/* */

PDA

View Full Version : LittleBigPlanet

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 01:50 AM
Dear Muslims,

Please stop ****ing moaning about ever tedious little thing that seems to offend you and just let games get released on time.

Yours,

Chris

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:06 AM
In case you are wondering what my post was referring to:
HTML Code:
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=262215

alcurad
10-18-2008, 02:11 AM
????

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:13 AM
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/42...ecall-Detailed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
alcurad
10-18-2008, 02:14 AM
the site says the company pulled it back, nothing to do with
format_quote Originally Posted by stickmartin
****ing moaning

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by alcurad
the site says the company pulled it back, nothing to do with
It was pulled because of this post:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/...hread.id=23576

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-18-2008, 02:19 AM
:sl:

Respect to the brother that complained about it. It goes to show, a little speaking out can go a long way. And good job to Sony for taking it into consideration and taking action. :thumbs_up

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abu Sayyad
:sl:

Respect to the brother that complained about it. It goes to show, a little speaking out can go a long way. And good job to Sony for taking it into consideration and taking action.
Does it not seem a little petty to you?

The 2 statements are merely facts which are in the Quran:

1) Every soul must taste death. TRUE
2) Everything on earth will perish. TRUE (Scientific fact).

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-18-2008, 02:26 AM
Does it not seem a little petty to you?

The 2 statements are merely facts which are in the Quran:

1) Every soul must taste death. TRUE
2) Everything on earth will perish. TRUE (Scientific fact).
Please do not quote to me arguments from that thread on the PlayStation forums. I can read it over there well enough myself.

I don't find it petty. I believe anyone that feels offended has the right to speak out about it, which is what the thread starter there did. Sony and company producing the game decided to take the correct decision and solve the issue. I don't care whether it was a Muslim that was offended or a Christian or anyone else. If an individual feels offended, he has the right complain about it and be heard. It just so happened that it was a Muslim this time. So good job to Sony and Media Molecule for being considerate of their customers and taking the proper action to rectify the issue instead of escalating it.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:30 AM
A lot of things on this planet offend and upset me and ALL of them are more important than a snipet of audio in a game. I just do not understand why something so minor should cause offence and spoil the fun of thousands of people. Maybe you can explain this to me?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-18-2008, 02:34 AM
A lot of things on this planet offend and upset me and ALL of them are more important than a snipet of audio in a game. I just do not understand why something so minor should cause offence and spoil the fun of thousands of people. Maybe you can explain this to me?
Because, Muslims very firmly believe that our scripture should not be mixed with music or be in any way dishonored. It is a cause of offense because we take our religion seriously.

Sony and Media Molecule didn't think the concern was minor. I believe your question about why the game should was delayed should be directed to them, not me.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:41 AM
Because, Muslims very firmly believe that our scripture should not be mixed with music or be in any way dishonored. It is a cause of offense because we take our religion seriously.

Sony and Media Molecule didn't think the concern was minor. I believe your question about why the game should was delayed should be directed to them, not me.
I know why the game has been delayed but I have emailed Sony and MM. I'm sorry if my tone sounded angry but I just find this whole thing to be absurd.

Folk should lighten up a bit (and religious zealots of all faiths seem to be the worst culprits).

It is just a GAME after all.

TrueStranger
10-18-2008, 02:49 AM
The Quran isn't meant to entertain you.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by TrueStranger
The Quran isn't meant to entertain you.
Games are though

Ibn Abi Ahmed
10-18-2008, 02:53 AM
I know why the game has been delayed but I have emailed Sony and MM. I'm sorry if my tone sounded angry but I just find this whole thing to be absurd.

Folk should lighten up a bit (and religious zealots of all faiths seem to be the worst culprits).

It is just a GAME after all.
It's ok. :) The least I can say is, I'm sorry your game has been delayed.

But at the same time, I hope that you, by coming to this forum, now understand that Muslims are serious about their religion. The issue isn't about how big or small the issue is - it'll still be offensive to us when an aspect of our religion is not given respect. One doesn't need to be a 'zealot' to be offended if something that he believes isn't shown proper respect. Perhaps you can agree that Christians in particular have become desensitized to their religion - so we find Jesus (peace be upon him) to be the punchline of jokes and his character mocked by Christians themselves - and there aren't many people out there that care. So if someone were to use a Bible verse in a song, it probably won't cause a delay in a game. However, we are sensitive about our religion and we do care about it.

