever tells you that they don't care about their looks is a liar. Take care of yourself but don't be excessive about it, excessiveness is not very encouraged in Islam.

And finally, always make du'a. :)

BNDGR
10-07-2008, 05:12 AM
Asalam alaikum sister,
Like most of the other posters said beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
True beauty comes from your heart and shines from the inside out. Think about this that even if someone has beauty on the outside they might be hard and ugly inside and that will show through. Looks don't make a person complete or happy. Being a new muslim I have met alot of sisters that when I first met them were in full niqab and had face covered I only could see there eyes, but there beauty and strength in thier religion and hearts made them the most beautiful women I have known. MashAllah I wish to be like them, they were beautiful inside and out!
You might not see how others look at you and admire you.
You just have not met that special person to marry, but it will come, have patience and faith.
Take care and keep your head up and your faith strong you are beautiful!:)

Zahida
10-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I agree with everyone that has replied to you........... especially good advice from all. Can i ask you why? Why do you feel this way. What is it about these other people who you see and feel jealous of? Evaluate yourself, seriously get a piece of paper and write down what you like and dislike about yourself. Concentrate more on the areas of like, and see that you can make it better. Then look at your dislikes about yourself, and make them better too. No-one can make you feel good about yourself unless you feel good about yourself first. I am sure that you have many qualities and that does not necessarily mean looks do you understand what i am trying to get at..............?:bump:
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

-taken from Imam Bukhari's Adhab Al Mufrad

Tanya Khan
10-07-2008, 10:05 AM

Tell me something, what makes you think you are ugly? Has someone ever made negative comments about you're looks or do you, yourself just think you are ugly? Be honest. :)

Re.TiReD
10-07-2008, 12:16 PM
:salamext:

You can be the most beautiful of people, but have a nasty, ugly character.

You can be the ugliest of people and have the most beautiful character on earth, you could be the most humble of people and truly blessed by Allah (swt), in which case I wouldnt call you ugly...I'd call you beautiful.

We cant do much about the way we look, (unless you're loaded and can afford surgery - which I wouldnt recomment btw) ... but what we can do is be beautiful in spirit and character.

You're muslim, and you're truly blessed. Whether you feel it or not is a different matter.

Tanya Khan
10-07-2008, 12:31 PM
^ Well said. :)

AnonymousPoster
10-07-2008, 01:54 PM
I think it comes down to my self confidence, i wana be accepted by society i guess,

There are some girls out there that do them selves up and actually want the attention,, what does this tell me, it says that girl has very low self esteem.

Its like i want to be looked at by women, to make my self happy, and i actually try and see of any one is looking at me,. This has got to stop i know, i dont need people to make me happy,

Inshallah i will take it a day at a time, actually today i feel much better.
Im not getting married any time soon, so i think i shouldnt worry about how i look at the minute.

Inshallah, these negative thoughts will disapperar from my mind,

All these thoughts came in to my mind when i started practising 3 years ago,
when i started praying Allahamdullilah , the urge to get married woke up inside of me, it was like a switch went on inside of me,and i got broody aswell :D

I only human i must understand that, i need companionship like any one else

Jazakallah brotheres and sisters , Inshallah,

no more :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: :cry:

and plenty of :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ushae
10-07-2008, 03:33 PM
Feeling Ugly and Looking Ugly are two entirely different things.

In my honest opinon I would rather fall in love with an average looking woman with a great heart than a horrible woman with great looks.

Heart > Looks .. anyday! :D

There is DEFINATELY someone destined for you, never lose hope and don't envy. Whenever you look at someone who is so called 'good-looking' remember one thing, those types of girls will attract the wrong attention 90% of the time, and they usually are very self-centered people.

Ask yourself are you self-centered or humble ? What does Allah like more beauty or compassion ? You ARE beautiful, you just don't know it yet

;)

Woodrow
10-07-2008, 03:54 PM
No human is ugly. But some do have ugly thoughts and attitudes, that is the only ugly any human can be. We are creations of Allaah(swt) and we must all try to live up to our potential beauty. Control the mental aspects of our beauty and the external will fall into place.

