/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question on Missed Prayers

_PakistaN_
10-07-2008, 03:59 AM
Salaam-u-Alaikum brothers and sisters.
I have recently started to pray, and wanted to become a better muslim. I am 18 years old and i have figured out I was doing wrong by not praying and doing other acts against islam. I want to make up for my sins and need some knowledge and advice from you.

Now for the first question.

How I can make up for the missed 8 years of prayer?

How can I make up for prayers I missed at work. ex: today i went to work and missed zuhr and asr. so i came home today prayed maghrib, then i did kaza of asr and then maghrib zuhr right after that prayer. is that right in islam?

How can I make up for missed fasts?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
_PakistaN_
10-07-2008, 04:02 AM
And also, I have recently figured out that in some of the past salaat i prayed about 3 or 4 years ago i have made some mistakes. do my salaat still count?

kwolney01
10-07-2008, 04:20 AM
When you miss prayers try to make them up as soon as you can that is best for you. When you come home pray the prayer that was last and then pray the others you have missed. Ex: You come home and its Asr time...pray Asr first and then pray the other prayers you've messed...like Zuhr. As for the 8 years of missed prayers..all I can say is to try praying voluntary salat for forgiveness. Ask Allah for forgiveness and strength. I wish you the best brother..

Allah Alum

Salaams

_PakistaN_
10-07-2008, 04:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
When you miss prayers try to make them up as soon as you can that is best for you. When you come home pray the prayer that was last and then pray the others you have missed. Ex: You come home and its Asr time...pray Asr first and then pray the other prayers you've messed...like Zuhr. As for the 8 years of missed prayers..all I can say is to try praying voluntary salat for forgiveness. Ask Allah for forgiveness and strength. I wish you the best brother..

Allah Alum

Salaams
Ok i kind of get your point. So what if i come home and its 1 hour until Maghib(and i have already missed Asr and Zuhr). Can i come home and kaza it before reading Maghrib, or do i have to do it after maghrib.

So voluntary prayer is Nafl? I heard u can make up for missed prayers by only reading their fardh, can i do that?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
kwolney01
10-07-2008, 04:29 AM
If you come home and its not yet time to pray Magrhib then go ahead and make up Asr and Zuhr. You should try to pray your missed prayers as soon as you can. I'll try to find some other information for you.

kwolney01
10-07-2008, 04:32 AM
Question:
Salam. When Reading qaza prayer in what order should the prayer be read? Should the prayer at that time be read first or the missed prayer qaza be read first?
Answer:
Bismillahir RaHmanir-RaHeem.

"Salah is the most important pillar of Islam. It is in fact the first religious duty prescribed on every single prophet from Adam to Muhammad, second only to testifying the Oneness of Allah. Allah says, "Salah, indeed, is a duty enjoined upon the faithful at the appointed times." (An-Nisa': 103). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) further narrates in a hadith Qudsi: Allah said: "The covenant between Us and them is Salah; so whoever establishes it establishes religion; whoever undermines it undermines religion."

It is therefore important that we never become slack in performing salah; if we miss any salah for whatever reason, we must pray it immediately without further delay. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Whoever oversleeps and misses his prayer or forgets to do it, let him pray as soon as he remembers it.(Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)"

The eminent scholar late Sheikh Sayyid Sabiq states in his well-known book Fiqh-as-Sunnah:
In a story recorded by Abu Dawud, when the Prophet, upon whom be peace, and his companions slept through the time of the morning prayer, he ordered Bilal to make the azhan and iqamah for the prayer. If one has missed many prayers, it is preferred to make one azhan at the beginning followed by an iqamah for each prayer. Says al-'Athram, "I heard Abu 'Abdullah (Ahmad) being asked what a man who had missed a prayer should do about the azhan. He mentioned the hadith of Hushaim from Abu az-Zubair... that the idol-worshippers kept the Prophet busy during four of his prayers during the Battle of the Clans. When part of the night had passed, he ordered Bilal to make the azhan and the iqamah and they prayed the afternoon, sunset, and night prayers in succession, each time followed by the iqamah. (Vol 1, Book 7. Azhan, Call To Prayer.Fiqh 1.104. (Fiqh-us-Sunnah) )

Based on this if one missed the prayer then he/she should make up those.
One has to make up only Fard prayers. In fact according to the scholars, making up of Fard is Fard , that of Sunnah is sunnah and like wise.

