/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Interesting ... summin we did today

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:02 PM
:salamext:

This actually has a psychological basis so go with it insha'Allah :D

Put these animals in order of importance to you insha'Allah, I'll give the psychoanalytic viewpoint later insha'Allah.

The animals are: Lion, Dog, Parrot and Elephant.

WassalamuAlaykum

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Afifa
10-13-2008, 07:04 PM
Elephant, parrot lion, dog :D

'Abd al-Baari
10-13-2008, 07:05 PM
:sl:

Hmm intersting, I would say;

Parrot, Lion, Dog, Elephant.

:w:

FatimaAsSideqah
10-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Lion, Parrot, Elephant and Dog.
:)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
aadil77
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
lion, elephant, parrot, dog

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-13-2008, 07:07 PM
dog ,parrot ,lion and elephant

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:08 PM
Just so you know, I chose:

Lion, Dog, Parrot and then Elephant.

But I actually thought about it first.

I chose Lion because to me it means strength, I chose dog before parrot because I'd rather have somebody faithful (dog) before I talk to them about myself (parrot) and then Elephant last. But when we got the explanation, I was pleasantly surprised that I agreed with it. But also that my thinking behind my choices seemed to be totally irrelvant. :skeleton:

~*Fatima*~
10-13-2008, 07:10 PM
Hmm Seems Interesting~! Lets See ... I have three Orders ...
Elephant, Lion, Dog, Parrot
Lion, Elephant, Parrot, Dog
Parrot, Dog, Lion, Elephant.

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~*Fatima*~
Hmm Seems Interesting~! Lets See ... I have three Orders ...
Elephant, Lion, Dog, Parrot
Lion, Elephant, Parrot, Dog
Parrot, Dog, Lion, Elephant.
No sis, that just ruins it. Lol choose one insha'Allah.

Or maybe ur just a very confused person :p

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 07:13 PM

Hmm...

Lion, parrot, elephant & dog.

ayan333
10-13-2008, 07:21 PM

Lion, parrot, elephant & dog

Güven
10-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Lion , Dog , Parrot and Elephant :hmm:

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
Lion , Dog , Parrot and Elephant :hmm:
Kool, same as me.

I'll give explanations in a while insha'Allah

highway_trekker
10-13-2008, 07:26 PM
give it now please! :D

Edit: sabrun jameel :-[

Musaafirah
10-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Lion, Elephant, Parrot, Dog.
Is this going to FINALLY give me an insight as to why I do what I do and all that jazz?

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
Lion, Elephant, Parrot, Dog.
Is this going to FINALLY give me an insight as to why I do what I do and all that jazz?
Maybe :p

You might actually think its quite lame, I didnt though :-[

More posts first :p

~*Fatima*~
10-13-2008, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
No sis, that just ruins it. Lol choose one insha'Allah.

Or maybe ur just a very confused person :p
Okay then I'll choose

Elephant, Lion, Dog, Parrot.

highway_trekker
10-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Lion, Elephant, Parrot, Dog..

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:46 PM
Ok here goes.

The key to order and animals. Match the number with your choice of animal insha'Allah

1) How you want others (significant people in your life) to perceive you today.

2) How you believe you are actually perceived today by others.

3) How you'd like to be perceived by others in the future

4) How you actually truly want to be - without influence of what other significant people in you life feel and think about you

And now for the animals. So say for example you chose lion second, you'd take that and link it with number two and so on and so forth...

Dog: Friendly, faithful, loyal, supportive, protective, dependable, reliable, trustful, trusting, solid, keen, hard-working, loving.

Lion: dominant, fearsome, independant, decisive, proactive, isolated, aloof, leading, critical, objective, detached, focused, fearless.

Elephant: Tolerant, passive, cooperative, respected, big, strong, controlled, calm, indomitable, revered, wise.

Parrot: Lively, fun, free-spirited, sociable, amenable, popular, attractive, cheerful, passionate, spontaneous.

hmm, now this may seem like a loada tosh to some but I liked it, the underpinning theory is that of Carl Rogers' ideas about the Ideal Self and the Real Self. And also some theories of Sigmund Freud....

WassalamuAlaykum

Ali.
10-13-2008, 07:53 PM
Interesting but you can't rely on things like these to work out your personality.

