/* */

PDA

View Full Version : a Doll saying "Islam is the Light"?

Güven
10-13-2008, 07:14 PM

Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo doll 'tells children to follow Islam'

Concerned parents have accused a Fisher Price doll of preaching pro-Islamic messages to their children.

The Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo dolls, available in the UK from £19.99, have been reported as saying: 'Islam is the light.'

The talking doll initially caused controversy in the USA and some retailers even removed the product from their shelves, Fox News reported.

But Mattel, the parent company of Fisher Price, dismissed the controversy as a phenomenon caused by the doll's cheap inbuilt speakers.

A spokesman said: 'The Little Mommy Cuddle 'n Coo dolls feature realistic baby sounds including cooing, giggling, and baby babble with no real sentence structure.

They refuse allegations that a Muslim worker has tampered with the voice box – and deny the plaything also says: 'Satan is King'.

'The only scripted word the doll says is 'mama'. There is a sound that may resemble something close to the word 'night', 'right', or 'light'.

'Because the original soundtrack is compressed into a file that can be played through an inexpensive toy speaker, actual sounds may be imprecise or distorted.'

Media Tags are no longer supported

Media Tags are no longer supported

source : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-toddlers.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
aadil77
10-13-2008, 07:15 PM
Lol what the hell? looks like a new form of dawah!

yasin ibn Ahmad
10-13-2008, 07:16 PM
cool doll

Afifa
10-13-2008, 07:18 PM
wow thats well cool :D lol...they shoudnt take those off the shelves :mmokay: :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
10-13-2008, 07:20 PM
lol its a kwl doll tho , but it is rumoured that the doll also said "Satan is King " i dont know if thats true :X

noorseeker
10-13-2008, 07:37 PM
man those people in america are peeed lol

~*Fatima*~
10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Pretty! ~ There are Dolls in Saudi Arab that My Niece Brought during Ummarh. It used to recite Nasheed Ya Tayyba! I was like Please! Give it to me, Give it to me! My Niece was nice because she was ready to give to me but considering my age I refused and pretended as I was jokin'. It was So lovely and when she used recite the Nasheed she looked more Beautifull and cudly!

Güven
10-13-2008, 08:01 PM
^SubhanAllah , my aunt buyed one too when she went to umrah lol i guess those dolls are popular there :D

:w:

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 08:02 PM
lol I dislike dolls anyway. So dont know what to think of this one.

Güven
10-13-2008, 08:03 PM
This is NOT an islamic doll btw there was something wrong with the voice box i guess lol

Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
This is NOT an islamic doll btw there was something wrong with the voice box i guess lol

*sorry im speaking without 'ilm*

bewildred
10-13-2008, 08:27 PM
I thought that any representation of human beings was haram. Isn't it the climax of hypocricy when there's a DOLL preaching Islam or singing nasheeds?

Güven
10-13-2008, 08:34 PM
People please read the article , This is NOT an islamic doll there was something wrong with the voice box ,
so it sounded like he says "islam is the light"
you can buy this doll in the uk in a normal toystore

Hamayun
10-13-2008, 09:05 PM
lol :D Maybe she saw Zakir Naik on telly

Zahida
10-13-2008, 09:13 PM
Cool i would like to buy one!!!!!!!

Güven
10-13-2008, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
lol :D Maybe she saw Zakir Naik on telly
:lol:

barney
10-13-2008, 09:47 PM
It's got a face. It's not an islamic doll.

It does sound like that though. Having said that, i wonder if I hadnt read that this is what it said wether i would still hear it or something different?

kwolney01
10-13-2008, 10:02 PM
That would be a pretty cool doll if it was really supposed to say "Islam is the light". The whole satin is king stuff is pretty bad though it kind of makes you wonder if people are just making the satin is king stuff up to make Islam look bad yet again. I don’t know it's pretty sad that people are criticizing a doll.

truemuslim
10-14-2008, 04:35 PM
LOL watch the haters take that dol nd blo it up :p

barney
10-14-2008, 05:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kwolney01
The whole satin is king stuff is pretty bad though it kind of makes you wonder
Satin is quite a nice material for evening wear. i'm sure quite a few kings wear satin.

:coolious:

Muezzin
10-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Is this one of those dolls that pees itself?

@the article - silly customers. At least it doesn't sound like it's saying 'Lick my buttocks'.

Güven
10-14-2008, 06:04 PM
^lol dunno ,

and they have this poo from teletubbies who says realy strange things , well i cant say it on public ;D LOL

Uthman
10-14-2008, 06:09 PM
and they have this poo from teletubbies who says realy strange things , well i cant say it on public ;D LOL
It's not poo. It's Po.

Get it right. :anger:

I always preferred tinky winky though.

Güven
10-14-2008, 06:15 PM
LOL ;D im srry i meant po

i have seen that video about this doll and about Po ,
so if you want too see it pm me , cuz what po says is just HILARIOUSSS but not something for this forum :D

Sahabiyaat
10-15-2008, 12:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Osman
It's not poo. It's Po.

Get it right. :anger:

I always preferred tinky winky though.
i liked la la :D only cuz my fav colour was yellow^o)

i always liked power ranger dolls :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-15-2008, 12:40 PM
LOL ;D im srry i meant po

i have seen that video about this doll and about Po ,
so if you want too see it pm me , cuz what po says is just HILARIOUSSS but not something for this forum :D
LOL i think i heard it ;D

too bad i forgot what it was :(

but jsut remembering how it use to make me laugh makes me laugh ;D

btw LOL at this freaky doll, just LOL if i ever saw that doll i'd trample it and throw it faaar out the window !

truemuslim
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
^ lol yep, nd sho her the true light :p

i hate talking dolls, specially the baby ones that cry, nd laugh, u pick it up nd thro it nd it laughs at u...:(

Güven
10-15-2008, 12:51 PM
LOL me Too , i hate dolls , my house is full of them ! :raging:

AvarAllahNoor
10-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Are the Muslims rushing to buy one..? It's a 'miracle' a bit like the Hindu 'God's drinking milk from spoons, even though the were made from porous stone...

It was a silly man, who did the voices and changed the wording!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-15-2008, 02:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Are the Muslims rushing to buy one..? !
LOL read the comments ;D well at least my one :p

truemuslim
10-15-2008, 02:08 PM
oh my god i jus saw the videos ...wat ???????????
those look a bit.....

well lets jus say if u buy that for ur kid they may never sleep in peace again..................at least i wont

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.