/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Nicest Thing...

Re.TiReD
10-07-2008, 01:07 PM
:salamext:

What is the nicest thing anybody has ever done for you? The reason I'm asking is that sometimes we forget, we tend not to show appreciation or give thanks where it is due... and it is sometimes beneficial to remember the good that was done to you by another. It creates love and stengthens ties of relationship. For those who often feel alone or as if they do not have anybody to talk to, if they remembered at least one nice thing that somebody had done for them, it might make them smile- if nothing else.

I'll share mine after

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
------
10-07-2008, 02:18 PM
:salamext:

What you mean sis? Something someone has said that's made you smile, or done something physically?

truemuslim
10-07-2008, 02:21 PM
hmm....said my poetry killed ther braincells, mashallah ! nah u cant "do" that so that doesnt count

actually the NICEST thing that anyones ever done to me was actaully done by more than one person, and i do owe thanks to them, they the people who helped me find deen, quit music, love allah (more?) , stop the doubt, AND of course, make the best of my lailatul qadr this year.

(of course its the LI-ers!)

Nawal89
10-07-2008, 02:46 PM
^
:rollseyes

Well the most recent was today actually. My Moms friend gave me free cookies.:D

I can't remember the most nicest thing someone has done for me. So many people do nice things for me subhanallah. I have the most awesome friends in the world. And family. may Allah bless them all and grant them Jannah Ameen.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lamees
10-07-2008, 03:00 PM
The nicest thing?!

hmmmm...

everything that Allah-swt- has granted me..:)

Ansariyah
10-07-2008, 03:14 PM
Unexpectedly today my lil niece pulled me down, kissed me n told me Im the bestest/sweetest auntie in the world *in her own words*:sunny:

lol i was like, really? she goes..yes really :bump:..in her lil voice.

Güven
10-07-2008, 03:20 PM
^kwl

the nicest thing was this one person ,May Allah Guide him and grant him Jannah amiin, who helped me and my family in the times of need ,
but Alhamdullilah , Allah is soo Great :statisfie

:w:

Re.TiReD
10-07-2008, 09:09 PM
Aww! Very heartwarming!

I remember one thing that made me smile was when an old gentleman walking with a zimmer frame, stopped whilst walking and said Salaam to me, he was Non-Muslim :D

And sometimes the littlest of things can mean the most. It means a lot to me when people offer me sincere advice.

Once I was in a terrible state and needed some credz...I cudda got up and done it myself, wudda taken 2 mins max...but because I was soo mashed, they did it for me....it was 7am in the morning and they didnt have to...but they did.

May Allah (swt) bless that person in abundance. Ameen

aamirsaab
10-08-2008, 09:45 AM
:sl:
The closest thing that comes to my mind are comments (as opposed to say gift giving etc). One in particular by a college friend stands out. The scenario was: I was revising in the library and some of my friends were there. I said I had to revise for a subject (or something along the lines) and my friend said, with sincerity ''(but), you're good at everything''

At the time, my response was limited to just saying something modest, like: oh I don't know about that (I was quite nervous mind you...not used to hearing comments like that :D). Upon reflection, however, that was possibly one of the nicest things anyone has told me.

I got a lot of nice comments from people in college and in Uni too. I seem to have a fairly good reputation, which whilst I'm greatful for, I don't always believe I deserve it. I mean, one guy in Uni is always really happy to see me - (well, I did help him on his accounts in year 1 so I guess that makes us buddies) but it's like his face lights up and he praises me if I do something (in my opinion) nothing really special, say like printing him some work out.

I don't want to sound like an ungrateful turd, but I guess it's because I'm not used to receiving such compliments - especially if the act I did to get it was one that I believe should be done by default (open a door for someone, print an extra copy etc). Heh, maybe I am just really nice or others are just really not nice, so when I do something good, it's emphasised.

Anywho, that's enough of my brain spilled out on the internet.

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 09:47 AM
Lol masha'Allah

I guess compliments are nice, specially if you feel you dont deserve them. It gives you something to strive for whilst giving the other person something/somebody to look up to huh?

Masha'Allah nice reply Akhee.

WassalamuAlaykum

Sanobar
10-08-2008, 10:07 AM
:sl:

There are soo many to list down but one that stands out is wen my frnds helped me out in a time wen i knew i had nobody... i was devastated... and they not only advised me for the best but also made sure that i was neva left alone... and they still do it...alhumdulilah!

indeed! the little things in life matter alot.. the compliments... the help and advice frm people...

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.