/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Nike Shoes or not?

kurasan
10-16-2008, 03:41 PM
[MAD][/MAD]I'm aware that a lot of products produce with Allah names on it.It's a disgrace to ISLAM!!! This is one of it, i took from a friend of mine at kurasan.blogspot.com

You may watch the shoes picture here at

http://digg.com/world_news/Nike_SHoes_that_sucks

WHat do you think?[MAD][/MAD]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
truemuslim
10-16-2008, 03:48 PM
looked like flames tho.
until u look at it up close

i think they look like crap anyway so nobody would buy them . everyone is too busy buying the NEWEST SHOOES...

theyr the fusion thing with the two best shoes, air jordan, nd air force or watever...

nobody'll look at this crap

:D

UmmSqueakster
10-16-2008, 05:04 PM
Seriously, didn't this happen years ago? Like 1998?

Yeah, 1998. Let it go.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9811/21/nike.islamic/

truemuslim
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
LOL no wonder they look extremely gay! :p

i feel so relieved :D
thank u sis

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muzzy
01-01-2009, 02:48 AM
I don't understand the relationship with the title and the article:?

Sahabiyaat
01-01-2009, 05:45 PM
air....randy..?

r u kidding me.....

~Taalibah~
01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by kurasan

WHat do you think?
I'd never wear nike shoes.

kkop
02-03-2009, 06:43 PM
lol...nike shoes?

i prefer nike sb dunk

look this:

Colorful Nike Sb Dunk Low

this is my first nike shoe..:D

Dawud_uk
02-03-2009, 08:37 PM
:sl:

i would never ever where nike shoes, even if i had to go bare footed.

nike was a greek goddess, this is a stylised version of this goddesses winged shoe symbol and to wear any symbol of another faith knowingly is kufr akbar.

Silver
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
I prefer adidas :D

Fishman
02-03-2009, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk

nike was a greek goddess, this is a stylised version of this goddesses winged shoe symbol and to wear any symbol of another faith knowingly is kufr akbar.

Even if it's a dead faith like Greek polytheism?
:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
02-04-2009, 12:59 AM

:sl: akhi,

I dislike disagreements, so I'm not going to get into a long drawn out discussion; at the same time I believe it's important to put forth another perspective so here is my humble attempt at doing so.

No one, literally no one, today wears Nike seeking to venerate or worship a goddess, the sign has no religious significance whatsoever in our times. This makes it an ijtihad based issue and these kinds of ijtihad based issues have been around right from the early days of Islam. I personally believe that declaring it completely haram is unwarranted though I do see the reasoning why some scholars would say it's haram.

My point being, if we were to start looking into symbols and structures and words around us, we would find many having a pagan background. For example, would anyone declare it kufr akbar to use the words 'Sunday', 'Monday' and 'Tuesday' when each comes from 'Sol' the god of the Sun, Mani, the god of the moon, and Tyr the war-god respectively? All of these come from a pagan background, not to mention the rest of the days of the week and the names of the months!

I believe that if someone wants to avoid wearing it out of personal Taqwa, go ahead, that's really good. But we should just be a little more careful when declaring things as kufr and kufr-akbar.

All that said, I personally don't like Nikes. I prefer Reeboks (smile).

Yanal
02-04-2009, 01:01 AM
I have only one brand shoe (Nike( my father has reebok and I'm going to buy one reebok shoe in a week or two.
Btw those pics are from Kappa or air Jordan.

Dawud_uk
02-04-2009, 06:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl: akhi,

I dislike disagreements, so I'm not going to get into a long drawn out discussion; at the same time I believe it's important to put forth another perspective so here is my humble attempt at doing so.

No one, literally no one, today wears Nike seeking to venerate or worship a goddess, the sign has no religious significance whatsoever in our times. This makes it an ijtihad based issue and these kinds of ijtihad based issues have been around right from the early days of Islam. I personally believe that declaring it completely haram is unwarranted though I do see the reasoning why some scholars would say it's haram.

My point being, if we were to start looking into symbols and structures and words around us, we would find many having a pagan background. For example, would anyone declare it kufr akbar to use the words 'Sunday', 'Monday' and 'Tuesday' when each comes from 'Sol' the god of the Sun, Mani, the god of the moon, and Tyr the war-god respectively? All of these come from a pagan background, not to mention the rest of the days of the week and the names of the months!

I believe that if someone wants to avoid wearing it out of personal Taqwa, go ahead, that's really good. But we should just be a little more careful when declaring things as kufr and kufr-akbar.

All that said, I personally don't like Nikes. I prefer Reeboks (smile).

:w: akhi,

these are opinions of legitimate ulema of ahlus sunnah, to wear the religious symbol knowing it is such is kufr akbar because according to the Quran and sunnah imaan is made up of belief, speech and action.

it is not enough to believe something to be wrong, a man who believes idol worship to be wrong but still bows to an idol is a kaffir if he had no compulsion, or wasnt insane etc.

simularly, it is not enough to know wearing a religious symbol is haram, to act by wearing such a symbol contradicts imaan by action.

Muezzin
02-04-2009, 08:10 PM

I do wish more people would make this argument rather than the one in the original post.

Cabdullahi
02-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Symbolism is everywhere we cant avoid them if even if we tried
different corporate logo’s, the use of checkerboards in movies and many other things the synchronization of masonic and paganistic symbols are everywhere around us, however what we could do is keep hold of allah's rope by preserving and executing the five daily prayers day in day out......inshallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!