/* */

PDA

View Full Version : If you knew...

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 10:39 AM
you was going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Cabdullahi
10-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I would cry,then id make amends with every1 that i annoyed or troubled.i would pray my salat as usual then before sleeping i would kiss my mother on the forehead and then sleep then id wake up for salatul layl and pray 2 rakats and ask allah to save me!

------
10-16-2008, 10:44 AM
:salamext:

Nothing. Carry on living my life as normal, cause Allaah knows am trying my best.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2008, 10:47 AM
a lot of stuff

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MO783
10-16-2008, 10:50 AM
:sl:

I do not know, start by asking for forgivenss of sins and ask forgiveness from people.

And this is just the beginning

SixTen
10-16-2008, 11:01 AM
***None of us are perfect muslims. At the end of the day, humans, naturally, do not really take in that they will die one day and be judged infront of Allah - especially when we are young. We feel like we have the whole life ahead of us.

Knowing you will die tommorow, would greatly put things into perspective, and without a doubt, you will not live normally - unless you was the perfect muslim, which I believe none of us are.

Tilmeez
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
OMG!!
Never considered this before.
I'll do only one thing... cry and seek Allah's forgiveness for not being a Good Muslim.

**I should do this tonight!! Seems good reminder from Sister!! **

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 11:08 AM
----

Anyway, just so that my thread doesnt go off the rails too soon.

Here was the point of it, I meant to post the following:

Collected in the abridged version of al-Khatib al-Baghdadi's 'Iqtida' al-'Ilm al-'Amal' (p. 43-47), in the chapter titled 'Rushing to Deeds Before One's Youth and Health Disappear':

1 - Ghunaym bin Qays said:

"We would be admonished in the early days of Islam:

'O son of Adam! Act during your free time before you become busy, and during your youth before your old age, and during your health before your sickness, and during your stay in this world before the Hereafter, and during your life before your death.'"

2 - Ahmad bin Muhammad bin Masruq at-Tusi said:

"I recited to Mahmud bin al-Hasan:

Utilize your youth before it becomes spoiled * And the health of your body before it becomes sick;

And the days of your life before you die * For the one who lives will not live long;

And utilize your free time * Let your nights be spent in some work;

And put something forth, as every man is travelling towards * That which he has put forth...

3 - 'Abdullah bin al-Mubarak said:

Take advantage of two rak'at to bring you closer to Allah * If you happen to be relaxing;

And if you intend to speak a vain word * Replace it with a tasbih...

4 - Abu Muhammad Mansur bin Muhammad bin 'Abdullah al-Azdi chanted to himself:

Do not belittle an hour that can help you * In which you extend your hand in obedience;

As the living will die, and hopes are a deception * And the affair passes by hour by hour...

5 - Abu 'Abdillah Ahmad bin Ayyub chanted to himself:

In your free time, take advantage of the virtue of bowing in prayer * It might be that your death comes suddenly;

How many healthy ones have you seen without disease * Whose healthy selves disappeared and escaped them...

6 - Abu al-Walid Sulayman bin Khalaf bin Sa'd al-Andalusi chanted to himself:

If I knew for certain * That my entire life would last an hour;

Why would I be cheap with it * And not dedicate it to righteousness and obedience?

7 - Some of the scholars said:

"A group of people invited a man for some food on an extremely hot day. So, he said: "I am fasting."

They said: "On a day like this?!"

He said: "Do you want me to waste my days?""

8 - Abu Bakr bin Abi ad-Dunya said:

"A group of people invited a man for some food. So, he said: "I am fasting."

They said: "Break your fast today, and fast tomorrow."

He said: "And who will be there for me tomorrow?""

9 - 'Abdullah bin al-Mu'taz said:

"Seize the opportunity today, and do not wait for tomorrow, as there is nobody to guarantee tomorrow for you."

10 - One of Dawud at-Ta'i's brothers said to him:

"O Abu Sulayman! You know the kinship between us. So, advise me!"