If you are making up the missed prayer and by that time the current prayer time will elapse then you should pray the current prayer and then make up the missed prayers later.

Wassalam and Allah Almighty knows best.
Reference:
IslamiCity

Question:
I'm 37 years old. I have never been regular in offering salat. Now I'm trying to be regular in performing this duty. I want also to offer my missed (Qaza) salat. I'm not sure how many I've already missed in my life. My Qs are: 1. What is the best way for me offer the missed ones? 2. I heard somebody saying over TV, that instead of offering Sunnah and Nafil salat in each prayer, one can offer Qaza Fard Salat? 3. I also read some methods of offering Qaza salat on internet. These look different from regular salat. Please let me know if there is a standard way of doing it? Thanks
Answer:
Bismillahir RaHmanir-RaHeem.

Allah(swt) says:
"God accepts the repentance of those who do evil in ignorance and repent soon afterwards; to them will God turn in mercy: For God is full of knowledge and wisdom.Of no effect is the repentance of those who continue to do evil, until death faces one of them, and he says, "Now have I repented indeed;" nor of those who die rejecting Faith: for them have We prepared a punishment most grievous."(Holy Quran 4:17 and 18)

Also,
"And establish regular prayers at the two ends of the day and at the approaches of the night: For those things, that are good remove those that are evil: Be that the word of remembrance to those who remember (their Lord)"(Quran 11-Hüd:114)

Islam teaches that doors of Allah’s mercy are wide open for all sinners, provided they are willing to return to Allah in sincere repentance and respond to Allah’s call. Allah says: “O My Servants who have wronged their souls! Do not despair of Allah’s mercy. For Allah certainly forgives all sins.” (Az-Zumar: 53)

In light of the above, we can certainly hope that the Merciful Lord forgives our sins. But one must never take the issue of repentance lightly. It is not simply saying, O Allah, forgive me. Rather, one must first feel deep remorse for the sin, refrain from all associations that led to the same, resolving never to do it again, and finally occupying oneself busy with good deeds.

Ask forgiveness from Almighty Allah:
"Rabbana zalamnaa anfusanaa wa illam taghfir lanaa wa tarhamnaa lanakunanna minal khaasireen".("Our Lord! We have wronged ourselves. If You forgive us not, and bestow not upon us Your Mercy, we shall certainly be of the losers." )(Quran 7:23)

You can make up the missed Fard prayers at any time except at the time of sunrise, declining of sun and sunset.

Prayer is one of the most important obligations of Islam, being one of the five pillars of Islam. A Muslim should not miss any prayer; and all prayers should be performed in their appointed times. Allah says in the Qur'an: "Indeed the prayers are enjoined on Believers at stated times." (An-Nisa': 103) In a hadith the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Allah has made five prayers obligatory upon His servants. So whosoever will perform them and will not miss any of them out of negligence, he has the pledge of Allah that He will enter him in Paradise. And whosoever will not perform them, Allah has no pledge with him. If He wills He may punish him, and if He wills He may forgive him." (Reported by An-Nasa'i, Abu Dawud and Ahmad).

"Salah is the most important pillar of Islam. It is in fact the first religious duty prescribed on every single prophet from Adam to Muhammad, second only to testifying the Oneness of Allah. Allah says, "Salah, indeed, is a duty enjoined upon the faithful at the appointed times." (An-Nisa': 103). The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) further narrates in a hadith Qudsi: Allah said: "The covenant between Us and them is Salah; so whoever establishes it establishes religion; whoever undermines it undermines religion."

It is therefore important that we never become slack in performing salah; if we miss any salah for whatever reason, we must pray it immediately without further delay. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, "Whoever oversleeps and misses his prayer or forgets to do it, let him pray as soon as he remembers it.(Related by al-Bukhari and Muslim.)"

