PDA

View Full Version : which is the bigger sinner?



innocent
10-14-2008, 12:56 PM
A person who does not wear hijab but prays regularly and does not backbite.

A person who wears hijab and does not pray and backbites.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 12:59 PM
They're both sinning in their own way. Wallahu A'lam.

Although leaving Salah ... *OK ima stay shut incase I say summin rong*
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by innocent
A person who does not wear hijab but prays regularly and does not backbite.

A person who wears hijab and does not pray and backbites.
they both suck



why you care bout who sucks more?

would it make you feel better if one sucks less then the other?

both of these situations are SERIOUS and both need to be ammended
Reply

Musaafirah
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
^^ Agreed.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 01:05 PM
But isnt leaving Salah the bigger sin?
Reply

Güven
10-14-2008, 01:06 PM
I think a person who wears hijab and does not pray and backbites cuz that is sooo hypocritical

but Allahu Alim

:w:
Reply

maryam87
10-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
they both suck



why you care bout who sucks more?

would it make you feel better if one sucks less then the other?

both of these situations are SERIOUS and both need to be ammended
Ur sounding extremely arrogant, firstly some scholars suggest if you dont pray ur not a muslim so thats the bigger sin

I dont have a scarf on, but inshallah intend to put it on soon
i guess u dont have to be soo rude about it just because ur soo perfect :enough!:
Reply

Güven
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
they both suck



why you care bout who sucks more?

would it make you feel better if one sucks less then the other?

both of these situations are SERIOUS and both need to be ammended
no i disagree the one who is acting hypocritical is not equal to one who prays and does not back bite

look there are THREE great sins in this situation
- no hijab
- backbiting
- no praying

1 person who prays and not backbite but for one reason cant wear hijab
is not the same as one who has hijab but doesnt know what that hijab stands for so Actually this person is commiting All of the sins plus being hypocritical


Allah knows best

:w:
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by JolieFleur
But isnt leaving Salah the bigger sin?
but is the salaah of a person who knowingly leaves out fard duties accepted?


theres no point in even going into it

we're not scholars



both these muslim's are flopping
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by maryam87
Ur sounding extremely arrogant, firstly some scholars suggest if you dont pray ur not a muslim so thats the bigger sin

I dont have a scarf on, but inshallah intend to put it on soon
i guess u dont have to be soo rude about it just because ur soo perfect :enough!:

LOL sorry ukhtee offending wasnt my intention



but i just wanted to snap the thread-opener to the fact that both these situations are horrible. Finding out which ones worse doesnt help anyway.



forgive me inshaAllah for any offense
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-14-2008, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
but is the salaah of a person who knowingly leaves out fard duties accepted?


theres no point in even going into it

we're not scholars



both these muslim's are flopping
Doesnt Salah come before hijab?

I'm just asking because I dont know. Not to challenge.
Reply

Musaafirah
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by maryam87
Ur sounding extremely arrogant, firstly some scholars suggest if you dont pray ur not a muslim so thats the bigger sin

I dont have a scarf on, but inshallah intend to put it on soon
i guess u dont have to be soo rude about it just because ur soo perfect :enough!:
I don't think he meant it in a bad way. Allahu A'lam. But both the situations are bad, in the sense that not wearing the hijab, you get sin, the people who look at you get sin and you get the sin for those who look at you.
Neglecting prayer takes one a step closer to leaving the fold of Islam.
Backbiting is sinful in itself, how can anyone expect to trust such a person?
So it's like asking a Question of which one is the lesser of the two evils.
I'm a sinful servant myself and I ask that you remember me in your duahs please.
Reply

IbnAbdulHakim
10-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
no i disagree the one who is acting hypocritical is not equal to one who prays and does not back bite
:
excellent point

but i stand by what i said, both are horrible




[S]and i am not anywhere near perfect i didnt say nethin like that so lets not say crazy things[/S]
Reply

Güven
10-14-2008, 01:16 PM
^yes i agree , we are sinners too so who are we to say who is a bigger sinner !

:w:
Reply

doorster
10-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by maryam87
Ur sounding extremely arrogant, firstly some scholars suggest if you dont pray ur not a muslim so thats the bigger sin

I dont have a scarf on, but inshallah intend to put it on soon
i guess u dont have to be soo rude about it just because ur soo perfect :enough!:
:sl:

I heard a story of a Muslim teacher who was ambushed by some African American sisters outside the place where had just finished giving a lecture, they asked him to show them where in Quraan it says to cover the hair. he in turn asked them if they maintained five daily prayers, when they replied in negative, he told them not to bother about hijaab for they had a far bigger problem to worry about!

:w:
Reply

maryam87
10-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
^yes i agree , we are sinners too so who are we to say who is a bigger sinner !

:w:
Exactly may Allah (swt) helps us stay on the right path
I dont believe there is such thing as a perfect person. We could never thank Allah (swt) enough for all the blessings his provided us with
I once heard in a lecture a brother mentioned if we were to have good deeds as high as the mountains put it on a scale with the blessing of one eye. The eye outweighs the most so lets jst think of all the blessings we do have

Alhamduallah
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-17-2014, 05:33 PM
  2. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 11:39 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-13-2009, 08:03 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-21-2006, 07:13 AM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!