/* */

PDA

View Full Version : body odour

nadia85
10-09-2008, 05:13 PM
aslam malikom ,hope u r all ok inshallah,what is the best way to deal with a person who is close to u, bo sweaty armpits:hmm:it s sunnah that a man shouls shave armpits etc but what if he doesnt and:confused: has bo hows the best way to tell some 1

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-10-2008, 06:39 PM
WaAlykumAlsalaamWarahmatAllah

Thread approved

Umhh, if that guy is within the family or a husband, then it would be much easier to tell him. What i always say, its better u telling them and maybe hurt them slightly than other people feeling not comfortable being around them and maybe backbite about them.

AnonymousPoster
10-10-2008, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mikayeel
WaAlykumAlsalaamWarahmatAllah

Thread approved

Umhh, if that guy is within the family or a husband, then it would be much easier to tell him. What i always say, its better u telling them and maybe hurt them slightly than other people feeling not comfortable being around them and maybe backbite about them.
yea dun like go up2 dem wen dey around ppl, coz it myt sound stoopid hun, bt dey myt nt b aware, so wen dis person is alone,n be like, listen yu hav a prob dat yu needa fix, tel em de situation nicely n tel em, yu knw if yu fix it ppl wil generally feel beta around yu, obviously no1 wants ta b around sum1 hu smells lik bo,

If it's not sum1 close mb yu can ask sum1 close to dem to ask dem, 2 b honest e-mail myt b easier, der les likely to get embaressed dat way, rememba yu wna help dem in de best wai posibel fo dem,

nehow tkr. :D

ciao =) Anon #23456789

roohani.doctor
10-10-2008, 07:25 PM
shaving armpits for men is halal? really?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nadia85
10-10-2008, 09:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by londonfog
i belive so yes

Afifa
10-10-2008, 09:24 PM
buy them some nice aftershave or something :D

Cabdullahi
10-10-2008, 09:25 PM
sister tell him in a polite way, dont be blunt!!! you either say it nicely to him or keep your mouth shut

example 1 : 'brother, there is this nice deodorant i saw in boots just as i was walking by the mens section and it caught my eye,i was thinking of getting it for you but i thought id better ask you first,apparently if you take a shower beforehand and apply the deodorant it lasts longer and it gives of different fragrances,so what do you think its really nice'???

example 2: ufffffff what's wrong with you!! have u ever heard of a deodorant before,for goodness sake take a shower man!

nadia85
10-10-2008, 09:28 PM
of course i will tell him in nice way i aint going 2 b harsh

Lamees
10-10-2008, 09:33 PM
Telling him in a polite way is the best thing u can do sis.
but u can also tell him the Hadith that talks abt the five things that are part of Fitra
[link removed]

and Allah -swt- knows best

Muhammad
10-10-2008, 09:34 PM
:sl:

This is actually an encouraged practice in Islam. Allaah (swt) has prescribed for His Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and his Ummah the Sunan al-Fitrah (practices that are in accordance with the natural inclinations of man):

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Five things are part of the fitrah: circumcision, removing the pubic hair, trimming the moustache, cutting the nails, and plucking the armpit hair.” (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 5441)

For further information, you can see:

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/2887
http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/9028

This kind of information might also be a good basis on which to tell the person. You could inform them of this practice in Islam and they might appreciate the need to act without being told directly.

Cabdullahi
10-10-2008, 09:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nadia85
of course i will tell him in nice way i aint going 2 b harsh
alhamdulilah

nadia85
10-10-2008, 09:41 PM
masallah useful info allah hafiz

Lamees
10-10-2008, 09:48 PM
Last edited by Muhammad; 1 Minute Ago at 09:41 PM. Reason: The link contained some inauthentic teachings relating to sufism (in other parts of the website), wAllaahu A'lam.
thanks for removing the link...I didn't read the whole page...Jazaka Allahu khair brother..

جوري
10-10-2008, 09:51 PM
Send him an anonymous deodorant sample by mail..
They always send samples out through the mail, so it won't hurt his feelings (Insha'Allah)

or you can just give his address to one of these free promo sites, so they can do it directly

http://freebies.about.com/od/beautyf.../p/ossfsfm.htm

where it will look even less and less suspicious...

and Allah knows best

:w:

Ushae
10-11-2008, 12:31 PM
It's compulsory lol.

SixTen
10-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Hmm, I wouldn't take the polite approach. I think, it may seem too personal and the person may be more offended/embarassed!

I think, best way is, straight out, jokingly, say it, that he is stinking! I won't give an example, but I guess you know what I mean. Do it in a non-serious/joking way, the message will get through to him and due to its humerous nature - no one really is going to take it personally.

seeker-of-light
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
if is someone you dont know then probably would be best to not tell them and move away as soon as possible (it would be rather awkward for a stranger to tell them that they had bad b.o.) if is someone like a family member or close friend then you should tell them quietly so that you dont announce it to everyone else around them and embarass them, and if you have deodorant with you for them to use that is even better:)

bewildred
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Body odours are like shortcomings. Only the others notice them......

FatimaAsSideqah
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
The Prophet (PBUH) said that ‘cleanliness if part of faith’. So we must take care to be well-groomed, keeping our bodies and clothing clean, especially at times of worship. Underpants, panties and socks should be changed daily in order to avoid unpleasant odours. It is permissible to remove the hair under the armpits.

rozeena
10-11-2008, 09:45 PM
yeh like everyones mentioned sis just put it to him nicely or jus say indirectly, give a example of imaginary persn lol.thats wt i would do just 2 not hurt his feelings.

The Khan
10-12-2008, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ushae
It's compulsory lol.
:sl:

It is sunnat, not fardh. Harmful bacteria tend to settle on pubic and armpit air, hence, it is good to shave these areas. As for circumcision, it prevents a certain type of cancer in that area.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.