/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you attempt to do...

Re.TiReD
10-18-2008, 10:06 PM

Just curious....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Güven
10-18-2008, 10:10 PM
it sounds interesting uhmm but what do you mean by that ??
do you mean like you have a chance to do something and it will 100% succeed??

Re.TiReD
10-18-2008, 10:11 PM
Yeah ^^

There's a reason I'm asking btw :)

IbnAbdulHakim
10-18-2008, 10:47 PM
rescue every oppressed muslim and then die shaheed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sahabiyaat
10-19-2008, 10:16 AM
save the world ^ but they gotta make a costume for me, Super Sahabiyaat :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
10-19-2008, 10:39 AM
United the Muslims..

Re.TiReD
10-19-2008, 11:36 AM
Nice....I forgot the whole reason I made the thread now :-[

But I was just wondering what I would do and I found it interesting, Because if you knew you could not fail, how many people would pray constantly for Jannah without doing anything to get there?

SubhanAllah it doesnt quite work that way huh, so by doing something and knowing for a fact that you wasnt going to fail, you'd have to put in the effort too.

highway_trekker
10-19-2008, 12:31 PM
Don't we try anyway...even if we were to fail?

Re.TiReD
10-19-2008, 12:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by highway_trekker
Don't we try anyway...even if we were to fail?
Yeah thats true. But if we knew we were not going to fail then would we still try? Meaning isnt the question in itself a flawed one? Who would bother trying if they knew they wouldnt fail in achieving what they wanted? Would you still give it your 100%....lol I was just thinking :-[

highway_trekker
10-19-2008, 12:38 PM
I guess in an ideal world we would take from the lesson which Allaah's Messenger sallaahu alayhi wassalam left us with... he was guaranteed Jannah but that did not stop him from standing in night prayer so much so that his feet would swell with the standing...subhana'Allaah...

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 09:07 AM
:sl:
Just curious....
seek revenge on every kaafir that has hurt/humiliated/widowed/raped every muslim...
then i would get (whether they like it or not) the same animals to fix/rebuild/restore every piece of land, (with their money etc) they have stolen/destroyed from the Muslims, and force them to work for Islam. force them to work for the very thing they tried to extinguish...you know rub it their faces nice and good! yay!:D for eg i would get them to build masaajid (mosque), islamic schools, etc etc...serves them right i say! :D

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 09:14 AM
^ Revenge, huh. Is it really as good as you think it is? How will it benefit your Emaan, your attempts to enter Jannah and complete your Muslim character? Our revenge we'll get in the End Times, by the most Just.

If I could do something, knowingly I wouldn't fail? Ask for Jannah. :D

If not, I'd become an recluse and give my whole life only to thinking, prayin', findin' peace at heart and soul and findin' wisdom. And I would succeed with it 100%. Yay!

Hafswa
10-23-2008, 09:47 AM
I think the question should actually be "what would happen if all we did would never fail? "^o)
Human beings are so ambitious in nature and this power would shutter alot of balance between so many things as we persive .
Eventually how will we measure our effort to get to Jannah or even for any achievement since all our attempts are successes already?

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 09:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
^ Revenge, huh.
yep :D cos revenge IS sweet...

Our revenge we'll get in the End Times, by the most Just.
couldn't agree with you more...but i don't see why i cant do something about it if i have the ability to

How will it benefit your Emaan, your attempts to enter Jannah and complete your Muslim character?
how wouldn't it? im not saying it it will or not...

i don't like seeing my brothers and sisters being tortured, etc and have the ability to do something, but not use it.
\

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 10:01 AM
Wantin' revenge ... It roots deeper than just eliminating the factors that cause you pain.

I personally wish I could just say "Poff" and the bad people are away, forever. But bad and evil, it's something that develops... And then, goodness can come from the one wo was evil from beginning on. It's all so complicated.

