/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Kaafir saw the Kirama Katibin an hour before his death

The Khan
10-13-2008, 08:36 PM
:sl:

My neighbour's grandfather, a Hindu, who expired last week, reportedly saw the Kirama Katibin an hour before his death. He was in the ICU when it occured, he got up and asked his son "tell me, who were those two men in black writing a book"?

He was 85.

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamayun
10-13-2008, 09:33 PM
Subhan Allah! Not sure what to say. I will wait for a knowledgeable person to shed some light.

bewildred
10-13-2008, 09:35 PM
Kirama Katibin???? Can you explain?

Snowflake
10-13-2008, 09:36 PM
SubhanAllah! :muddlehea

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Pk_#2
10-13-2008, 09:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan

My neighbour's grandfather, a Hindu, who expired last week, reportedly saw the Kirama Katibin an hour before his death. He was in the ICU when it occured, he got up and asked his son "tell me, who were those two men in black writing a book"?

He was 85.

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah,

Can you say 'Passed away' instead of expired, I find that quite rude, ano you dint mean it that wai, but that's how it comes across, I wouldn't even use that if my pet passed away,

Having said that, if he was in a hospital, I'm guessing his health wasn't as good at it usually is, when you're in that sort of a state you usually see things that you won't normally see, or act differently from your norm or even think differently, since he was in the ICU I'm guessing it was pretty serious,

What made you think it was kiramen katibin? Could have been a nurse or two walking by and checking up on him,

Or it could have been what you guessed... Wa Allaahu Alim.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-13-2008, 09:43 PM
subhanAllaah

kiramah katibeen are the two angels who write good n bad deeds right?

subhanAllaah

ayan333
10-13-2008, 10:26 PM

SubhanALLAH

well a family frien df mines granmother died..ansh etoldus that her granmother would alway sask who are thosetwo mn in white sitting over there..give them something to drink

she was also old

SubhanALLAH..she died soon after..i dt know if i was that day or not

May ALLAH (SWA) have mercy on her.Ameen

The Khan
10-13-2008, 11:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullah,

Can you say 'Passed away' instead of expired, I find that quite rude, ano you dint mean it that wai, but that's how it comes across, I wouldn't even use that if my pet passed away,

Having said that, if he was in a hospital, I'm guessing his health wasn't as good at it usually is, when you're in that sort of a state you usually see things that you won't normally see, or act differently from your norm or even think differently, since he was in the ICU I'm guessing it was pretty serious,

What made you think it was kiramen katibin? Could have been a nurse or two walking by and checking up on him,

Or it could have been what you guessed... Wa Allaahu Alim.
:wasalamex

I apologise, I shall refrain from using that term hereafter.

His son was with him all along. There was no nurse or doctor at all that morning.

format_quote Originally Posted by ayan333

SubhanALLAH

well a family frien df mines granmother died..ansh etoldus that her granmother would alway sask who are thosetwo mn in white sitting over there..give them something to drink

she was also old

SubhanALLAH..she died soon after..i dt know if i was that day or not

May ALLAH (SWA) have mercy on her.Ameen
As far as I know, if the honourable recorders are dressed in white, you're going to heaven, if black, it's hell. Prophet Muhammed (SAW) always saw angels dressed in white. Always.

format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
subhanAllaah

kiramah katibeen are the two angels who write good n bad deeds right?

subhanAllaah
Yup. ^^

Kiramah Katibeen = Honourable Recorders.

When we (as in, Sunni Muslims excluding the Maliki) say "Asalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah" twice over our shoulders when completing Salat, it is intended for the Kiramah Katibeen.

Hamayun
10-14-2008, 08:26 AM

As far as I know, if the honourable recorders are dressed in white, you're going to heaven, if black, it's hell. Prophet Muhammed (SAW) always saw angels dressed in white. Always.
Sorry this is off topic but it seems like the colour white is associated with good/noble and the colour black with bad/evil.

According to that does it mean that white people are more noble/good compared to the black people? Just curious lol.

Pk_#2
10-14-2008, 08:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Sorry this is off topic but it seems like the colour white is associated with good/noble and the colour black with bad/evil.

According to that does it mean that white people are more noble/good compared to the black people? Just curious lol.
He was talking about there dress code, can you honestly tell me that you read your question properly before submitting?

Oh but that doesn't necessarily mean that if you wear white you are noble from those wearing black or other colours,

No, of course there are good and bad people in all races, wasn't that obvious akhi?

