/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Any MR. Bento fans on board?

جوري
10-17-2008, 02:26 AM
What sort of meals do you carry with your Mr. bento (if you have it/and use it)
and does anything about it peeve you?

I like everything except that it doesn't come with a beverage thermos.. just makes lunch incomplete but really can't complain about having a super hot four course meal and saving a good $7 on lunch or more if end up having dindin outside too...

let me know if you have recipes and if anything about it annoys you...

http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-Bent...d_bxgy_k_img_b
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BNDGR
10-17-2008, 05:41 AM
Wow, never saw this before... pretty cool though, I'll have to check it out more!

alcurad
10-17-2008, 05:58 AM
the only downfall IMHO is maybe, too much attention from people? or they'll think it's cool, blimey
found this while surfing , if you decide to go nihhon style, http://www.c4vct.com/kym/bento/recipes.htm
be careful though, it might have bacon:)

جوري
10-17-2008, 06:12 AM
it is relatively unheard of 'me thinkus?'
I am an advocate of making your own lunch at home, don't care how rich or poor you are, but not so much for financial reasons although it is a major plus in my opinion, but because when you buy lunch outside you will always compromise something.. refined sugar, too much fat, artificial colors, fried foods etc
When you think of what you'll pack, I think you will make wiser choices. also if you have kids you can have a more direct control over what they ingest.

for me personally, I have many gastrointestinal problems and can't eat many of the things offered in cafeterias or restaurants, almost inevitably I end up getting cereal or yogurt -- at least at home I get to add honey and fruits to the yogurt I pack, also since I am lactose intolerant I will be able to pack lactaid pills or bring from home lactaid milk and special yogurt so I am not dying all day from an intestinal tornado.

I know it seems a little over priced but it will pay for itself in exactly 7~8 days...

I don't think it is practical for teenage boys though because of their voracious appetite this is really about portion control.. I think a regular ole brown paper bag will do in their case? ^o)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
10-17-2008, 06:42 AM
heh, maybe carry a paper bag and bento:)

actually,methinks it has a fair amount of space.
never had one personally though,

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2008, 10:26 AM
^ yep thats the ol stuff im use to :D

i dont really ever have dinner outside. i have sandwich, and all i need for that is a bit of cling film and a bag, maybe some foil :)

جوري
10-17-2008, 04:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude™
Lol, this is just the upgraded version of the good old tiffin. :D
Man that looks huge :D.. MR. Bento is relatively benign looking you can even carry it like a regular thermos for beverage alone.. you don't want to stand out just because you brought lunch from home...

I love everything Japanese made :coolious:

جوري
10-17-2008, 04:32 PM
interesting.. it looks sturdy, who makes it?
I might look into getting my sis one, she is always eating out...

Güven
10-17-2008, 04:35 PM
lol bento? :D it does come handy sometimes tho
actually now that im thinking of..... I NEED ONE!

جوري
10-17-2008, 04:40 PM
lol tiffin seems obsolete man..

Anyhow Mr. Bento comes in many difeerent sizes even for kids....
Think I'll get my sis one like mine but a different color..
it is meant for soup/rice/steamed veggies/desert or condiments in the last compartment.. only the bottom two are for hot items.. so it is good for your mother's left overs but not really if you are a sandwitch person.. although some people in some of the posted pix at amazon, do in fact use it for sandwitch, salad, soup and yogurt..

I just really wanted more easy luch recipes lol..

جوري
10-17-2008, 04:42 PM
You can get one from here. :D
rofl.. yeah I'll get my sis a second quality tiffin :-[.. supplies are low, all the chicken tendori people out there have bought the best ones ^o)

Güven
10-17-2008, 05:43 PM
You can get one from here. :D
LOL naah that looks dangerous :skeleton:

The one on the first pic looks kwl :D

alcurad
10-18-2008, 05:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
the chicken tendori people out there
stop the invasion of the CHICKEN PEOPLE..:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-18-2008, 07:48 PM
Old tiffin tins were soo in back in the days, when the factories used to at peak. If you watch some of those old indian movies you'll see them used in them aswell lol.

Tiffin Tin > Mr Bento

alcurad
10-18-2008, 08:19 PM
hehe, why is everyone calling Mr.?

جوري
10-18-2008, 08:34 PM
because he is MR. Bento
from the family of Mr. Zojirushi :D
long line of relatives...
really needs a vaccum cup for coffee or a place for a soda meh ^o)
can't have it all :-\

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.