/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions on Hadith

questionner
10-19-2008, 05:08 PM
I would like to see if there are any muslims here who can help me with come of these Quranic verses and hadiths. The fact that Muhammed and his companions were allowed to rape women in front of their husbands, seems to me, a tad bit unislamic.

Verse on men who were away at war and who were allowed to rape the girls that they captured--
4:24 “Also (forbidden are) women already married, except those (captives and slaves) whom your right hands possess. Thus has Allah ordained for you. All others are lawful, provided you seek (them in marriage) with Mahr (bridal money given by the husband to his wife at the time of marriage) from your property, desiring chastity, not committing illegal sexual intercourse, so with those of whom you have enjoyed sexual relations, give them their Mahr as prescribed; but if after a Mahr is prescribed, you agree mutually (to give more), there is no sin on you. Surely, Allah is Ever All-Knowing, All-Wise.”

Here are the hadiths explaining this verse-

Sunan Abu Dawud, Book V, Chapter 711, Number 2150-
"Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, send down the Qur'anic verse: "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hand possess."

Sahih Muslim Book 8 Number 3371-
"Abu Sirma said to Abu Sa'id al Khadri (Allah he pleased with him): 0 Abu Sa'id, did you hear Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) mentioning al-'azl? He said: Yes, and added: We went out with Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) on the expedition to the Bi'l-Mustaliq and took captive some excellent Arab women; and we desired them, for we were suffering from the absence of our wives, (but at the same time) we also desired ransom for them. So we decided to have sexual intercourse with them but by observing 'azl (Withdrawing the male sexual organ before emission of semen to avoid conception). But we said: We are doing an act whereas Allah's Messenger is amongst us; why not ask him? So we asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him), and he said: It does not matter if you do not do it, for every soul that is to be born up to the Day of Resurrection will be born."

The story of this hadith is that the frustrated soldiers desired the Arab captives but feared pregnancy as they didn't want to risk the ransom that would be acquired upon returning these captives to their husbands afterwards.

Sahih Muslim Book 8 Number 3373-
"Abu Sa'id al-Khudri (Allah be pleased with him) reported: We took women captives, and we wanted to do 'azl with them. We then asked Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) about it, and he said to us: Verily you do it, verily you do it, verily you do it, but the soul which has to be born until the Day of judgment must be born."

Another question I'd like to raise is this, hadiths based on embryology are inconsistent with the findings of modern science. Mohamed said the angel Gabriel had taught him that a baby is created from the mixture of sperm and vaginal fluid and that the sex of the baby is determined by whether the male or female is the first to reach orgasm-
Bukhari 4:546
Narrated Anas:

When 'Abdullah bin Salam heard the arrival of the Prophet at Medina, he came to him and said, "I am going to ask you about three things which nobody knows except a prophet: What is the first portent of the Hour? What will be the first meal taken by the people of Paradise? Why does a child resemble its father, and why does it resemble its maternal uncle" Allah's Apostle said, "Gabriel has just now told me of their answers." 'Abdullah said, "He (i.e. Gabriel), from amongst all the angels, is the enemy of the Jews." Allah's Apostle said, "The first portent of the Hour will be a fire that will bring together the people from the east to the west; the first meal of the people of Paradise will be Extra-lobe (caudate lobe) of fish-liver. As for the resemblance of the child to its parents: If a man has sexual intercourse with his wife and gets discharge first, the child will resemble the father, and if the woman gets discharge first, the child will resemble her." On that 'Abdullah bin Salam said, "I testify that you are the Apostle of Allah." 'Abdullah bin Salam further said, "O Allah's Apostle! The Jews are liars, and if they should come to know about my conversion to Islam before you ask them (about me), they would tell a lie about me." The Jews came to Allah's Apostle and 'Abdullah went inside the house. Allah's Apostle asked (the Jews), "What kind of man is 'Abdullah bin Salam amongst you?" They replied, "He is the most learned person amongst us, and the best amongst us, and the son of the best amongst us." Allah's Apostle said, "What do you think if he embraces Islam (will you do as he does)?" The Jews said, "May Allah save him from it." Then 'Abdullah bin Salam came out in front of them saying, "I testify that None has the right to be worshipped but Allah and that Muhammad is the Apostle of Allah." Thereupon they said, "He is the evilest among us, and the son of the evilest amongst us," and continued talking badly of him.