Not all white people are noble, not all black people are noble, you'll find both good and bad in both, :-\

doorster
10-14-2008, 10:02 AM
odd stories!

found this in a salat instruction booklet

Tasleem
  • First, look towards your right shoulder and, speaking to the angel that records your good deeds, say "assala'amu alaikum" or a better greeting (i.e. "assala'amu alaikum wa rahmatullahi").
  • It is optional to then turn your head and look towards your left shoulder, speaking to the angel that records your bad deeds, and give the same or lesser greeting as you did to your right.

^^what does it look like from this instruction?

• do the two angels stand anywhere?

or

• are they on a person's right and left shoulders?

even if it were possible to see them would it not be one at a time?

or am I misunderstanding something

Angels in Islam: Creatures of Light

Hamayun
10-14-2008, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
He was talking about there dress code, can you honestly tell me that you read your question properly before submitting?

Oh but that doesn't necessarily mean that if you wear white you are noble from those wearing black or other colours,

No, of course there are good and bad people in all races, wasn't that obvious akhi?

Not all white people are noble, not all black people are noble, you'll find both good and bad in both, :-\
My apologies. I think you didn't detect the humour in my question :D

I was just saying that white colour is always associated with good things and the black colour is always associated with evil things.

Of course I know that "white" people are in fact a pale pink and "black" people are actually a dark shade of brown.

It was just a bad joke lol.

The Khan
10-14-2008, 10:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doorster
odd stories!

found this in a salat instruction book

Tasleem
  • First, look towards your right shoulder and, speaking to the angel that records your good deeds, say "as sala'amu alaikum" or a better greeting (i.e. "as sala'amu alaikum wa rahmatullahi").
  • It is optional to then turn your head and look towards your left shoulder, speaking to the angel that records your bad deeds, and give the same or lesser greeting as you did to your right.

^^what does it look like from this instruction?

• do the two angels stand anywhere?

or

• are they on a person's right and left shoulders?

even if it were possible to see them would it not be one at a time?

or am I misunderstanding something

I doubt it. The Maliki Sunni don't believe that the honourable recorders are on top of your shoulders. When facing right, they say "Asalumu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah" to the person on their right, and, if there's anyone on the left, they say "Walaikum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullah".

My mother told me of another such incident today, involving a young Muslim boy. My mother has rented out the top floor of a house, and there used to be a family living in a hut in the grounds, the watchman's family. Last year, their son was suffering from cancer, and his parents thought a Jinn took over his body, they called witch doctors, to no avail. When it was too late, they took him to the hospital, from where he had around two weeks to live. A day before he passed away, he whispered to his mother, saying that a huge palace has been built for him. The next day, an hour or so before he passed away, he told her that "two policemen dressed in white have come to take him".

doorster
10-14-2008, 10:56 AM
I doubt it. The Maliki Sunni don't believe that the honourable recorders are on top of your shoulders. When facing right, they say "Asalumu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullah" to the person on their right, and, if there's anyone on the left, they say "Walaikum Asalaam Wa Rahmatullah".

My mother told me of another such incident today, involving a young Muslim boy. My mother has rented out the top floor of a house, and there used to be a family living in a hut in the grounds, the watchman's family. Last year, their son was suffering from cancer, and his parents thought a Jinn took over his body, they called witch doctors, to no avail. When it was too late, they took him to the hospital, from where he had around two weeks to live. A day before he passed away, he whispered to his mother, saying that a huge palace has been built for him. The next day, an hour or so before he passed away, he told her that "two policemen dressed in white have come to take him".
even more confused now, should it not have been one "policeman" to take him away. Kiraman Katibin are Not angels of death, at least in my version of Islam they are not, so there is no possibility of them being "seen" as coming to take the boy.

also

• is there a gap for conversations with our relatives, between the time Azrael comes and we die?
  • is he accompanied by an assistant?

http://www.islamawareness.net/Angels/who.html

^^ I believe this site to be a sister site of IslamonLine.net which belongs to eminent Muslim scholar Shiekh Qardawi

We cannot see the angels because they are made of things which our eyes cannot
see. But all the same, we know that they are there, because Allah has told us
so. Sometimes, we can even feel the presence of these angels.

The Khan
10-14-2008, 11:16 AM
You have a point. Personally, I think that he saw the honourable recorders. The translation from Urdu to English is not 100% accurate. He was young and innocent.

I think it's possible to see angels after death or in a condition of near-death for some people. For example, the Hindu man who passed away had no idea who or what angels were, yet, he saw them.

Hindus believe in Yamraj, the God of death, who has a huge golden hammer like weapon and rides a bull. If this was his belief, he would've seen Yamraj.

