/* */

PDA

View Full Version : my family doesnt like islam

seeker-of-light
10-11-2008, 03:04 PM
i am interested in islam but my family doesnt like it at all. they are catholic and think that all muslims are terrorists like the media makes it seem like. all muslims are not terrorists though, and even when i try to explain this to them they wont listen...can anyone help me please?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mikayeel
10-11-2008, 06:39 PM
Thread approved

noorseeker
10-11-2008, 10:44 PM
you have to just show them good videos and lectures , and mainly you are a muslim now Allahamdulillah, be a good example for them to see.

MustafaMc
10-11-2008, 11:12 PM
I appreciate that you are interested in Islam. The issue that you speak of is not an easy one to overcome. By exploiting un-Islamic actions by some desperate people in Middle Eastern countries such as Palestine and Iraq, the media and certain Christian ministers with radio or TV ministries have effectively demonized the whole religion. Islam does not promote terrorist actions such as suicide bombers and killing of women and children. http://www.isna.net/articles/Press-R...ST-TERROR.aspx

Fiqh Council of North America Issues a FATWA AGAINST TERROR

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 7/28/05) - The Fiqh Council of North America (FCNA) today released a fatwa or Islamic religious ruling, against terrorism and extremism. The fatwa was sponsored by CAIR and Islamic Society of North America and endorsed by more than 120 U.S. Muslim groups, leaders and institutions. (The term "fiqh" refers to Islamic jurisprudence.)
The fatwa, released during a news conference this morning at the National Press Club in Washington, D.C., states in part:

"Islam strictly condemns religious extremism and the use of violence against innocent lives. There is no justification in Islam for extremism or terrorism.
Targeting civilians' life and property through suicide bombings or any other method of attack is haram – or forbidden - and those who commit these barbaric acts are criminals, not 'martyrs'. In the light of the teachings of the Qur'an and Sunnah we clearly and strongly state:

• All acts of terrorism targeting civilians are haram (forbidden) in Islam.
  • It is haram for a Muslim to cooperate with any individual or group that is involved in any act of terrorism or violence.
  • It is the civic and religious duty of Muslims to cooperate with law enforcement authorities to protect the lives of all civilians. We issue this fatwa following the guidance of our scripture, the Qur'an, and the teachings of our Prophet Muhammad - peace be upon him."

The Press Conference was addressed by Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, Chairman of the Fiqh Council and a member of ISNA Board and a former President of ISNA. The current president of ISNA, Sheikh Muhammad Nur Abdullah, also addressed the press conference.

One thing to remember though is that Islam is not a passive religion that teaches us to "turn the other cheek" in response to aggressive actions and attacks by others. We are to defend ourselves and others that are being oppressed.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-11-2008, 11:18 PM
:sl:

Show them verses from the Bible regarding haraam things, from sources such as www.evilbible.com . Don't show them the website, mark out the verses in a copy of the Bible and show it to them. Also, search for verses from the new testament on google, there are many out there. As they are Catholics, you can point out the haraam acts of former popes such as John XII. You can point out terrorism in the Bible.

If you wish for any assistance in this regard from my part (I am a decent critic of Christianity) regarding paganism in Christianity, and evil acts in the bible, please let me know. I will gladly assist you where I can, for I have conducted a thorough study on such facts.

You may also check out this website on paganism on Christianity: http://www.pocm.info/ . However, it goes to the point of calling the religion a myth. Ignore that, for Jesus (AHS) was indeed a normal human being like you and me who was a mere messenger. Do not show any of these websites to your parents, however, point out these facts to them.

May Allah (SWT) guide you to righteousness, sister. Ameen.

MustafaMc
10-11-2008, 11:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan
Show them verses from the Bible regarding haraam things, ...

You may also check out this website on paganism on Christianity...
I don't believe that it is a good idea to suggest that a person in this position attack another religion. I see this as inappropriate for someone interested in learning more about Islam.

The Khan
10-12-2008, 07:29 AM
I am not attacking the faith or even recommending it. I think Christianity is a beautiful religion. If she wants to convince her parents of the beauty of Islam, she must show the drawbacks of Christianity. Otherwise, her parents will remain convinced that Islam is a religion of terrorists. All I'm suggesting is some research into what we consider the bid'a innovations in Christianity.

For example, just a week back, I was reading ******************** . A lot of questions regarding the four Madhabs popped into my mind, and I began to ask my mother about them. She got angry that I was reading from Shi'a sources. The I pointed out that the sources they've quoted are Sunni. That quietened her down. I did not end up becoming Shi'a, I rather hate sectarianism, but I have accepted a few views here and there.

Of course, getting into such details is not necessary, I know, I like going into such minor details. Thirst for knowledge.

What I'm merely suggesting is that sister should first point out a few controvertial verses here and there to her parents, along with a comparision to pagan rites, so that they understand why she has left Catholicism. Then, she may show the beauty of Islam.

After all, it's all fact. It's all history and religion.

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.