Güven
10-13-2008, 07:55 PM
Actualy i have all of them in me :p

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ali.
Interesting but you can't rely on things like these to work out your personality.
Yeah I guess. For me and the course I'm doing its all about knowing yourself before attempting to understand others. I just shared it because I liked it. But out of context it may not mean much to you guys.

highway_trekker
10-13-2008, 08:05 PM
Reminds me of those quizzes we all love :statisfie

Not to undermine it sister...jazaakillaahu khayran for sharing :)

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 08:54 PM

Definitely interesting. :thumbs_up I wish I knew more of the context so I could understand it more.

Al-Hanbali
10-13-2008, 09:30 PM
I chose:

Parrot, Lion, Elephant & Dog :S

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Definitely interesting. :thumbs_up I wish I knew more of the context so I could understand it more.

This test might come in handy if you want to really get to know yourself: It's on www.eharmony.com Just register and follow the prompts I think. It has to be the most accurate personality test I've ever taken. By accurate, I mean, the results were like 99% on the dot, they were detailed and made sense. Best of all, it came in a 10 page personality profile as well. Here's a sample:

And that's just the tip of the iceberg of the report I received contained. So if you have 30 minutes and you're up to answering 436 questions, go to the site and take the questionnaire. Taking it gave me quite an insight into myself and how I view different factors and how different things around me effect me. Very useful!

Wow JazakAllah khayr akhee!

That'd help me a lot!

Well it ties in with Johari's window....

You know, if you even attempt to help others when you've got your own issues and conflicts, it isnt going to work. Also that we interpret things in diff ways, so its important to use clarification as a skill whilst being the listener in the 2-way relationship that is helper-client.

Musaafirah
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
But I don't wanna be like a dog :(
That's why I put it last..
ARGHH...
I still don't know what makes me tick. Apart from the watch on my hand that's ticking itself but not making ME tick.

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 09:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Musaafir
But I don't wanna be like a dog :(
That's why I put it last..
ARGHH...
I still don't know what makes me tick. Apart from the watch on my hand that's ticking itself but not making ME tick.
Sis nobody knows better than you do and thats a fact.

Eww that sounds lame but thats the way it is.

I'd prob ask you what it is you dont know. And I'd comment on the 'ARGHH' and ask why it makes u so frustrated :p

I'd drive u mad, putting it simply :D

Musaafirah
10-13-2008, 09:53 PM
No worries, I think I drive myself mad on most occasions and drag everyone else into my madness. But it's all good. If I can bring a smile to peoples faces for being my mad self. That's all good with me. :D

Brother_Mujahid
10-13-2008, 09:55 PM
i chose: parrot, dog, lion, elephant

quite spot on i'd have to agree.

S_87
10-13-2008, 11:58 PM
lion parrot elephant dog

The Khan
10-14-2008, 12:33 AM
Lion (prefer the cat family first), dog (most dogs love me...it's uncanny), parrot (my great-aunt had a nice parrot before she passed away...), elephant (no opinion).

Nawal89
10-14-2008, 12:53 AM
Lion, elephant, dog, parrot.

BlissfullyJaded
10-14-2008, 01:31 AM
Parrot, lion, elephant, dog

I agree with mine. For some it would seem like a while loada baloney, but if you were to talk to a psychoanalytical psychologist, they most probably would go more in depth about it and make you believe it..

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah
Parrot, lion, elephant, dog

I agree with mine. For some it would seem like a while loada baloney, but if you were to talk to a psychoanalytical psychologist, they most probably would go more in depth about it and make you believe it..
Yeah ^ I mean not many people actually see the need or feel the need to know more about themselves. Heck even that sounds like a whole loada tosh on its own, but reading something like this, and even disagreeing with it after, gives you something to think about rather than not attempting to understand at all.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 12:23 PM
Lion Elephant Parrot Dog

and i would never ever change that order.

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
Lion Elephant Parrot Dog

and i would never ever change that order.
Its not really about changing, the underpinning theory is just about how you perceive yourself and how congruent or incongruent your real and ideal self is.

