/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 60 ways to keep your husband's love...

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 09:01 PM
:salamext:

Since we have one for the bro's...here's one for the sisters Insha'Allah.

1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female–a man doesn't want a man for his wife!

2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, don't stay in your sleeping suit all day.

3. Smell good!

4. Don't lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.

5. Don't keep asking him, "what are you thinking?"

6. Stop nagging non-stop before Allah ta'ala gives you something really to complain about.

7. Absolutely no talking about your spousal problems to anyone you meet, not even under the pretense of seeking help! If you think you want to solve legitimate marital issues, then go seek counseling with the right person who can give advice in either:

8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.

9. Learn all the rights and obligations of each other in Islam. Focus on fulfilling your obligations, not demanding your rights

10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.

11. Keep your house clean, at least to the level that he wants it.

12. Compliment him on the things you know he's not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.

13. Tell him he's the best husband ever.

14. Call his family often.

15. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.

16. When he's talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like you're interested.

17. Encourage him to do good deeds.

18. If he's in a bad mood, give him some space. He'll get over it, inshaAllah.

19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It's a big deal.

20. If he's angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while you're quiet.You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when he's calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.

21. When you're mad at him, don't say "YOU make me furious", rather, "This action makes me upset". Direct your anger to the action and circumstance rather than at him.

22. Remember that your husband has feelings, so take them into consideration.

23. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if they're good guys. Encourage him to go out, so he doesn't feel "cooped up" at home.

24. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really

25. Learn how to tell him what you expect without him having to guess all the time. Learn to communicate your feelings.

26. Don't get mad over small things. It's not worth it.

27. Make jokes. If you're not naturally funny, go on the internet and read some jokes, and then tell them to him.

28. Tell him you're the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know you're good at.

29. Learn to make his favorite dish.

30. Don't ever, EVER talk bad about him with friends or family unnecessarily. If they end up agreeing with you, you will see that it hits you back in the face because you get more depressed that you have a bad husband–and other people also think you have a bad husband.

31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you're a home-maker, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.

32. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.

33. Husband and wife should discuss and communicate with wisdom with each other to convey what they like and dislike of each other to do or not to do. Do NOT give commands or instructions like he's your servant. "They are garment to each other" [Surah Baqarah, 2:187]

34. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha, radiallahu anha, narrated that the Prophet , salallahu alaihi wasalaam, used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like "a knot." And the next time he would ask her, "How is that knot?" He also used to reply to her saying, "Jazzakillah, O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you."

35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter and stronger than him.

36. Keep fit and take care of your health so you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper, inshaAllah you will not get FAT and frumpy.

37. Refine and cultivate good mannerisms i.e do not whine, don't laugh or talk too loud or walk like an elephant.

38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.

39. Make sure all his clothes are clean and pressed so he is always looking fresh and crisp.

40. Don't discuss important/controversial matters with him when he is tired or sleepy. Find right time for right discussion.

41. The way to a man's heart is through his stomach.

42. Always let him know that you appreciate him working and bringing home the "dough". It makes it easier for him to go to work.

43. Make sure you ALWAYS have something for dinner.

44. Brush your hair, everyday.

45. Don't forget to do laundry.

46. Surprise him with gifts. Even necessities, such as new shoes, can be gifts.

47. Listen to him. (Even when he talks about extremely boring things like basketball or computers.)

48. Try (hard as it might be) to take interest in his hobbies

49. Try not to go shopping too much … and spend all his money.

50. Look attractive and be seductive towards him. Flirt with him.

51. Learn tricks and "techniques" to please your husband in intimacy. (Of course goes both ways.)

52. Prepare for special evenings with him with special dinner and exclusive time (no children permitted).

53. Take care of your skin, especially your face. The face is center of attraction.

54. If you not satisfied intimately, talk to him and tell him. Help him or provide resources, don't wait until matters become worse.

55. Ask Allah to strengthen and preserve the bonds of compassion and love between the two of you, every day, every prayer. Ask him to protect that bond from Shaytaan. When a lesser devil destroys the love between spouses, he is the most beloved of Shaytaan. Nothing works like du'ah, and love only exists between spouses where Allah instills it.