On a personal note I am probably as plain/homely looking a man could possibly be. But, in my lifetime 3 wonderfull women saw someting of beauty in me and I was blessed by having had 3 wonderful wives. If any woman was able to find beauty in me, I have no doubt all people will be seen as beautiful to somebody.

Seek to build your inner beauty, it is the only beauty that lasts and the only beauty that matters. Physical attraction is of little importance, once you allow your inner truth to grow and show.

Sahabiyaat
10-07-2008, 04:12 PM
outer beauty is insignificant if it is not matched with inner beauty

the only thing that can make you ugly really, is an ugly charachter :) simple as that, and since you started practising 3 years ago, i'd say if youve worked hard enough, you shud be pretty beautiful by now :D ( your charachter akhee :-[ which like i said beautifies you entirely as a person)

so chin up :D and smile, a smile lights up any face :)

FatimaAsSideqah
10-07-2008, 04:13 PM
Therefore, it is obligatory for us to accept the creation of Allah as it is, not making any alterations to it. More importantly though, it is also obligatory for us to believe that all of Allah's creation is beautiful, because Allah, the Khaaliq (Creator) does not create anything except with beauty and perfection, which is why He says to mankind: You can see no fault in the creation of Ar-Rahmaan [the Most Merciful]. Then look again: Can you see any rifts? Then look - again and yet again, your sight will return to you in a state of humiliation and worn out. [Al-MuIk (67): 3-4].

In Islam, beauty is not just in the eye of the beholder. Beauty is in the whole of creation, because Allah - the One free of all imperfections - is the one responsible for it. And as Allah says: Your Lord creates whatsoever He wills and chooses: no choice have they. SubhaanAllah! And far removed is He from the partners they ascribe [to Him]! [Al-Qasas 28:68].

So it is from the wisdom of Allah that He has chosen to create some of us short, others tall, some fat, some thin, some dark-colored, some light - all are beautiful and perfect in their own right. That is why we are taught from the Sunnah, the beautiful du'aa (supplication) that the Prophet sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam would say: 'O Allah, as You have made my appearance beautiful, likewise make my character beautiful.

Danah
10-07-2008, 04:21 PM
its not what people think of you.....dont care about them
its just what you think of yourself....be satisfied on your own looks that allah grant you with, and you will be the happiest in the world....its the sanctification nothing else
do you think that those how care about their looks to death and go to every beauty center, spending money to have great looks and be attracted to the others from the first look are happy
heck no
they dont live their life as it is, and keep thinking about how to be more attractive in the eyes of the others, worried, think day and night about what they can do in the future when they get old.....actually those to me are lacking the confidence, because they care about the others opinions more than caring about what they think of themselves

Al-Zaara
10-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Beauty is skin deep; ugly is to the bone.

Reflect.

The kinds of beautiful people you are describing, will be beautiful on the outside as long as they are young and have time to fix themselves. A person who is beautiful in the inside will always have that beauty, until death.

This doesn't mean all beautiful people are ugly on the inside, haha, that's absurd and you shouldn't even think like that. But this is just so you accept to value the inner more, for it lasts longer and it does quite immensely affect how high and for how long we think of that person to be beautiful.

Tanya Khan
10-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Some very heart warming answers on here. :)

I have to admit, I have a problem with self-esteem. I don't feel pretty so I end up wearing a lot of make-up to feel good inside. :(

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 10:57 AM
well feeling ugly can also be caused by being with the wrong crowd. I dont mean by being with people more beautiful then you, i mean by being with those who make you feel like you should do things to become more attractive thus implying your current state isnt good. Now if these suggestions are halaal such as grooming properly and staying clean/eating sunnah thus losing weight then mashaAllaah, if these suggestions are to attract and change our physique such as nail polish, tons of make up, plucking and other acts which just demean what Allahs blessed us with then astagfirullaah.

being with the right crowd can change our whole outlook on life

just a few thoughts inshaAllaah

AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 11:30 AM
:sl: i know what you mean i hope things get betta ishaallah i felt like u for a long time and let me tel u sumeting sis make dua and try to look within urself why you feel this way and do something about it!
i never did, i had no1 to talk nobody could understand what i felt, i was accused of being vain and shallow and i had to think about those who are worse than me (trust me this does not help) neways now i am stuck with a
eating disorder, dont let the sheytan whispers take over it did with me but i dont want any woman to go through dis. xx

AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 03:14 PM
Im 26 , the thing is i have worn a baeball cap, since i was 16,

so there are many people in my life , family, friends, even my own mum who even get to see my hair, now my forehead is so white. i have a cap line indented i to my forehead, i dislike my head shape, i have a sqaure forehead, and my hair grows down the middle of my head.