Güven
10-14-2008, 12:27 PM
i still dont get it imsad
I had Lion Dog Parrot and elephant ?

can someone please psychoanalyse me? lol :D

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:29 PM
i still dont get it imsad
I had Lion Dog Parrot and elephant ?

can someone please psychoanalyse me? lol :D

U sure? ;D

lol k here goes *sticks on pshychoanalysing specs*

Hang on, you chose same as me, I'll tell you insha'Allah :BeRightBack:

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 12:30 PM
Its not really about changing, the underpinning theory is just about how you perceive yourself
i was completely with you

and how congruent or incongruent your real and ideal self is.
then you just lost me

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:35 PM

Bro Guven: You want others (significant people in your life) to perceive you today as the Lion, which has the following chracteristics: Lion: dominant, fearsome, independant, decisive, proactive, isolated, aloof, leading, critical, objective, detached, focused, fearless.

You believe you are actually perceived today by others as the dog, which has the following: Dog: Friendly, faithful, loyal, supportive, protective, dependable, reliable, trustful, trusting, solid, keen, hard-working, loving.

You'd like to be perceived by others in the future as the Parrot, which has the following chracteristics: Parrot: Lively, fun, free-spirited, sociable, amenable, popular, attractive, cheerful, passionate, spontaneous.

And finally, How you actually truly want to be - without influence of what other significant people in your life feel and think about you and for that you chose the Elephant which is Tolerant, passive, cooperative, respected, big, strong, controlled, calm, indomitable, revered, wise.

Sahabiyaat
10-14-2008, 12:36 PM
lion elephant parrot dog

i was thinking of the animals in terms of superiority ^o)

lion-king of jungle (raooowwwarrrrr)
elephant- big strong, no predetors
parrot-intelligent
dog- i never thought of loyalty, i just thought of the dog as bad because its used to insult som1 wen swearing :-[so it goes right at the end

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
i was completely with you

then you just lost me
There are 2 things, your real self and your ideal self. What you are and what you want to be.

Thats putting it simply.

The quiz/activity was all about getting to know ourselves better. I guess in context you'd understand it more.

If you read the explanations I think it'd be clearer.

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
lion elephant parrot dog

lion-king of jungle (raooowwwarrrrr)
elephant- big strong, no predetors
parrot-intelligent
dog- i never thought of loyalty, i just thought of the dog as bad because its used to insult som1 wen swearing :-[

Lol yeh, it was also a perception activity. How I see things, how I see the world isnt generally the same as you see your world. That can be seen in your interpretation of the animals. Elephant for me was a bit of a doofus coz they're so big yet afraid of mice lol :D :-[

Its all about respecting others and understanding that when they say something, we never really know what they mean until we clarify.

me saying 'I'm fine'...and you saying you're fine, may mean two completely diff things to us..

Güven
10-14-2008, 12:41 PM

Bro Guven: You want others (significant people in your life) to perceive you today as the Lion, which has the following chracteristics: Lion: dominant, fearsome, independant, decisive, proactive, isolated, aloof, leading, critical, objective, detached, focused, fearless.

You believe you are actually perceived today by others as the dog, which has the following: Dog: Friendly, faithful, loyal, supportive, protective, dependable, reliable, trustful, trusting, solid, keen, hard-working, loving.

You'd like to be perceived by others in the future as the Parrot, which has the following chracteristics: Parrot: Lively, fun, free-spirited, sociable, amenable, popular, attractive, cheerful, passionate, spontaneous.

And finally, How you actually truly want to be - without influence of what other significant people in your life feel and think about you and for that you chose the Elephant which is Tolerant, passive, cooperative, respected, big, strong, controlled, calm, indomitable, revered, wise.

thats means the same thing for you then ? :D

actually that....uhmm...Im speechless right now :X

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:43 PM
thats means the same thing for you then ? :D

actually that....uhmm...Im speechless right now :X

Yeah I guess.

I'm not saying I agree completely though. Although I liked it.

I only shared it because it was academic rather than them spoof emails you sometimes get

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-14-2008, 09:07 PM
I liked this test
Have you got another?

Brother_Mujahid
10-14-2008, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i put them in order of smallest to biggest.... :coolious:

Al-Zaara
10-15-2008, 05:03 AM
Lion, Elephant, Dog and Parrot!

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 08:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by yasin ibn Ahmad
I liked this test
Have you got another?
I have another activity actually, but it was only interesting to me in the context....It would require you following my instructions and drawing something, and then posting it up. I'm not sure anybody would bother with that, lol

format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
Lion, Elephant, Dog and Parrot!
Koolio, you checked it out? :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.