/* */

PDA

View Full Version : so i asked my mum

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:22 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

i asked my mum last night if shes EVER been bored EVER in her WHOLE life! like even once, if shes ever felt restless/agitated because of doing NOTHING at the moment

and she said

NO !

I REPEATED MY QUESTION hoping to make CLEAR what i meant by bored! she said NEVER has she EVER been bored> She made it clear! MY MUM HAS NEVER FELT BOREDOM :|

now i ask that any of you with a mother over 50 years old go and ask her if shes ever been bored in her life :|

im very curious to hear their answers !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 03:29 PM
Mum's not quite 50. She says she's never been bored either. Every time me and my sisters say we're bored, she goes 'How can you be? There's so much to do! If you don't want to do your work, at least help me with the work, if you don't want to do that, then engage in Zhikr and prayer. Never.Be.Bored!'
That's what she always says...

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:30 PM
elders are so amazing arent they :ooh:

seriously i was just staring open mouthed at my mum she probably thought "wats wrong with this stupid kidd???" but subhanAllaah its so amazing :ooh: !!

Nájlá
10-08-2008, 03:31 PM
my mums not quite 50 yrs old and to be honest i've never asked her that
but will do inshallah

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
truemuslim
10-08-2008, 03:31 PM
Lol
my mum isnt nowher near 50...or 40...or 35.
but i did ask her something tho , i told her "arent u bored?" nd sshes like "no" nd im like "we just sit here watch each other sit here everyday all day" nd she just like ":rolleyes: u hav nothin to do go clean the house" and im like thinkin LOL.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Cant really imagine my mom saying shes bored, sounds/feels weird to even think of it lol

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:34 PM
so boredom is like a new-generation thing?

was it even in the dictionary a hunderd years ago? :|

am i being silly?

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Cant really imagine my mom saying shes bored, sounds/feels weird to even think of it lol
loll bro me n mum was jus sitting, well i was sitting,s he was lying down. she looked so peaceful so i asked "dont you EVER get bored>?" sne she jus gave me the look i mentioned before ;D and said "NO !" she did look like she might be bored a little :p

lol

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Lol
my mum isnt nowher near 50...or 40...or 35.
but i did ask her something tho , i told her "arent u bored?" nd sshes like "no" nd im like "we just sit here watch each other sit here everyday all day" nd she just like " u hav nothin to do go clean the house" and im like thinkin LOL.
^^LOL! That's mums for ya!
I know I'm the most laziest ungrateful kid ever, but I love my parents to bits even though I may not show it all the time lol.
I think my dad's amazing Masha'allah, he seems to be able to explain everything about everything, and whenever he's faced with a new situation he adapts real good.
He's never been bored either..
Just goes to show, is there something lacking in our generation, where people seem to be constantly bored, always wanting to go out, see something new (no, not in the exploring sense, but just in the 'im-so-bored-i-want-something-new' sense)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
I think its how you view your life.

Pen Marks
10-08-2008, 03:36 PM
i asked my mom that and she's like, "if you're bored, i need someone to go rake the leaves, ;D so she didn't answer the question

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 03:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
so boredom is like a new-generation thing?

was it even in the dictionary a hunderd years ago? :|

am i being silly?
well no it wasnt in the dictionary a hundred years ago, because ther was no dictionary yet! besides they only had like 3 words total, "ooh" , "aah" , and "ginsta" :p

ok im just kidding

its coz old people kno life, they kno u never be bored nd they kno u cant be bored because life is nonstop action nonstop trouble, everything u do is doing something........................i sound old :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-08-2008, 03:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by :: MuMiNaH ::
i asked my mom that and she's like, "if you're bored, i need someone to go rake the leaves, ;D so she didn't answer the question
you cant really say your bored to yuor parents unless you want to do a chore, there's always something to do.

Pk_#2
10-08-2008, 03:40 PM
loll bro me n mum was jus sitting, well i was sitting,s he was lying down. she looked so peaceful so i asked "dont you EVER get bored>?" sne she jus gave me the look i mentioned before ;D and said "NO !" she did look like she might be bored a little :p

lol
I swear sassi duno English, what's the bengali for Boredom? She probz finkin wa a weird son I have..