56. Don't EVER compare your husbands to other husbands! For example don't say, "well her husband doesn't do that, why do you …" (thats a killer!)

57. Be happy with what you have because no one is perfect. If you want perfection, wait until you enter Jannah together inshaAllah–and of course, vice versa!

58. Strive for Allah's love first and foremost! if all wives try to seek Allah's love and pleasure, surely, they can keep their husbands love too. And remember–if Allah loves you, the angels will love you, and the entire creation will love you.

59. If you pack a lunch for your husband to take to work, from time to time sneak in a little love note or sweet poem. If he doesn't take a lunch, leave the note somewhere else for him to find, like in his briefcase, or wallet or on the car steering-wheel

60. Wake him up for Qiyam ul-Layl (in the last third of the night) and ask him to pray with you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
bewildred
10-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Pffffffff, it was too perfect with "60 ways to keep your wife happy". There had to be a price to pay.:enough!:

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred
Pffffffff, it was too perfect with "60 ways to keep your wife happy". There had to be a price to pay.:enough!:
lol ;D marriage is a 2-way street I guess sis.

Nájlá
10-16-2008, 09:13 PM
:exhausted:exhausted :exhausted 60 ways ??:exhausted :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2008, 09:17 PM
when i read this:

15. Give him a simple task to do at home and then thank him when he does it. This will encourage him to do more.

16. When he's talking about something boring, listen and nod your head. Even ask questions to make it seem like you're interested.
i laughed a little

by the time i got to this:

27. Make jokes. If you're not naturally funny, go on the internet and read some jokes, and then tell them to him.
it turned into full blown rofling! i mean LOL!! ;D

we want nice wives here not robots !

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeh I guess. Every little helps though huh.

bewildred
10-16-2008, 09:22 PM
59. If you pack a lunch for your husband to take to work, from time to time sneak in a little love note or sweet poem. If he doesn't take a lunch, leave the note somewhere else for him to find, like in his briefcase, or wallet or on the car steering-wheel

I love doing that. I'd love to put it in his wallet but I seem to never be able to put my hand on it ^o)

Re.TiReD
10-16-2008, 09:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by bewildred

I love doing that. I'd love to put it in his wallet but I seem to never be able to put my hand on it ^o)
;D looll!

May Allah (swt) bless you sis and keep you happy always. Ameen! :D

IbnAbdulHakim
10-16-2008, 09:25 PM
60. Wake him up for Qiyam ul-Layl (in the last third of the night) and ask him to pray with you.
concentrating on this one thing should be sufficient IMHO (in my honest opinion)

im sure the rest will follow, but that.. subhanAllaah, you'd be have to be ONE HUGE A$$ not to love a wife who does that for you

wth1257
10-17-2008, 12:13 AM
:coolious:
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur

1. Behave like a female, i.e. all the tenderness of a female–a man doesn't want a man for his wife!

2. Dress pleasantly/attractively. If you are a home-maker, don't stay in your sleeping suit all day.

3. Smell good!

4. Don't lay out all your problems on your husband as soon as he walks in. Give him a little mental break.

6. Stop nagging non-stop before Allah ta'ala gives you something really to complain about.

7. Absolutely no talking about your spousal problems to anyone you meet, not even under the pretense of seeking help! If you think you want to solve legitimate marital issues, then go seek counseling with the right person who can give advice in either:

8. Be kind to your mother-in-law the same way you would like your husband to be kind to your own mother.

9. Learn all the rights and obligations of each other in Islam. Focus on fulfilling your obligations, not demanding your rights

10. Race to the door when he comes home, as if you were waiting for him. Smile and hug him.

12. Compliment him on the things you know he's not so confident about (looks, intelligence, etc.) This will build his self-esteem.

19. Thank him sincerely for providing you with food and shelter. It's a big deal.

20. If he's angry with you and starts yelling, let him yell it out while you're quiet.You will see your fight will end a lot faster. Then when he's calm, you can tell him your side of the story and how you want him to change something.