Maybe you can further your understanding about why we take our religion seriously by reading different sections in this forum and taking the time to participate in discussions? We'll be glad to answer any questions you might have about Islaam. :)

TrueStranger
10-18-2008, 02:54 AM
Games are though
Keep your game and leave the Quran alone then.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 02:59 AM
Keep your game and leave the Quran alone then.
The cause of my upset is that the game has been delayed due to a few seconds of supposedly 'offensive' audio. I have no interest in the Quran (and I honestly don't mean that disrespectfully).

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 03:00 AM
It's ok. :) The least I can say is, I'm sorry your game has been delayed.
I'm just a moaner. All the best Sir :)

TrueStranger
10-18-2008, 03:08 AM
The cause of my upset is that the game has been delayed due to a few seconds of supposedly 'offensive' audio. I have no interest in the Quran (and I honestly don't mean that disrespectfully).
You should be upset with the creators of the game. Your 'game' is delayed because of their ignorance.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 03:16 AM
You should be upset with the creators of the game. Your 'game' is delayed because of their ignorance.
Would you have been genuinely upset had the game been released in it's original form? Perhaps the developers were ignorant but i suspect they just chose the tune because it sounded nice - hardly the end of the world is it?

TrueStranger
10-18-2008, 03:27 AM
Would you have been genuinely upset had the game been released in it's original form? Perhaps the developers were ignorant but i suspect they just chose the tune because it sounded nice - hardly the end of the world is it?
I would find it to be quite disrespectful and would have certainly aimed to have the Quranic verses removed from the game.

You see everything starts with a small step. First you put some Quranic verses in your games, next in your music videos and your excuse will be it "sounds nice"

yes, it is the end of the world. :enough!:

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 03:28 AM
I would find it to be quite disrespectful and would have certainly aimed to have the Quranic verses removed from the game.

You see everything starts with a small step. First you put some Quranic verses in your games, next in your music videos and your excuse will be it "sounds nice"

yes, it is the end of the world. :enough!:
It sounds like quite a pleasant tune to me:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cepFETeDM

Woodrow
10-18-2008, 03:31 AM
To be honest if you had not posted this thread I never would have even heard of the game. I am a bit old to be messing with games and fairly well isolated as I spend a very good part of my time on the Sioux reservations in South Dakota.

When people mention game I think in terms of Elk, Moose, antelope and bison. All of which I protest the sport hunting of.

However, now that you brought it up, I feel Sony did a good job at addressing it. It would not matter if it was offensive to Christians, Jews or Muslim. The fact is Sony showed respect and compassion in handling it.

TrueStranger
10-18-2008, 03:33 AM
It sounds like quite a pleasant tune to me:
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=N5cepFETeDM
I am tempted to listen but not interested.

Music and Quran don't mix.

stickmartin
10-18-2008, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I spend a very good part of my time on the Sioux reservations in South Dakota.
That sounds wonderful. I am sooooo envious.

Woodrow
10-18-2008, 03:53 AM
That sounds wonderful. I am sooooo envious.
Not really much to be envious. although the scenery and people are wonderful, it is a harsh unforgiving land. You can watch the temperature changes in my signature. I am now on the road between Evansville, MN and Faith SD. I will be passing through the Cheyenne Reservation all night. 200 plus miles with only 3 small towns and no open stores or gas stations at night. Not a pleasant thought of having car troubles.

Now to return to the topic on hand. No matter what you think, Sony's decision was not the result of any world wide Muslim protest. Although I think Sony made the right choice, it was because of their sensitivity and sense of fair play. For that I applaud them and would do so no matter what religion could have been offended by an error in judgment on their part. I find it amasing they acted on the basis of one persons report on an obscure forum.

Yanal
10-18-2008, 04:15 AM
Br Woodrow can you fill me in whhat this thread is about?

Yanal
10-18-2008, 04:17 AM
1000 Post Bump:bump:

Woodrow
10-18-2008, 04:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
Br Woodrow can you fill me in whhat this thread is about?
Sony announced a new computer game.

The game contained a song.

the song lyrics were in Arabic and contained ayyats from the Qur'an.

A young person discovered that and protested it on a forum.

Sony became aware of the post and delayed releasing the game until after the song was removed.

Yanal
10-18-2008, 04:44 AM
So why is this guy angry so much .Patience is good

Woodrow
10-18-2008, 04:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamic Bro
So why is this guy angry so much .Patience is good
He is not Muslim and was upset that the game he wanted was delayed on the basis of a complaint by a Muslim. He saw no harm in the song and did not understand that us Muslims would find it to be offensive.

alcurad
10-18-2008, 05:25 AM
the game seems cool though:), I can understand his frustration...
btw the song is in Malian, he used the verses in Arabic.

DAWUD_adnan
10-18-2008, 05:58 AM
Bitter tears of GAF kept me up all night.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!