/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone read Tafsir Ibn Kathir??

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 07:32 PM
:sl:

Has anyone read Tafsir ibn Kathir is it good cuz i want to buy it n was wondering if u guys could tell me how it is??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
10-11-2008, 07:38 PM
Yes I would suggest that you buy it.
We've got the abridged version by Darrussalam and it's Excellent Mashallaah!

The original is very good, but longer as it includes allll the hadith relevant to the topic whether weak or strong (but states which is which).

So yeah buy it!:D

chacha_jalebi
10-11-2008, 09:07 PM
yeaah buy it :D

its wicked alhumdulilla, ive seen qurtubis tafsir, but apparently so far they have only published volume 1, its probably the best tafsir to be translated fully into english is tafsir ibn kathir! a must have, i sound like a seller lol :D buy it now and recieve a free dua :embarrass

Musaafirah
10-11-2008, 09:08 PM
^^ Where can I purchase the Darus-salaam version?
I've never read any books published by them, but I've heard that the books they publish are real good and easy to understand..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
transition?
10-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Yessssssss it is pretttttty awesome.

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
^^ Where can I purchase the Darus-salaam version?
I've never read any books published by them, but I've heard that the books they publish are real good and easy to understand..
Darus Salaam has a website where you can buy books.
Let me go google the exact address for you.

Their website is this : http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...Code=Eng_Quran

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rose_Ice
Yes I would suggest that you buy it.
We've got the abridged version by Darrussalam and it's Excellent Mashallaah!

The original is very good, but longer as it includes allll the hadith relevant to the topic whether weak or strong (but states which is which).

So yeah buy it!:D
Which one is the unabridged version?

FatimaAsSideqah
10-11-2008, 09:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Darus Salaam has a website where you can buy books.
Let me go google the exact address for you.

Their website is this : http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma...Code=Eng_Quran
Thats really good website to buying the books in that website!

Musaafirah
10-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Do they have a British website?

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Ok i'll buy it Insha Allah now wheres my dua :P. How many volumes does it hav ??

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:18 PM
Do they have a British website?
They have a British Office, so I'm assuming they have a British site. I'll check.

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:20 PM
Here's the list of websites/offices they have around the world:

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/about_us.htm

(yes! Uk is included =) )

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 09:21 PM
books by darusalam r very expensive here.

Musaafirah
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
OH MY DAYS! I've got Riadhus-saaliheen by them! (I apologise, I told a lie) I love that book!
But I didn't buy it from their website though.
Thank you sis!

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle18
books by darusalam r very expensive here.

Yeah they are a bit. =S. I always have to save up for them.
But then I realize that they offer quality books and they are quality Muslim sellers. So buying from them does help lots of Muslims, supporting Muslims and their life here. While investing some amount of money to get the ultimate prize, Heaven =). Investing $$ in people who make their lives from Dawah is bound to have great consequences =).
Do you live near any other Islamic bookstores? They might sell them too.

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
OH MY DAYS! I've got Riadhus-saaliheen by them! (I apologise, I told a lie) I love that book!
But I didn't buy it from their website though.
Thank you sis!
I got Riadhus Saaliheen from this site, Qatada's e-book PDF thread. :giggling:

But I really want to get the Islamic library from them. but it's out of stock!

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/store/ma..._Code=:scared:

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
i was talking abt Pakistan the books here r really expensive i bought the sealed nectar 4 abt 400 rs

transition?
10-11-2008, 09:30 PM
i was talking abt Pakistan the books here r really expensive i bought the sealed nectar 4 abt 400 rs
Oh I'm sorry sister.
I was blabbering on.
:hiding:

Periwinkle18
10-11-2008, 09:34 PM
np sis it does happen some times i really lyke the books but there really expensive,but now tht u n chacha ji said tht tafsir ibn kathir is really gud i'll ask my dad to buy it.