21. When you're mad at him, don't say "YOU make me furious", rather, "This action makes me upset". Direct your anger to the action and circumstance rather than at him.

23. Let him chill with his friends without guilt, especially if they're good guys. Encourage him to go out, so he doesn't feel "cooped up" at home.

24. If your husband is annoyed over a little thing you do (and you can control it), then stop doing it. Really

25. Learn how to tell him what you expect without him having to guess all the time. Learn to communicate your feelings.

28. Tell him you're the best wife ever and compliment yourself on certain things you know you're good at.

30. Don't ever, EVER talk bad about him with friends or family unnecessarily. If they end up agreeing with you, you will see that it hits you back in the face because you get more depressed that you have a bad husband–and other people also think you have a bad husband.

31. Use your time wisely and get things accomplished. If you're a home-maker, take online classes and get active in your community. This will make you happy and a secondary bonus is that it impresses your husband.

32. Do all of the above fee sabeelillah and you will see Allah put barakah in everything you do.

33. Husband and wife should discuss and communicate with wisdom with each other to convey what they like and dislike of each other to do or not to do. Do NOT give commands or instructions like he's your servant. "They are garment to each other" [Surah Baqarah, 2:187]

34. Tell your husband you love him, many, many times. Aisha, radiallahu anha, narrated that the Prophet , salallahu alaihi wasalaam, used to ask her how strong her love for him, she said like "a knot." And the next time he would ask her, "How is that knot?" He also used to reply to her saying, "Jazzakillah, O Aishah, wallahi, you have not rejoiced in me as I have rejoiced in you."

35. Have a race with your husband and let him win, even if you are much fitter and stronger than him.

36. Keep fit and take care of your health so you will remain a strong mother, wife, cook and housekeeper, inshaAllah you will not get FAT and frumpy.

37. Refine and cultivate good mannerisms i.e do not whine, don't laugh or talk too loud or walk like an elephant.

38. Do not leave the house without his permission and certainly not without his knowledge.

39. Make sure all his clothes are clean and pressed so he is always looking fresh and crisp.

40. Don't discuss important/controversial matters with him when he is tired or sleepy. Find right time for right discussion.

42. Always let him know that you appreciate him working and bringing home the "dough". It makes it easier for him to go to work.

47. Listen to him. (Even when he talks about extremely boring things like basketball or computers.)

51. Learn tricks and "techniques" to please your husband in intimacy. (Of course goes both ways.)

52. Prepare for special evenings with him with special dinner and exclusive time (no children permitted).

53. Take care of your skin, especially your face. The face is center of attraction.

54. If you not satisfied intimately, talk to him and tell him. Help him or provide resources, don't wait until matters become worse.

55. Ask Allah to strengthen and preserve the bonds of compassion and love between the two of you, every day, every prayer. Ask him to protect that bond from Shaytaan. When a lesser devil destroys the love between spouses, he is the most beloved of Shaytaan. Nothing works like du'ah, and love only exists between spouses where Allah instills it.

56. Don't EVER compare your husbands to other husbands! For example don't say, "well her husband doesn't do that, why do you …" (thats a killer!)

57. Be happy with what you have because no one is perfect. If you want perfection, wait until you enter Jannah together inshaAllah–and of course, vice versa!

58. Strive for Allah's love first and foremost! if all wives try to seek Allah's love and pleasure, surely, they can keep their husbands love too. And remember–if Allah loves you, the angels will love you, and the entire creation will love you.

You COULD do that, or just give him $20 every now and then.