So the problem is my hair, i just wana look normal, and wish i never put that cap on ever, thats why im always staring at other guys hair styles and that and feel envy toward them, its just if i ever get my hat off, people will i know look at me weird, i dont want a fancy hairtyle, just to look normal, whatever that is. To be accepted by society i guess.

When i accidently get my cap off, and my nieces are there, i know their only kids, but they say things like you got ugly hair, but those words do hurt me.

so you see it is this fear inside of me, feeling rejected, but it come to the point now where i will always have to cover my hair, now i wear a topi any way , so this does not bother me,

its just things like , attending weddings , interviews, may be seeing a bride, that freak me out , mums always on my back to make a passport, but i dont wanna take my pics.

Brothers and sisters you are welcome to have a go at me, i deserve it for being so silly.

I made this thread because , i know feelings of jealousy, being ungrateul to Allah swt , are all wrong, and i wana be a grateful servant.

so its just like 5% of my body that causes me worry, people always say i have a good body, which i dislike,

Thank you again everyone for your replies,i wil re read all of them again, and change my attitude inshallah

Ushae
10-09-2008, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tanya Khan
Some very heart warming answers on here. :)

I have to admit, I have a problem with self-esteem. I don't feel pretty so I end up wearing a lot of make-up to feel good inside. :(
There is nothing wrong with wearing make up to be very honest. I'm not exactly a pro when it comes to women (being a man and all lol :-[) but from my experience I've never really liked women that wear make up. People tend appreciate each other when they see their faces 'naturally' for what they are.

Next time you look in the mirror, just smile at yourself and feel good about it. Perhaps you'll realise make-up can never replace a proper smile :)

Ushae
10-09-2008, 04:22 PM

so there are many people in my life , family, friends, even my own mum who even get to see my hair, now my forehead is so white. i have a cap line indented i to my forehead, i dislike my head shape, i have a sqaure forehead, and my hair grows down the middle of my head.

So the problem is my hair, i just wana look normal, and wish i never put that cap on ever, thats why im always staring at other guys hair styles and that and feel envy toward them, its just if i ever get my hat off, people will i know look at me weird, i dont want a fancy hairtyle, just to look normal, whatever that is. To be accepted by society i guess.

When i accidently get my cap off, and my nieces are there, i know their only kids, but they say things like you got ugly hair, but those words do hurt me.

so you see it is this fear inside of me, feeling rejected, but it come to the point now where i will always have to cover my hair, now i wear a topi any way , so this does not bother me,

its just things like , attending weddings , interviews, may be seeing a bride, that freak me out , mums always on my back to make a passport, but i dont wanna take my pics.

Brothers and sisters you are welcome to have a go at me, i deserve it for being so silly.

I made this thread because , i know feelings of jealousy, being ungrateul to Allah swt , are all wrong, and i wana be a grateful servant.

so its just like 5% of my body that causes me worry, people always say i have a good body, which i dislike,

Thank you again everyone for your replies,i wil re read all of them again, and change my attitude inshallah
Define 'normal' ? Seriously I don't think there is such a thing with human beings, we're all so very different in terms of caste/culture/religion and physical looks. One persons beautiful could be another persons ugly. Me for example, I know it's ignorant of me, but I find dark hair attractive (black) and not blonde, brown or anything else. It's simply a matter of taste. Believe it !

I think what's going on here is that you're using certain individuals as a benchmark for what 'good-looking' is. This is wrong and not only are you hurting yourself, but you may very well be hurting the people important to you as well. Personally I would be VERY hurt if my sister felt she was ugly becuase she was simply hanging around the wrong crowd. See where I'm coming from ?