Sahih al-Bukhari, Volume 8, Book 73, Number 113-
"Narrated Zainab bint Um Salama: Um Sulaim 'O Allah's Apostle! Verily Allah is not shy of (telling you) the truth. Is it essential for a woman to take a bath after she had a wet dream (nocturnal sexual discharges)?' He said, 'Yes, if she notices discharge. On that Um Salama laughed and said, 'Does a woman get a (nocturnal sexual) discharge?' He said, 'How then does (her) son resemble her (his mother)?'"

Sahih Muslim, Book 003, Number 0614
Thauban, the freed slave of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him), said: While I was standing beside the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) one of the rabbis of the Jews came and said: Peace be upon you, O Muhammad. I pushed him back with a push that he was going to fall. Upon this he said: Why do you push me? I said: Why don't you say: O Messenger of Allah? The Jew said: We call him by the name by which he was named by his family. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: My name is Muhammad with which I was named by my family. The Jew said: I have come to ask you (something). The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Should that thing be of any benefit to you, if I tell you that? He (the Jew) said: I will lend my ears to it. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) drew a line with the help of the stick that he had with him and then said: Ask (whatever you like). Thereupon the Jew said: Where would the human beings be on the Day when the earth would change into another earth and the heavens too (would change into other heavens)? The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: They would be in darkness beside the Bridge. He (the Jew) again said: Who amongst people would be the first to cross (this bridge)? He said: They would be the poor amongst the refugees. The Jew said: What would constitute their breakfast when they would enter Paradise? He (the Holy Prophet) replied: A caul of the fish-liver. He (the Jew) said. What would be their food after this? He (the Holy Prophet) said: A bullock which was fed in the different quarters of Paradise would be slaughtered for them. He (the Jew) said: What would be their drink? He (the Holy Prophet) said: They would be given drink from the fountain which is named "Salsabil". He (the Jew) said: I have come to ask you about a thing which no one amongst the people on the earth knows except an apostle or one or two men besides him. He (the Holy Prophet) said: Would it benefit you if I tell you that? He (the Jew) said: I would lend ears to that. He then said: I have come to ask you about the child. He (the Holy Prophet) said: The reproductive substance of man is white and that of woman yellow, and when they have sexual intercourse and the male's substance prevails upon the female's substance, it is the male child that is created by Allah's Decree, and when the substance of the female prevails upon the substance contributed by the male, a female child is formed by the Decree of Allah. The Jew said: What you have said is true; verily you are an Apostle. He then returned and went away. The Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: He asked me about such and such things of which I have had no knowledge till Allah gave me that.

The Quranic verse on embryology gives for stages-
Sura 23:13-14
“Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman). Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (Alaqa, a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh (Mudghah), then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of Creators!”
All the Islamic literature which claims this to be a miraculous revelation such as “a brief illustrated guide to understanding Islam” which you gave me when we first met and I have in my hand now, always give the following timings to the stages to make them correspond to modern understanding-

“The stage of Alaqa starts on the 15th day and ends on the 23rd or 24th day, after which the embryo is gradually developed and looks like a leech,

The embryo is transformed from the stage of alaqa to the beginning of the stage of mudgha on the 24th day to the 26th day, which is a very brief period if compared with the period of the nutfa changing to alaqa.”

But the hadith all say that these stages last 40 days each-

Sahih Bukhari (Volume 4, Book 54, Number 430) writes-
“Allah's Apostle, the true and truly inspired said, "(The matter of the Creation of) a human being is put together in the womb of the mother in forty days, and then he becomes a clot of thick blood for a similar period, and then a piece of flesh for a similar period.”

