/* */

PDA

View Full Version : ‘When Allah Withholds, He Actually Gives…’

IbnAbdulHakim
10-17-2008, 11:48 AM
‘When Allah Withholds, He Actually Gives…’

Sufyan ath Thawri rahimahullah:

Verily, when Allah withholds, He actually gives, because He did not withhold on account of miserliness or stinginess, but rather He looked at the benefit of the servant.

So the fact that He withheld is actually His choice for the servant and His excellent decision.”

Madarij as-Salikeen 2/215

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 01:07 PM
JazakAllah khayr

Reminds me of the saying, 'May Allah take from you what takes you from Him'

When something is taken or witheld, we rarely realise why...But there is always wisdom behind it. Without a doubt.

WassalamuAlaykum

yasmina_yousef
10-22-2008, 06:10 AM
mashallah...thats so beautiful..im...going through some trouble so i realy needed to read that...i feel better now...thank you for posting it

cute123
10-25-2008, 08:20 AM
jazakallah akhee wonderful reminder. Sometimes we know it but cant put it into words. Its like , just imagine whether He gives or takes , just imagine out of thousands of crores of people He looked towards you , towards your matter. How great is He. Allahuakbar. and how much lucky are you?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Intisar
10-25-2008, 09:28 AM
:sl: MashaaAllaah, beautiful reminder akhee!!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-25-2008, 12:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asma Shaikh
jazakallah akhee wonderful reminder. Sometimes we know it but cant put it into words. Its like , just imagine whether He gives or takes , just imagine out of thousands of crores of people He looked towards you , towards your matter. How great is He. Allahuakbar. and how much lucky are you?
by "He looked towards you" im guessing you mean, "he benefitted you from what he decreed" because im sure Allah is always aware of every action, including hitler and bush.

its just a matter of letting them run their rampage, before taking judgement on yawmal qiyaamah sa7?

MashaaAllaah, beautiful reminder akhee!!
wa alaikum ussalam

jizakAllah khair

SixTen
10-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Yes, "off to work out" eh, work out those fingers.

seeker-of-light
10-25-2008, 03:05 PM
i hope that allah will take the things from me that keep me from him soon, because i have tried to repeatedly myself but have been unable too. ya allah! please give me the strength to remove myself from people and things that keep me from your light.

brotherinfaith
10-25-2008, 03:15 PM
god is never away from us sister but we keep ourselves away from him and if you are true to god and want his guidance god will answer your prayers and guide you to his straight way but the improtant thing is to never lose hope in allah

cute123
10-26-2008, 06:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mz
by "He looked towards you" im guessing you mean, "he benefitted you from what he decreed" because im sure Allah is always aware of every action, including hitler and bush.

its just a matter of letting them run their rampage, before taking judgement on yawmal qiyaamah sa7?

Yes I mean that and I mean more , that He favoured you by lifting up your sins or eased your way out or it could be anything in the same sense. The sense of personal relationship towards HIM

FatimaAsSideqah
10-26-2008, 07:28 PM
As Salaam Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu respectful brother.

Masha'Allah. What a great reminder!

Jazaak'Allah Khair akhi.

AnonyMouse~
03-16-2009, 05:16 PM
Nice Reminder! JazakAllah Khair.

aadil77
03-16-2009, 05:19 PM
what if he witholds as a punishment?

BeTheChange
04-04-2015, 04:54 PM
This is sooo true!!

We think we know but we don't know the outcome of what we think we want. Only Allah swa knows what is best for us and we think is bad for us may be good for us and what we think is good for us may be bad for us. Allah swa knows best!

Signor
04-04-2015, 06:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Re.TiReD
JazakAllah khayr

Reminds me of the saying, 'May Allah take from you what takes you from Him'

When something is taken or witheld, we rarely realise why...But there is always wisdom behind it. Without a doubt.

WassalamuAlaykum
Assalamu Alaikum

It reminds me of:

"But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not.” (2:216)

~ Sabr ~
05-20-2016, 12:15 PM
:jz:

nadinesauriol
05-20-2016, 12:47 PM
Hello

At the point when Allah withholds, He really gives, since He didn't withhold by virtue of niggardliness or miserliness, yet rather He took a gander at the event of the servant.So the way that He withheld is really His decision for the hireling and His amazing choice."

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.