Square forehead ? Hmm, again it's a matter of perspective. I could probably think of a few celebrity women that have such a feature and are considered beautiful..

There are so many things you could (I don't know myself) do with your hair as well as the rest of your body/looks. Exercise, Facials, Wearing Nice clothes (not revealing!) etc. I hear doing these kinds of things gives a huge boost to confidence. I myself go for jogs weekly and weight train every second/third day. It does a lot for my own confidence.

Trust me there are so many things you could do! Please don't be disheartened, you remind of my self three years ago :cry:

Cheer up !

suffiyan007
10-09-2008, 04:40 PM
talk about the topic of Feel ugly and get ugly?....have u seen the show "Betty la fia" or ugly betty? she look ugly and later she look gorgeous...because of what she is kind and helpful...and later she transform herself into a beauty Queen...and anyone don't recognize her...is the matter how you feel..but people dont think at all...u have lotsa doubt about yourself...eventhough i am not that handsome or superb handsome like Prophet Yusuf(joseph)....but only i think i am handsome..and i can show my beauty and talents..so people think i am handsome..anyone likes me...and show our good deeds is better it make us beautiful and handsome....nobody's perfect..appreciate ourselves.....hope u can make the change.:scared:

suffiyan007
10-09-2008, 04:45 PM

Answer:

there a lotsa product you can make use of it....like hair tonic,hair conditioner and etc....face cream,cleanser and toner,scrub and etc...to enhance your beauty and take some food supplement for beauty.....you are not alone,search for some expertise... and dermatologist...u able to fine your answer.:D

nadia85
10-09-2008, 05:15 PM
salam i feel like that sometimes i think it s naturally every 1 has something they r not happy with but we must thank allah for what we got after all he did creat us,inshallah u feel better soon

seeker-of-light
10-11-2008, 09:21 PM
i suppose everyone has low self esteem sometimes. this doesnt mean that you are ugly or that you are not good enough. instead of looking at how others are more prettier than you (because there are always models and celebrities that somehow always look perfect), you should admire your own good qualities. everyone has good qualities:) and also dont worry about societys perception of beauty, it is very narrow anyways. i am sure you will find a spouse that will love you for who you are, and not just for your looks because i have heard of husbands that cheat on their wives and these women are really pretty but they are unsatisfied with them still somehow. you will find the perfect someone for you someday i am sure:)

Mysterious Uk
10-11-2008, 10:50 PM
i read ur title and the first thought that came to mind was well who doesn't, i'm sure the thought comes 2 mind at a point in sum1's life. It's a shame that these days being pretty is seen as a big deal,whereas i think in the past a person's reputation and 'goodness' was what made a person special. Basically don't stress about it, i'm sure ur just beng paranoid and are a beautiful person :)

Muslima Islam
10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
aw sis ur not ugly, every girl feels ugly , but thats coz she beautiful...nd the ones that see themselves beautiful (on the outside) are them show offy lifeless ones..

Girls are like apples on trees.
The best ones are at the top of the
tree. The boys don't want to reach
for the good ones because they are
afraid of falling and getting hurt.
Instead, they just get the rotten
apples from the ground that aren't
as good, but easy.So the apples at the
top think something is wrong with
them, when in reality, they're amazing.
They just have to wait for the right
boy to come along, the one who's brave
enough to climb all the way to the top
of the tree. :)
^^^^
Lol! i love the way you put it.. its so true!

But you shouldnt feel like that sis, no matter how pretty girls are they have the same problems as everyone else at the end of the day. Sometimes they have bigger issues and we dont see it because they hide it. Its hard for me to explain but hopefully you get what im tryna say:) & inshallah im sure you will find someone who thinks your Beautiful on the inside and out:)

H4RUN
10-14-2008, 09:15 PM
No one is ugly:)
If you're inside is pretty, everything else is prettier< note not ugly:)
Tc

AnonymousPoster
10-14-2008, 09:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
No one is ugly:)
If you're inside is pretty, everything else is prettier< note not ugly:)
Tc
o das nice
anon234567

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-14-2008, 09:21 PM
Look around! Is there any false with everything that Allah swt created.You are created by Allah swt , too.Then you just exegarate things.And beware this must be a test for you.May Allah swt help you.