Mom just came in, was gonna ask, buh she'll just probs fink am bein silly..:mmokay:

------
10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
:salamext:

Mum's always like, 'there's too much to do, u cant b bored'

Re.TiReD
10-08-2008, 04:10 PM

Lol mum is 39....she says, 'I'm bored when you kids arent here at home with me' ... kool huh? :-[

Güven
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
aww my mom is 50 and YES she is bored !!!

:w:

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Awww! That's so sweet! Imagine how she'll be when you're all grown up and married away!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 04:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
I swear sassi duno English, what's the bengali for Boredom? She probz finkin wa a weird son I have..
na she knows what bored is, i been using it to describe my state looaaads eva since i was like 7, she KNOWS! and even if she dont i tried describin it a hundred diff ways lol

Mom just came in, was gonna ask, buh she'll just probs fink am bein silly..:mmokay:
Ask !! plz..

crayon
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
My mom's in her late 40's, I just asked her.
"mom, have you ever been bored?"
"yes, i contemplated suicide many times because of boredom :muddlehea"

That's my mom for ya...;D

I asked her again and asked her for a serious answer and she said "well of course, everyone gets bored occasionally".

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
^ na uh not everyone not my mum, shes special :shade:

Al-Zaara
10-08-2008, 04:48 PM
Maybe she doesn't remember when she was bored? She can also have another definiton of boredom than you have or she might not even admit it to herself? People can have a lot to do and still be bored, maybe she thinks boredom is when you have nothing to do? Her definition of the word is the key to understand her.

I can't remember when I was bored, only when I am bored at the moment do I remember being bored. Uh...

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 05:59 PM
i cn tell my mums bored right now, she's singin sumthin really cute, i dunt kno wat it is but its soo cuute , i gess its jus coz she singin it :p .
nd my dad...loool he's extremely bored right now, he jus went to pray! :omg: ON TIME!

Soulja Girl
10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
:sl:

^Aww bless, thats cuteee. :)

And yep, you know the answer! :D

Na7lah
10-08-2008, 06:03 PM
my mom's always finding something to do i doubt she'd get bored

Mujahidah4Allah
10-08-2008, 06:05 PM
:l:

no need to ask her i know she's been bored she probably is at the moment... how would you say bored in bengali anyway... [is that Q's off topic dont answer]

wa/salam

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 06:09 PM
^ lol i dont even kno how to say bored in arabic :p i jus say "anti bored? " :p

Mujahidah4Allah
10-08-2008, 06:11 PM
:sl:

i think in arabic boring is 'mumil'

Na7lah
10-08-2008, 06:12 PM
malal,

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 06:20 PM
ur mum must be one active lady bless :)

my mums always saying, im bored lets go out!!!!! lol.

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 06:26 PM
^ LOL sis! Cant see my mum doin that!
me nd my brothers always sayin things like "america sucks, its so boring, theres nothing to do but eat! no wonder why everyone here is lazy and fat!" nd my mums all "u cant be bored, theres so many things to do" nd tell my bro to go do something outside, nd me to go do something inside (clean :( )

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 06:31 PM
my mum only sez that wen shes bored!, when im bored she tells me to clean the house too :mmokay:

not fair!

Cabdullahi
10-08-2008, 06:33 PM
my mum says a muslim shouldn't feel bored

Ashjan95
10-08-2008, 06:52 PM
As my sister Najla93 said that my mum isnt over 50 but i neva asked her either soo i will ask her INSHALLAH and i think she mite say yes i dont know but i have this feeling that she mite hehehe

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 06:54 PM
you guys get told to clean your houses a lot

im guessing you guys have some seriously dirty houses

if my sister gets bored my mum tells her to go do ibaadah

at least that shows we got clean houses ;D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
my mum says a muslim shouldn't feel bored
mashaAllaah beautiful answer :ooh:

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM

lol me when the house IS clean, she tells me to go with my sisters nd do something, or my dad would suddenly "overHEAR" us talkin and would tell me the grass needs cutting....which is strange coz he's deaf...

never...ever...trust the disabled :scared:

Sahabiyaat
10-08-2008, 07:02 PM

:mmokay: with my mum, no matter how clean the house is, its never clean enough!!!

you all have very lovely practising families, not everyone has such a blessing, so bear with me akhee Hakim and ahmedjunior, for my insolence! :)

