/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Another new person

Roxy8491
10-16-2008, 05:16 PM
So, hi. I'm new to this forum. Started turning toward Islam about 9 months ago and have been practicing (as far as praying everyday) for about 2 months. What I know about Islam is what I've read in the Qur'an and a little bit off the internet, but I don't know any Muslims. Nor have I ever set foot in a mosque. So I'll probably be really annoying asking a lot of dumb questions :)

Just so you know!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ali.
10-16-2008, 05:24 PM
:welcome: to the forum!

I wish you a beneficial and enjoyable stay and please, do not hesitate to ask any questions! :)

UmmSqueakster
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
assalamu alaikum,

Welcome to the forum and to Islam! Check out the link in my signature for good resources for newbies. Unfortunately the best site (iprofess.com) is down right now, but check it every few days, cuz it's awesomeness :D

No question is stupid, so don't be shy in asking

Muslim Woman
10-16-2008, 05:26 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Roxy8491
So, hi. I'm new to this forum. Started turning toward Islam about 9 months ago and have been practicing (as far as praying everyday) for about 2 months. What I know about Islam is what I've read in the Qur'an and a little bit off the internet, but I don't know any Muslims. Nor have I ever set foot in a mosque. So I'll probably be really annoying asking a lot of dumb questions :)

Just so you know!
welcome to Islam :D
welcome to the forum :)

U are welcome to start annoying us lol :thankyou:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ayesha Rana
10-16-2008, 05:30 PM
lol welcome sis, hurry up and post so u become a full member and thenu can join our sis section^^!

Roxy8491
10-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks guys! I'll post any questions in the New Muslim section.

BNDGR
10-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Asalam alaikum sis,
Welcome!!!! InshaAllah you will learn alot here!! I'm a revert too, we can learn together!!:)

noorseeker
10-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Assalamalikum, welcome

kwolney01
10-16-2008, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the forum sister!!!

I am a recent revert and I have found this site to be really helpful!! I hope you find it to be helpful also!!

I wish you the best sister, and feel free to ask as many questions as you'd like!!!

Salaams!!

Strzelecki
10-17-2008, 07:48 AM
Wa 3alaikum asalam and welcome to the forums our sister.
Hope you like it here.
Masha'Allah! Welcome to Islam.

Mikayeel
10-17-2008, 09:16 AM
:sl:

Nd welcome!

Wooww Ur from florida??? LUCKY! :D

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 10:48 AM
[mouse]:salamext:
Welcome, some of us old members can be annoying too so you'll fit right in :p[/mouse]

Roxy8491
10-17-2008, 05:08 PM
What does Masha'Allah mean? I think Insha'Allah means God Willing?

Mikayeel I know so lucky! I'm also right next to Orlando - 10 min drive to WDW, 30 mins to SeaWorld and Universal. Insha'Allah you'll come on vacation one day (if you haven't already)

UmmSqueakster
10-17-2008, 05:34 PM
Glossary of Islamic Terms and Concepts and Tip of the Muslim Tongue - for all your vocabulary needs ;)

truemuslim
10-18-2008, 01:50 AM

Mikayeel I know so lucky! I'm also right next to Orlando - 10 min drive to WDW, 30 mins to SeaWorld and Universal. Insha'Allah you'll come on vacation one day (if you haven't already)
aw got space for an ohioan? :-[
salam nd welcome dear sis!
:statisfie

rose17
10-18-2008, 02:14 AM
Welcome to islam and to the forum sister

Yanal
10-18-2008, 02:31 AM
:w:
Ah great another person less chances of me becoming a mod arg
Joking welcome aboard you have come to a ship that you can never get out waaah(evil laugh)

MustafaMc
10-18-2008, 03:04 AM
Welcome to the forum.
Masha'Allah means "Allah has willed" and it is said when someone praises someone or something. "You have a beautiful flower garden, masha'Allah" It is a way of giving praise to Allah and giving Him credit for the good in your life.

Yes, insha'Allah means "Allah willing" and is said when you plan to do something. "Insha'Allah, I will go to college when I graduate high school." Here in rural Mississippi, the Christians say, "God willing and the creek don't rise". I guess it goes back to before we had bridges over creeks or something.
My wife and I went to WDW for our honeymoon - over 26 years ago!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.