Sahih Muslim (Book 033, Number 6390) writes-

Abdullah (b. Mas'ud) reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) who is the most truthful (of the human beings) and his being truthful (is a fact) said: Verily your creation is on this wise. The constituents of one of you are collected for forty days in his mother's womb in the form of blood, after which it becomes a clot of blood in another period of forty days. Then it becomes a lump of flesh and forty days later Allah sends His angel to it with instructions concerning four things, so the angel writes down his livelihood, his death, his deeds, his fortune and misfortune”

The four stages themselves are also not an original idea of the Quran, here is an earlier text written by Galen in the year 150 AD which says everything the Quran says on embryology-
Corpus Medicorum Graecorum: Galeni de Semine (Galen: On Semen) (Greek text with English trans. Phillip de Lacy, Akademic Verlag, 1992) section I:9:1-10 pp. 92-95, 101-

“But let us take the account back again to the first conformation of the animal, and in order to make our account orderly and clear, let us divide the creation of the foetus overall into four periods of time. The first is that in which. as is seen both in abortions and in dissection, the form of the semen prevails (Arabic nutfah). At this time, Hippocrates too, the all-marvelous, does not yet call the conformation of the animal a foetus; as we heard just now in the case of semen voided in the sixth day, he still calls it semen. But when it has been filled with blood (Arabic alaqa), and heart, brain and liver are still unarticulated and unshaped yet have by now a certain solidarity and considerable size, this is the second period; the substance of the foetus has the form of flesh and no longer the form of semen. Accordingly you would find that Hippocrates too no longer calls such a form semen but, as was said, foetus. The third period follows on this, when, as was said, it is possible to see the three ruling parts clearly and a kind of outline, a silhouette, as it were, of all the other parts (Arabic mudghah). You will see the conformation of the three ruling parts more clearly, that of the parts of the stomach more dimly, and much more still, that of the limbs. Later on they form "twigs", as Hippocrates expressed it, indicating by the term their similarity to branches. The fourth and final period is at the stage when all the parts in the limbs have been differentiated; and at this part Hippocrates the marvelous no longer calls the foetus an embryo only, but already a child, too when he says that it jerks and moves as an animal now fully formed (Arabic ‘a new creation’) ...... The time has come for nature to articulate the organs precisely and to bring all the parts to completion. Thus it caused flesh to grow on and around all the bones, and at the same time ... it made at the ends of the bones ligaments that bind them to each other, and along their entire length it placed around them on all sides thin membranes, called periosteal, on which it caused flesh to grow”

One more ancient Greek idea that seems to have found its way into the Quran is the idea that sperm are created not in the testicles but in the middle of the back-

The three common translations-

[86:5] So let man consider of what he is created:
[86:6] He was created from ejected liquid.
[86:7] From between the spine and the viscera.

[86:5] So let man consider of what he is created:
[86:6] He is created of water pouring forth,
[86:7] Coming from between the back and the ribs.

[86:5] So let man consider from what he is created
[86:6] He is created from a gushing fluid
[86:7] That issued from between the loins and the ribs

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
questionner
10-19-2008, 05:10 PM
I'll appreciate any input. Thanks

Hamayun
10-19-2008, 05:35 PM
Welcome to LI :)

Are you a missionary or did you just copy that from some Anti-Islamic website?

I am sure these questions have been answered before but I am sure someone will be along to explain soon if need be.

Peace :)

doorster
10-19-2008, 09:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamayun
Welcome to LI :)

Are you a missionary or did you just copy that from some Anti-Islamic website?

I am sure these questions have been answered before but I am sure someone will be along to explain soon if need be.

Peace :)
something very strange is going on here!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Güven
10-19-2008, 09:56 PM
LOL im sure ive read this somewhere....

:w:

questionner
10-19-2008, 10:41 PM
I'm honestly just questionning something I think worth questionning. No need to act as if I'm attacking any one of you. I browsed the website before I posted this, couldn't find anything, but if any one of you can provide me with a link, that would be great.

One other thing, if you're a muslim and you're asked about something to do with your religion, why do you not answer and let someone else do the work? Surely if this is the path you've followed then you should at least be knowledgeable enough to answer a few questions?

Peace

Hamayun
10-19-2008, 11:05 PM
I hope you find your answers.

The reason why I will not reply to any of those questions because I am just a newbie here.

Believe me when I say the questions you are asking have been asked for centuries by Atheists and Christians all over the world... The exact same content you have posted is found on most Anti-Islamic websites.

Be patient and someone with good knowledge will respond.

