/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My father does not wish to read the Qur'an or learn any dua

The Khan
10-12-2008, 08:43 AM
:sl:

The history behind my father is long. When he was a child, he was a naughty one. He would throw stones at the Maulvi his parents sent to teach him the Qur'an. They themselves weren't religious until reaching old age when fear crept into their hearts. They didn't send any other Maulvi, and hence, he never learnt Arabic.

As time passed by, my father did many haraam things. He lied to my mother when he married her, saying that he wanted to revert to Islam, but all he did was drink heavily and beat her up. When I was 10 years old, he finally reverted back to Islam. However, it's been 9 years, and he still hasn't bothered to learn to read Arabic or learn any dua. Although he prays 5 times a day, he only goes through the motions, he does not recite any dua. When I try to teach him anything, he gets angry. He says that it's unnecessary. He also disapproves of things such as saying Salaam, and me wearing a cap. He says that I look like a terrorist whenever I do so.

Please help. How do I teach my father? He is 61 years old and I am getting worried.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
10-12-2008, 07:01 PM

*Thread Approved*

Sorry to hear that brother... That's a really tough case, to see your father in such a state rejecting to learn. Maybe focus on the basics for now? Make him love Islam by just saying lil stories from the hadeeth or talking about Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam).

I duno...inshaAllah others will be able to help you tho. :)

FatimaAsSideqah
10-12-2008, 07:11 PM
^ thats easy way to do it by first.

Calling your father to Allah Taala also means completing your own worship, the reason for which we are created. It is one of the noblest acts that entails a high reward.

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

With regards to the reward, the Prophet (PBUH) has said: "Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." [Saheeh Muslim] Also, "By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

Don't give up! :)

MustafaMc
10-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Firstly, I do not know that it is good to publicize the sins of your father. At least he is a Muslim and he is performing salah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BNDGR
10-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Asalam alaikum,
IshaAllah you will help your father by him seeing your actions and deen.
This is a hard situation for you, since you want the best for your father.
Make dua for him to open his heart.

The Khan
10-13-2008, 02:45 AM
Okhee, I've tried so hard...all he says is that I'm becoming a terrorist and that I shouldn't go so deeply into religion. At the same time, the last time he said this, he was praising Nicholas Sarkozy for bringing his mistress to India and making the state treat her as his wife, which she wasn't at that time.

format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

*Thread Approved*

Sorry to hear that brother... That's a really tough case, to see your father in such a state rejecting to learn. Maybe focus on the basics for now? Make him love Islam by just saying lil stories from the hadeeth or talking about Rasulullah (Salallahu Alayhi Wasallam).

I duno...inshaAllah others will be able to help you tho. :)
Jazakallah Okhee. I'm sure he'll laugh at me if I try, but I will try nevertheless.

format_quote Originally Posted by FatimaAsSideqah
^ thats easy way to do it by first.

Calling your father to Allah Taala also means completing your own worship, the reason for which we are created. It is one of the noblest acts that entails a high reward.

"And who is better in speech than he who invites to Allah and does righteous deeds, and says: 'I am one of the Muslims.'" [al-Qur'aan, Fussilat(41):33]

With regards to the reward, the Prophet (PBUH) has said: "Whoever guides [another] to a good deed will get a reward similar to the one who performs it." [Saheeh Muslim] Also, "By Allah, if Allah were to guide one man through you it would be better for you than the best type of camels." [al-Bukhaaree, Muslim]

Don't give up! :)
Jazakallah, I won't give up. ^_^

format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
Firstly, I do not know that it is good to publicize the sins of your father. At least he is a Muslim and he is performing salah.
You are right brother. However, the sins I've posted are already public around here. I had to mention a few so that one may have a basic understanding of how hot-headed he is.

All I want is for him to go to heaven. I'm selfish in that manner.

Nearly a decade has passed and he doesn't even know al-Fatiha.

*~~AdAn~~*
10-13-2008, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MustafaMc
:sl: i also want 2 ask question about my parents sin may i ask is it a sin you have made me confused i do not want 2 publicize it but worried about them

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.