I'm not married but I'm sure if someone just gave me $20 for no reason sometimes I'd be happy and love them forever :statisfie

or give him a kit kat bar, people in their add's always seem wonderfully happy

Cabdullahi
10-17-2008, 12:33 AM
60 ways? :laugh: just 4 things are enough to keep ur husbands love 1.fix a sandwich, 2.always show interest in like football,games and etc 3.wash his clothes 4. and last but not least just shut up

Those 4 things are enough,who ever said 60 'jolie' is avin a laugh :rollseyes

ayan333
10-17-2008, 12:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
concentrating on this one thing should be sufficient IMHO (in my honest opinion)

im sure the rest will follow, but that.. subhanAllaah, you'd be have to be ONE HUGE A$$ not to love a wife who does that for you
:sl:

MashALLAH...my fav one

ayan333
10-17-2008, 12:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim

MashALLAH...my fav one

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-17-2008, 12:51 AM

Great list. :D

In terms of the last one..it reminded me of how 'Amra, a saliha, used to wake her husband for night prayer. She used to say:
Night is gone and day is here. And between your hands is a long road, and few provisions. The caravans of the righteous are far ahead of us, and we're still here. Wake up, wake up, wake up.

ayan333
10-17-2008, 12:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad

Great list. :D

In terms of the last one..it reminded me of how 'Amra, a saliha, used to wake her husband for night prayer. She used to say:
Night is gone and day is here. And between your hands is a long road, and few provisions. The caravans of the righteous are far ahead of us, and we're still here. Wake up, wake up, wake up.

Wow MashALLAH

Rabiya_M
10-17-2008, 03:52 AM

3. Smell good!

Alhamdulillah I think did almost all of it in last two years! No wonder we never had an argument or fight since our Nikkah, Alhamdulillah. :statisfie

Rabiya_M
10-17-2008, 03:54 AM
I think did almost all of it in last two years! No wonder we never had an argument or fight since our Nikkah, Alhamdulillah. :statisfie Actually most of the credit goes to my husband....he is one awesome hubby mashaAllah =)

Rabiya_M
10-17-2008, 03:55 AM

Rabiya_M
10-17-2008, 03:56 AM
argh i can't edit my post...this sucks. Sorry about the repost.

wth1257
10-17-2008, 04:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabiya_M
I think did almost all of it in last two years! No wonder we never had an argument or fight since our Nikkah, Alhamdulillah. :statisfie Actually most of the credit goes to my husband....he is one awesome hubby mashaAllah =)

Nikkah?

TrueStranger
10-17-2008, 04:12 AM
I have never seen a list so long, makes marriage seem even more complicated. I have forgotten most of them by the time i read the last one :skeleton:

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 09:55 AM
Lol, I take these as nice reminders, nothing more and nothing less. Why? Because in my opinion these things should come naturally, especially when it comes to somebody you love. Some see 60 as far too many, but my question...wouldnt you wanna do more? I would, Bi'ithnillah.

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2008, 10:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by wth1257
Nikkah?
it is the wedding ceremony :)

it makes you husband and wife in Allahs eyes, its when both man and woman officially become halal for each other.

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 01:08 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

this is all very nice and sweet...

however.....i found it a little insulting and a bit sad...........i mean....dont get fat and frumpy? ..........search jokes on the internet.........this one really made me laugh > brush ur hair everyday!!! LOL. ...doesnt everybody brush their hair everyday...in my case atelast twice lol..........let him win races?

most of these i just found really silly and a bit sad,...a bit like acting like jumping brain washed puppy, with no mind or interest or feelings of your own.

i think the husband list for the wife was alot more simpler.

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 01:10 PM
Lol I dont know. I mean I can see where you're coming from....but I guess its urging people to maybe do too much rather than too less or nothing at all. Wallahu A'lam.

Like I said before, I think its a reminder. Some people may lax in their duties, or just simply forget.

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 01:13 PM

and i thought i saw akhee amhmedjunior just say one of the things to please a husband is to just shut up? :-\

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

*walks out*

Cabdullahi
10-17-2008, 02:10 PM
Noo..what i said was show interest in football and games,if u cant then just shut up.

I was joking earlier about the 4 things which a wife has to do in order to keep her husbands love,in a relationship like that we cannot put a number as to how many things a wife must do,in order for her to keep her husbands love its much easier if she just did everything

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 02:27 PM
i must have misunderstood then akhee.

