/* */

PDA

View Full Version : music....again...*sigh*...sitiation.......:(

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 04:55 PM
..............................................yes. ...

im confused again :-[

see "someony" told me thattt som music is "halal" huh?

'k see its coz violen werent invented back in them good ol' days right? so how could rasulallah say theyr haram...etc.etc.etc .. nd all them otehr things

...o allah plz help these LI'ers help this clueless, terrible, unknown faith leveled, girl.........

im not goin back to musick netime soon i jus need this a bit cleared up so feel free to give watever (TRUE) answer u can............

without being mad over my stupid questions
nd my stupid going backto it ness....

hm...

assalaamu alaikum

wasalaam :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
barney
10-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Truemuslim, y'know its haram, everyone on the board says it is and theres loads of links to scholars saying it is referencing Surah and hadith.

:(

It must be really tough when you love music to give it up. Sorry I havnt got much advice on the matter. Music is everywhere in the west these days. TV, radio internet, CD's MP3....it must be hard to avoid.

I hope you can find a solution that you find happiness in.

Güven
10-13-2008, 05:00 PM
well now we gonna ask , i have a question too :-[ ,

Why do most of the turks permit "Some" music ,
while they follow the Hanafeeh Madhab wich is the strictest of the four ?? :X

I was trying to figure this out myself

:w:

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 05:01 PM
o yeh nd ther is som other things playin with my gullable mind :(

God does not forget, 19:64. He did not forget to prohibit Music or singing and waited for someone else to do it. The prohibition of Music and singing cannot be found in the Quran because God did not prohibit them.

gods the only one who can forbid things, but he also sent messengers to tel the world right? but...

"Say, "Who prohibited the nice things God has created for His creatures, and the good provisions?" Say," such provisions are to be enjoyed in this life by those who believe. Moreover, the good provisions will be exclusively theirs on the Day of resurrection." We thus explain the revelations for people who know." 7:32 (QURAN)

:? confuused gurll!!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
bewildred
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Are Nasheeds considered as music? They're rhymed and they follow a certain melody. When a beautiful voice is performing the nasheed, is there no risk that a woman can feel some admiration or attraction for the performer? Don't you think it's wrong????

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by barney
Truemuslim, y'know its haram, everyone on the board says it is and theres loads of links to scholars saying it is referencing Surah and hadith.

:(

It must be really tough when you love music to give it up. Sorry I havnt got much advice on the matter. Music is everywhere in the west these days. TV, radio internet, CD's MP3....it must be hard to avoid.

I hope you can find a solution that you find happiness in.
I kno its haram, thats why i stopped, after what... but things from shaitaan keep confusing me, so i need answers! no..i DEMAND ANSWERS! :D nice confused girl.

thank u btw :D

format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
well now we gonna ask , i have a question too :-[ ,

I was trying to figure this out myself

yeh some yemenis in ta'izz listen to a bunch of saudi crap sayin its halal, its like u cant even hear the voice anymore coz all that stuff in the back...nd theyr the ones that memorize quran nd never do haram (at least avoid it) :?

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 05:06 PM
Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 568:
"Narrated Abu Musa that the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.'"

^ wats that???

Na7lah
10-13-2008, 05:17 PM
sis just stay away from it, better to be safe then sorry

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 05:38 PM
:sl:

'k see its coz violen werent invented back in them good ol' days right? so how could rasulallah say theyr haram...etc.etc.etc .. nd all them otehr things
The argument they're giving here is side-tracking. It's avoiding the issue. It's not providing anything credible to respond to. It's like this argument this other person gave that since the birds 'sing', singing and music has to be permissible for us. It doesn't bring anything new to the table.

God does not forget, 19:64. He did not forget to prohibit Music or singing and waited for someone else to do it. The prohibition of Music and singing cannot be found in the Quran because God did not prohibit them.
This quote comes from an article written by members of a fringe group that rejects the hadeeth. I know their website, but will not post it here. They are not considered Muslims by the consensus of the Ummah, past and present, so suffice to say, anything coming from them is by default rejected.

Allaah says in the Qur'an: {And whatever the Messenger has given you - take; and what he has forbidden you - refrain from.}[al-Hashr; 7]

Just because they do bro, doesn't make them right. Nor does it make Imam Abu Hanifa's madhab at fault. The strict Hanafis I know don't listen to music. Imam Abu Hanifa's student, the Imaam Abu Yusuf considered music to be from the munkaaraat,i.e. the despicable things. Just because a group of followers permit it, doesn't make it right.

Bukhari Volume 6, Book 61, Number 568:
"Narrated Abu Musa that the Prophet said to him' "O Abu Musa! You have been given one of the musical wind-instruments of the family of David.'"
The Messenger said this to Abu Musa in praise of his melodious recitation of the Qur'an, so the context here itself refutes what this hadeeth is being used to 'prove'. Secondly, the hadeeth is placed by Imaam Bukhari under 'Virtues of the Qur'an'.

Anas bin Maalik related from the Prophet (may Allah bless him and grant him peace) that
"two cursed sounds are that of the [wind] instrument [mizmaar]played on the occasion of joy and grace, and woeful wailing upon the occurrence of adversity."
It's isnaad is authentic.

Secondly, for the sake of argument, if it were to be supposed that Dawud a.s. used musical accompaniment to his recitation of the Zaboor (I add: there is no proof that he did so), then that can be responded to with the argument that it may have been permissible in the Shariah of Dawud, but it isn't the case in ours. Just like Allaah allowed the children of Adam to marry each other, yet incest is forbidden in all other Laws after.

Are Nasheeds considered as music?
http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...-nasheeds.html

Lastly, at the end of this, if people are in doubt, then the Messenger (saw) said:
Leave that about which you are in doubt for that about which you are in no doubt.
Al-Tirmidhi and al-Nasaíi related it, and al-Tirmidhi said: It is a good and genuine Hadith.

So lets make our intentions to leave it for the sake of Allaah, as a means to achieve His pleasure. Doing this will give us an incentive to stay away from it and it'll make it easier for us. There is great reward in leaving what you love for the sake of Allaah, so leave it and hope for your reward from Allaah. :)

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 05:40 PM
:salamext:

C'mon sis, the one who wants to make excuses will find holes in any argument or piece of evidence. Stick to what you know to be correct rather than finding excuses to follow your desires.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=h-ejrIaoKLY

WassalamuAlaykum

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 05:51 PM
bro abu sayyad, jazakallah khair, "someone" else, gave me the hadiths nd ayat, i didnt kno they were anti islamic , jazakallah khair!

nd sis jolie, u so jokie innit u, no im not tryna find n excuse, im just ttryna clear up stuff, no excuse, other wise right now i would be listenin to Hail mary, but no excuse or excuse searching so im not listenin to that. :)

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 05:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
bro abu sayyad, jazakallah khair, "someone" else, gave me the hadiths nd ayat, i didnt kno they were anti islamic , jazakallah khair!

nd sis jolie, u so jokie innit u, no im not tryna find n excuse, im just ttryna clear up stuff, no excuse, other wise right now i would be listenin to Hail mary, but no excuse or excuse searching so im not listenin to that. :)
Sorry sis I didnt mean to offend you. May Allah (swt) keep us all steadfast. Ameen *wub*

truemuslim
10-13-2008, 05:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Sorry sis I didnt mean to offend you. May Allah (swt) keep us all steadfast. Ameen *wub*
lol if i were offended i woulda used this ":D" smiley but i used ":)" that, so im not offended :p silly

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Barakallah Feekum Sis. May Allaah reward you for following the advise of the Messenger (saw) and asking questions. :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.