PDA

View Full Version : >> Chinese Sayings <<



Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 11:35 AM

Love & Courage
"In True Love, One Finds Courage"


Confucius - Learning

"Learning without thought is labor lost;
thought without learning is perilous"



Only Through Letting Go
"Only through letting go can we truly
possess what is real"

And this is the Chinese symbol for 'I miss you'


WassalamuAlaykum
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 12:12 PM

  • Literally: A drop of water shall be returned with a burst of spring.
  • Meaning: Even if it was just a little help from others, you should return the favor with all you can when others are in need.



(ice+freeze+three+units(~feet),not+one+day's(7th and 8th)+chill)
  • Literally: Three feet of ice not result from one day of freezing weather.
  • Moral: A predicament is not formed without a period of events creating it.
  • Compare: Rome was not built in a day (Roma non fu fatta in un giorno, Italian proverb).




(empty+cave+come+wind+not+surely+not+cause)
  • Literally: If the wind comes from an empty cave, it's not without a reason.
  • Moral: Most seemingly strange rumours have an origin in fact.
Reply

highway_trekker
10-15-2008, 06:03 PM
I love these quotes... I love the Chinese script too Jazaakillaahu khayran :)
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 08:50 PM
Wa Iyaaki, but hmm...the chinese script in the 2nd post doesnt work :skeleton:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
seeker-of-light
10-15-2008, 10:03 PM
i love chinese sayings and parables. have you ever read the tao te ching? it is very interesting:)
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
i love chinese sayings and parables. have you ever read the tao te ching? it is very interesting:)
No sis, whats that? :D
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-15-2008, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by JolieFleur
No sis, whats that? :D
it is a book written by lao tsu he founded taoism. i have read it and it is very interesting how this guy who lived in china so long ago has such wisdom.:) you should read it:)
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
it is a book written by lao tsu he founded taoism. i have read it and it is very interesting how this guy who lived in china so long ago has such wisdom.:) you should read it:)
Wow I'll keep that in mind sis, JazakAllah khayr!
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-15-2008, 10:11 PM
Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Wow I'll keep that in mind sis, JazakAllah khayr!
hehe^^it is no problem. what kind of chinese things do you like? i like chinese food bestXD lol
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-15-2008, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
hehe^^it is no problem. what kind of chinese things do you like? i like chinese food bestXD lol
Just the proverbs :-[ I like all words of wisdom :)
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-15-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Just the proverbs :-[ I like all words of wisdom :)
me too:) i love to read quotes and stuff i even come up with my own (though they are never as good as the ones that other people come up withXD)
Reply

Ushae
10-16-2008, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the post, I'm fascinated by the Chinese and Japanese language!

I've been learning Japanese for some time now too.
Have you ever read Sun Tzu's Art of War there are some very wise sayings in there that todays military generals use?
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 11:12 AM
Originally Posted by Ushae
Thanks for the post, I'm fascinated by the Chinese and Japanese language!

I've been learning Japanese for some time now too.
Have you ever read Sun Tzu's Art of War there are some very wise sayings in there that todays military generals use?
Here's my thread on Japanese sayings :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/general/...e-sayings.html
Reply

Ushae
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Sweet thanks Jolie ! =)
Reply

MO783
10-16-2008, 11:27 AM
:sl:

Jazakallah for these

I like the saying "in True Love one finds courage"
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
BarakAllah feekum! :)
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Originally Posted by MO783
:sl:

Jazakallah for these

I like the saying "in True Love one finds courage"
ni-hao:)hehe i know a little chinese:P
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 09:54 PM
lol I just came across another...

'Man who drives like hell is bound to get there' ;D
Reply

The Khan
10-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
ni-hao:)hehe i know a little chinese:P
wo huay shua idiar pu-tonkh-hua. ^_^
Reply

Güven
10-18-2008, 02:35 PM
Time is like a river - it flows by and doesn't return.
Chinese Proverb

A gem is not polished without friction,
nor a man perfected without trials.
Chinese proverb

To believe in one's dreams is to spend all of one's life asleep.
Chinese proverb
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by The Khan
wo huay shua idiar pu-tonkh-hua. ^_^
oh you know chinese too?? awesome^^i have a friend that taught me alot of chinese like

xie xie(谢谢) bye bye--->拜拜(the same pronunciation as english> good night--->wan an(晚安)
hope that helps:)
Reply

suffiyan007
10-18-2008, 04:26 PM
wow! this proverbs since my ancestor....haha..

Ni hen hao ma?:statisfie
Reply

Sahabiyaat
10-18-2008, 04:32 PM
Originally Posted by Güven
To believe in one's dreams is to spend all of one's life asleep.
Chinese proverb
so it is wrong to dream?.I agree.
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-18-2008, 09:55 PM
I disagree with that saying.

The things we most want to do in our lives are the things that are the most worth doing. And that may include our dreams :D
Reply

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 11:10 PM
Originally Posted by JolieFleur
I disagree with that saying.

The things we most want to do in our lives are the things that are the most worth doing. And that may include our dreams :D
i agree with you on that:)
Reply

Re.TiReD
10-18-2008, 11:22 PM
lol jazakAllah khayr.

You seem to know a lot of languages masha'Allah :)
Reply

suffiyan007
10-19-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
oh you know chinese too?? awesome^^i have a friend that taught me alot of chinese like

xie xie(谢谢) bye bye--->拜拜(the same pronunciation as english> good night--->wan an(晚安)
hope that helps:)
Hello, Ni Hen Hao ma? Ni Che pao liao mei Yo?:statisfie
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-02-2011, 05:54 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-10-2010, 12:16 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-19-2009, 03:28 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 05:49 PM
  5. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-20-2006, 01:58 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!