So, his eyes began to water, and he said: "My brother! Indeed, the night and day are stages that the people pass through - one stage at a time - until they reach the end of their journey. So, if you are able to put forth for every day some provision for each stage, do so. And if your journey is cut short, prepare for your journey what you can, and fulfill what you are able of this affair, because it is as if its end will catch you by surprise. I do not know anyone who is more wasteful in this affair than I am."

He then got up and left."

11 - 'Umar bin Muhammad bin Ahmad recited:

You are in a state of heedlessness and false hope * You do now know when your end will come;

Do not be deceived by good health * For it is from the most painful of flaws;

Every soul has for its day * An awakening to cut off its incessant hope;

So, do that which is good and exert yourself * Before you are unable to do anything...

12 - 'Abdullah bin Muhammad al-Ash'ari al-Madini recited:

If yesterday you fell into a mistake * Then find some good to perform while you are thankful;

And do not delay a good deed from today to tomorrow * Tomorrow might arrive while you are deprived;

Because if you take care of today, it will benefit you * And days gone by will never return...

Ushae
10-16-2008, 11:23 AM
lol I love these hypothetical questions!

I'd probably spend the last day with my family and loved ones an would prefer to die in sajdah to Allah.

Ushae
10-16-2008, 11:24 AM
Curious, what an atheists response would be ? lol ^^

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2008, 11:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ushae
Curious, what an atheists response would be ? lol ^^
im not lol

its probably to make the most of the rest of their life

this could be interpreted depending on each person and how they view "making the most" is :)

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:19 PM
^^ maybe living their last moments to the full.

I mean, even an atheists life must have some meaning and purpose right? (though subjective) :-\

May we all die as Mu'mins though, ameen.

Pk_#2
10-16-2008, 12:26 PM
..Not kill myself.

(Do I get a hug from bat girl?)

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pk_#2
..Not kill myself.

(Do I get a hug from bat girl?)

So if you wasnt going to die you'd kill yourself? And then land yourself in Jahannan? :(

Nah...you're stronger than that.

And yeh you do :mmokay: :p *hugs*

Woodrow
10-16-2008, 12:46 PM
Just to add in a sobering thought. Forget about tomorrow. Each of us is no further than one heart beat away from death. A new born baby is just as close to death as I am.

Approaching death is a close companion of ours from the moment we are born.

Forget about tomorrow, what are you going to do with this moment? We are not guaranteed we will have as much time left as even the next heart beat.

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:48 PM
JazakAllah khayr ^^ that was going to be the final thought for the thread, you ruined the punchline uncle! lol

I was going to say... 'What would you do if you knew you was going to die tomorrow?' .... but then think about it, 'Who guaranteed you the next hour? The next minute....the next second even?' ... subhanAllah.

bewildred
10-16-2008, 12:49 PM
I'd buy those Prada boots I longed to, I'd try to eat indian cuisine, I'd sky jump, I'd tell my boss all what I think of him right between the eyes, I'd tell my sister-in-law that her Irish stew is too terrible, I'll tell my hubby that Red Socks really suck.......... JOKING

More seriously, I'd spend my last night with my mom. I'd tell her just how much I love her. Knowing her, she'd tell me:"What do you exactly need from me?"......

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:50 PM
People mentioned their mums. But nobody said they'd sit asking for forgiveness from Allah (swt), or asking people who they've wronged. lol Just a thought.

bewildred
10-16-2008, 12:55 PM
Just a thought.....one must be asking for forgiveness from Allah so many times a day. What's the use of asking forgiveness the very last day of one's life?

And miss Jolie Fleur, you asked to know what people would do and you were not supposed to judge them.

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Just a thought.....one must be asking for forgiveness from Allah so many times a day. What's the use of asking forgiveness the very last day of one's life?
You realise you're that much more closer to the heaven or hell of Allah (swt)... you'd naturally want to distance yourself from hell when it seems so much more real to you.

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 12:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred

And miss Jolie Fleur, you asked to know what people would do and you were not supposed to judge them.
Sis....I'm not judging them. I'm just keeping the discussion going.

