/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam to all

Adiva
10-17-2008, 07:31 PM
Salaam to all,

This is the first time I'm using a forum does take a bit of getting used to. I'm not new to Islam i have to say that i feel privileged to have been born into this faith. When a person gets lost in life..which i have done in the past they turn to their faith to guide the..Alhamdu lillah, Ive always tried to be a good Muslimah but I have slipped a few times..my guidance took me on a journey to Makkah and Madina where I found peace and solitude.

I have to say that when I came back..showing my hair now feels strange and not right..I feel proud of who I am and have a thirst to learn more about my faith. I have family who are non Muslims and my interest has grown in comparative religious studies to understand the faiths of all and find similarities and answer questions that are thrown at me.

I'm hoping that the brothers and sisters here can help me. Insha Allah, I am here to give advise and encouragement to those who may need it too.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
10-17-2008, 07:40 PM
:sl:

And welcome to the forum. You will find we all try to mutually help each other and at the same time keep from going to deep, that is beyond the comprehension of some newer Muslims or non-Muslims.

Learn what you can, Teach what you can and share what you can.

Sahabiyaat
10-17-2008, 07:43 PM
salam honey!!! :D

you are now a good girl so welcome!

Re.TiReD
10-17-2008, 10:02 PM
:wasalamex

Welcome sis :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Adiva
10-17-2008, 11:13 PM
jazakallah for all the welcome messages..feel at home here. I know what you mean by going to deep..since i got back from Umrah i feel like ive been doing that..but i am very level headed about what i read..as there are things out there that are purely fabricated.. thank u all

muslim1
10-17-2008, 11:35 PM
Welcome Sis. Enjoy being with your big yet close family. :statisfie

rose17
10-18-2008, 08:26 PM
welcome to the forum sister

Adiva
10-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Salaam to all, havnt been around for a few days..nice to c some more replies.Thank u Rose17 and muslim1. I was wonderin if any1 could tell me how i can put a logo on...am not a comp geek..im thinkin i may need some more credibility or something..thank u

Mikayeel
10-22-2008, 05:22 PM

Welcome to the forum, and to the LI family. You need to become a full member, you need 50 posts to become one though :)

MO783
10-22-2008, 06:01 PM

And Welcome, hope you enjoy your time and gain some goodness Inshallah

Salam

kwolney01
10-22-2008, 07:23 PM
Welcome to the forum sister!!

That's great how you changed your whole perspective on life. I love hearing stories like that, I'm a recent revert so I know how it feels to change your whole life. I wish you the best sister and enjoy the forum!!!

Salaams

Adiva
10-22-2008, 07:24 PM
Thank u...

Patience7
10-22-2008, 08:31 PM

[S]welcome[/S] to LI sister :)

:w:

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:13 PM
I used to be scared of reading things about islam..for fear of god knows what..but i always knew that a trip to Makkah and medina would help me..and that it did..

Hamayun
10-22-2008, 09:24 PM
Welcome Sister,

I hope you find your stay here beneficial. :)

seeker-of-light
10-22-2008, 09:27 PM
salaam!! welcome^^i joined this website about a couple of weeks ago or so i wasnt a muslim then. but since then i have learned so much about the islam religion and so i decided to convert:) i want to take a hajj to mecca and medina someday too but right now i am only 15 and my parents are non-muslims soooo...but i am so happy we have a new member here and hope you have fun^^feel free to ask me any questions you have (and i will probably ask you just as many haha)

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:38 PM

Well i do look foward to reading about what people have to say and learning something new everday...this has got to be a great forum..Ive started a thread called hadeeth of the day..where i'l be doing my bit.. hope its helpful:D

Adiva
10-22-2008, 09:43 PM
seeker of light...wow..it must be so hard for you.But amazing that at such a young age you have chosen to change your religion..alhamdulliah..I have non muslims in the family too. Its hard to talk to them about islam without them gettin defensive... allah guides who he wants to i know that now..i just pray for them

Adiva
10-24-2008, 05:35 PM
Just want to say thank you to all the brothers and sisters for making me feel so welcome...dont feel as new anymore:)

Truely is like a family..global..there were times i would sit in an empty house and surf the net..keep busy..but now i make sure that im here..learning new things everyday and giving a little back

jazakallah

Nájlá
10-24-2008, 05:39 PM
er i havent welcomed u yet :p

welcome sis

enjoy......

Adiva
11-02-2008, 01:37 PM

Hey sis Najla..thanks for the welcome..kinda feeling old now..lol.. Love ur message about change..i believe the same..u shouldnt spend your life changing others..u gotta start with yourself first..then the ball..insha allah starts to roll

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.