/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Would you get offended...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-08-2008, 03:51 PM
okay would you consider this as offensive;

if someone you knew was trying to tell you about Islam and said:

''If you're a Muslim then you should know that this life is temporary we should be preparing for the afterlife''

on the topic of time/having nothing to do/being bored...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
10-08-2008, 03:54 PM
erm.. not at all. If he is helping me improve my akhira then why would I get offended?

Musaafirah
10-08-2008, 04:01 PM
Nope! Wouldn't be offended, would be pleased if my mate said that! Definitely worth having as a friend!

------
10-08-2008, 04:02 PM
:salamext:

I would if my mood was totally off.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
10-08-2008, 04:03 PM
no not realy offending , he/she is remindin me so i appreciate that even if there is a lil exaggeration..
But also the tone , the approach is important , if you say it an nice and friendly waayy
it feels waaaaaaay more comfortable then someone who is angry and irritated..then ofcourse i would be a LITTLE offended :)

:w:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 04:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS

''If you're a Muslim then you should know that this life is temporary we should be preparing for the afterlife''

nope i wouldnt be offended.

but most would :p

جوري
10-08-2008, 04:42 PM
is it the beginning of a philosophical debate or a portal to insult the friend over things s/he is doing incorrectly?

Al-Zaara
10-08-2008, 04:43 PM
"If you're a Muslim then you should know that this life is temporary we should be preparing for the afterlife."

Me: "Are you reading my mind?"

Na7lah
10-08-2008, 04:44 PM
wudn't be offended, but they COULD use a better approach

Danah
10-08-2008, 04:54 PM
nope......I will look it as a reminder...thats all
and by the way it always happened to me, either someone told me or I told someone else

suffiyan007
10-08-2008, 04:58 PM
Hmm...depend on the situation...we can't be offensive.if we are offensive maybe someone tryin' to screw you up....!..

noorseeker
10-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Well when i didnt practice , i said to my friend, because i dont pray i dont see my self as muslim, and if someone came up to me and said your not my muslim bro, then i wouldnt argue with them.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-08-2008, 05:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
is it the beginning of a philosophical debate or a portal to insult the friend over things s/he is doing incorrectly?
nope, the reason I asked is because someone got really offended and saw it as an accusation of being called non-Muslim because of the word 'IF' being used.

suffiyan007
10-08-2008, 05:58 PM
:scared: :grumbling

Lamees
10-08-2008, 07:17 PM

Of course not!

I wish there would be someone to tell me that everyday..

every muslim should keep reminding others nd HIMSELF of that FACT:cry:

Ansariyah
10-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Depends how it was said? and who said it to who?

The tone is very important to me.

Muezzin
10-08-2008, 07:29 PM

That's not offensive.

This is offen-

Well, I was about to link to something, but then I remembered my manners.

In the context of being bored, I'd be more likely to find an answer like 'Only boring people get bored' offensive in a tongue-in-cheek manner that facilitates much ribbing and merriment.

kwolney01
10-08-2008, 07:34 PM
Of course not..it is true this life is temp. we should all be preparing for the afterlife. This life is only a test.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.