جوري
10-19-2008, 11:13 PM
I don't think you have browsed the search button {questioner/sunshine} I have skimmed quickly through your post and simply one of the ahadith you've posted is alread discussed here, in fact by my own person

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...tml#post966400

and I am sure if you search some more you'll yield more responses.. try putting in the search engine Ansar 'Al Adl, and it will all be there..

All the best

cheers

جوري
10-19-2008, 11:15 PM
here is another which takes your entire cut and paste and answers it

http://www.load-islam.com/artical_de...sconceptions#2

an excerpt!

Commonly Misquoted Verses and Narrations

By : Ansar Al-'Adl (www.islamicboard.com)

Content

1. Introduction
2. Verse 1: "Fighting is ordained for you..." (2:216)
3. Verse 2: "Not equal are those who sit at home..." (4:95)
4. Verse 3: "Among the believers are men having fulfilled their covenant..." (33:23)
5. Verse 4: "When you meet the infidels, smite their necks..." (47:4)
6. Verse 5: "There is no blame on those who are old..." (9:91)
7. Verse 6: "Slay them wherever you catch them..." (2:191)
8. Verse 7: "But if they turn away, catch and slaughter them..." (4:89)
9. Verse 8: "Fight the pagans wherever you see them..." (9:5)
10. Abrogated?
11. Verse 9: "They ask you about fighting in the holy month..." (2:217-218)
12. Verses 10: "Fight in God's cause..." (2:244) & (4:76)
13. Verse 11: "Fight those who believe not in God..." (9:29)
14. Similar Narration: "I have been ordered to fight..."
15. Verse 12: "Ruthless to the disbelievers..." (5:54) & (48:29)
16. Verses 13: "I will instil terror into the hearts..." (8:12-13)
17. Verse 14: "The punishment for those who wage war..." (5:33)
18. Similar Narration: "A group from the Ukil/Urayna tribe..."
19. Verse 15: "Take not the Jews and Christians as friends..." (5:51)
20. Misquoted Narrations
21. Narration 1: "such a deed as equals Jihad..."
22. Narration 2: "There is no migration now, only Jihad..."
23. Narration 3: "Paradise is under the shade of swords..."
24. Narration 4: "...I am bringing you slaughter!"
25. Narration 5: "I have been made victorious with terror..."
26. Narration 6: "Expel them from the Arabian peninsula..."
27. Narration 7: "Whoever replaces his religion, execute him"
28. Narration 8: "...They are from them"
29. Conclusion

Hope you spend some quality time reading =)

cheers

جوري
10-19-2008, 11:26 PM
more from the same website

an Muslim Men Abuse Their Slave Girls As Sex Objects?

By : Bassam Zawadi

There happens to be a misconception that since Muslims are allowed to have sexual intercourse with their slave girls, that means that they have a right to rape them or use them for sex trade. This is absurd.

To say that a Muslim man has a right to rape his slave girl is like saying that a man has a right to rape his wife. Which is not true. Read this http://www.answering-christianity.co...rital_rape.htm

Rape in Islam is completely forbidden. See (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 38, Number 4366) and this http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=IslamOnline-E
nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1125407868541

Muslim men are not allowed to force their girls into prostitution. Read the follow hadith:

Saheeh Muslim

Book 043, Number 7180:
Jabir reported that 'Abdullah b. Ubayy b. Salul used to say to his slave-girl: Go and fetch something for us by committing prostitution. It was in this connection that Allah, the Exalted and Glorious, revealed this verse:" And compel not your slave-girls to prostitution when they desire to keep chaste in order to seek the frail goods of this world's life, and whoever compels them, then surely after their compulsion Allah is Forgiving, Merciful" (xxiv. 33).

Sunan Abu Dawud

Book 006, Hadith Number 2304.
------------------------------
Chapter : Not known.

Narated By Jabir ibn Abdullah : Musaykah, a slave-girl of some Ansari, came and said: My master forces me to commit fornication. Thereupon the following verse was revealed: "But force not your maids to prostitution (when they desire chastity)."

As for being able to rape the slave girls this is utter nonsense.