YamarajBahan 1?t1223983470 -

doorster
10-14-2008, 11:19 AM
You have a point. Personally, I think that he saw the honourable recorders. The translation from Urdu to English is not 100% accurate. He was young and innocent.

I think it's possible to see angels after death or in a condition of near-death for some people. For example, the Hindu man who passed away had no idea who or what angels were, yet, he saw them.
okay thanx wa salaam

The Khan
10-14-2008, 12:18 PM
Np, you're welcome. ^^

truemuslim
10-14-2008, 04:40 PM
subhanallah!

Mikayeel
10-15-2008, 12:21 AM

My grandsfathers brother, expierenced same things on his death bed.

For the last week of his life, he told those around him that their are 2 men waiting by the door, and they do not look to friendly.

The Khan
10-15-2008, 12:24 AM

That confirms it - we can indeed see the honourable recorders before our death in certain cases. ^_^

alcurad
10-15-2008, 03:55 PM
hallucinations before death should not be confused with religion.

truemuslim
10-15-2008, 03:56 PM
^ different ppl hallucinating bout the same exact thing? hmm

The Khan
10-15-2008, 04:40 PM
Exactly. How can so many people have the same hallucination?

Btw, my sister's best friend (who is the granddaughter of the kaafir mentioned in this thread) also said that yet another of her relatives also saw two men in black writing a book a day before she passed away.

Pk_#2
10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
Exactly. How can so many people have the same hallucination?
Coincidence?

Actually just before ma gran passed away, she looked at the doorway and said 'AsalamuAlaykum' No one saw anyone there.. Oooh Creepy,

But since when could people see angels?

Could these people be seeing Azra'el (Angel of Death :skeleton:)? Or nah?

I wonder if there is any Ahadith or Quranic verses regarding angels being seen before ones death,

AsalamuAlaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh.

The Khan
10-15-2008, 07:11 PM
I wonder too...

جوري
10-16-2008, 06:47 AM
patients especially elderly who have a prolonged hospital stay often suffers Suspiciousness and. delusional thinking, it isn't uncommon, they give their odd bahvior various psychological terms from its commonality.. now that is not to say, that they are not actually seeing things more lucidly than the living.. but still difficult to distinguish since the neuropathology of such disorders especially near death is of an unknown cause.. any unknown cause can be rendered your own interpretation...

How many of you experienced delusions and hallucinations when say having a high fever?

Anyhow I write this, not so much to doubt that the Hindu gentleman discovered things a little too late, but because by this same token we cast doubt on many of our brothers and sisters who have been taken from us...

I have seen many videos posted with folks dam*ing their fellow Muslims because they felt they weren't pious or didn't pray or whatever reason (opening their graves and such utter nonsense) to assert this point .. and it is my personal opinion that it is wrong to cast doubt or be suspicious of other people..

on a basic level it is brash and presumptive to feign knowing who has received Allah swt's mercy and who is dam*ed to hell.. and also because we are human ourselves and hope that someone would grant us the same courtesy when it is our time to pass.. I know if it didn't hurt me personally, it would tremendously hurt my family in lieu of a kind word to hear I was a bad person, and going to hell.

Allah knows best

wa jazakoum Allah khyran

Faseeha
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
Hindus believe in Yamraj, the God of death, who has a huge golden hammer like weapon and rides a bull. If this was his belief, he would've seen Yamraj.
If this was what he seen, it would indeed be a hallucination

From the limited knowledge that i do have, the angel of death is seen when you are nearing the time of your death, this state is known as Saqraat.

Ushae
10-16-2008, 11:07 AM

He was 85.

'Expired' lol, not the best way to put it but ok hehe. I think 'passed away' is the friendliest way to put it my friend, people may take offense to that =)

RE: About the colour black, no it isn't associated with hell/evil. That's a common stereotype. If that is the case why did the holy prophet (pbuh) have a pitch black flag as his banner ? No angels are not always white, again that's a western stereotype.

Angels are composed of 'Noor' which translates to sweet light. This means they can assume any form/shape and colour and we would never notice them.

Also the Angel of Death (Malaikat ?) is believed to have blue eyes with a black complexion. By that logic angels are Evil ? I don't think so.. ^^

The Khan
10-16-2008, 07:04 PM
Jazakallah, I have a much better understanding of angels now. ^_^

alcurad
10-16-2008, 09:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
^ different ppl hallucinating bout the same exact thing? hmm
prevalence is not the proof of them being correct. Google Argumentum ad numerum/argumentum ad populum for more on that.

Yanal
05-03-2009, 11:41 PM
People who know there death is near might see this,mashAllah if it's true and JazakAllah Khayr for sharing.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.