Your Emaan and Islamic character, how it would affect? Can you kill, with your own hands, get the blood all over you? Be the reason someone is without parents, or with the ones they love? Is there peace in your heart, when you run and crave for blood to be shed, torture yourself the way they were tortured? Will it make them come back, or just make you feel better? Is it done for you, or them? What I wanna say is, it's all very complicated, when you kill someone, the reasons and the later regrets or not... I personally, would find all this very hard, although at first hand, it would seem easy. I can see where you're comin' from, very very well. But I leaned on that side when I was younger, I believe I have matured more and now that's why I am saying all this, 'cause there's so much more to it.

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 10:07 AM
I think it's cold to say that if you was given a chance to do something and not fail, you'd use it for something as bloody as revenge....I really dont see why you'd use such a beautiful chance on that. Why dont you rephrase that and say you'd save and provide for all our imprisoned brother and sisters, our tortured brothers and sisters and all of them in Falasteenn Chechnya, Bosnia etc etc

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 10:10 AM

Your Emaan and Islamic character, how it would affect? Can you kill, with your own hands, get the blood all over you? Be the reason someone is without parents, or with the ones they love? Is there peace in your heart, when you run and crave for blood to be shed, torture yourself the way they were tortured? Will it make them come back, or just make you feel better? Is it done for you, or them? What I wanna say is, it's all very complicated, when you kill someone, the reasons and the later regrets or not... I personally, would find all this very hard, although at first hand, it would seem easy. I can see where you're comin' from, very very well. But I leaned on that side when I was younger, I believe I have matured more and now that's why I am saying all this, 'cause there's so much more to it.
ermm.... i didnt mention anything about killing...it didn't even cross my mind at ALL. revenge.. i meant use them as my tools to rebuild the ummah...i mean since they hate islam so much..rub it in their faces...nothing about shedding blood :-\

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 10:13 AM
I know, but just incase, for I thought it was just one way to make revenge! Sorry for makin' it seem as you said it!

And by the way, would you really wanna give the blessings of buildin' a mosque to a non-Muslim? Haha. Why not pray in the place which was build through love, understanding and faith!

IbnAbdulHakim
10-23-2008, 10:27 AM
^ only coz i cant say stuff like that on a public forum

and plz plz plz tell me your not a pacifist, i aint some sadistic sicko who loves killing but i learn lessons from history and from islamic teachings. I mean guess what Mahdi and Isa alaihiwasallaam will do, fight wars to establish peace! during those wars you know whats gnna happen....

basically what i was pointing out at...

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 10:33 AM
But that is a war, different from revenge. I was discussin' revenge.

And even durin' a war, some bloodsheds are dirtier than others, for yes, I find all bloodsheds dirty. And yes, I tend to lean on the pacifist side sometimes, depends.

I do think, when the Madhi comes, inshaAllah, and Isa, they'll know how to fight as just as it can get. Not like today's mixed up humans, sadly.I do not see you as a sadistic sicko, brother, I see you to be very human.

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 10:46 AM
Ok, I guess it is normal for you to feel that way now I think about it.

I was just imagining seeing the ones who killed the father and son in Palestine, you know in that famous pic where they're cowering by the side of the road? Father with son in his arms...If I was to see them just once and know that I could not fail... Wallahu A'lam.

WassalamuAlaykum

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 10:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara
I know, but just incase, for I thought it was just one way to make revenge! Sorry for makin' it seem as you said it!
nah no probs :)

And by the way, would you really wanna give the blessings of buildin' a mosque to a non-Muslim?
ahhh...good qn.

Why not pray in the place which was build through love, understanding and faith!
well, because revenge is sweet :p ;D
yes, i would want the kaafir too, because he would be dong something he hated...helping the Muslims...as i said, rub it in his face nice and good *chuckles evilly* :D

I was just imagining seeing the ones who killed the father and son in Palestine, you know in that famous pic where they're cowering by the side of the road? Father with son in his arms...
yeah, dont even remind me :(

.If I was to see them just once and know that I could not fail...
but pls be a dear and explain that...cos im half asleep and didnt get it lol :hiding:

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 10:58 AM
but pls be a dear and explain that...cos im half asleep and didnt get it lol :hiding:
Put it this way, I dont think I'd be the nicest fish I could be. I'd want to exact revenge, but in Allah's court would probably be the best way though. Thats what I feel anyway. Call me a pacifist if you like :)

