/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Torch Bearers - Coming to NYC!

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 07:23 PM
:sl:

Media Tags are no longer supported

655 W 34th Street
New York, NY 10001
First level exhibit hall, Hall 1A
Oct 31st: 6pm to 9pm
Nov 1st-2nd: 10am to 8pm
The first ever Islamic activity to occur at this VENUE!!!

More details

Think of what would it be like to look inside the minds of the ummah’s greatest ‘ulema. Imagine the benefit of getting an ‘insider’s view’ of the way they thought, learned, and lived.

Learn from the lives of the very people who attained ultimate success –in the Dunya and the Akhirah.

Who were these great people?

They were the men and women who carried the standard of Islam.
Those who sought to enliven the vision of La illaha illa Allah through the power of their words and the beauty of their actions.
Those who refused to rest, in the hope of benefiting others - others, like you and I, who thousands of years after their passing continue to benefit from the fruits of their labour.

They are the ‘Ulema of Islaam.
“The virtue of the scholar to a worshipper is similar to the virtue of the moon when it is full to the rest of the stars”
  • The sharpest minds.
  • The best manners.
  • The highest degree of Discipline.

They are the likes of:

• Ataa ibn Abi Rabaah, the famous student of ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Abbass
  • Al-Layth ibn Sa’ad, the Tabi’ee and Imam of Eygpt
  • Fatimah bint Abdul Maalik
  • Umm ud-Dardaa’, the sahabiyaat and scholar of Damascus
  • The Scholar, Abdul Hameed ath-Thani
  • Abdullah ibn Mubarak, the illustrious student of Sahabah
  • ….and many more!

What can we learn from their lives? How can we implement their strategies for success in our own lives – today?

Introducing AlMaghrib Institute’s brand new SINGLE-WEEKEND-DEGREE Seminar Torch Bearers: Leadership Secrets of Islam’s Greatest Scholars.

Dates: From October 31st, 2008 - November 2nd 2008

Enter the most productive weekend of your life. This seminar will give you the benefit of a double-weekend seminar, concentrated into a single weekend format – intensifying the knowledge and the energy to derive the ultimate benefit bi idnillah!

This seminar will give you the tools to analyze the habits and values that were the driving force behind the success of numerous scholars of the past – what did they do to achieve such greatness in ‘ilm? How were they able to lead masses of people to the Truth in times of such great fitnah?

Do more than just marvel at the amazing accomplishments of the ‘ulema of the past, pave the path to your own success by modeling yourself after those who have achieved it!

Uncover the secrets of Islam’s greatest scholars in achieving success in:

• Ibaadah and their relationship with Allah
  • Seeking Knowledge
  • Time Management
  • Giving Da’wah
  • Dealing with the Fitnah of the times
  • Remaining Steadfast [al-Istiqaamah]
  • Their Public and Private lives

Where are the Women Scholars?
“History records few scholarly enterprises in which women have played an important and active role side by side with men. Islam produced a large number of outstanding female scholars, on whose testimony and sound judgment much of the edifice of Islam depends.”
  • Layla bint ‘Abd Allah [known as Ash-Shifaa] was requested by the Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallan to teach women the Qur’aan
  • Nafisa bint al-Hasan taught hadeeth to Imam ash-Shafi’ee.
  • Umm ud-Dardaa’ was a sahabiyyat, scholar and teacher of Damascus
  • Ibn Hajar al-Askhalani states that he studied with 53 women.

Where are the women scholars today? Recapture the Scholarship of women in Islam by learning first-hand the ways in which Muslim women acquired knowledge of Islaam in the past.
“Whatever knowledge I have is due to my Wife”
- Ibn Hajar al-Askhalani
Relive the stories of their courage in calling others to Allah. Relive their struggles in the path to Knowledge. Comprehend the depth of their submission to Allah – for Allah aza wa jall tells us:
It is only those who have knowledge among His slaves that fear Allah.
Verily, Allah is All-Mighty, Oft-Forgiving.
  • You will get a closer look into the lives of some of the most important figures in the history of Islaam – what makes the ‘ulema so important? Learn about everything from their personal relationships with their wives and families, to the companions they chose as friends. Discover the beauty of their life’s stories.
  • You will understand the key values that shaped the lives of the past scholars. What were the motivators that led to their success? This is your chance to find out.
  • You will have access to classical historical works that are not available in the English language.
  • You will be able to model yourself after the greatest people of this ummah and tread the path of the Righteous people who came before us.
  • You will come away with a whole new respect for people of knowledge!

“This course will transform more then 5 AlMaghrib seminars into one practical applicational guide”.
– Shaykh Waleed Basyouni.
3 Reasons you CANNOT afford to miss this seminar:

1. The Best Role Models. What better example to follow than those who dedicated their lives to living and calling to the worship of Allah?
  2. The Best Inheritance. The Prophet sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam said: “The scholars are the inheritors of the Prophets. Verily the Prophets did not leave behind dirhams and dinars, rather they left behind knowledge. Thus whoever takes it, takes it as a bountiful share.”
  3. Unparalleled Islamic knowledge, in ENGLISH! ThisAlMaghrib seminar is the result of extensive research and compilation of many Islaamic texts. Topics such as this are not available translated into English, and even native Arabic speakers will attest that a topic of this relevance is hard to come by. Show your gratitude to Allah by taking advantage of this opportunity!

Enroll Now

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-13-2008, 07:25 PM
JazakAllah khayr.

No fair, I been wanting to go for ages. But alhamdulillah al-maghrib is coming up North now :shade:

Güven
10-13-2008, 07:28 PM
OMG!!!!! that intro was Sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :ooh::eek: MashaAllah

I wanna see this!!! but unfortunately i cant imsad

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-13-2008, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Güven
OMG!!!!! that intro was Sikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :ooh::eek: MashaAllah

I wanna see this!!! but unfortunately i cant imsad

Why not?

You can always read the GEMs (Genuinely Enlightening Moments):

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?t=29154

No fair, I been wanting to go for ages. But alhamdulillah al-maghrib is coming up North now

I have to say, UK has definitely raised the standards for competition! Masha'Allaah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
10-13-2008, 07:44 PM
:sl:

cuzzz i live in holland and there is no such cool things like that here imsad

and JazakAllahu Khair for that cool site :ooh:

farhan2
10-21-2008, 05:55 PM
This course was aaaammaaazziinnggg seriously guys subhanallah.. It was wicked.. We just finished it here in london.. Qabeelat al shams all the way.. :p

but yea guys its soooooo coolll... Check out al maghrib forum for details of course and replies to how it went here in london..

Shiekh waleed is subhanallah really cool.. He knew me as i went to ilm summit in texas, houston where i spent 2 weeks with the shiekh :d and with yasir qadi and yaser birjas

if you guys have an oppertunity to go to this course.. You should go.... Was amazing

Na7lah
10-21-2008, 06:00 PM
oh finally something happened in the US but a thousand miles away from me lol

Güven
10-21-2008, 06:04 PM
Why Arent they travelling to Europe , like for example holland? imsad

Re.TiReD
10-21-2008, 06:05 PM
Go Qabeelat Shams :shade:

JazakAllah khayr bro Farhan

truemuslim
10-21-2008, 06:08 PM
lol now that usa finally turns a lil bit up wit action it has to be up in nyc! :imsad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.