/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ghusl

markq
10-17-2008, 10:07 AM
when doing ghusl, sometimes i forget if i washed the right side of the body 3 or 4 times and continue to wash the left side thrice. should i redo my ghusl or not? what is the exact procedure for ghusl?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
doorster
10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamen...bed/pp1_8.html

PROCEDURES OF GHUSL

Al-Ghusl is achieved by two things: Niyyah, intention, and a complete bath. However, the Sunnah recommends the following sequence:

1. Bring Niyyah into the heart.
  2. Wash the hands three times.
  3. Wash the private parts once.
  4. Perform Wuduu, except that one may delay washing the feet until the Ghusl is complete.
  5. Wash the head three times; one should be sure that the water reaches the scalp.
  6. Pour water on the whole body, beginning with the right side, then the left side.

The Ghusl of a Muslim sister is the same as that of a Muslim brother. Ummu Salmah reported that a sister asked the Prophet: Messenger of Allah, I am a woman who has closely plaited hair on my head, should I unplait it before taking a Ghusl because of my Janabah (intimate intercourse) ? The Messenger replied:
"It is enough for you to throw three handfuls of water on your head and then pour water over yourself and you shall be purified." (Muslim/Ahmad)

Woodrow
10-17-2008, 10:39 AM
:sl:

My understanding is it may invalidate your wudu and you would need to redo wudu.

Off course if there is passage of any fluid besides urine I believe ghusl would be required. How to do ghusl:

http://www.beautifulislam.net/worshi..._correctly.htm

Next concern is you should see a doctor. This can be a urinary tract infection, prostate gland problems or any of a dozen medical conditions. Prolonging seeing a doctor can endanger your health

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.