chacha_jalebi
10-12-2008, 09:25 AM
ibn kathirs tafsir has 10 volumesss

darus salam, have the most authentic books and propa well layed out and that, thats the benefit of buying them, they even have a shop in pakistan. Lahore in urdu bazaar

the main ones in london are walthamstow and regents park mosque, but nearly every islamic book shop has books by them! :D

Ayesha Rana
10-12-2008, 11:42 PM
oh i love the sealed nectar-its very touching Masha'Allah
Tafsir ibn kathir is in 10 volumes (abridged ones) and the original is still in arabic, not yet translated and may Allah bless in abundance whoever undertaked that task-i wish i could but i have limited arabic vocab...:(

And Darussalam has an excellent policy of only publishing authentic materials! May Allah put barakah in their efforts

Periwinkle18
10-13-2008, 03:31 PM
Books by Darussalam are also available here in Karachi, i think i hav to go n buy it my self cuz my dad keeps forgeting the name. Hey i'm still waitin 4 my dua :P just kiddin

Periwinkle18
10-13-2008, 03:33 PM
The sealed nectar is amazing it has so many things i didn't know n it also helped me in my Islamiat exam got an A in it 95%

FatimaAsSideqah
10-13-2008, 03:36 PM
The sealed nectar is amazing it has so many things i didn't know n it also helped me in my Islamiat exam got an A in it 95%
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

Do you mean that book sis?

I've got that book. Let you know it is really really good and amazing book!

Periwinkle18
10-13-2008, 03:39 PM
yup this is the book .

FatimaAsSideqah
10-13-2008, 03:40 PM
yup this is the book .
I think that book is the best for stories about Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)'s life and etc.

Periwinkle18
10-13-2008, 03:43 PM
yes it is in our exam we hav a section abt the holy prophet n the ques r really hard so it helped me in studyin.

FatimaAsSideqah
10-13-2008, 03:44 PM
Insha'Allah you will be pass. You will be in my dua. :)

MO783
10-13-2008, 03:45 PM
Salam,

Its the best Tafsir around and the most common and used. If you are going to read then its a most recommended one although I have not read it or have it.

Inshallah I will one day

Ayesha Rana
10-13-2008, 06:53 PM
i have all the volumes...ungrateful me-i'll finish reading em insha'Allah.

and she already passed Masha'Allah wiv 95%. Congrats! so did i an wiv the same percentage to lol but i was studying Judaism...no i didn't have a choice...

`Yousef
10-13-2008, 06:58 PM

I'm sorry if this is a bit off topic, but can you obtain such this Tafsir in english? My father has Tafsir Ibn Kathir in arabic, but I can't read arabic well.

:w:

Ayesha Rana
10-13-2008, 06:59 PM
yeah i have the english volumes...from which country?

u can get them in pakistan and the UK-that's all i know and insha'Allah most other countries

`Yousef
10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I live in the U.K. :)

Periwinkle18
10-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Assalam o alikum
bro y don't you go to this website

http://www.dar-us-salam.com/about_us.htm

u can buy the book frm here.

sameerkhan51
10-21-2008, 11:06 AM
Salam Alaikum,

Why don't you guys read it online at tafsir.com?

Periwinkle18
10-21-2008, 04:46 PM
i don't lyke reading on the computer , thts y i wanted the book

Periwinkle18
11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
yay i bought it :) was for 6000 rs but i had my pocket money saved.books here r really expensive.

JotaroKujo
03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by transition?
Which one is the unabridged version?
Did you find the unabridged version? In english, german, turkish, app or website or book? Cuz i cant find it

Servant114
03-24-2024, 05:33 AM
Yes, the word for word translation in English. It has helped many to understand Quran including in Salah recitals - using multiple translations helps as you get more close to the original meaning, Sahih international, Yusuf Ali, Muhammad Marmaduke are good perspectives jointly. ALLAH GUIDES WHOMEVER HE WILLS, if you rely on Al Hadi to guide you and Ar Rasheed to teach you then you'll be good as he guides even the organs in your body. May Allah make us forget the incorrect and remember the correct.

- - - Updated - - -

The Al Quran app is awesome and pocket friendly - word for word translation. Made by Green tech apps

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.