/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic States Vs. Muslim Countries

transition?
10-15-2008, 08:33 PM
:sl:
I was recently reading the distinction of an Islamic country and a Muslim country.

Islamic country is one that adheres to only Sharia Law
while a
Muslim country is one that has a majority of Muslims, but does not strictly adhere to Islamic law and is most likely to have a mix of different law, incorporating some Islamic law.

One person made a point that there are no Islamic countries anymore, only Muslim countries.

I was wondering about Saudi Arabia. Is it not an Islamic country?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BlissfullyJaded
10-15-2008, 11:19 PM

No, it is a Muslim country. It does not strictly adhere to Shariah 100%. One very obvious point is that they are a monarchy, and monarchy is not part of Shariah. But they are the strictest of all Muslim countries I think.

The Khan
10-15-2008, 11:25 PM

I consider Iran as having the best form of Sharia. I consider it to be a true Islamic state.

:w:

transition?
10-16-2008, 01:17 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jawharah

No, it is a Muslim country. It does not strictly adhere to Shariah 100%. One very obvious point is that they are a monarchy, and monarchy is not part of Shariah. But they are the strictest of all Muslim countries I think.

Someone said that not allowing women to drive was a more cultural thing, is that true? ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The Khan
10-16-2008, 01:19 AM
Yes, it is 100% cultural.

Saudi is planning to remove that law, with a few restrictions.

These cultural aspects have been intergrated with Salafi doctrine. The Salafis and the monarchy have a mutual agreement with each other. Without the dominance of Salafi influenced Sharia, the monarchy will collapse, for the majority of the population follows Salafi thought.

transition?
10-16-2008, 01:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by The Khan
Yes, it is 100% cultural.

Saudi is planning to remove that law, with a few restrictions.
Do they have any information online anywhere about it?

I'm gonna search these forums.

Thanks brother.

The Khan
10-16-2008, 01:44 AM
You're welcome Okhee. ^^

Search on Google News, it did make international headlines a few months back.

BlissfullyJaded
10-16-2008, 01:56 AM

Yeah, Saudi women are expected be able to drive sometime this year or early next year. I haven't heard any reports of the King actually lifting the ban, there were just stating back then they are seriously considering it.

I disagree that Iran is an Islamic country, they're also just a Muslim country.

The Khan
10-16-2008, 07:13 PM
Maybe so, Okhee. Do you think there are any true Islamic states?

Quite a few countries call themselves "Islamic republic of..."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.