Ummu Sufyaan
10-23-2008, 11:09 AM
I'd want to exact revenge, but in Allah's court would probably be the best way though.
oh yeah, i agree...but i also couldn't JUST leave it to allah, because they're gna do it again and again...i mean leaving it to allah is no doubt an important thing, but at the same time you have to do something too because they will just continue the massacing and if noone says anything they wont back off...and our brothers and sisters would fall one by one...and the blood shed of one kaafir (if were talking about revenge in the sense of blood shed) who is gna shed the blood of a Muslim...is better then the blood shed of even one Muslim :cry:

now im gna be labeled as an extremist lol :D

Hafswa
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Aren't we moving away from the original question and debating on revenge now?

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I mean we have to remem the quote in the first post I guess.

Because right at this moment in time, there's only so much I can do...And I do that Alhamdulillah and will continue to do so Bi'ithnillah. The only thing I cant see atm, is me stooping to the same level as the ones who murder without a second thought. But then I see the images of our brothers and sisters Bulldozed to death, I read the story of our sister who was raped in Abu Ghraib prison, I hear a plane and wonder if it could be a rendition flight taking another brother of mine to Guantanamo...

SubhanAllah, if I could do something without failing I'd shut that hell-hole down and recompense the brothers somehow and bring a bitta right to this world full of wrongs and injustice. Blah!

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 11:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ramlah
and the blood shed of one kaafir (if were talking about revenge in the sense of blood shed) who is gna shed the blood of a Muslim...is better then the blood shed of even one Muslim :cry:
Correct: kaafir who has killed, done bad... Even Muslims who have killed just to kill, innocent ones etc. There are many non-Muslims (and Muslims), but they all haven't killed or hurt or raped or whatever someone.

now im gna be labeled as an extremist lol :D
Oh who cares, everything I've been labelled, from bad Muslim to Sufi to pacifist to nut-case. Huhu.

AND ... On-topic from now on. ;) Hehe, all my fault, I'm really sorry to startin' a discussion that is off-topic.

Hafswa
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
SubhanAllah, if I could do something without failing I'd shut that hell-hole down and recompense the brothers somehow and bring a bitta right to this world full of wrongs and injustice. Blah!
Now this is imore like it...... :thumbs_up
I would also demonstrate that there are still some of us who's nafs is geared to make a difference.

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hafswa
Now this is imore like it...... :thumbs_up
I would also demonstrate that there are still some of us who's nafs is geared to make a difference.
Thanks sis.

Its true that there are some who want to make a difference, may Allah (swt) aid them to aid His slaves. Ameen!

Brother_Mujahid
10-23-2008, 11:39 AM
Don't try, never fail

format_quote Originally Posted by JolieFleur
Nice....I forgot the whole reason I made the thread now :-[
you have too much free time.

your sigs annoying.

Al-Zaara
10-23-2008, 12:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Brother_Mujahid
Don't try, never fail
What a stupid comment!

fatima_01
10-23-2008, 05:14 PM
go skydiving lool ye defo cuz if i was to fail then..........splat:p

Güven
10-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Don't try, never fail

your sigs annoying.
always try, always hope :)

and your sig annoys me too :p
:w:

Ansariyah
10-23-2008, 06:03 PM
well the truth is that we will fail. It's a human trait:p:

Allah created us to fail n make mistakes, so we can repent.:sunny:..right?

afzalaung
10-23-2008, 06:39 PM
...start a new world order...in accordance to the Noble Teachings

truemuslim
10-23-2008, 06:44 PM
kill someone nd not go to jail.
or rebuild the twin towers nd pimp em out with the outside full of islamic graffiti, then jump off one of them nd survive.
become immune to americans :)

ok seriously if i could ..............hmm

bring peace, to muslims nd all, turn everyone muslim, go to jannah, become president of the usa without getting shot, run a mile 10 minutes faster than i already do (15minutes) ... ok i have too many things

Re.TiReD
10-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Hey as long as my threads provoke thought I'm happy :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.