Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
IbnAbdulHakim
10-08-2008, 11:03 PM
^ the next article she writes will be

"oh what a poor confused old lady i am, woe is me"

but that wont see the light of day, no siree BOB

rpwelton
10-08-2008, 11:57 PM
I remember reading this article before I converted about a year ago. I would like to know how she feels when she reads the following verse:

"Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve." (5:73)

The main question is: why? What is the reason she feels she has to be both Christian and Muslim.

doorster
10-09-2008, 01:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by rpwelton
I remember reading this article before I converted about a year ago. I would like to know how she feels when she reads the following verse:

"Certainly they disbelieve who say: Surely Allah is the third (person) of the three; and there is no god but the one God, and if they desist not from what they say, a painful chastisement shall befall those among them who disbelieve." (5:73)

The main question is: why? What is the reason she feels she has to be both Christian and Muslim.
:sl:

http://www.islamicboard.com/772296-post3.html
A little difficult for me to understand. However, with what I know of the Episcopalian Church I can see how an Episcopalian would see no need for any theological disagreement between and Episcopalian and Islam.

The difficulty will arise in how her Muslim beliefs can agree with her Episcopalian beliefs.

If memory serves me Episcopalians are not bound to accept the Trinity as fact and some see the concept more as a Metaphor.

the question will be if she is willing to accept the authority of the Qur'an and Ahadith over the Bible and Church doctrine.
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
10-09-2008, 03:17 AM
Please see this thread.

http://www.islamicboard.com/world-af...tml#post772296

No more needs to be said on this thread, post on the earlier thread.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.