LOL, she must do everything,...that must be much easier ^o) lol.

in all seriousness,although few, there were good points in the post e.g the last one, and one about putting a note in his luch (accidently put it in his sandwich and he eats it and gets ill lol)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2008, 02:37 PM
^ thats all right

when his in bed all angry and about to puke and goes "who on earth put that piece of paper in my sandwich", you can say "it was me, it was a love letter :-["

and then he'd go all soft n feel like a bad person and probably even get all better

its funny, emotions really do tend to affect the physical illnesses, must be a brain thing and mental states

S_87
10-17-2008, 02:42 PM
i wouldnt tell anyone i loved them. id tell them i hate them

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 02:43 PM
i bet u already have honey ^ now calm down :D

truemuslim
10-17-2008, 02:50 PM
LOl jolie i tried not to post this one :p (im kidding of course)
unfortunatly husbands prolly aint like ladies .......suck ups..
so this prolly AINT gona work wit em :X

format_quote Originally Posted by Ahmedjunior
60 ways? :laugh: just 4 things are enough to keep ur husbands love 1.fix a sandwich, 2.always show interest in like football,games and etc 3.wash his clothes 4. and last but not least just shut up

Those 4 things are enough,who ever said 60 'jolie' is avin a laugh :rollseyes
ur so mean. why would u marry someone who shuts up the whole time....when u could jus sit all alone in ur trashy college dorm wher its peace nd quiet :exhausted

Cabdullahi
10-17-2008, 02:56 PM
^
i was just kidding,if i had the chance to marry id marry a talkative or a non talkative girl because both are better then nothing and right now i have nothing

truemuslim
10-17-2008, 02:57 PM
lol so since u hav nothing you'll marry anything.....hmm...

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
:giggling:

Cabdullahi
10-17-2008, 02:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by truemuslim
lol so since u hav nothing you'll marry anything.....hmm...
No sister not quite ,u misunderstood but its aight

truemuslim
10-17-2008, 03:08 PM
i love "3anidding" ppl...especially when theyr not used to it :p

sorry bro!

now serious

inshallah u can find a good wife who uses her own ways to keep ur lov nd u find u own ways to keep her love , nd u all live happily ever after in jannah too :) ameen

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 08:07 PM
lol.

It depends on the person I guess. Some people would like somebody talkative and others not. I need somebody to shut me up :-[

wth1257
10-17-2008, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
it is the wedding ceremony :)

it makes you husband and wife in Allahs eyes, its when both man and woman officially become halal for each other.
oh wow.

And not one fight?

That's amazing: )

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 09:49 PM
oh wow.

And not one fight?

Yup thats the beauty of Islam I guess :)

Teaches us patience and tolerance amongst others.

Yanal
10-17-2008, 10:04 PM
:w: Do you think we will have enough time to do this?but mashallah great ideas

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
:w: Do you think we will have enough time to do this?but mashallah great ideas
Why not bro?

Where there is a will, there is a way.

When you have somebody who will help you get closer to Allah (swt), help you fulfill and obtain what you need to get there, wouldnt you do anything to keep them happy with you? :)

seeker-of-light
10-17-2008, 10:10 PM
i like those^^i am not married but i will be married so these tips will help me be a good wife:)

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 10:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by seeker-of-light
i like those^^i am not married but i will be married so these tips will help me be a good wife:)
Insha'Allah. May Allah (swt) bless you sis. Ameen :)

Yanal
10-17-2008, 10:16 PM
yes but in 13yrs I will (I am only 13)

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 10:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
yes but in 13yrs I will (I am only 13)
Oh, Aww masha'Allah.

In that case I guess you dont need this thread yet :-[

WassalamuAlaykum

ayan333
10-17-2008, 10:20 PM

Wow..MashALLAH

S_87
10-18-2008, 12:33 PM

And not one fight?

personally, i think a lil fighting is kind of fun.
obviously if its not something too serious...

seeker-of-light
10-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Insha'Allah. May Allah (swt) bless you sis. Ameen :)
thank you^^ may alah (swt) bless you as well:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.