/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Praying problems

Yanal
10-09-2008, 12:34 AM
Asalam Alaykum. Well i think with all my previous threads need hel waking for fajr (etc) i think some clever and wise people must've guessed that i have trouble praying.
Heres the problem. One day i pray and the other i don't. Before i went to the Playland (lots of rides) i started to pray and then the next day i went to Playland for 9 hours and i was so tired i couldn't get up and i didn't pray. What can a person do.
Heres what i have to do daily.:
School.Homework. soccer.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
10-09-2008, 03:16 AM
If you are physically too tired to pray standing up you can always pray sitting down or laying down.

Either way you have to pray regardless if you are physically too tired, sick, or just unable to pray standing. I would say to pray sitting down since you are probably physically too tired to pray standing.

I hope this helps brother. I wish you all the best

Allah Alum

Tanya Khan
10-09-2008, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
Asalam Alaykum. Well i think with all my previous threads need hel waking for fajr (etc) i think some clever and wise people must've guessed that i have trouble praying.
Heres the problem. One day i pray and the other i don't. Before i went to the Playland (lots of rides) i started to pray and then the next day i went to Playland for 9 hours and i was so tired i couldn't get up and i didn't pray. What can a person do.
Heres what i have to do daily.:
School.Homework. soccer.
:sl:

I have the same problem. I pray one day, and the next I find myself too exhausted from work/play. I'm anaemic and I think I also suffer from Fatigue and I'm tired and short of breath ALL THE TIME.

Oh and by the way, how do you pray laying down? :hmm:

Also, the fact is my wudu keeps breaking and I can not keep it for longer than 5 mins, especially when I'm waiting for the next namaaz and I try my best to stay in wudu state. I don't know how other people can keep it so long.

cute123
10-09-2008, 11:29 AM
I understand praying fajr is difficult and if one misses fajr we are a lot behind throughout the whole day. what i do is - 3- 4 alarms. snoozing every 5 minutes. till i wake up. this is physically. but the actual thing that drives is .

On the authority of the mother of the believers, Umm Habiba Ramla bint Abi Sufyan, she said, ‘I heard the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) say “There is no Muslim servant of Allah who prays twelve supererogatory rakats from other than the obligatory prayer for the sake of Allah most high except that Allah makes for him a house in paradise”’ [Muslim].

On the authority of ‘A’isha’, the mother of the believers (Allah be pleased with her), the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him and give him peace) said ‘The two [sunna] rakats of the Morning Prayer are better than the world and what it contains’ [Muslim].

A’isha’ (Allah be pleased with her) also said ‘The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) was not more diligent about performing any supererogatory prayer more than the two [sunna] rakats of the Morning Prayer’ [Bukhari & Muslim].

Plz read this link
http://www.ummah.net/Al_adaab/fiqh/sunnah_prayers.html

Its difficult - but once u practise and impose it upon urself and give it the utmost importance to protect it on time. Allah subhanawatallah makes it easy for you. It becomes a part of your life. further what we need to take care is after its habit - the sincerity - thats the key. if its not there allah forbid and make us sincere in our efforts.
ameen.

I will inshallah include u all in my prayers and you all include me in your prayers.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Lonely Gal
10-09-2008, 11:44 AM
For some reason I can get upstraight away, As soon as the alarm goes Im out of bed.. keep telling yourself u have to get up no matter what, dont let your self fall bak to sleep, not even close ur eyes

------
10-09-2008, 01:13 PM
:salamext:

Get a friend to mis call ur mobile.

ayan333
10-09-2008, 01:46 PM

ok ill jus aske my quetionii here sinceits about Prayer

ok the bus come stoo pick me up at 6:25ish n Fajr is nt till 6:29..so can i Pray early

it isnt a problem when i take my Dads car but i cant take it everyday

:w:

Yanal
10-09-2008, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by - Serene -
:salamext:

Get a friend to mis call ur mobile.
parents wont aloow that to call 5 in the morning

TrueStranger
10-09-2008, 09:59 PM
ALARM CLOCK:sunny:

Haron♥Islam
10-10-2008, 08:45 AM
Before you go to sleep:
• Recite Chapter 1, 112,113,114.
• Your Iman and Niya before going to sleep will wake you up for Fajr.
• JazakAllahu Khairan. ♥

Tanya Khan
10-10-2008, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
ALARM CLOCK:sunny:
Yes... and also, make sure to have 3 alarms by your side. That's the only thing that gets me up. I have 2 alarms next to me because I keep turning them off in my sleep an I only realise I've missed Fajar when my eyes open at 8pm :D

So, what I do is keep 2 alarms next to me and I keep one (really loud one) as far away from my bed as possible, so that I have to get up to turn it off. :D

Ushae
10-10-2008, 05:37 PM
Personally when my phone alarm goes off and I feel too tired to get up. I sometimes picture Shaitan laughing at me. That really gets me going lol !

