/* */

PDA

View Full Version : u prefer.........

truemuslim
10-09-2008, 04:59 PM
rich or poor??

this:

OR THIS:

i kno I prefer the second one,,,,(mostly coz the food looks deliiiicious)

sorry pics r too big

p.s. Salam!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-09-2008, 06:17 PM
in the middle , not poor and not rich , and what Allah wills ! :)

:w:

Na7lah
10-09-2008, 06:22 PM
wudn't care, i'm happy with wat ever Allah gives me :)

Sahabiyaat
10-09-2008, 06:27 PM
when you are comfortable in a bed as big as that and with that much abundant food, you eat and sleep more and remember Allah less...this isnt true for everyone, but i would feel guilty everyday kknowing the world suffers while i have more than i need, so either, if i was rich, i'd be as charitable as possible to cleanse my wealth or if i were poor i'd just thank Allah.

Its not bad to want wealth ,as long as you put it to good use and give the poor their due.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
FatimaAsSideqah
10-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't care, it is up to Allah Taala, who He chooses to be rich and who He wishes to stay poor.

BlissfullyJaded
10-09-2008, 06:29 PM
:sl:

Wealth is a test, and I don't even like the lifestyle. I like being in the middle, to have just enough for myself and whatever else I have I can give to the poor.

But, if we were to be wealthy, may Allah bless us with guidance to be like that of the companions (Radiallahu Anhum) who were wealthy and spent it in a way that benefited the ummah.

Soulja Girl
10-09-2008, 06:32 PM
:sl:

Happy wiv whatever Allah gives moi init! :D

:w:

Blue Rose
10-10-2008, 11:18 AM
alhumdulillah happy with what i have... not rich but not poor wither alhumdulillah

Re.TiReD
10-10-2008, 11:38 AM
In matters of wealth etc etc....be moderate.

After all, we are of the Ummah Wasat

Lamees
10-11-2008, 12:18 PM
also in the middle..nobody knows what would happen for him and his Iman if he became too rich..or too poor..

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 12:55 PM
I'd like to be rich and blessed. If not then poor and blessed, but never rich without Allah's blessings.

p.s. That chunky wooden bed looks so solid, plus it'd make a good raft if there was a flood ;D

Al-Zaara
10-11-2008, 12:57 PM
^ I second that. MashaAllah!

That is why I won't vote, why say 'Rich' and then 'Poor but blessed', when you can be blessed whilst being rich aswell? It's unfair to state the poll like that.

Wealth is not the only test we go through, being guided is all that matters.

chacha_jalebi
10-11-2008, 01:45 PM
^ i 3rd that

wealth dont matter, money is a piece of paper, and with a piece of paper, you clean yourselfs, so thats how money should be treated, if you got money spend it :D Allah (swt) will give you more!

the ones who are not blessed are the rich who dont spend for good causes, or the stingy!

but rich or poor, aslong as your blessed by Allah (swt) your sorted, although i wouldnt mind livin in a hut or somethin:D but i wudnt care if rich/poor,

noorseeker
10-11-2008, 01:47 PM
Just enough to be happy, no one wants poverty, but if you re rich, you should spend it in the path of Allah swt

MustafaMc
10-11-2008, 01:49 PM
Should we not strive to follow the example of Prophet Muhammad (saaws) and his companions? Did they not live simply without denying the favors of Allah? Wealth in and of itself is not bad unless one spends it wastefully in self-indulgence. Remember surah at-Takathur O mankind, you have been distracted by the rivalry of piling up worldly gains against one another. You will never be satisfied until you get into the grave. Nevertheless, soon you shall come to know. Again, nevertheless, soon you shall come to know. Nay! Would that you knew through the real knowledge provided to you in this Qur'an and care about your life in the Hereafter. Because on the Day of Judgement when you shall see the hell, and see it with the certainty of your own eyes - you shall believe it, but that belief is going to do you no good because - on that Day, you shall be questioned about the blessings (faculties and resources that you were given in the worldly life - as to how you used them?)

The wealthy will have to give an account for how they spent their money and what they spend in charity will be good for them.

Sahabiyaat
10-11-2008, 02:41 PM
the poor will enter Jannah before the rich...so which would you really prefer.

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 02:54 PM
the poor i guess

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 05:41 PM
Some people say they are happy with what they have and all that. However, that's true for most of us when it is only ourselves we are thinking of. But am I right to think that if you consider how many other people you could help if you were rich, surely that would change your mind?

MustafaMc
10-11-2008, 05:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
But am I right to think that if you consider how many other people you could help if you were rich, surely that would change your mind?
In that sense, you are exactly correct. For example, if someone makes $150,000 per year, but lives off of only $50,000 per year then he would have $100,000 per year to spend in charity. ....but if he lived opulently off of $148,000 and only had $2,000 for charity, don't you think he would have to give an account before Allah as to why he lived so wastefully?

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 06:11 PM
don't you think he would have to give an account before Allah as to why he lived so wastefully?
Of course. That's why it's important one has knowledge with wealth to be successful in terms of deen.

kwolney01
10-11-2008, 06:14 PM
If it were up to me to choose, then I'd be poor but blessed. Sometimes money can change people and not always in a good way. I'd rather suffer on Earth but we blessed in Jannah!:D

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
If it were up to me to choose, then I'd be poor but blessed. Sometimes money can change people and not always in a good way. I'd rather suffer on Earth but we blessed in Jannah!:D
if it was about choice, you could also be rich and blessed, no? again I notice that most remarks about prefering poverty or being happy with what you have, are made with one's ownself in mind.

MustafaMc
10-11-2008, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scents of Jannah
if it was about choice, you could also be rich and blessed, no? again I notice that most remarks about prefering poverty or being happy with what you have, are made with one's ownself in mind.
To be honest, when most people think about being rich, they think in terms of having at least one mansion, fancy cars and a big yacht - in other words what material things they can consume. If one thinks in terms as you seem to have in mind then it is great to be wealthy - in the sense of what good they can do with their charity.

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
To be honest, when most people think about being rich, they think in terms of having at least one mansion, fancy cars and a big yacht - in other words what material things they can consume. If one thinks in terms as you seem to have in mind then it is great to be wealthy - in the sense of what good they can do with their charity.
InshaAllah. I see no other purpose of wealth and for a muslim, there should be no other purpose of wealth except to be able to spend it in the way of Allah.

Yanal
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah421
wudn't care, i'm happy with wat ever Allah gives me :)
Asalam alaykum i agree whatever allah wills to give us is just right here and benifits and non-benefits :)
Rich: TO cool and rich to pray and have to much pleasure around them to pray.
Poor :benefit, think life to long so why not pray and get blessed by allah.
But i would like middle class

wth1257
10-12-2008, 12:08 AM
Well...

I'm a University Student, so I'm always poor:cry:

and if I do law or grad school I will be very busy, very sleepy, and very poor for a long while:'(
But after that I'd be rich(ish):D

At which point I would hope to have the fortitude to use my money as genereously as possible.

And do lots and lots of pro bono work:bump:

Snowflake
10-13-2008, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
Asalam alaykum i agree whatever allah wills to give us is just right here and benifits and non-benefits :)
Rich: TO cool and rich to pray and have to much pleasure around them to pray.
Poor :benefit, think life to long so why not pray and get blessed by allah.
But i would like middle class

Ah! But sometimes Allah may will more for us than we achieve. But due to our sins we are left empty of those blessings. And Allah likes those who ask.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.