AnonymousPoster
06-17-2009, 08:11 PM
ten months on, and i still feel this way

The Ruler
06-19-2009, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by 'Abd al-Rahman

Agreed. And you need to be the beholder at times, lady.

I don't understand the root of your problem. I don't think one can ever look at themselves in the mirror and say, "ough, that's one ugly face"... Feelings of ugliness, IMO, root from low self esteem and self-belief. Now I wonder what happened to you to make you have such low self esteem.

Ummu Sufyaan
06-19-2009, 11:01 AM
this is probably going to sound really far fetched, but sometimes little insignificant things like this that we hadn't noticed before tend to creep up on us when we have to much time on our hands...so maybe you should get out and smell the roses, so to speak...

Snowflake
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
I've seen ugly people who are loved and cherished by others and described as 'beautiful'. You know why? Because they have beautiful hearts and minds and care for others. Physical looks will fade, no doubt. Find an older person and ask them to show a picture of themselves from their youth. You will be shocked. They will look like totally different people. And then you realise that yes, real beauty is what is inside and unlike looks, it doesn't fade with time, only grows. That's the kind of beauty we all should try to achieve. That's the only one that matters. If you are kind, caring and sensitive to other people, you are beautiful! :)

S_87
06-19-2009, 11:20 AM
as sis Ruler said it could be your low self esteem
Do people tell u youre ugly or make you feel ugly by their actions???

what is it about yourself that you dont like? make a list and inshaAllah there could be ways u could maybe improve it?

mathematician
06-19-2009, 02:13 PM
salamu 'alaykum sister,
Why don't you answer this question:
What is it about you that you find so ugly?
It could also be due to age. I know as teenagers for example, people are so occupied
with their "looks". Once you become an adult you learn to see yourself as good looking.

AnonymousPoster
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
To the sister/brother who orginally made this thread, im considered ugly but alhumdulilah i try to be as nice and kind to people as possible for the sake of Allah and alhumdulilah i get alot of respect from people and i have alot of good brothers i know alhumdulilah. Its not all about looks sister/brother trust me on this, i used to think like you but like you gotta realise this body we have its just a temporary body to get us through this test, so treat it like that.

What i mean is like this body of ours will return to the earth where it came from, theres not enough time to waste to think about our looks etc, be in the dunya as a traveler! a stranger! as Prophet Muhammad salalahualayhiwasalam said.

Always remember Allah created us and that he has a plan for us a reason why he created us which is to worship him Alone thats our purpose of existence!

mathematician
06-19-2009, 02:28 PM
To the sister/brother who orginally made this thread, im considered ugly but alhumdulilah i try to be as nice and kind to people as possible for the sake of Allah and alhumdulilah i get alot of respect from people and i have alot of good brothers i know alhumdulilah. Its not all about looks sister/brother trust me on this, i used to think like you but like you gotta realise this body we have its just a temporary body to get us through this test, so treat it like that.

What i mean is like this body of ours will return to the earth where it came from, theres not enough time to waste to think about our looks etc, be in the dunya as a traveler! a stranger! as Prophet Muhammad salalahualayhiwasalam said.

Always remember Allah created us and that he has a plan for us a reason why he created us which is to worship him Alone thats our purpose of existence!
You know maybe you will hate me for saying this :), but I think it was good that you felt ugly.....Look at all the wisdom you have come to realize.
And you know for every pain we feel Allah forgives some of our sins, and if in addition we are also patient then He will add good deeds to our account. Both of these help one get a higher chance to go to Jannah.
Blessed be Allah for giving you this life.

Snowflake
06-20-2009, 09:54 AM

MashaAllah!! You are not ugly. You're a rough diamond to be polished in the here-after inshaAllah.

The Ruler
06-21-2009, 04:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
MashaAllah!! You are not ugly. You're a rough diamond to be polished in the here-after inshaAllah.
A rough diamond is precious, but not particularly attractive.

format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
Actually, isn't it a hadith that Allah is beautiful and He loves beauty? So wouldn't that make beautifying ourselves a duty? Your body is important. How you present yourself is important. You're not just walking down the street as a woman, you're walking down the street as a muslim woman.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.