/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gift for Fiance?

AbdulHaq
10-11-2008, 04:17 AM
Salamualaikum wa Rahmatullah,

I wanted to know what you guys think...

I'm engaged to be married. We have not done the Nikah yet.

Do you think it is appropriate to buy my fiance a gift?
AND
What do you think is a good gift to give her?

We don't know each other that well, and I want to start out on the right foot by creating some love between us, in a halal way.

I'd really appreciate your input.

JazakAllah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
kwolney01
10-11-2008, 04:21 AM
Well first let me say CONGRATS brother!!

MashAllah!!

Since you don't know her very well I would say something that would appeal to a lot of women. Maybe you could give her a sweet card and some roses or something??? You could give her some books on marriage and give her a card saying that you can't wait to go on this journey with her??

I can't think of any specific thing you could give her, but a nice card and roses would be nice? That way its not to over the top and your not giving her something she may not like.

Maybe someone else will come up with something better. I would say just use your imagination and get creative!!

Good luck brother!!
I wish you all the best!!

BlissfullyJaded
10-11-2008, 04:26 AM
:sl:

Where are you from? :? And did you / your family already give a gift during the engagement? Cuz if you did give during the engagement, then I don't think it matters to give now.

AbdulHaq
10-11-2008, 04:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

Where are you from? :? And did you / your family already give a gift during the engagement? Cuz if you did give during the engagement, then I don't think it matters to give now.

No, there was no formal celebration, we just agreed to get married at a later date. There were no gifts exchanged either.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BlissfullyJaded
10-11-2008, 04:32 AM

Ah, okies, I get it. In that case, you could buy a piece of jewelry if it's within your means to do so. Or a watch. Or a pretty handbag. Something that lasts her a while and flowers and a sweet card to go with it.

Mabrook btw. May Allah bless you both with much happiness and love together and protect you both from any harm. Ameen.

AbdulHaq
10-11-2008, 02:24 PM
JazakAllah for the Replies. Very good ideas.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

chacha_jalebi
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
well how about a copy of a book or summin

i want hayatus sahaba :embarrass the full volume! and throw in umrah tickets :D

but then depends on your wife, maybe she likes the rings and them type of stuff

Sahabiyaat
10-11-2008, 02:28 PM
congrats!!

a necklace!, something she can always wear, and keep and remember :D

it doesnt have to be expensive, £ 4.99 should do i it lol, only dont tell her that! :nervous::D

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-11-2008, 04:48 PM

Get her something unique, something that stands out from everything else and from what anyone else can give her. But even if it's something simple like a hijab with a certain color, or a necklace, you can be like: "I saw this item and I could only think of you and just had to get it for you." etc etc. You know, make it sweet, loving, genuine and something that says you really put thought into it. Usually for women it isn't as much the item, as it is the thought, caring and love with which it's given...

Güven
10-11-2008, 04:57 PM
Congratz bro !

well she is gonna be a wife sooo this would do it, Maybe ? :p :

or something unique :D

:w:

noorseeker
10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
buy her something you can use after you get married.

Buy her a PS3 lol, what????

Güven
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
congrats!!

a necklace!, something she can always wear, and keep and remember :D

it doesnt have to be expensive, £ 4.99 should do i it lol, only dont tell her that! :nervous::D

omg lool ;D isnt that too cheap for a wife ? :D

Lamees
10-11-2008, 05:09 PM
Mubarak brother:)

Anything you'll give her is gonna mean soooooooooo much to her ..believe me:sunny:

But..don't forget A RED ROSE with it:D

Baraka Allahu lakuma wa jama3a bainakoma fee khair..Ameeeeeen:)

Güven
10-11-2008, 05:14 PM
well some woman does want something expensive :X

ok im out of this thread

and OFFTOPIC : why is this brother a full member with 32 posts , doesnt a member has to get 50 posts to be a full member ?:D

Nájlá
10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
well spotted^

yeh i agree with bro Abu sayyad buy her something unique that will last for a while and will always remeber it.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Usually in the form of money or gold, it is intended as a dowry for her to use as she wishes. Religious gifts like Holy Book or Money or jewellery ( not to confuse with wedding ring) and also Quran and Islamic songs' CDs is an ideal wedding gift!

Snowflake
10-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Sponser an orphan in her name inshaAllah. To me that's a beautiful gift for obvious reasons.

AbdulHaq
10-12-2008, 04:46 AM
JazakAllah for all your responses. You all have been very helpful.

If anyone else has any suggestions, please feel free to respond.

julie sarri
10-12-2008, 05:14 AM
Islamic books are a good idea i remember before i was married my husband gave me this very simple bead bracelet he didn't have a lot of money we were both young at the time the bracelet was his and he used to wear it but just the fact that he cared about me that much to give me his own bracelet meant so much later on when we were married he brought me gold but that simple bracelet meant so much more so there is no real need to over spend

Khayal
10-12-2008, 05:47 AM

Very expensive, worth buying. maybe not now, but sometime later.. Maybe a ring now, the rest later.

