/* */

PDA

View Full Version : turning it around

AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 12:40 PM
I just need some advice after living several years in ignorance I have recently following Islam properly I have stopped watching tele music and listnening and praying mashallah but i just get a scared feeling that would i be able to strong and keep it up I guess i have doubt because i some time doubt my self and keep getting a feeling that how long is this change gonna last for little voice in my head always promts doubt. it also doesnt help cause non of my friends are practicing.

what can i do to strengthen my faith and always keep my faith strong..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noorseeker
10-09-2008, 03:27 PM
When you first start praying , you get on a high, the body and mind feel good when you change,, Take each day as it comes, you start wanting to buy every islamic book there is , you wana do this , learn that. you over whelm your self.

Ive seen a lot of brothers do this, they come mosque to every prayers , look very enthusiastic, and only last a couple of weeks,

Remember now shaytan see,s you are about to leave his army ,and join Allah swt army, you think he,s happy, man he us vexed, and he is so gonna come after you,

but dont let that scare you, imaan takles time to build up , and inshallah you wil become stronger.

please please , try and withdraw from your friends , not cut contact , but withdraw a bit, they will understand im sure and not take it personally i can assure you,
Yes the road ahead might look lonely and scary, but its the only way,

May Allah swt grant you faith , and new better friends, who will keep you on the right path

IbnAbdulHakim
10-09-2008, 03:28 PM
everysecond of your life... your gonna struggle
your gonna be tested, your gnna be torn from left to right.
ur gnna feel tempted, ur gnna feel heated
your gonna lose it, wishing you never did..

but.. if your sincere.. Allah will always bring you back

so relax, smile, at least you got emaan for now :)

Hamayun
10-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Subhan Allah Bro. You stole the words from my mouth. I feel the same. I have recently returned to Islam and hope I can keep it up.

I find that saying your Salaat helps the most. The more you do it the better you feel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 03:43 PM
[QUOTE=nightstar;1021694]When you first start praying , you get on a high, the body and mind feel good when you change,, Take each day as it comes, you start wanting to buy every islamic book there is , you wana do this , learn that. you over whelm your self.

How come at first we feel so strongly and so supported at the begining and after few weeks later it doesnt feel the same

sometimes when im praying i feel bit negative i feel like a wasted so much time due to ignorance and now im turning to allah I feel like allah is disappointed in me

AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
[QUOTE=AnonymousGender;1021707]
format_quote Originally Posted by nightstar
When you first start praying , you get on a high, the body and mind feel good when you change,, Take each day as it comes, you start wanting to buy every islamic book there is , you wana do this , learn that. you over whelm your self.

How come at first we feel so strongly and so supported at the begining and after few weeks later it doesnt feel the same

sometimes when im praying i feel bit negative i feel like a wasted so much time due to ignorance and now im turning to allah I feel like allah is disappointed in me
even sometimes wen i pray i get a little voice in my head saying you can praying all u want but no one cares about you

sometimes i feel really alone as im not really interacting that much with friends either.

noorseeker
10-09-2008, 03:46 PM
its not only salat, whenever you start to do something new in life, learn a new language, go to the gym, learn a new skill, you start on a high but then you you fall,

you have to be stead fast

Uthman
10-09-2008, 04:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
I guess i have doubt because i some time doubt my self and keep getting a feeling that how long is this change gonna last for little voice in my head always promts doubt.
This could be Waswaas - whispers from the Shaytan. The better a Muslim you are, the harder Shaytan will fight for you. Therefore, you shouldn't worry since even the best of Muslims can experience moments of doubt. :)

AnonymousPoster
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
lol im a sister

basically one of my family member passed away which made me realise a lot of things about life the only thing kept me going is my faith in islam. But now that i feel bit more stronger alhamdulillah but im just scared of loosing the faith because im not really in contact with my friends and have been spending a lot of my own and focusing on the things that really matter. i work with all most non muslim and some people at work may think im practicing because it gives me ease and comfort. Some days im really strong i can tolerate and keep focus and not let every thing and every one get to me other days i feel really low and and alone cause i feel so apart from my friends and everyone. but i know this is the way of life and i want to keep it that way.

How do you guys keep your faith so strong and stay positive.

roohani.doctor
10-09-2008, 09:29 PM
staying strong in your faith will take a lot of effort and determination on your part, you will have to work for it everyday... i've struggled with these "phases" for a while now, and wut i can say is that dont stop praying, because wen you do that, everything else will follow, and to get back on track is harder than staying on track... make new friends to confide in and share your feelings, being lonely can be a strain... go to the masjid when you can... may allah give you the strength to remain on this path ameen

transition?
10-10-2008, 06:57 PM
MashAllah, sister, I think you're really doing well.
I recently came across a book on self development called the Early Hours.
http://www.islamicboard.com/685075-post26.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.