The eminent scholar late Sheikh Sayyid Sabiq states in his well-known book Fiqh-as-Sunnah:
In a story recorded by Abu Dawud, when the Prophet, upon whom be peace, and his companions slept through the time of the morning prayer, he ordered Bilal to make the azhan and iqamah for the prayer. If one has missed many prayers, it is preferred to make one azhan at the beginning followed by an iqamah for each prayer. Says al-'Athram, "I heard Abu 'Abdullah (Ahmad) being asked what a man who had missed a prayer should do about the azhan. He mentioned the hadith of Hushaim from Abu az-Zubair... that the idol-worshippers kept the Prophet busy during four of his prayers during the Battle of the Clans. When part of the night had passed, he ordered Bilal to make the azhan and the iqamah and they prayed the afternoon, sunset, and night prayers in succession, each time followed by the iqamah. (Vol 1, Book 7. Azhan, Call To Prayer.Fiqh 1.104. (Fiqh-us-Sunnah) )
Based on this if one missed the prayer then he/she should make up those.
One has to make up only Fard prayers. In fact according to the scholars, making up of Fard is Fard , that of Sunnah is sunnah and like wise.

We further add that it is good to do QAZA FARD, for the missed fards instead of sunna and nafil. And since you don’t know how many you missed, we advise that deep in yourself, you should make the solemn intention to make up for whatefver missed and allah will in shallah treat you by your solemn intention.
Wassalam and Allah Almighty knows best.

Reference:
IslamiCity

_PakistaN_
10-07-2008, 05:06 AM
Thankyou for helping me out. May Allah give you more knowledge. Inshallah.

_PakistaN_
10-08-2008, 04:49 AM
Ok brother i have come across another question i wanted to ask about this topic. You said we cannot make kaza prayer on "time of sunrise, declining of sun and sunset." My english isn't the best, so does this mean wen cannot pray when the sun is rising? when the sun is setting?(maghrib time) and when sun is out(night time). so does this mean we cannot pray kaza after isha?

kwolney01
10-08-2008, 05:26 AM
its means that we cannot make up prayers during them times. You should do the prayers as soon as you can. Maghrib is to be done at sunset but we shouldn't make up prayers at this time. Do you get what I'm trying to say? Basically what its saying is to not make up missed prayers at the time of sunrise, and sunset.

This may help

Question:
Is it true that one can pray Ishah till fajr. How about other prayers(fajr,dhuhur,asr,maghrib). When does their time end, after which it becomes KAZA. Thank you.
Answer:
Dear Br. S. As-salaamu alaykum. The end of Isha Prayer differs from one school of thought to another. All opinions are considered Islamically correct. To some scholars, the end of the time is midnight (midnight is not 12 am, it is the middle time between sunset and dawn which varies from one location to another one, and from day to another one within the same location). According to these scholars, if you miss Isha after the middle of the night, then it is considered Qada'. However, according to others scholars, Isha extends until Fajr time. Regardless which opinion you choose, it is always better to join the Isha prayer with your local mosque, and if the mosque is not available, you should pray collectively with your family. As to the other prayers, Fajr ends at sunrise, Zuhur ends at Asr time, Asr ends at Maghrib, and Maghrib ends at Isha. Thank you for asking and God knows best.
Reference:
IslamiCity

You should always make up prayers as soon as you can, but if you can't (you should only miss prayers if your sleeping or have forgotten, you can always pray sitting, or laying down where ever you are) then you still have to make them up after you pray Isha. You shouldn't wait all the way until Isha to pray your missed prayers. If your at work take some time out to pray it doesn't take very long to pray. I hope this helps brother.

Ps: Im a sister lol

_PakistaN_
10-09-2008, 12:55 AM
alright thanx, but didnt u previously write that there are three times kaza cannot be offered.. at sunrise, when sun is setting, and sunset....so does "sunset" mean when the sun has set( like dissapeared,night) or it is setting...if it means that when sun is setting...then was the difference between "sunset" and "when the sun is setting"

- lol i know its confusing but im just trying to gain knowledge for myself..

kwolney01
10-09-2008, 02:08 AM
The forbidden times are from dawn to sunrise (when the first light of the sun appears to the time the sun has risen), when the sun is overhead (so when its the highest in the sky ex: noon) until it has passed its highest point in the sky, and from Asr prayer to sunset (Isha time).

I hope this helps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.