First of all the Prophet strongly prohibited the hitting of slaves...

http://www.answering-christianity.co...ale_slaves.htm

http://www.answering-christianity.co...possession.htm

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/notislam....html#HEADING2

http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/S...=IslamOnline-E
nglish-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503547546

Secondly, the Prophet severely condemned those who mistreated those under their authority...

And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Allaah will ask every person in a position of responsibility about that which was entrusted to him, whether he took care of it or was negligent, until He will ask a man about the members of his household.” (Narrated by Ibn Hibbaan, classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Ghaayat al-Maraam, no. 271, cited here)

Saheeh Muslim

Book 001, Number 0261:
Hasan reported: 'Ubaidullah b. Ziyad paid a visit to Ma'qil b. Yasar Muzani in his illness of which he (later on) died. (At this juncture) Ma'qil said: I am going to narrate to you a hadith which I have heard from the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) and which I would not have transmitted if I knew that I would survive. Verily I have heard the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) say: There is none amongst the bondsmen who was entrusted with the affairs of his subjects and he died in such a state that he was dishonest in his dealings with those over whom he ruled that the Paradise is not forbidden for him. (You can see the Arabic version of the hadith here)

So as we can see, there are severe punishments waiting for those who mistreat those under their authority. Obviously, raping one's slave girl would fall under that category. So Islam does not approve of one raping his slave girl.

So please if you want to be given the benefit of the doubt.. try to meet us half way through? It took me exactly 13 seconds to come up with all three posts!

here is a little secret, under load Islam (see above) there is a *search* feature (gasps).. type in a word, and a whole bunch of things come up.. sink back in your chair, put on your reading glasses, a cup of coffee and let it percolate.. I think your 'genuine' concerns have genuine answers...

cheers

Ali_Cena
10-20-2008, 03:45 PM
questionair i dont even know why you wasted your time, becuase dont think that we will belive you when you say i have searched it already. you just copy and pasted it becuase, the effort if took you to find those hadeeths quotes and the time it took you to copy and paste them, would be the same time well with the links skye has given long time. but generally the same time to search and find the answers to.

questionner
10-20-2008, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skye Ephémérine
I don't think you have browsed the search button {questioner/sunshine} I have skimmed quickly through your post and simply one of the ahadith you've posted is alread discussed here, in fact by my own person

http://www.islamicboard.com/refutati...tml#post966400

and I am sure if you search some more you'll yield more responses.. try putting in the search engine Ansar 'Al Adl, and it will all be there..

All the best

cheers

I've had the pleasure of reading your thread front to back, still not sure whether it's answered the question at hand. I feel quite confused to be honest. Will definitely look into the posts you specified. Thank you

جوري
10-20-2008, 11:01 PM
I understand that some of the articles of urology I quoted as well the medical terminology to be over most people's head, you either understand it or you don't. I certainly don't have the time to teach someone science least of which on a public forum
When you pose questions expecting answers technical in nature, don't be discomfited when the replies don't run along the lines of your sphere of knowledge. However, I am sure the site itself load Islam referenced above, has all the answers you seek to your rather large cuts and pastes in a far more concise and vernacular terms.

It is the sort of pastes we see often from anti-Islamic sites, and I say so, only in the way the content is quoted.. an example from every day life:

He grabbed the kid and threw him off the balcony..
seems awful indeed by itself, but perhaps the full scenario would yield a different perspective?

the fireman grabbed the kid and threw him off the balcony to save him from the burning fire, yields a completely different outcome? I am sure you'd agree?

or:

while smiling he stood over the helpless child and pulled and sawed his bone

compared to:
while smiling he stood over the helpless child and pulled and sawed his bone to reduce the fractures and perform internal fixation of distal femur . ...

so you see to the naked eyes, I see additions and subtractions that don't actually belong there, which makes me feel, like your rather large cut and paste belongs on jihad/dawkin/humanist/pipes forums than an Islamic one? unless you were hoping we are all a bunch of country oafs?

The way I see it, you have pinned yourself into a pigeonhole .. the sincerity meter scale is running around a 0-1. and I personally have low tolerance for bullshi*****.. I am not sure what sort of tolerance my fellow Muslims have? So they are welcome to humor this a while longer!