The Ruler
10-08-2008, 07:05 PM
At the age of 50, she's most likely to have lost memories of her teenage years. And it is usually during those times, that we tend to use the word 'bored'.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
you all have very lovely practising families, not everyone has such a blessing, so bear with me akhee Hakim and ahmedjunior, for my insolence! :)
i shall do so young insolent one ;D

At the age of 50, she's most likely to have lost memories of her teenage years. And it is usually during those times, that we tend to use the word 'bored'.
say that to her and let me hear the answer

camcorded would be best

noorseeker
10-08-2008, 07:16 PM
well mums have families and kids, so they got no time to be bored,
my mum gets bored, because i have no father , she does go out to see my auntie , who lives three doors away, just to pass a bit off time,

Well my mums going to be 61 in a coulpe of weeks, i know only allah swt knows when they will die , but i know mums more near the end of life , so inshallah i will just make the most of each day i have with her

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 07:26 PM
^ mashaAllaah, she sounds like shes at peace with life :)

truemuslim
10-08-2008, 07:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
well mums have families and kids, so they got no time to be bored,
my mum gets bored, because i have no father , she does go out to see my auntie , who lives three doors away, just to pass a bit off time,

Well my mums going to be 61 in a coulpe of weeks, i know only allah swt knows when they will die , but i know mums more near the end of life , so inshallah i will just make the most of each day i have with her
aw ur post almost made me :cry: :(

Pk_#2
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
na she knows what bored is, i been using it to describe my state looaaads eva since i was like 7, she KNOWS! and even if she dont i tried describin it a hundred diff ways lol

Ask !! plz..
She sed shut de hell up.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 08:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
She sed shut de hell up.
you suppose to ask when shes in a good mode

try it again

Güven
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
LOL ^ yeah thats a great advice!!!

Na7lah
10-08-2008, 08:24 PM
:mmokay: with my mum, no matter how clean the house is, its never clean enough!!!
same lol

Ali.
10-08-2008, 08:25 PM
I don't think you can ever get bored, just unwilling to do anything.

Might ask parents for you later.

Güven
10-08-2008, 08:29 PM
omg I tought i was the only one :exhausted

Muslima Islam
10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
moms r never bored they r to busy making others happy. i know my mom is like that. shes always on her feet. when im bored i help her. i asked my mom and she said shes never bored do to all the house work or work or reading the quran or watching CNN for the elections lol.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-08-2008, 09:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur

Lol mum is 39....she says, 'I'm bored when you kids arent here at home with me' ... kool huh? :-[
Same as my mother! She feels bit bored cos I am married. But of course I still visit her so often whenever I can!
:D

FatimaAsSideqah
10-08-2008, 09:15 PM
no matter how clean the house is, its never clean enough!!!
Thats what my mother always said it to me when I am young! :mmokay: ;D

Güven
10-08-2008, 10:00 PM
^can you please tell me why she tells that , cuz my mom wont tell me :-[

FatimaAsSideqah
10-08-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

Ermmm I will trying to think one of reason! :mmokay:

Being to be clean up is good exercise, it can be give her to calm down and happy woman! ;D

Snowflake
10-08-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pk_#2
She sed shut de hell up.
you suppose to ask when shes in a good mode

try it again
she probably was bored to have said that lol

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 10:34 PM
^ either that or she was sayin "how dare you suggest i ever get bored!!" ;D

truemuslim
10-09-2008, 12:00 AM
oops!

truemuslim
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
delet please :mmokay:

truemuslim
10-09-2008, 12:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven

bcuz she wants u to help her out....im just surprised a brother would clean when his mum tells him to, without gettin a big fights started :mmokay: ...
mashallah.

my mum wont tell me either but i jus guess, i go "oh issit because ur pregnant?" nd she goes "...:happy: yeh yeh thats it" ;D :p ... i dont mind, i'll clean up the world for her, nd wipe out all the people she hates, which means nobody tho coz she dont hate noone.. fine i'll wipe out all the peple who piss her off, talk bout her behind her back (i think i'v handled my aunties tho so that wont be necessary) , who stare at her without smiling :heated: how dare they! nnnd of course, nethin else she wants.

Yanal
10-09-2008, 12:11 AM
Asalam Alaykum my mom ther is so different she always says (when my dads gone to work) and i am doing my homework "I am bored son" Same as my sister.

truemuslim
10-09-2008, 12:13 AM
^ ur mum ur sis, nd dont forget YOU
forgot wat it say under ur name ?? :p

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.