To be honest I dont know what I'd do...I'm just interested in what everybody would say.

bewildred
10-16-2008, 01:03 PM
In my haste to reply, I forgot to tell you that it was a nice reminder. Good thread by the way.

truemuslim
10-16-2008, 03:14 PM
i would................
hug my mum kiss her on her head, say im sorry for......whatever i have done to upset her.....
read some quran. pray over nd over, the lail salah, nd jus su random rakats, beg allah to forgive me...
nd right when it turns to 11:59 pm, i'll drink one last coke :statisfie :p
then lie down with my hands on me in praying position thing, nd close my eyes. say the shahada. nd goodniight

You know this reminds me of something funny.
when i went to yemen in august, me nd my cousins were on the roof nd next to our house is the largest mountain in ta'izz, jabl sabr, perfect view of it, nd they say that when its judgement day, ther will be lava coming out of that mountain, nd it will take over the entire city of ta'izz, then ibb, then aden, ndall that. nd we wil be the first to die coz we're right next to it. nd u kno wat? my cousins looked out to the mountain from ther house somewher downtown nd they saw someone burning something on the mountain nd it looked like it was exploding or something nd they started panicking like crazy! loool, they said they had went to everyone nd told them theyr sorry nd all, forgive them, nd everyone was all crying nd all nd prayin nd stuff :p loooool i woulda been dying of laughter if i was ther, fortunatly i was in here in usa at the time.
then after the fire burnt out they were soooooooooooooo ":-[:-[:-[:-[" :p
they had even admitted to each other, things that they did nd the other didnt kno :exhausted loool

i dunno why but i find that funny.

i never believed them anyway thats why i thought it was funny, by i nver believed them i mean ther is no hadith or anything sayijng that mountain is gonna burst or notin :p

Na7lah
10-16-2008, 03:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
you was going to die tomorrow, what would you do today?
i don't know but i'd atleast try my best to ask for Allah's forgiveness in the best way i could, mayb stay up the whole night crying

Allahu A3lam, but this thread sent shivers down my spine
Subhanallah, i mean u might die right now before u even finish reading this

roohani.doctor
10-16-2008, 03:30 PM
scary thought.......i sometimes dream its the day of judgement and im praying and beggin for one more chance.... its a scary feeling, knowin that theres no goin back... always wake up sweating and crying....we have to realise lifes too short and it could end any moment... insha'allah all of us are on the straight path... may Allah bless each and every one of us and make us strong in our imaan... ameen...

amirulhakimi
10-16-2008, 04:29 PM
Pray Pray and pray
Do what Allah told us before we die

noorseeker
10-16-2008, 04:39 PM
we should live each day as our last,

but i know i dont, i alaways think ,nah i got years left.

Zahida
10-16-2008, 05:49 PM
:sl:Hmmmmmmmmm Interesting.

If i knew that morrow i am going to die i would spend as much time left possible on my prayer mat............

Every namaaz should be prayed as if it were your last anyway...............

I would see my mum and ask her forgiveness as heaven lies at her feet.......

I wouldn't bother with anyone else not that i don't love them family i mean........... but they won't save me in the next jahaan................

I would make sure that i am prepared as in ghusal ................ although it would be given to me when i am dead....................

I would not be afraid.......... as i know that i could be dead in the next 1.2.3.4.5.............. minutes

:w:

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 05:55 PM
SubhanAllah...

Kullu Nafsin Dhaa'iqatul Mawt...

May we all die on Haqq....Ameen imsad

Woodrow
10-23-2008, 06:05 AM
Life is so short, that at the moment we face what should be certain death, it seems as though the years were only minutes. Yet, none of us can know what we will do or say until that minute arrives. All we can do is prepare for it by understanding, it will come and it will come in an instant without warning, let us treat our next moment as our last and spend this moment Thanking Allaah(swt) for what he has already given us and remember to beg him to show us mercy.

Zeal
04-25-2018, 02:11 PM
Do my best in sha Allah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.