Thus I'd suggest if you had indeed sincere intents to do some active research on the site provided.. if you have other intentions, then I am sure other forums would love to foster your brand of inquisition and you'd be welcomed to like minds!!!

all the best!

questionner
10-20-2008, 11:30 PM
Wow,

Firstly, I don't think your rudeness is warranted, nor are you at liberty to measure my sincerity. I did not get what I posted from a website, I received an email from someone knowing I was looking into certain things about Islam and I, having browsed this place before (and without engaging in any arguments as I'm hardly knowledgeable enough to attempt a single one nor do I think arguments necessary to find what I'm looking for..) and thought that perhaps I could get a response from people who know. The reason I started off by saying rape was unislamic is because I do believe the religion to be deeply rooted in ideals of social justice etc.

I do not see why you would respond if it annoys you so much? By the way the only sites I've looked into happen to be muslim sites, as I would be quite daft to go to an atheist site if I'm interested in learning more about a specific religion. I looked in Islamicity before posting here and perhaps I do not have enough patience to keep clicking the search tabs using different words every so often but I couldn't find anything relevant to my questions.

Can someone other than the 'no-bs' lady with the sincerity meter point me towards actual books of any relevance to the topics at hand? Because Islam for Dummies only covers so much and I can see the internet is not the best place to raise questions..

Oh what the hell, I'll google it. Thank you oh lovely folks, you've been ever so kind, ever so helpful.

brotherinfaith
10-20-2008, 11:36 PM
if you wish this is my email and i will answer some of your questions god willing youssef82_08@hotmail.fr
there is no harm in you asking such questions and it's your right to know these things

Güven
10-20-2008, 11:43 PM
^brother it is NOT allowed too show your email in public incase of fitnah etc. :)

جوري
10-20-2008, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by questionner
Wow,

Firstly, I don't think your rudeness is warranted, nor are you at liberty to measure my sincerity. I did not get what I posted from a website, I received an email from someone knowing I was looking into certain things about Islam and I, having browsed this place before (and without engaging in any arguments as I'm hardly knowledgeable enough to attempt a single one nor do I think arguments necessary to find what I'm looking for..) and thought that perhaps I could get a response from people who know. The reason I started off by saying rape was unislamic is because I do believe the religion to be deeply rooted in ideals of social justice etc.
I am very much at liberty to measure your sincerity, whether or not you take kindly to my critical remarks is your own prerogative and doesn't concern me one way or the other!
further, I think you have taken no effort whatsoever to conceal your intent. from experience we can distinguish, someone fraught with disgust and query from someone who did nothing more than cut and paste an article to either promote his own agenda or see what sort of remarks he can get back from members!

I do not see why you would respond if it annoys you so much? By the way the only sites I've looked into happen to be muslim sites, as I would be quite daft to go to an atheist site if I'm interested in learning more about a specific religion. I looked in Islamicity before posting here and perhaps I do not have enough patience to keep clicking the search tabs using different words every so often but I couldn't find anything relevant to my questions.
I derive pleasure from exposing frauds, it is relaxing to me :D..
you don't have the patience to browse yet have a time for a rather large cut and paste? I am confused really.. you want to be handled with kid gloves and spoon fed info? yet by same token riled for being castigated over what appears to the naked eye no more than what it actually is, a paste effort from a troll on a crusade?! hilarious!

good luck with your search!

brotherinfaith
10-20-2008, 11:49 PM
i am thankful to you brother but that person needs some help and the reaction of some members didn't follow the example of the prophet as god said'' wa jadilhom bi lati hiya ahsan'' even if i know i don't have enough knowledge but our faith is clear thank god and what he askded about is good and not anti islamic because we have nothing to fear and it's our responsability to show to people the truth or we will be judged for that in front of god and we will have no excuse for that as you know my brother '' kol hathihi sabili ad'ou ila lahi 'ala basiratin ana wa mani ittaba'ani''

let's help each other and this will be the last time i show my email promised and thanks again

جوري
10-20-2008, 11:55 PM
Ar'rasool SAW also said 'al'moemin futten'
if not a week ago or so we get a ['sincere questionner' /sunshine] also dragging a cut and paste u to 15 pages and completely dissatisffied with every answer given, or another one using Muslim women, the Prophet and God in pornographic images because the forum is too allowing.. if nothing else experience should be the best teacher.