Yanal
10-11-2008, 01:21 AM
But i always have a hard time sleeping on time i go to bed at 9pm and get to sleep at 12
Any suggestions why?

TrueStranger
10-11-2008, 02:21 AM
Parents shouldn't allow you to miss fajr prayers.

Tell them it is to help you get up for fajr prayers.

maryam87
10-11-2008, 04:18 AM
But i always have a hard time sleeping on time i go to bed at 9pm and get to sleep at 12
Any suggestions why?
I have that same problem no matter how tired iam I find it hard to fall asleep
its soo annoying I try putting Quran on but I end up staying up later listening to it

transition?
10-11-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
Parents shouldn't allow you to miss fajr prayers.

Tell them it is to help you get up for fajr prayers.
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam87
I have that same problem no matter how tired iam I find it hard to fall asleep
its soo annoying I try putting Quran on but I end up staying up later listening to it

Do you watch television or work the computer right before you go to sleep?
The light from the screen causes the body to produce chemicals that keep you awake.

transition?
10-11-2008, 05:59 PM
Fajr is really hard for me to get up. But at night I try to prep myself.
If you have a hard time getting up and sincerely thinking about praying Fajr:
I learned that if you first try to exaggerate your excitement and need to pray Fajr, you'll slowly start to get that attitude. And then you'll really be excited to pray everyday because after a few prayers, the result on your imaan will be evident.
If you have your own room and use a clock to check the time: Use the alarm to wake you up, but I also use a big clock on the wall. Right next to the wall, make a poster with a reminder to pray Fajr or an ayat that always picks you to the right thing. Have something that reminds you why you are trying to wake for Fajr and turn your life around.
And I have posters to remind of Islam, Fajr prayer lol all over the wall next to clock so when I wake up I see them, and realize that I need to wake up!

There always tiny things that you can start to do, until you get the habit down =)

Yanal
10-12-2008, 12:04 AM
jazakallah kayr for all suggestions. But today i had 2 soccer games (we won) and tomorrow 3 and the first one starts at 8 so i have to wake 6 and i am going to pray FAJR but i am going to be to tired like today to pray.

MO783
10-16-2008, 11:22 AM

Make someone get you up or even ask someone to phone you.

Also make Dua

Yanal
10-16-2008, 02:27 PM
mashallah this. Suggestions worked.I just prayed fajr

------
10-16-2008, 02:29 PM
put an alarm on?!

truemuslim
10-16-2008, 03:54 PM
^ lol sis alarms are always the most useless thing if theyr alone

put on an alarm,
have on of These OR these, next to ur bed...or better yet...... THAT or jus any sort of bug that'll scare u nd make u jump up
when the alarm rings, u wake up to close it, then u accidently touch a drink nd start drinking, if u take a red bull or monster, you wont be able to go back to sleep, so its only good if u got skool, nd coke is best, nd bug is sick, but also works..................hmmm...

well thers my "advice " :Evil:

BNDGR
10-16-2008, 04:23 PM
MashaAllah bro on praying Fajr this am. I have a hard time falling asleep early and press the snooze ALOT, I am definetely working on getting up for Fajr prayer too. InshaAllah it will become easier for us all.

Yanal
10-16-2008, 11:24 PM
jazakallah came from school going to pray dhur and asr

transition?
10-17-2008, 02:21 AM
jazakallah came from school going to pray dhur and asr

MASHAALLAH!

BlackMamba
10-17-2008, 03:24 AM
I literally have 3-4 alarms go off all at strategic points of my room. The first to go off is from my digital Quran and that is the azan right at beginning of Fajr. Then i have my phone alarm go off about 15 minutes later. And if i still am not up 10 minutes later, I have my mp3 player set to blast Quran (Surah At-Tawba- Shuraim) at the end of my room so i have to get up to reach it. This way I can efficiently wake up for Fajr.

Yanal
10-17-2008, 10:29 PM
the problem of alarms in my room is that my little brother(4yrs) sleeps with me but I always wake by my mother because my little sister goes to bc Muslim school so my mom wakes me and her at6 55

Güven
10-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I set Two or maybe Three Alarms on my mobile to wake me up for fajr
cuz One alarm obviously wont work , and a trilling alarm would be handy :D

Aay1K0
02-08-2019, 12:08 PM
For more comfort, you can install this Azan Reminder App in your smartphone and get notified with the timing of each Namaz.

Predator
02-18-2019, 11:06 AM
Setting more than 1 alarm definitely helps.it also helps if it is loud but kept at a distance ,so we need to get up from the bed to stop the alarm and then go straight to wudhu and then onto Salah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.