/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Global Pink Hijab Day!

crayon
10-08-2008, 09:34 AM
October 26 is National Pink Hijab Day. This event raises awareness for breast cancer, and is a fundraiser for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Also, we hope the event will encourage people who are curious about women in Islam and hijab to ask questions. This is a way for Muslim women who wear hijab to be active in the communities. We ask that everyone who wears the pink hijab on this day donates $5 or more to the Susan G Komen foundation .To those who may not wear hijab and still want to help out, please donate $5 or more to the foundation.

Wear a Pink Hijab for:
Da'wah...people will wonder why everyone is wearing a pink hijab!

Unity...other Muslim sisters all over will be wearing one

Breast Cancer!...October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month!

Guys, a pink kufi will do it, and if that doesn't work, a pink ribbon is okay. :)
http://www.pinkhijabday.org/

This sounded like an interesting idea, posted it up here in case other people want to try it.. Those that don't live in the US could always donate to a local breast cancer research foundation.
:thumbs_up

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 10:00 AM
LoL!

Masha'Allah interesting...

Hmm how about save the prisoners day? We all go round wearing them Orange Gitmo style t-shirts?

C'mon, might aswell do it for an Islamic cause, get the two birds in one shot huh.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 11:45 AM
i thought gitmo is closing?

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 11:47 AM
<_< I'll believe that when I see it <_<

But for real, I didnt know that? It is? :ooh:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
crayon
10-08-2008, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Hmm how about save the prisoners day? We all go round wearing them Orange Gitmo style t-shirts?

C'mon, might aswell do it for an Islamic cause, get the two birds in one shot huh.
If I could find a shirt like that here I'd wear it!

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 11:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
If I could find a shirt like that here I'd wear it!
Lol yeh I think the bro sells em only in the UK.

But back on topic, Pink Hijab? Good idea but not for me...U'll get the whole world looking at you when the hijab is meant to protect you from such glances

crayon
10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
It doesn't have to be neon pink..:p
Personally, I find that black or gray hijabs don't differ from other colors, like blue, green, pink, etc. But each to their own opinion, I guess.:)

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
It doesn't have to be neon pink..:p
Personally, I find that black or gray hijabs don't differ from other colors, like blue, green, pink, etc. But each to their own opinion, I guess.:)

Lol yeah I guess

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 12:42 PM
the brothers have to wear pink too.......isnt that a bit....pardon me...gayyyyy :D

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 12:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
the brothers have to wear pink too.......isnt that a bit....pardon me...gayyyyy :D
;D

It'd be interesting to see how many people/Muslims actually support this.

This is in the States right?

Güven
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
lol kwl and interesting ! coughnot realycough :D
:w:

crayon
10-08-2008, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
Well, if you believe that certain colors should only be allowed for certain genders, then you may think that guys wearing pink is gay..
I don't though, so I think it's cool!:D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 01:03 PM
my sis wud neeeeva support it

just tell her if you want ur ears 2 fall off

because this is basically somethin to attract attention to all muslim girls

and the whole purpose of hayaa' is to stay away from attention... :|

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 01:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

[S]agreed[/S]

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 01:08 PM
:hmm: hmmm

pink...Hijab...for girls............................................. nd guys?????????? :mmokay:

crayon
10-08-2008, 01:26 PM

Well, I guess that's a valid point, that if everyone is wearing a pink hijab it might attract some extra attention..
But I don't think simply wearing a pink colored hijab would attract any more or less attention than a different color would, provided it's not neon pink.. something like this:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 01:32 PM
but it stands out like a sore-thumb

crayon
10-08-2008, 02:01 PM
No, no it doesn't.:mmokay:

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 02:56 PM
but it stands out like a sore-thumb

pink is nothing compared to the attention red attracts......:embarrass:embarrass:embarrass *burns red hijaab, vows never to wear agen*...seriously some men....it was described twice as 'cool':hmm:, i mean what the.....:mmokay:

bottom line, never wear red.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:01 PM
Edit

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 03:04 PM
Umm..the cause is good, but I wouldn't want to wear a pink hijab just for that day, is there anywhere in the UK I can give a donation
Off-topicish... I wear different coloured hijabs and jilbabs but don't attract any attention same as when I wear my black Hijabs.
Personally, I think wearing a different colour does not attract much attention as everyone around me wear MUCH brighter colours.
I know the whole purpose is not to attract attention, but if one wears black all the time that also seems to attract more attention.

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
edit...just take my advice.....dont wear redddddddddd lol.

i just want to cover myself and look decent too. yup, dark blue or black is the safest bet ladies!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:05 PM
@ Musaafir ^ thats just not true

Al-Zaara
10-08-2008, 03:06 PM
OK, IbnAbdulHakim, don't start popping up with ideas on Muslim-girls fashion.

Haha.. Anyways, that's a neat idea, but I wouldn't wear a pink hijab or pink shirt or whatever, on a day specifically for Muslims; I'd prefer to wear it on the global, official day. Which I just might do if I remember what day it is!

Musaafir - Very good points and I agree.

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 03:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
OK, IbnAbdulHakim, don't start popping up with ideas on Muslim-girls fashion.
i was going to say that too :giggling:

IbnAbdulHakim
^ whhaat??? sisters wanna look cool and not attract attention at the same time so i gave my suggestion :heated:

IbnAbdulHakim

^ you guys shuck

not postin here again :| or looking for that matter !

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
:ooh:

:offtopic:

Al-Zaara
10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Concentrate on your beard or male clothes and leave the hijab for us girls, haha.

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 03:10 PM
@ Bro Mr. Hakim...What about the wearing of a hoody? Wouldn't that be classified as trying to look cool?
And don't worry I don't wear BRIGHT colours, I wear neutrals lol
But seriously, does anyone know the UK equivalent of the pink hijab thingy where I can donate money?

Al-Zaara
10-08-2008, 03:11 PM
Donate for helping out the breast-cancer awareness right? There should be plenty of places, I'd assume.

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 03:13 PM
Ooh la la! Jazakillah sis! I wasn't thinking with my head on :muddlehea

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Go to Asda (George)....they have loadsa stuff for it there. I recently got the breast cancer ribbon mobile charm, is cute :-[

Mujahidah4Allah
10-08-2008, 06:02 PM
:sl:

hmmm the pink's i think a bit attractive and bright, why not just go in another colour and still donate? yeh asda do a lot of pink stuff...

wa/salam

Re.TiReD
10-09-2008, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mujahidah4Allah
yeh asda do a lot of pink stuff...

wa/salam
Yah, just went to check out :p kool stuff.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.