1. Juicy Couture 'Viva La Juicy' Eau de Parfum

2. Charriol 'Celtic Noir' Bracelet

3. Charriol 'Celtic Noir' Ring

4. Charriol 'Flamme Blanche' Diamond Stud Earrings

:w:

Malaikah
10-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I know this might sound terrible, but you aren't married yet and only engaged, so don't forget that (God forbid) you guys might decide not to get married and you cannot ask for the gift back.

So... if you get her a diamond encrusted white gold ring that cost you half your life savings, even if the engagement is called off you can't ask for the ring back!!!

So um yeh, be a little wise! Get her something nice, something thoughtful, just not something that's going to make you broke!

Cabdullahi
10-12-2008, 10:13 AM
just get her a rollin pin and an apron...im joking

Get her something simple but nice

Sahabiyaat
10-12-2008, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
omg lool ;D isnt that too cheap for a wife ? :D
well im sorry for being so low maintenance!!! :D

anway akhee as all the sisters keep saying, it can be anything, price doesnt matter, your thought matters and i find just you asking us for advice is such a sweet gesture, maybe after youve given the gift you can show your fiance this thread, that will definately make her happy! and she will love you always! :D:thumbs_up

Sahabiyaat
10-12-2008, 10:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
just get her a rollin pin and an apron...im joking
:ooh::-\

original poster....how r u a full member???? u dnt have 50 posts....who are you really..hmmm^o)

AbdulHaq
10-12-2008, 11:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
:ooh::-\

original poster....how r u a full member???? u dnt have 50 posts....who are you really..hmmm^o)
I don't know, but I know that after I joined in 2006, I had over 50 posts. It's been a while since a logged in, and it shows me as having less than 50 now, something happened to a lot of my posts.
Maybe some of the threads that I posted in got deleted in that time period.

Re.TiReD
10-12-2008, 02:08 PM
:salamext:

If I was you, I wouldnt get her something jazzy, something that boasts class and bling. Whatever you get her, let it be sincere and from the heart.

Sometimes it is the smallest of gestures that mean the most. A single rose would do the trick, but then again so would a fully furnished apartment. The balance lies in simplicity along with compassion.

I'll say one thing though, she'll love whatever you get her.

WassalamuAlaykum

------
10-12-2008, 02:10 PM
^ not necessarily, some women are picky, they dont like everything.

ask her what she wants and get it for her

Sahabiyaat
10-12-2008, 02:39 PM
thats true..if you dont have any idea of her individual female taste (which differs across females.....i i know this is complicating...) then just get her a block of wood and tell her to stop moaning.
joking.:D

Ansariyah
10-12-2008, 02:52 PM
The double P'ss!

Write her a Poem, and get her a Perfume.

Channel no5 (chance) is pretty nice.

Lancome/Hypnose is just amazing.

Eternity by Calvin klein (summer) Will leave her saying wow.

Those perfumes are a bit pricey but they are worth it. You can choose one of them, if u want.

Mabrook btw!!:sunny:

Zahida
10-12-2008, 05:09 PM
:sl: First of all congratulations. May Allah Bless you both with His Rehmat always ameen...............

How about making a book? A book that has some info about you, what you like/dislike, expectations dreams things that annoy you frighten you etc etc with stories about you your childhood and some experiences you may have had good/bad and funny.......... Remember to make it lighthearted add photos/pics illustrations etc..... you don't want to put the poor girl off:bump:

That would be nice because you would have taken time and thought into making it.........It may also help you on your new journey as man and wife. InshAllah................

(just my opinion good luck!):)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-12-2008, 06:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: First of all congratulations. May Allah Bless you both with His Rehmat always ameen...............

How about making a book? A book that has some info about you, what you like/dislike, expectations dreams things that annoy you frighten you etc etc with stories about you your childhood and some experiences you may have had good/bad and funny.......... Remember to make it lighthearted add photos/pics illustrations etc..... you don't want to put the poor girl off:bump:

That would be nice because you would have taken time and thought into making it.........It may also help you on your new journey as man and wife. InshAllah................

Thats a unique idea or perhaps he can just giver his facebook add:X joking

well i'd say dont give her something too fancy or expensive because it migt set you of on the wrong foot, all i know is that some females will be delighted and others offended, just hope shes the type who cares more about thought then price.

I'd say get her a few things not too expensive though

Zahida
10-12-2008, 07:33 PM
FACEBOOK??????????????? R u serious???? This guy is going to marry this girl.... LOL:bump:

BNDGR
10-12-2008, 07:40 PM
Asalam alaikum brother,
Something that comes from your heart and you taking the time to think of her when picking it out would be so appreciated by your Fiance. It is not all about monitary value of the item in my opinion.
MashAllah on your upcoming marriage!!

Snowflake
10-12-2008, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: First of all congratulations. May Allah Bless you both with His Rehmat always ameen............... Ameen

format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Thats a unique idea or perhaps he can just giver his facebook add:X joking
I like the idea of sharing such experiences after marriage, preferably in a relaxed cosy setting. Seeing and hearing each others responses and expressions can bring you closer and create beautiful memories to cherish forever.

Zahida
10-12-2008, 09:08 PM
:bump:From my experience having being married for 16 years, you learn something new everyday............ The good, the bad and the ugly......:bump:

Snowflake
10-13-2008, 10:32 AM
^yes, too much of ugly.. that's why it's better to leave something beautiful to share later as well lololol

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.