/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone any good with marketing

chances
10-18-2008, 12:34 PM
Asalam Alikum,

Is there anyone who has experience in marketing, we are looking for someone to give some hints and tips on marketing our new magazine.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zahida
10-18-2008, 12:49 PM
:sl: What kind of magazine, and what market are you looking at is it for teens young adults........... Who is audience?:w:

chances
10-18-2008, 01:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zahida
:sl: What kind of magazine, and what market are you looking at is it for teens young adults........... Who is audience?:w:

Its a Islamic Magazine aimed at all ages.

Zahida
10-18-2008, 01:04 PM
:sl: Are you published yet??? If not i can send you details and we have a contract with Awakenings...... (Sami Yusuf) they might be interested....:w:
format_quote Originally Posted by chances
Its a Islamic Magazine aimed at all ages.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chances
10-18-2008, 01:21 PM
:sl: Are you published yet??? If not i can send you details and we have a contract with Awakenings...... (Sami Yusuf) they might be interested....:w:
No we are not published yet...

Zahida
10-18-2008, 01:29 PM
You need to find a publisher first! Then your next step is marketing. Wait untill Monday i will get you details about Awakenings and then contact them and see if they can help you. I will send you a private message so watch out for it. Good Luck!

chances
10-19-2008, 12:35 PM
Any tips and hints will be appreciated

chacha_jalebi
10-19-2008, 01:00 PM
i loveee marketin, not the writin up, just the practical stuff oooo yeaah :D

wel you need to 1st

get out the suit and boots and a polyester tie lol, get yourself in that business feelin :D even if your sittin at home

2 - because its a islamic magazine, aimed @ all, market it at the upcomin events i.e gpu, any mosque annual days, and you have posters, of a mosque, or summin, and a picture of all families members like kiddies, parents, oldys, to connote, its for all to view!

btw you can give me money to draw posters but can i keep the change :embarrass naa lol, just get some advertisin sorted innit, aim at your target audience, throw in a bit of tv ads, radio, advertise in masjids, hand out free editions or buy one get one free thing for a limited time!

get a popular celeb to endorse it lol, like a muslim one, i would say go big and go high, someone who is well known and advertise them readin your mag, if you dont find anyone im willin to do it :p

3 - have a slogan, like somethin which you are known for

4 - make a pitch, so you get sponsers like pitch your product to your sponsers, collaborate with famous muslim organisations, that will add prestige and stuff to your brand

5 - sponser events and stuff, get yourself out there in the market! :D

chances
10-19-2008, 01:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
i loveee marketin, not the writin up, just the practical stuff oooo yeaah :D

wel you need to 1st

get out the suit and boots and a polyester tie lol, get yourself in that business feelin :D even if your sittin at home

2 - because its a islamic magazine, aimed @ all, market it at the upcomin events i.e gpu, any mosque annual days, and you have posters, of a mosque, or summin, and a picture of all families members like kiddies, parents, oldys, to connote, its for all to view!

btw you can give me money to draw posters but can i keep the change :embarrass naa lol, just get some advertisin sorted innit, aim at your target audience, throw in a bit of tv ads, radio, advertise in masjids, hand out free editions or buy one get one free thing for a limited time!

get a popular celeb to endorse it lol, like a muslim one, i would say go big and go high, someone who is well known and advertise them readin your mag, if you dont find anyone im willin to do it :p

3 - have a slogan, like somethin which you are known for

4 - make a pitch, so you get sponsers like pitch your product to your sponsers, collaborate with famous muslim organisations, that will add prestige and stuff to your brand

5 - sponser events and stuff, get yourself out there in the market! :D

Jazak Allah.. I think I have someone in mind for the cleb

Zahida
10-19-2008, 03:44 PM
:sl: I was also thinking about you guys and thought that maybe you coul contact some of these TV channels eg. Islam Channel, QTV etc etc many of them have Islamic shows and show contact details at the end........might be worth a try?

Can i ask do you have the magazine articles, etc all planned out? Exactly how far are you with the mag, cos you can't market anything without a product..........:w::bump1:

chances
10-19-2008, 04:43 PM
:sl: I was also thinking about you guys and thought that maybe you coul contact some of these TV channels eg. Islam Channel, QTV etc etc many of them have Islamic shows and show contact details at the end........might be worth a try?

Can i ask do you have the magazine articles, etc all planned out? Exactly how far are you with the mag, cos you can't market anything without a product..........:w::bump1:
We know what the contents of the 1st issue will be we just need to sort the graphic and layout out... which is on hold as our graphics sis has gone to Pakistan.

Once the cover of the 1st issue is done we will create some a rates card for the advertisers and then start to approach advertisers.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.