Certainly Allah SWT gave us the faculties to distinguish sincere inquiry from malice!

questionner
10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
Thank you very much to the above poster. I will most definitely email you and I hope you don't mind if I flood your inbox.

To the spiteful lady, if you took a second to read my reply you would've noticed that I mentioned receiving my original post as an email. I get plenty of emails from atheist pals questioning my inclination to religion, Islam in particular. I do not browse sites and come here simply to start arguments, I've got better things to do believe it or not. Why would I accept emails from them? Because they raise valid questions, questions I think are quite easy to answer for anyone who believes in Islam. If you are unable to answer them, say so and move on. If you're so interested in exposing frauds and the like maybe you can get off your high horse for a second, paste your email address and I can forward the very emails to you? I won't hold my breath for that one.

There's something very disturbing about your posts and how you take to ridicule others (or attempt to) with such gusto and zeal. I don't argue pointlessly so this is where we stop exchanging words.

questionner
10-21-2008, 12:09 AM
Not sure how to edit, for the record I was thanking brotherinislam and I've never posted as whoever this lady claims. Why the hell I'm bothering to keep writing on this website is beyond me.

جوري
10-21-2008, 12:13 AM
this is a repeat...
our guest though seems to have taken a leave of absence like his two previous predecessors..:-\

brotherinfaith
10-21-2008, 12:15 AM
she is not spitful at all it's because she loves islam and our prophet but never spitful.the truth is more precious than anything and it becomes a personal matter and i am sure you have enough wisdom to understand that.
you can flood my email box as much as you wish lol but it will be better if we do it one part at a time so that i can have time to make searches and read more so that i can clear as much as you need to understand it and i pray to god to clear our way all guide to what he likes and what pleases him god willing
we all need patience so that we can learn together god willing

جوري
10-21-2008, 12:15 AM

To the spiteful lady, if you took a second to read my reply you would've noticed that I mentioned receiving my original post as an email. I get plenty of emails from atheist pals questioning my inclination to religion, Islam in particular. I do not browse sites and come here simply to start arguments, I've got better things to do believe it or not. Why would I accept emails from them? Because they raise valid questions, questions I think are quite easy to answer for anyone who believes in Islam. If you are unable to answer them, say so and move on. If you're so interested in exposing frauds and the like maybe you can get off your high horse for a second, paste your email address and I can forward the very emails to you? I won't hold my breath for that one.

There's something very disturbing about your posts and how you take to ridicule others (or attempt to) with such gusto and zeal. I don't argue pointlessly so this is where we stop exchanging words.
1- I have read what you have written, doesn't make it a credible testimony!
2-Glad you are not here on an agenda!
3-No answer given to you by any member will be better than an answer critqued and explained by Muslim scholars on the subject. Again, its commonality is obvious that there is a quick detailed response for everything you've posed! if you don't wish to use proper site for your queries that is your prerogative but don't feign interest in learning Islam ( people who do usually start with the 'introduce yourself' section!
4-My email is in fact open to all under my profile, all one needs to do is click on my SN send me either a PM under contact info. or choose option 2 which is directly to my mail box.. surprisingly even my AIM is there too!
but I suppose that too would require some effort on your part.

all the best!

Hamayun
10-21-2008, 08:06 AM
Brother Questioner...

I am glad that your intentions are good. The 2 things that are typical of people who come here for slander are:
1. They will cut and paste a long compilation of a pick and mix of verses.
2. They will criticise members who post replies.

You did start off with a long cut and paste and you also criticised me for not giving you the answers.

If indeed your intentions were to learn the truth about Islam then I offer you my sincere apologies.

If there is any way I can help you please do let me know but bear in mind I am a newbie myself.

Peace

Thinker
10-21-2008, 10:31 AM
To the spiteful lady,
Spiteful – hmm not sure if that’s a good word for anyone here.

There are some very narrow minded members who take any questioning of Islamic teachings as a personal insult. I believe that is because they are insecure in their beliefs. You however have unfortunately picked on the wrong one with Skye, I have had a few issues here but credit where credit is due, I have found Skye Ephémérine to be one of the most balanced and open minded members of this forum and arguably the most learned.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.